Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 11, 2016 11:02 AM

Apr 2015
People who are in their pseudo-intelectual and elitist phases. I just hope those poor souls can get over those autism phases
Jan 11, 2016 7:17 PM

Jul 2015
This guy sums it up perfectly: http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=196789
Apr 16, 2016 1:57 AM
Apr 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
They don't, and if they do, they're not people, so they don't.

Not like it's super amazing, but if you actively hate it, you may need help.
Moron. It's boring, moe, yuri-fag bullshit with the world's most dreaded humorless stereotypes you can find with shitshows like these. People like you liking shit like this speaks volumes of your taste.
Apr 16, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
Silber-Rot said:
Red_Tuesday said:
They don't, and if they do, they're not people, so they don't.

Not like it's super amazing, but if you actively hate it, you may need help.
Moron. It's boring, moe, yuri-fag bullshit with the world's most dreaded humorless stereotypes you can find with shitshows like these. People like you liking shit like this speaks volumes of your taste.

Thanks for proving my point.
Apr 23, 2016 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
I doubt there is anyone who hates K-ON! for what it is, as it is average as you can get. It's incredibly inoffensive and ultimately rather bland. K-ON! is the ultimate definition of generic, aside from its art/animation. The most you could do is dislike K-ON! because it did nothing but waste your time, but hating K-ON! for what it is seems really far-fetched. However, if you hate K-ON! for what it has done, then that's another story.

K-ON! has become the benchmark for bland, empty, moe-centric anime. If you take a glance at the shows on anichart for each season, I'm sure you'll see all these shows having a competition for 'Blandest anime about cute girls doing cute stuff of the year!' The creators of said anime saw K-ON! and how well it sold and thought, "We can get easy profits that way!" and so, these sorts of generic anime are pumped out in larger amounts each year. K-ON! essentially holds responsibility as the progenitor of this new anime trend that other shows are trying to scrape some amount of success off of. And people hate it for that. People hate that fewer and fewer anime that actually have something meaningful to say, or even have any sort of substance are being produced. "It's all just this moe stuff being produced!"

Ultimately, though, if it wasn't moe, it'd be another trend that was just as worthless managing to attract large plethoras of consumers. The old rule is:

"90% of everything is terrible, the other 10% is gold."

In that sense, the hatred that K-ON! receives is misplaced. If you're going to hate something, hate psychology and terrible business mentality.

That's my guess, anyway.
Aug 13, 2017 6:41 PM
Apr 2015
smallwaves said:
The show is mediocre shit that made it big because of who adapted it rather than it's own merits, with a bland ensemble of a cast whose archetypes have been done better by literally dozens of predecessors. By the turn of the decade it will probably be forgotten like Lucky Star because nobody gives a damn about the manga.
>Lucky Star
>Forgotten
Good one.
Aug 8, 2019 7:03 PM
Jul 2015
A lot of the hate is from people who haven't watched it. There are also people here calling the show generic. If you described the characters without mentioning music (or cake), I'd know it was this show, not any of the others. So regardless of whether they would like it or not, I'm not sure what they watched.

ccdct is about as informative as strong-guys-punching-evil. How many shows does that describe?
Aug 8, 2019 7:18 PM

Aug 2018
Hating on legendary anime like K-ON!
Lmao they need some mental checkup
SOP-IIAug 8, 2019 7:24 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Aug 8, 2019 7:20 PM
Feb 2012
u can't get any more 2009 than this question
Aug 8, 2019 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Because is slice of life/"nothing happens". I don't blame people who think like that. Shows like K-ON have nothing to offer but "cute artstyle". They have no purpose no clear message.There are hundreds of shows like that, and they're not good either for the same reasons.
Aug 11, 2019 8:30 PM

Mar 2017
I would say it is from the moe art style and lack of overarching plot or of much happening at all. Most people come to anime for wild and crazy stories and ideas, and K-On is just not that interesting on face value. Because of that most people just don't give it amazing scores like 8's and higher. Even though I like it a lot, I personally think it is a low 7 but that is me being harsh on everything for the most part.

I think that K-On will have a better reputation going forward with less and less people turning down moe anime purely on art style. Along with slice of life seeming to be as strong as ever, I think that K-On will be remembered and treated with respect in the future. (Though you will never convince the 13 year old boys that only like edgy shows and action packed thrillers to give K-on a fair shot)
Aug 15, 2019 7:23 AM

Oct 2018
Basically because it's a 'Thermonuclear Moe Bomb' and some people just detest moe tropes/characters. I don't mind moe characters myself, as CLAMP's moe-heavy characters the Persocom Chii & Hanato Kobato are two of my favourite characters in Anime. As a huge Ah! My Goddess fan, I fully admit the series is overly sacchrine and realize it isn't for everyone, it's just another example of how sometimes you just gotta accept that some Anime fans have narrower genre preferences than one's self.
Aug 15, 2019 3:13 PM

Jun 2014
Because some people, like me, hate cute things.

Sep 20, 2019 1:05 AM
May 2019
It's the best and cutest thing ever created. If you don't like it then you make Hitler look like Ronald McDonald.
Sep 20, 2019 1:26 AM

Feb 2019
The same reason people hate Moe shows, they think it's boring and lacks substance.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jan 13, 2020 7:07 PM

Oct 2018
Probably hated by insecure elitist neckbeards who never held hands with a girl and can't handle MOE MOE KYUUN.

Jan 14, 2020 4:45 PM
Sep 2018
I would say they hate because it’s moe and may seem to not have a interesting value like this. Mostly from what I think it’s the same setting like the school and the club plots, which seems like a overused setting that can be enjoyable and boring depending on its story. Though I would say it would sometimes be the characters, the tropes, the clutches that lead to hating it. do like this show but it has pros and cons to be listed.

Possible Cons:
-the girls very few traits that kinda bother me, I do appreciate them as different people who have interests in musics and try to have the same goals as they have fun and try to overcome some obstacles. But sometimes they irritate me or annoy me. Sometimes it would be mio’s shyness when she objects like being in the center of attention in crowds/wearing ridiculous clothing/working in a public job, more to count but these do intend to be real situations that people do get in to.

Sometimes when Yui uses the dumb trait to make her cute, and ritsu’s actions and sometimes attitude, and mugi’s very few traits of a Mary Sue ( but she has a few flaws and I find her fine) and sometimes strange requests.
Even Sawako with her crazy cosplay hobby and sometimes over confidence.

But i can’t say they aren’t realistic, because they do have relatable traits that can happen in anyone’s life.

- because it’s moe. It’s not really I problem, kyoani has done successful moe and other anime in their years of animation and teaching viewers about happiness, emotion, etc. Though in a few scenes and episodes I feel like they overuse it, but not on everything. Though people would at least reconsider.

-the development and sometimes annoying lines. I feel like that’s what isometimes lacks in, and the characters do have small development but not a lot to go around, and what they say doesn’t make it a excuse, just What any moe excuse could be. But this doesn’t happen a lot.

Pros

- the characters are actually relatable as a high school student. They’re background isn’t always now, they do resemble realism in their anime kinda way, because they’re situations where studying feels frustrating, sometimes in situations you don’t know how to get out of, having fun with friends, having people around you who have cared for you, and encourage each other sometimes even though at moments they kid around and get mad at eachother. Which depicts on teenagers and I think it’s a good side of the show.

- the continuing goal to perform music. I do like how they develop their music as they go further in their high school years, and still continue to play what they love, since they’re a different kind of band, since it was unexpected ever since mio started song writing, it’s a enjoyable part of the show.

- there are perfect cute moments and is rewatchable. I watched k-on for about more than 10 times on my bluray DVDs because it’s very engaging when you wanna start watching the first season, because the show is more than cute moe girls who fool around and eat cake as they lack practice. It does show goals on the characters based on how they really wanna improve the band and what their choices as a club together, and deciding what they’re going to do as they go further to high school and discover what their future will be. And does make you feel happy time to time, watch the show yourself.

-last pro, it’s a show that centers more than just school and music. Like I said it has it situations in life in school and out. Sometimes it would be activities and events that don’t focus on the two the same time. There is episode 13 where the girls have to been caught in situations like falling in love, working at a job, watching a pet for someone, wanting to write a song and making a new recipe due to everyone being busy. Especially when missing your sibling and need people around and comfort you, even wanting to do something in summer. There are moments you will like it or not. But the show is good and it’s not made for everyone. But this could be a example that should be given to people who still don’t like the show or at least understand some of the good and bad things about it other than being moe wand not edgy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

348 by SwowoJonny »»
Sep 20, 1:20 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DaBigD - May 21, 2009

240 by Lara_201 »»
Sep 15, 7:45 PM

» who is your least favorite character and why? (K-ON!)

DDLG - Jul 7, 2020

34 by Serafos »»
Sep 7, 7:05 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

316 by AaDhy »»
Aug 28, 12:34 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

600 by iamragnar »»
Aug 20, 9:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.