Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 15, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
- Interesting : Why is she interesting? Please let me know ^^
- The story should be focused around her and preferably also told from her point of view (So most harems fall off)

Some examples:

- Skip beat
- Beauty pop
- Superior
- Seirei no Moribito & Kemono no Souja Erin
- Noir

I once began adding all my animes to my list,but stopped after it became a hassle to find them all. So I prefer manga suggestions over anime which are more likely to be unknown to me.

Anyway thanks in advance!
Nov 15, 2015 8:31 PM

May 2012
Junni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms") - If you liked Moribito, you should watch this. The protagonist starts off as a weak-willed high-school girl. She is transported to a fantasy world where she learns her true fate. This one starts slowly so be patient. Youko's personal journey is often considered one of the greatest examples of character development in anime.

Saiunkoku Monogatari is another fantasy Asian story, this one set in a world that looks like T'ang China (600-900 CE). The heroine is an impoverished princess who wants to become her country's first female Imperial official. There's a romance, too, but Shurrei has her eyes firmly set on her personal agenda. Not as much action/adventure as Junni Kokuki or Moribito; Shurrei succeeds with her mind and her determination.

The main supporting woman in Monster is another admirable female character. She's a 20-yo law student with a complicated past. Though the main story focuses on Dr. Tenma, Nina has her own path, and many episodes are devoted to her.

Next I'll recommend Chihayafuru. As a young girl, Chihaya learns to play an obscure Japanese card game called karuta with two boys from school. When she enters high school she recruits a team that competes in intermural contests. Chihaya is very focused on karuta, sometimes to the point of obsession, but her determination motivates her friends and makes them a strong team.

Finally I'll suggest Shirobako. The main character is a young woman just out of college who goes to work as a production assistant for an anime studio. Aoi is very competent and a born leader who manages to keep all the creative types in line.
SeijiSenseiNov 15, 2015 8:38 PM
Nov 15, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2014
Angelise Ikuraga Misurugi from Cross Ange
She went from a racist princess to a pragmatic soldier with sympathetic tendencies. She has also gone bananas (sexually and otherwise) primarily due to being the most tortured female I've seen in almost all media.

These next two, I haven't seen much of, but they still left an impression
Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote
She's THE female otaku and her design doesn't conform to conventional anime beauty to entertain the notion of a cool personality.

Sakurako Kujou from Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Not many adult female detectives I can think of outside of the obvious scifi, so I would assume she would be fairly refreshing. She has an obsession with collecting bones (I got an erotic vibe) and is very clingy to those she (her assistant rather) finds.
Nov 15, 2015 11:02 PM

Nov 2012
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

The story begins with "tired of life" Mirai, which rather tired of the disposition of things in the world around it: parents quarrels, the younger brother is annoying... But fate played a cruel joke with Mirai, when she, in despair, have wished that all disappeared...

Slayers

The comedy-fantasy-anime series.
Lina, the main character... She just need for all the canons to be an concentration of light magic! Well, or dark magic... but if it dark, then she must be tormented by it, to suffer, etc, etc.. Yeah, whatever. Yep, she saves the world. When she wants. When she is well fed and quite content. Or when she paid. And in general, to begin to think about: is it worth it at all to allow the world to save, because it is not known what is worse. White magic in the face of her companion, the Princess - that's really the true hero of the light. But here, reaching the point of absurdity in their quest for justice she can do such cases. And so on ...
Nov 16, 2015 12:05 AM

Jul 2013
You might want to take a look at Ghost in the Shell. The lead female character, Motoko, can make a chiseled man cry like a little b*tch. Claymore also has an interesting female lead.

Although, Star or Aki from Tekkaman isn't a lead character, she still has the personality that more female characters should have. Always nice and loyal to another character.
Nov 16, 2015 8:55 PM

Jan 2014
SeijiSensei said:
Junni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms") - If you liked Moribito, you should watch this. The protagonist starts off as a weak-willed high-school girl. She is transported to a fantasy world where she learns her true fate. This one starts slowly so be patient. Youko's personal journey is often considered one of the greatest examples of character development in anime.

Saiunkoku Monogatari is another fantasy Asian story, this one set in a world that looks like T'ang China (600-900 CE). The heroine is an impoverished princess who wants to become her country's first female Imperial official. There's a romance, too, but Shurrei has her eyes firmly set on her personal agenda. Not as much action/adventure as Junni Kokuki or Moribito; Shurrei succeeds with her mind and her determination.

The main supporting woman in Monster is another admirable female character. She's a 20-yo law student with a complicated past. Though the main story focuses on Dr. Tenma, Nina has her own path, and many episodes are devoted to her.

Next I'll recommend Chihayafuru. As a young girl, Chihaya learns to play an obscure Japanese card game called karuta with two boys from school. When she enters high school she recruits a team that competes in intermural contests. Chihaya is very focused on karuta, sometimes to the point of obsession, but her determination motivates her friends and makes them a strong team.

Finally I'll suggest Shirobako. The main character is a young woman just out of college who goes to work as a production assistant for an anime studio. Aoi is very competent and a born leader who manages to keep all the creative types in line.

I've watched Junni Kokuki,Saiunkoku Monogatari and Chihayafuru which were great. I know of monster,but I don't think it suits me ^^;

I started watching Shirobako right away after you recommended it,thank you so much (Was on a dry spell when it comes to new animes).

Akagi-kun said:
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

The story begins with "tired of life" Mirai, which rather tired of the disposition of things in the world around it: parents quarrels, the younger brother is annoying... But fate played a cruel joke with Mirai, when she, in despair, have wished that all disappeared...

Slayers

The comedy-fantasy-anime series.
Lina, the main character... She just need for all the canons to be an concentration of light magic! Well, or dark magic... but if it dark, then she must be tormented by it, to suffer, etc, etc.. Yeah, whatever. Yep, she saves the world. When she wants. When she is well fed and quite content. Or when she paid. And in general, to begin to think about: is it worth it at all to allow the world to save, because it is not known what is worse. White magic in the face of her companion, the Princess - that's really the true hero of the light. But here, reaching the point of absurdity in their quest for justice she can do such cases. And so on ...

Ive watched every rendition of the slayers series which was a lot.
I adored tokyo magnitude for the older female main character mari which makes sense since she resembles balsa from seirei no moribito a lot (Design and attitude wise).

Still thank you for the recommendations.

mostezli said:
Angelise Ikuraga Misurugi from Cross Ange
She went from a racist princess to a pragmatic soldier with sympathetic tendencies. She has also gone bananas (sexually and otherwise) primarily due to being the most tortured female I've seen in almost all media.

These next two, I haven't seen much of, but they still left an impression
Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote
She's THE female otaku and her design doesn't conform to conventional anime beauty to entertain the notion of a cool personality.

Sakurako Kujou from Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
Not many adult female detectives I can think of outside of the obvious scifi, so I would assume she would be fairly refreshing. She has an obsession with collecting bones (I got an erotic vibe) and is very clingy to those she (her assistant rather) finds.

I haven't seen sakurako so Ill be sure to try that one out. Thanks for the recommendation =)

Kurt_Irving said:
You might want to take a look at Ghost in the Shell. The lead female character, Motoko, can make a chiseled man cry like a little b*tch. Claymore also has an interesting female lead.

Although, Star or Aki from Tekkaman isn't a lead character, she still has the personality that more female characters should have. Always nice and loyal to another character.

I really prefer for the character not be a side character so Ill have to skip tekkaman. Ive seen enough of ghost in the shell (The most important ones like the series and some of the movies).

Still thanks though ^^
Nov 16, 2015 9:16 PM

Oct 2014
Otogizhoushi -- A little-known title with the girl as the protag. Interesting to see her strength of character as attempts to impersonate her sick brother to complete a quest. Second half takes place in modern Tokyo where it becomes more of a mystery solving title.

Junketsu no Maria -- Rather adult themes but Maria has ideas of her own that butt up against the Church (and an oft-appearing archangel as well).

Carried by the Wind: Tsukikage Ran -- A very good female samurai wandering from town-to-town correcting local injustice (with the help of a martial artist female companion).
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Nov 16, 2015 9:38 PM

Jun 2014
http://myanimelist.net/manga/7749/Oresama_Teacher
The main character is cool and funny. And she's a good fighter.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/42001/Song_of_the_Long_March
The MC is intelligent and good at battle strategy. Her abilities are impressive, but she still fails and learns.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/10412/Warau_Kanoko-sama and http://myanimelist.net/manga/19980/Koi_dano_Ai_dano
The MC likes to scheme. She's a people-watcher, so she prefers to stay unnoticed.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/14127/Satougashi_no_Dangan_wa_Uchinukenai:_A_Lollypop_or_A_Bullet
The MC is very serious and aloof.
Nov 16, 2015 11:20 PM

Jan 2014
8oomer said:
Otogizhoushi -- A little-known title with the girl as the protag. Interesting to see her strength of character as attempts to impersonate her sick brother to complete a quest. Second half takes place in modern Tokyo where it becomes more of a mystery solving title.

Junketsu no Maria -- Rather adult themes but Maria has ideas of her own that butt up against the Church (and an oft-appearing archangel as well).

Carried by the Wind: Tsukikage Ran -- A very good female samurai wandering from town-to-town correcting local injustice (with the help of a martial artist female companion).

I enjoyed otogizhoushi,but I stopped watching after the time warp. I've also watched Junketsu no Maria and carried by the wind fully. They were great ^^

Thank you for the recommendations!

dream_eater1012 said:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/7749/Oresama_Teacher
The main character is cool and funny. And she's a good fighter.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/42001/Song_of_the_Long_March
The MC is intelligent and good at battle strategy. Her abilities are impressive, but she still fails and learns.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/10412/Warau_Kanoko-sama and http://myanimelist.net/manga/19980/Koi_dano_Ai_dano
The MC likes to scheme. She's a people-watcher, so she prefers to stay unnoticed.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/14127/Satougashi_no_Dangan_wa_Uchinukenai:_A_Lollypop_or_A_Bullet
The MC is very serious and aloof.

Unfortunately,I already know all of them. Still waiting for updates =P
Nov 17, 2015 1:30 AM
Nov 17, 2015 6:16 AM

May 2012
chibishoujo said:
I've watched Junni Kokuki,Saiunkoku Monogatari and Chihayafuru which were great. I know of monster,but I don't think it suits me ^^;

I started watching Shirobako right away after you recommended it,thank you so much (Was on a dry spell when it comes to new animes).

So now that we've covered those rather obvious suggestions, here are a few more obscure options:

Otona Joshi no Anime Time - A series of four short stories by female authors about women between 28 and 45. The stories range from funny to bittersweet to disturbing.

Hataraki Man - Workplace comedy-drama about a 28-yo editor at a weekly magazine. Tanaka Rie delivers a knock-out performance as the world-weary Hiroko dealing with patriarchy and overwork.

LUpin III: Mine fujiko to Iu Onna - Okada Mari goes a bit too Gothic for my tastes at the end, but she and director Sayo Yamamoto delivered on this unusual spinoff from the Lupin III series.

These next three have young heroines:

Shion no Ou - The titular character is a thirteen-year-old mute girl who is pursuing a career as a professional Shougi ("Japanese chess") player. She witnessed the brutal murder of her parents at age four and hasn't spoken since. A detective pursues the murderer in a parallel story, but Shion's personal development is much more compellling.

Nijuu Mensou no Musume - Based on characters by Edogawa Rampo, this story features his "Moriarty," the master thief Nijuu Mensou ("Twenty Faces"), and a young girl he kidnaps during a robbery who becomes his acolyte. One of my favorite performances by Hirano Aya as the "musume."

Cross Game follows a pair of childhood friends who both become ace baseball pitchers. Aoba is remarkably talented, but her gender places obstacles in her path. One of the six shows to which I've given a ten rating.

In the better-known department, I'll toss out Ergo Proxy and Nodame Cantabile, if you have never watched them. Both Re'l and Nodame are compelling characters. I'll also suggest the remarkable Dennou Coil (another ten rating) if you have never seen it. The main girls are just ten, but you'll be entranced.

If you want to try another recent option, I'll suggest Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, a tale about an herbalist who meets a prince. It's pretty fluffy, but the main couple is adorable, and Shirayuki herself is no slouch. It has some similar themes to SaiMono though the romance is stronger, and Shirayuki is a commoner which raises issues about their relationship. Another season early next year.

SeijiSenseiNov 17, 2015 9:16 PM
Nov 17, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2015
-Skip Beat
-Chihayafuru

Hehe i'll put in Highschool DxD as a joke
Nov 17, 2015 3:10 PM
Sep 2013
I would totally recommend NANA then. There you see the perspective of 2 heroines and both perspectives are really awesome in their own way.
NANA is one of my favorite anime, you should try it if you haven't yet
Nov 17, 2015 3:30 PM

Dec 2014
Yona of the Dawn - Yona, unbelievable story and progression. She is dependant on everyone around her but once shit hits the fan she forces herself to adapt and learn and progresses so much into something amazing. I love this show.

Katanagatari - Togame, a strategical genius who is commissioned to collect some legendary swords. Her dialogue with the other main lead and romance partner is amazing and so worth paying attention too. Not only is she a genius, she is also incredibly cute and its one of my favourite ever stories. I rated it as one of my 10/10 shows a must watch honestly. That last episode still gives me goosebumps.

Cheeeeeeeriiioooooooooooooo!!!!
Nov 17, 2015 4:45 PM

Mar 2014
Spice and Wolf – Holo, one of my favorite female characters
AnoHana – Menma is an interesting supernatural character
Akagami no Shirayuki Hime – Shirayuki is another one of my favorite female leads.
Nov 18, 2015 12:55 AM

Dec 2014
Anime~~
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14921/RDG:_Red_Data_Girl
~Suzuhara Izumiko is a 15-year-old girl, who has been raised and protected in a shrine deep in the Kumano mountains. She is quite shy and destroys all the electric devices she touches. When she begins to think about going out of the mountains and moving to the city, her guardian Sagara Yukimasa recommends her to enter a high school in Tokyo and forces his son Miyuki to serve Izumiko for life. Miyuki and Izumiko repel each other but their relationship begins to change when a terrifying accident occurs on the school excursion. Izumiko learns her fate as the last representative (yorishiro) of a Himegami goddess and Miyuki learns of his duty as a guardian Yamabushi of Izumiko.~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4551/Hakushaku_to_Yousei
~In the nineteenth century, we find Lydia Carlton living in Scotland, making a living as a fairy doctor. She is one of those rare humans who can see and communicate with fairies. But no one believes her. However, Edgar is in need of someone with a vast knowledge of fairy lore, and Lydia is just that person. After rescuing her, he becomes her employer, but there are many secrets and emotions that seem to follow Edgar, who claims to be the Blue Knight's Earl.!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/anime/60/Chrno_Crusade
~The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Magdalene Order is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/anime/30205/Aoharu_x_Kikanjuu
~ The story follows high school student Hotaru Tachibana, a girl disguised as a boy. Through strange circumstances she finds herself drawn into the world of survival games by a host, Masamune Matsuoka. The two form a team with ero-manga artist Tooru Yukimura and aim to be the best in Japan.~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona
~Princess Yona lives a life of luxury and ease, completely sheltered from the problems of the seemingly peaceful Kingdom of Kouka; however, the sudden murder of the king and betrayal of her beloved cousin Su-won places Yona's life in mortal peril. Forced to escape only with Son Hak, who is both her childhood friend and bodyguard, the naïve princess soon discovers that Kouka is not the idyllic place she envisioned it to be. Poverty, strife, and corruption run rampant, making reclaiming the throne nothing more than a wishful fantasy given the kingdom's current state.~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~Manga~~
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8157/Kamisama_Hajimemashita
The anime is good too.
~Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers her his home, she jumps at the opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine, and Nanami has unwittingly taken over his job as a local deity!
Nanami has all kind of new responsibilities she doesn't understand, dangers she's unaware of, and a cranky ex-familiar who's...actually pretty hot. What's a new-fledged godling to do?~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8456/%C2%BD_Prince
~When Feng Lan's brother encouraged her to play the virtual reality game Second Life, he told her that as a girl, she'd be doted upon. To prove that she could be a better player than him even without a handicap, she was granted her special request for a male avatar. Her adventures in this online RPG begin, as she discovers both the game and what it's like to be thought of as a boy.~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm lonely.
Nov 18, 2015 7:38 AM
Sep 2010
These are all well and good, but god I can't be bothered to watch old animation anymore at 360p.

The years have ruined me, and I've pretty much seen EVERYTHING 2005+

Sad times when I can't even watch anime anymore because I've seen it all.
Nov 18, 2015 1:05 PM
Oct 2011
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
(Not everyone might see it but I believe Eruna is pretty much interesting. Starting as her high spirit and weird ideas...Also how she is interested in girls even tough anime isn't yuri/shoujo ai.)
Nov 18, 2015 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
Sorry for the late reply ^^;

I once tried reading it,but I think it didn't appeal to me due to the lack of progression in the story. I might try it again in the near future =p

SeijiSensei said:

So now that we've covered those rather obvious suggestions, here are a few more obscure options:

Otona Joshi no Anime Time - A series of four short stories by female authors about women between 28 and 45. The stories range from funny to bittersweet to disturbing.

Hataraki Man - Workplace comedy-drama about a 28-yo editor at a weekly magazine. Tanaka Rie delivers a knock-out performance as the world-weary Hiroko dealing with patriarchy and overwork.

LUpin III: Mine fujiko to Iu Onna - Okada Mari goes a bit too Gothic for my tastes at the end, but she and director Sayo Yamamoto delivered on this unusual spinoff from the Lupin III series.

These next three have young heroines:

Shion no Ou - The titular character is a thirteen-year-old mute girl who is pursuing a career as a professional Shougi ("Japanese chess") player. She witnessed the brutal murder of her parents at age four and hasn't spoken since. A detective pursues the murderer in a parallel story, but Shion's personal development is much more compellling.

Nijuu Mensou no Musume - Based on characters by Edogawa Rampo, this story features his "Moriarty," the master thief Nijuu Mensou ("Twenty Faces"), and a young girl he kidnaps during a robbery who becomes his acolyte. One of my favorite performances by Hirano Aya as the "musume."

Cross Game follows a pair of childhood friends who both become ace baseball pitchers. Aoba is remarkably talented, but her gender places obstacles in her path. One of the six shows to which I've given a ten rating.

In the better-known department, I'll toss out Ergo Proxy and Nodame Cantabile, if you have never watched them. Both Re'l and Nodame are compelling characters. I'll also suggest the remarkable Dennou Coil (another ten rating) if you have never seen it. The main girls are just ten, but you'll be entranced.

If you want to try another recent option, I'll suggest Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, a tale about an herbalist who meets a prince. It's pretty fluffy, but the main couple is adorable, and Shirayuki herself is no slouch. It has some similar themes to SaiMono though the romance is stronger, and Shirayuki is a commoner which raises issues about their relationship. Another season early next year.

I've heard of Otona Joshi no Anime Time,but I skipped it for being a collection of short stories. I'll give it a try (still a bit skeptical when it comes to short stories though)

Mine fujiko was excellent. I personally really liked the film noir style,it made the anime more memorable.

Ive already seen (and read) Shion no Ou,Nijuu Mensou no Musume,Shirayuki and crossgame (Same goes for nodame and ergo proxy which are quite the well known)

Hataraki seems interesting enough and Ill be sure to try that one out ^^

Thanks for the recommendation ! =)

StealthActivated said:
-Skip Beat
-Chihayafuru

Hehe i'll put in Highschool DxD as a joke

I thoroughly enjoyed both of them (Especially skip beat). Ill leave no comment further for the DxD part =v=

GenesisCore93 said:
I would totally recommend NANA then. There you see the perspective of 2 heroines and both perspectives are really awesome in their own way.
NANA is one of my favorite anime, you should try it if you haven't yet

I have and it was great =p

suitangi said:
Spice and Wolf – Holo, one of my favorite female characters
AnoHana – Menma is an interesting supernatural character
Akagami no Shirayuki Hime – Shirayuki is another one of my favorite female leads.

Spice and wolf also happens to be one of my favorites,but I've rewatched it... a tad bit too much ><

EmoGirlSaysRawr said:
Anime~~
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14921/RDG:_Red_Data_Girl
~Suzuhara Izumiko is a 15-year-old girl, who has been raised and protected in a shrine deep in the Kumano mountains. She is quite shy and destroys all the electric devices she touches. When she begins to think about going out of the mountains and moving to the city, her guardian Sagara Yukimasa recommends her to enter a high school in Tokyo and forces his son Miyuki to serve Izumiko for life. Miyuki and Izumiko repel each other but their relationship begins to change when a terrifying accident occurs on the school excursion. Izumiko learns her fate as the last representative (yorishiro) of a Himegami goddess and Miyuki learns of his duty as a guardian Yamabushi of Izumiko.~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4551/Hakushaku_to_Yousei
~In the nineteenth century, we find Lydia Carlton living in Scotland, making a living as a fairy doctor. She is one of those rare humans who can see and communicate with fairies. But no one believes her. However, Edgar is in need of someone with a vast knowledge of fairy lore, and Lydia is just that person. After rescuing her, he becomes her employer, but there are many secrets and emotions that seem to follow Edgar, who claims to be the Blue Knight's Earl.!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/anime/60/Chrno_Crusade
~The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Magdalene Order is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/anime/30205/Aoharu_x_Kikanjuu
~ The story follows high school student Hotaru Tachibana, a girl disguised as a boy. Through strange circumstances she finds herself drawn into the world of survival games by a host, Masamune Matsuoka. The two form a team with ero-manga artist Tooru Yukimura and aim to be the best in Japan.~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona
~Princess Yona lives a life of luxury and ease, completely sheltered from the problems of the seemingly peaceful Kingdom of Kouka; however, the sudden murder of the king and betrayal of her beloved cousin Su-won places Yona's life in mortal peril. Forced to escape only with Son Hak, who is both her childhood friend and bodyguard, the naïve princess soon discovers that Kouka is not the idyllic place she envisioned it to be. Poverty, strife, and corruption run rampant, making reclaiming the throne nothing more than a wishful fantasy given the kingdom's current state.~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~Manga~~
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8157/Kamisama_Hajimemashita
The anime is good too.
~Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers her his home, she jumps at the opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine, and Nanami has unwittingly taken over his job as a local deity!
Nanami has all kind of new responsibilities she doesn't understand, dangers she's unaware of, and a cranky ex-familiar who's...actually pretty hot. What's a new-fledged godling to do?~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8456/%C2%BD_Prince
~When Feng Lan's brother encouraged her to play the virtual reality game Second Life, he told her that as a girl, she'd be doted upon. To prove that she could be a better player than him even without a handicap, she was granted her special request for a male avatar. Her adventures in this online RPG begin, as she discovers both the game and what it's like to be thought of as a boy.~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped reading kamisama hajimemashita and continued on with the anime rendition. 1/2 prince is great aside from it becoming weird with the daughter continuing the serie. I've never heard of Red data girl so Ill be adding that to my list to watch.

Thanks for the recommendations ^^

Element-Sama said:
Yona of the Dawn - Yona, unbelievable story and progression. She is dependant on everyone around her but once shit hits the fan she forces herself to adapt and learn and progresses so much into something amazing. I love this show.

Katanagatari - Togame, a strategical genius who is commissioned to collect some legendary swords. Her dialogue with the other main lead and romance partner is amazing and so worth paying attention too. Not only is she a genius, she is also incredibly cute and its one of my favourite ever stories. I rated it as one of my 10/10 shows a must watch honestly. That last episode still gives me goosebumps.

Cheeeeeeeriiioooooooooooooo!!!!

How is katanagatari perspective wise? Aside from that it seems very interesting =)

nekonilya said:
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
(Not everyone might see it but I believe Eruna is pretty much interesting. Starting as her high spirit and weird ideas...Also how she is interested in girls even tough anime isn't yuri/shoujo ai.)

I've seen it,but have mixed feelings about it.

Once again thank you for the recommendations,manga recommendations are especially welcome!
Nov 19, 2015 7:48 AM

May 2012
You're a tough customer there, chibishoujo! How about these?

Toshokan Sensou - Main female character is a new recruit to a team of armed librarians. Like other "senpai" romances (e.g, Nodame, Planetes), she falls for her handsome but strict lieutenant. Has actual gun battles between government-sponsored librarians defending the right to read against government-sponsored censors. Don't ask me!

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo - Ryoko is the drop-dead gorgeous Superintendent of the "Supernatural Division" of the Tokyo Police. She'd like to bed her male subordinate but he's either too canny or too oblivious to follow her lead. In the early episodes they battle the "monster-of-the-week," but the later episodes have a bit more plot. Mostly I like this show for the interplay between Ryoko and Jun and for the great OP that is an homage to the Maurice Binder openings for the early Bond movies.

Dennou Coil - The kids are only ten in this story about a city enveloped in a virtual reality that can only be seen with special glasses. They are memorable characters, though, particularly Kuwashima Houko's "Isako." One of my top-five shows.

Mahou Shoujotai Arusu - Another beautifully-made show for kids about a girl Arusu ("Alice") who falls off a roof into a magical world a la Alice in Wonderland. While Arusu believes magic should be a force for good in the world, she soon discovers it can be put to darker ends. Kuwashima stars in this one, too, as the oldest of the young witch trio, Sheila.

Finally I'll suggest plucky Haruka from Noein. She's at the nexus of a war between "parallel universes." Sometimes I find her too calm given what's going on around her, but that's a minor quibble. While she's a heroine, she's also a twelve-year-old girl. One episode about her desire to reunite her divorced parents is especially touching.
SeijiSenseiNov 19, 2015 10:02 AM
Nov 19, 2015 4:12 PM

Jan 2014
SeijiSensei said:
You're a tough customer there, chibishoujo! How about these?

Toshokan Sensou - Main female character is a new recruit to a team of armed librarians. Like other "senpai" romances (e.g, Nodame, Planetes), she falls for her handsome but strict lieutenant. Has actual gun battles between government-sponsored librarians defending the right to read against government-sponsored censors. Don't ask me!

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo - Ryoko is the drop-dead gorgeous Superintendent of the "Supernatural Division" of the Tokyo Police. She'd like to bed her male subordinate but he's either too canny or too oblivious to follow her lead. In the early episodes they battle the "monster-of-the-week," but the later episodes have a bit more plot. Mostly I like this show for the interplay between Ryoko and Jun and for the great OP that is an homage to the Maurice Binder openings for the early Bond movies.

Dennou Coil - The kids are only ten in this story about a city enveloped in a virtual reality that can only be seen with special glasses. They are memorable characters, though, particularly Kuwashima Houko's "Isako." One of my top-five shows.

Mahou Shoujotai Arusu - Another beautifully-made show for kids about a girl Arusu ("Alice") who falls off a roof into a magical world a la Alice in Wonderland. While Arusu believes magic should be a force for good in the world, she soon discovers it can be put to darker ends. Kuwashima stars in this one, too, as the oldest of the young witch trio, Sheila.

Finally I'll suggest plucky Haruka from Noein. She's at the nexus of a war between "parallel universes." Sometimes I find her too calm given what's going on around her, but that's a minor quibble. While she's a heroine, she's also a twelve-year-old girl. One episode about her desire to reunite her divorced parents is especially touching.

Ive seen most of them with the exception of noein although it seems familiar =p
Ill try noein and will try arusu again since I sort of stopped watching part way through the anime and decided to drop it (Been a while so I dont remember why I did that).

As always thanks for all the recommendation ^v^

PS: sorry for not mentioning dennou coil in my previous reply since you had already mentioned it =p

More topics from this board

» Romance Anime

Zamus_Edits - May 24

7 by mo_lave »»
24 minutes ago

» I need a romance anime

Zamus_Edits - 2 hours ago

0 by Zamus_Edits »»
2 hours ago

» Anime where MC’s saving girl/girls

JiroOzaki - 3 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Pick the best one for me.

phantom346 - May 25

9 by JiroOzaki »»
4 hours ago

» Detective anime about murders solving

Shabo-kun - May 24

21 by Shabo-kun »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.