Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 2, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2015
OKAY! what did just happen with Kuon ? i haven't watched the first season so probably the reason why Kuon became like that is from the first season i guess ?

overall i felt this epiosde was a little bit slower, but i still enjoy it.
ow, that ending just became intense. looking foward to it.
Apr 5, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
Tevens said:
OKAY! what did just happen with Kuon ? i haven't watched the first season so probably the reason why Kuon became like that is from the first season i guess ?

Yes. It has to do with her family.

Apr 20, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2011
I don't get some of the actions the people there made. Mikazuchi is clear, either his soldiers didn't notice it anyways or they are loyal enough, and nobody else can prove that he saw anything or was even in the area.

Auti's father on the other hand..why assemble this many ships and soldiers only to let them escape? He could have pretendend to cruise the river and let them slip by, but the way he handled it was weird.

Also, Haku and his group. They took out, maybe even killed soldiers before. The two priest-girls can stop Vurai himself in his giant form. What exactly was the problem with taking out a handful of his soldier? Oh yes, they wouldn't have to face Vurai and half his army then, i forgot.

And given that they had an advantage, both in time and strength, why didn't they try to escape the city? Instead, they run around all across the city and choose the biggest gate they can find, if it does even lead out.

Also, they where at the docks. Why didn't they take a boat or swim? The priest-girls probably can either make them water-walk, let them hover, give them a bubble of air or simply teleport them somewhere. The only reason they couldn't teleport to the palace earlier was that someone had raised a shield of some sort. Surely they didn't surround the entire city, and even if, just teleport them to one of the less used gates.

I hate it when there are so many ways to enforce an encounter, and the writers choose the most implausible way.

Like, if they would have established earlier that the problem was not that the *palace* is shielded, but that somehow, you can't use magic at all in the city, teleport etc. would be out of question. Instead, they conveniently forgot that they can do this.
Apr 21, 2016 1:56 AM

Jul 2007
NwAurion said:

Auti's father on the other hand..why assemble this many ships and soldiers only to let them escape? He could have pretendend to cruise the river and let them slip by, but the way he handled it was weird.

Generals are supposed to do their jobs. This way he can still pretend they never passed through them. It would not make sense to have the one responsible from protecting the sea not do his job.

Also, Haku and his group. They took out, maybe even killed soldiers before. The two priest-girls can stop Vurai himself in his giant form. What exactly was the problem with taking out a handful of his soldier? Oh yes, they wouldn't have to face Vurai and half his army then, i forgot.

Battle of attrition. They want to leave the city not fight every single soldier. The less they actually face someone the more chances they have to actually have enough strength to survive.

And given that they had an advantage, both in time and strength, why didn't they try to escape the city? Instead, they run around all across the city and choose the biggest gate they can find, if it does even lead out.

Because there's no other way to escape the city? There are limited amounts of escape routes from it and They pretty much got directed towards him and his location.

Also, they where at the docks. Why didn't they take a boat or swim? The priest-girls probably can either make them water-walk, let them hover, give them a bubble of air or simply teleport them somewhere. The only reason they couldn't teleport to the palace earlier was that someone had raised a shield of some sort. Surely they didn't surround the entire city, and even if, just teleport them to one of the less used gates.

Kamunagi most likely do not have powers like that. Most of their power so far seems to involve some form of shield or transportation. They are Haku's protection, not offense.
They got chased away from the docks and IF everybody knew they were going by the sea, Atui's father would be forced to attack and apprehend them - Atui's boat slipped past SPECIFICALLY because they got there unexpectedly. You can pretend you never saw somethng nobody expects, you can't pretend to never have seen someone who you are told is heading your way. And Raikou has very efficient communications system as shown both here and in Tuskuru war.

If Haku's group manages to make enough fuss - the boat with the princess can slip by. And for that, Haku's group has to try to escape in a wholly different direction.

Like, if they would have established earlier that the problem was not that the *palace* is shielded, but that somehow, you can't use magic at all in the city, teleport etc. would be out of question. Instead, they conveniently forgot that they can do this.

Teleportation most likely is blocked. Raikou is not an idiot.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

96 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.