Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2016 5:41 PM

May 2016
I have noticed people like to discuss what manga they want adapted into an anime, but I was wondering why it isn't discussed the other way around.
Aug 11, 2016 5:46 PM

Feb 2013
original anime is done in 1 or 2 cour, manga takes 99999 weeks to fully release + you've already seen the story through the animu
Aug 11, 2016 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
It's about demand.Manga to anime is a good way to tease manga but going to manga after anime is "downgrade" for a lot of people.

Most unique thing I can give example about this matter is Ga-Rei: Zero.
It's the "prequel" of manga.
Aug 11, 2016 5:51 PM

Oct 2014
I read one of the manga based on Madoka and it wasn't bad. The very fact that they exist means that there's some demand for it. I've even heard someone ask if they should read the manga of Angel Beats! after watching the anime since the anime was rushed meaning that there are even people who trust the manga adaption more than the original anime (there was a light novel and a 4koma manga that started before the anime but it's still considered to be an original anime).
Aug 11, 2016 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
Because original anime good enough to make you want to read a manga adaptation are rare as fuck compared to the other way around ? I mean anime most of the time is served to advertise a manga source anyway. Exceptions I could think of are NGE and Code Geass, which apparently spawned equally good manga adaptations.
Aug 11, 2016 5:56 PM

Sep 2009
The thing that people don't really want are manga that are adapted directly from original animes. Most animes are adapted from some other source, and normally the manga comes before the anime, and will eventually go further than the anime, which gives it some demand.

And then there are spinoff mangas, for people who are too addicted to an anime franchise and need more (like settling for the sketchy stuff, when you're out of the good stuff, in drug terms :3)

Faithful manga adaptations of an original anime are preetty useless. In my opinion.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 12, 2016 12:16 PM

Aug 2014
You look forward to anime adapted from manga because of the visuals of what you've already read.

You look forward to manga adapted from anime because... because you want to see what has already been animated placed into single framed pictures in black and white?
Aug 12, 2016 2:23 PM

Mar 2016
Because a anime is faster and has animation, music, voice and other special effects
Sure, you could keep a manga in your bookshelf but it takes lots of time to fully finish what a anime did in manga's production time, and when the manga ends... it wont be such different since you saw a fully animated show of the same thing.

Aug 12, 2016 2:33 PM
Feb 2011
There are times when some anime do get manga adaptations, like usually of 1 or 2 volumes. Those manga are usually complete garbage though. So maybe that's why?
I think when it's done, it's usually done for some easy money.
Aug 12, 2016 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
>original anime
>rare af to make
>finally fund and make an original anime
>it's successful
>"TIME TO MILK THIS FUCKER DRY BOYS!!!!"

The end
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2016 2:40 PM

Jan 2011
Because reading is not magic and manga takes a lot of work. It is funny how I can find more official LN translations than manga ones here.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 12, 2016 3:03 PM

Dec 2012
Well, judging by the one's I've read it's because they aren't as good. Plus it's a technological downgrade.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Aug 12, 2016 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
That happens all the time, noone cares thou.
Aug 13, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2010
Usually, the anime origin is a manga, so it's stupid to ask for that. In case of original works, people prefer animated version, and as it's already complete, the manga can't add new information.

Aug 13, 2016 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
After you saw something already animated with color and voice acting, reading it in a manga form is degrading it's entertainment value.
Tho this happens from time to time, it's rarely manage to become a successful manga.
Aug 13, 2016 3:24 PM

May 2015
It's the same rule for manga to anime adaptations; the adaptation is often worse then the original and has nothing special to offer. Some manga/light novels are dumb side stories that no wants to really read because they don't provide the same experience as the anime.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Aug 13, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
I haven't been on MD but im sure they have this discussion. Also some read more manga than they watch anime
Aug 13, 2016 5:39 PM
Mar 2016
As is with movies in western culture, media presentation of work comes in many forms, the most common of these are presented through visual adaptations and print, when converting one form into another,industries must focus on staple points in a work, when transforming a novel or in this case a manga into a piece of visual entertainment,companies must be selective as to which parts of the original story to include, and due to budget or time frames they would have to leave parts of the original work out. But when we start with an anime (AKA. the visual) and try to convert it into a new form of media, the results may not flow as smoothly between the two, where an anime's strong parts are, is what the newly converted manga lacks, this could mean anything from an atmosphere that certain music makes, or how smoothly the animation makes scenes flow into each other however, none of these are achievable through a manga adaptation.

Hope this helped.

Aug 13, 2016 6:38 PM

Mar 2016
Not that a manga adaptation can't be better than its original anime, but generally speaking you're losing information going anime to manga like movement, color, voice and sound. If the anime sucks I guess you can only go up from there.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Aug 15, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
If an original anime series is popular enough, they will probably create a manga series to go with it. Then, there just are not enough original anime series though, most are based on manga, light novels or visual novels and games, so people usually don't bother discussing that topic.
PeppermintHeartsAug 15, 2016 2:10 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - 11 hours ago

55 by perseii »»
4 seconds ago

» Is flowing hair animation just poor man's gainaxing?

Catalano - 29 minutes ago

3 by Anjuro »»
19 seconds ago

» why the double standard?

Cielord - 2 hours ago

12 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 minutes ago

» What do you think about fetishes in anime?

Anjuro - 6 hours ago

31 by shiro-seishun »»
44 minutes ago

» Do you generate your own Anime Wallpapers with AI?

Dragevard - Yesterday

38 by traed »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.