Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
Hello!

I know its too soon to tell, but what are the possibilities for a season3? The anime looks pretty popular, and the 2. season is just 100x more awesome as the already good s1, i think it could have a future.
Nov 14, 2015 12:13 PM

Nov 2009
If there is a future for Owari, I am all for season 3 personally! It's not the best series ever created in the history of anime, but it has its entertaining qualities.
Nov 14, 2015 1:04 PM

Sep 2014
SkullProX said:
Hello!

I know its too soon to tell, but what are the possibilities for a season3? The anime looks pretty popular, and the 2. season is just 100x more awesome as the already good s1, i think it could have a future.

Um, considering the way the anime is going to end, probably not.

On the other hand, Guren's LN might get an adaptation, to which I will scream at.
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 14, 2015 1:18 PM

Oct 2013
What are the possibility? Like 2%, probably lower. Lot a people including me, assumed that studio wit wanted this to be a hit like AOT, but it probably didn't/isn't meeting their expectations.
Haven't watched any of the second season at all but I'm a chapter away from the latest manga chapter so it may even have original ending.
Nov 14, 2015 10:18 PM

May 2012
For those asking if this might have an original ending... I am not sure but I think we may not?

Anyway, here are some list of future episodes from Animedia December Issue

And also, the LN has more possibility of getting an anime adaptation if we based from what the staff said from their previous interview

zilch16Nov 14, 2015 10:25 PM
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Nov 15, 2015 12:49 AM

Sep 2014
Like I said in the other thread, Anime Original Ending =/= Anime Original Route

For the former, only the last two or three episode will change. For the latter, the whole anime, if not at least half the episodes, would diverge from the manga.
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 15, 2015 3:40 AM

Jan 2015
RealExtinction said:
If there is a future for Owari, I am all for season 3 personally! It's not the best series ever created in the history of anime, but it has its entertaining qualities.

Yeah obviously not the best, but i like this concept that finally shows how vampires are much stronger even with humans having demons as weapons

Also
Nov 17, 2015 11:11 PM
Jan 2013
Right now, it's hard to tell if a third cour is/will be in the works. As I understand it, WIT studios are the same studio who animate Attack on Titan which will more than likely be their plan focus in 2016 as they'll be busy animating a big hit 2-cour second season for that instead.

In terms on how faithful the anime is to the manga currently, it's actually being very faithful as they seem to be animating two chapters per episode. However, the anime is dangerously close to catching up completely with the former.

All I can say right now is that you just have to wait for the last episode to know if a continuation is in the works for next year. If not, they may just wait a year and then continue where the manga left off since more material will be available to the staff.
Nov 21, 2015 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
Anything could happen but most shows these days don't usually have more than 2 cour. For me personally, I think it would be better if they have a third season because otherwise, the season 2 finale could be a bad one.
Dec 5, 2015 11:06 PM
Nov 2013
zilch16 said:
For those asking if this might have an original ending... I am not sure but I think we may not?

And also, the LN has more possibility of getting an anime adaptation if we based from what the staff said from their previous interview

Thanks for this im a fan of the series and happy to hear we are following the source material. I think there will be a season 3 once we get enough material right now the way it's going it's gonna pass the manga version for several chapters XD.
Dec 6, 2015 2:21 AM

Mar 2013
Season 3 most definitely, anytime soon not likely, if I were a betting man (Which I am) mid 2017 at the latest in my opinion, WIT will no doubt be busy with AoT 2 and might start another project
Dec 6, 2015 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
I would LOVE another cour.....but even if we don't get one, we still have the manga. So it's fine. Especially since the art of the manga is actually better than the animu's (for me this is rare with shounen series)

Dec 7, 2015 5:47 PM

Feb 2012
The anime is basically caught up to the manga. The way I see it, the anime is gonna catch up in the next 2 or so episodes, which will likely cause an anime original ending, and if happens there's no chance of a season 3.
Dec 7, 2015 8:03 PM

Jan 2011
Sekko said:
The anime is basically caught up to the manga. The way I see it, the anime is gonna catch up in the next 2 or so episodes, which will likely cause an anime original ending, and if happens there's no chance of a season 3.
Maybe then they'll try to give theirr characters some justifications and actually meaning rather than just fucking Yuu wrecking the whole show with shounen faggotry try and Mika given golden showers of angst all the time.
Dec 8, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
QWERTYFish25 said:
Sekko said:
Maybe then they'll try to give theirr characters some justifications and actually meaning rather than just fucking Yuu wrecking the whole show with shounen faggotry try and Mika given golden showers of angst all the time.

Lol i have no idea how to respond to that xD, but damn, i would love to know how you're gonna react to the next few episodes lol
Dec 8, 2015 5:56 PM

Jan 2011
Sekko said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Lol i have no idea how to respond to that xD, but damn, i would love to know how you're gonna react to the next few episodes lol
My post count will rise dramatically then I'll probably disappear for a conspicuous 7 days to find my post count much lower than what I left it with lol.
Dec 26, 2015 4:37 PM

Jan 2015
Well they left it off with a 'cliffhanger', not a finished ending, so a season3 is likely.
Dec 26, 2015 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
This show is soo interesting... I'd love to get a 3rd cour... I have hopes for it to return on 2017, since they will be working on Shingeki no Kyojin in this 2016.
Dec 26, 2015 7:38 PM

Jun 2014
SkullProX said:
Well they left it off with a 'cliffhanger', not a finished ending, so a season3 is likely.

You must be new.

I've lost count of how many anime I've watched with cliffhangers and enough source material that didn't get more seasons
Dec 26, 2015 7:48 PM

Jun 2014
SkullProX said:

Don't be so quick to assume there will be a sequel. I see you've watched Overlord, Mahouka Koukou, No game no life, and Rokka no yuusha. All of those had incomplete, cliffhanger-like endings, and chances are, none of them will get sequels. Of course, the first three were produced by Madhouse, so sequels are pretty much out of the question anyway. Also, it depends on how well the DVDs and stuff sell, and I know Rokka had abysmal sales, so yeah.......just because it ends incompletely, doesn't guarantee a sequel.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 26, 2015 8:03 PM
Oct 2009
I hope it does'nt end with cliffhanger... >.<
And hope the 3rd season comes in summer or fall 2016, can't really wait that long. D:
Dec 26, 2015 8:07 PM

Apr 2013
I can only say that I hope for a s3.
and,
I do not like this kind of endings, maybe I will forget the anime and it wouldn't bother me. But still, I really prefer a season 3.
JuansterklaasDec 26, 2015 8:08 PM

''I can't help but laugh at how perfect I am'' zlatan Ibrahimovic
Dec 26, 2015 8:12 PM

Nov 2009
I think even a Movie might work to conclude this, I just hope we do get more anyway.
Dec 26, 2015 8:26 PM

Oct 2014
do people really want more of this mess?
Dec 26, 2015 9:26 PM

Feb 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
SkullProX said:

Don't be so quick to assume there will be a sequel. I see you've watched Overlord, Mahouka Koukou, No game no life, and Rokka no yuusha. All of those had incomplete, cliffhanger-like endings, and chances are, none of them will get sequels. Of course, the first three were produced by Madhouse, so sequels are pretty much out of the question anyway. Also, it depends on how well the DVDs and stuff sell, and I know Rokka had abysmal sales, so yeah.......just because it ends incompletely, doesn't guarantee a sequel.
yea but they also didn't have 2nd seasons , Owari did.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Dec 26, 2015 9:28 PM

Feb 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Is there a problem in which people have different opinions than of you?
SukiMikasaDec 26, 2015 9:28 PM
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Dec 26, 2015 9:46 PM

Nov 2015
sumusiko said:

You must be new.

I've lost count of how many anime I've watched with cliffhangers and enough source material that didn't get more seasons

Why do they do this to us. I don't care if it's bad or going the wrong way, i want a second season, please for Christmas.
"What is broken can be reforged."
Dec 27, 2015 4:02 AM

Jan 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
SkullProX said:

I know that the sales matter a lot, but unlike those shows you mentioned owari already had 2 seasons, so I dont see any reasons why it shouldnt have a 3. I dont think the 2. season will do worse in sales than the 1. Even in MAL the 1. is ranked 1000. while the s2 is 500. :)
And mahouka koukou is very likely to get a season2, it did very well in japan, the sales are good, its popular, its just needs source material, so you can expect that in 2017 latest aswell.
Dec 27, 2015 4:57 AM

Jan 2014
SkullProX said:
thebrentinator24 said:

I know that the sales matter a lot, but unlike those shows you mentioned owari already had 2 seasons, so I dont see any reasons why it shouldnt have a 3. I dont think the 2. season will do worse in sales than the 1. Even in MAL the 1. is ranked 1000. while the s2 is 500. :)
And mahouka koukou is very likely to get a season2, it did very well in japan, the sales are good, its popular, its just needs source material, so you can expect that in 2017 latest aswell.

Materials. Seraph had plenty and I'm sure WIT already planned for a 24 episode. They just split it into 2 cour making people assume that it's "2 seasons" when in fact its not. Other example are GATE and fate series from ufotable.

Also Madhouse is notorious for not having second season. NGNL and Mahouka had a ridiculous amount of materials (at least 4 LN volume as of now) coupled with more than average sales. But it's closing 2015 and we didn't even get a peep of news from both, yet SAO by A-1 Pictures is already announced getting a movie....

The only other possibility I see is if the sales for Owari is still more than enough to justify another season AND the author is really that kind of providing another equivalent of 1 full year of manga script (which he did when they're planning to adapt it).
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Dec 27, 2015 5:42 AM

May 2009
Wind_God_Girl said:
Also Madhouse is notorious for not having second season. NGNL and Mahouka had a ridiculous amount of materials (at least 4 LN volume as of now) coupled with more than average sales.

Bullfuckingshit. Madhouse is notorious for shit sales not lack of second season: Chihayafuru, Kaiji, Black Lagoon, Jubei-chan, Di gi Charat, Stitch and Galaxy Angel have sequels.
Dec 27, 2015 6:28 AM

Oct 2014
SukiMikasa said:
gabrielrroiz said:

no i am just surprised people want more of one of the most uninspierd boring and generic shonen of the last few years
Dec 27, 2015 6:32 AM

Mar 2012
FAce it people this show was going to end on a cliff hanger like this from the moment they made the first season..it was originally annouce as a 2 cour show and the split into a cour each to give some more time for the manga to catch up and the author to direct the flow of the story.

Now it has ended at a point where it will force most viewers to read the manga from this point as that was the whole point of this show....to make people go and buy the manga....a lot of anime are just advertisements for materials and this is not the first series to end on a cliffhanger and never have more content to provide even if it sells good ..to give a few examples:

Spice and Wolf.....Haganai...Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles....THe Ambiton of Oda Nobuna.....No Game No Life...Baccano.... Skip Beat!... A Certain Magical Index..some of which are the best recieved as well as best selling anime but just never had more anime content made...Owari will most likely fall on this too.
Dec 27, 2015 6:37 AM

Apr 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
SukiMikasa said:

no i am just surprised people want more of one of the most uninspierd boring and generic shonen of the last few years

Uninspired boring and generic????
The story is super awesome and tell me an anime with those 7 trumpets in combination with vampires and cursed weapons,and vampires being kind of fallen angels or something.
Well lets say its boring and generic...that is ur opinion and end of question.
Dec 27, 2015 7:18 AM

Jul 2008
Instinct tells me there won't be a third season at all, there have been many series over the years that have cliffhanger finale but fell short of following it up with another season.
Dec 27, 2015 7:21 AM

Mar 2012
swordman009 said:
zilch16 said:

Thanks for this im a fan of the series and happy to hear we are following the source material. I think there will be a season 3 once we get enough material right now the way it's going it's gonna pass the manga version for several chapters XD.

Read the lines he said he might do anime adaption of the LN if the anime is succesfull...the first season had an average of 3.8k..which itself is ok..as for the second season it seems to be lower...u just have to hope it is enough to make more...if nor...than il just wait until the manga finishes and read off from there. simple
-ShadowClaw-Dec 27, 2015 7:22 AM
Dec 27, 2015 12:30 PM
Jan 2015
EnPhyX said:
gabrielrroiz said:

The story is super awesome and tell me an anime with those 7 trumpets in combination with vampires and cursed weapons,and vampires being kind of fallen angels or something.

I mean no offense and I don't want to be petty, indeed people are allowed to have different opinions, but c'mon... Not even YOU know what is happening. Vampires, angels, trumpets, demons... Pointless, unexplained symbolism. Are you really going to defend 'The King of Salt', too?

Even devoted OnS fans admit this series is cliché - they are in for the entertainment mostly, not the plot (plot? what plot lol) per se. So chill, dude.

About the third season - it is likely that it will be solved through an OVA/movie. Otherwise, we'll probably have to wait until 2017 or 2018 for new material. Chances are high it will not have a third season.
Dec 27, 2015 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
I hope not.
Please spare us.
Dec 27, 2015 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
Season 3, need more of that action and tension, though near the end it felt a bit confusing and rushed without explanation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2015 3:46 PM
Jul 2015
There is a Big possibility of a 2 season (because this 1 season was split into cours)
or a 3 cour.
I don't know we just need to wait and see.
Dec 27, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2014
Soo.. Was it an anime original ending or canon?
If so, could anyone tell me if there's a continuation and do i read from the beginning?

I really wish Krul would've gotten more screen time.. But she's supposedly dead in ep 12. :l

Also might as well add,. Manga/LN or Anime? As anime only viewer 50% of what happened during second half of the second cour I did not understand.. not to mention plot holes.
Dec 27, 2015 5:55 PM
Mar 2014
you guys shouldn't ask for a new season this early..

you know the last episode half of it was the latest manga chapter if they really do plan on a season 3 then that means the next manga chapter that will be released will be the last half of this last episode.

which means there is no material to adapt for another season not until 2-3 years later..so yes if owari no seraph will really have a new season then we will all wait for 2-3 years for it to have enough material since it is a monthly manga(which is kinda made me laugh out loud when i saw someone posting that owari has plenty of materials maybe he came from the future or something??)

the novel one is more like a (prequel) to the original one so i won't really count it as a material for the original(manga)..so if they gonna adopt it i won't really call it as a new season but a prequel for the original.
Dec 27, 2015 6:00 PM

Jun 2012
SukiMikasa said:
thebrentinator24 said:

yea but they also didn't have 2nd seasons , Owari did.

Not quite that, Owari was supposed to be one season with two cours like Mahouka, they just split it to gain more time, so that it wouldn't end with an original ending(glad they did it), so the especulation is back to square one on that regard.
SnaitaDec 27, 2015 6:02 PM
Dec 28, 2015 12:02 AM

Apr 2014
VonSeckendorff said:
EnPhyX said:

I mean no offense and I don't want to be petty, indeed people are allowed to have different opinions, but c'mon... Not even YOU know what is happening. Vampires, angels, trumpets, demons... Pointless, unexplained symbolism. Are you really going to defend 'The King of Salt', too?

Even devoted OnS fans admit this series is cliché - they are in for the entertainment mostly, not the plot (plot? what plot lol) per se. So chill, dude.

About the third season - it is likely that it will be solved through an OVA/movie. Otherwise, we'll probably have to wait until 2017 or 2018 for new material. Chances are high it will not have a third season.

Well thats what makes this interesting because you dont even know what is happening but anyway leave it like that :D
Dec 29, 2015 2:32 AM
Nov 2011
I need season 3 how can people even live on with no closure i'm gooing crazy
Dec 29, 2015 4:40 AM

May 2009
JoelAndersson said:
I need season 3 how can people even live on with no closure i'm gooing crazy

You can always read manga.

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.