Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 2:01 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay, I dunno what the fuck this movie was about overall, but I liked it. For the record, I have watched a bit of the prequel with the middle school girls.

Damn, those songs were the bomb. Oh god, and the movie version adds extra harmonies to the songs. I've been listening to King of Prism songs since last year and it's really special to watch it instead.

Louis (CV: Shoutan) is so damn beautiful. Wish he could have more of a role here. lol Shoutan vs Maeno. Aka Ai vs Camus.

It was a bit cringeworthy, honestly. The gay stuff, the rainbow stuff, the naked bodies...It was kinda weird. Despite being weird... I feel that some things made up for it like...

Noteworthy scenes: Maeno running after Kakki who got on the train. Maeno's breaking voice. So good. And then when the MC sung his first prism song and Kakki joined in later, while he was in the car.

I will look forward to the continuation of this movie. Really excited for more.

6/10 overall score.
Jul 9, 2016 5:30 AM

Jul 2009
The street battle was awesome. And then the end where they are all nazis
Jul 26, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
This was extremely weird but quite enjoyable? LOL Haven't heard of this series before (not even the girls one) so I had no expectation, and thankfully for that XD

Literally I was laughing and half cringing in the first five minutes when Shin first saw OTR live but then the songs, THE SONGS are quite good. I like the dynamics of the Edel Rose group aside from OTR and felt it was rather disappointing that we didnt have enough characterization on the Juniors (I do realize OTR was the main focus though and the MC). I actually liked Schwarz Rose' checkered trio but definitely not Jin.

Louis aka Shouta-kun didn't have too much screen time but it must be my fudanshi goggles because Shin is shippable with everyone especially Louis bwahaha

The ending part made me tear up a little especially the train scene when Kakki's char left to Hollywood D: But then Boss MC aka Shin took over the show and his song is so happy and cute <3 not sure how to react for the Schwarz rose all naked uhh...meeting though LOL

All in all, came in expecting idols crap and nothing else, got what I wanted + a bit more to fanboy about. 7/10 in terms of enjoyness scale, 5/10 overall.
Oct 13, 2017 9:19 AM

Mar 2016
Irritating and gay.

They have this tagged as "Shoujo" but this is "Shounen Ai" all ding day long. I wanted to enjoy this movie, but I don't like feminine men OR traps.

It wasn't the worst anime I've ever seen, but I would have liked it a lot more if these dudes kept their clothes on and didn't act like bishoujos in heat when they're preforming.

3/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2018 5:45 PM

Jun 2014
This was a lot of fun to watch. Lots of hot boys, especially Kouji, who's my personal favorite.

I'll be watching the sequel to this soon.

May 17, 2021 1:20 PM
Aug 2016
Absolute cringefest and not much else. Couldn't even focus on the songs because of whatever the hell was happening on screen. How this manages to still have a score of 6 here on MAL is beyond me.

More topics from this board

» King of Prism

nadia_nyaa - Apr 25, 2017

2 by Tensho »»
Apr 25, 2017 11:03 PM

» Movie discussion

Omnisword - Jun 24, 2016

10 by Pikangie »»
Jul 25, 2016 2:38 AM

» DVD Release

hawa777 - Jan 27, 2016

1 by tsubasalover »»
Mar 20, 2016 10:08 PM

» More Voice Cast

Mayuka - Nov 6, 2015

6 by Mayuka »»
Dec 10, 2015 5:03 AM

» [Spoilers] Promo lives from the pri para movie

AzuStar - Nov 16, 2015

0 by AzuStar »»
Nov 16, 2015 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.