Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 7, 2018 3:52 PM

Aug 2015
In the end, Oppai is always the correct answer.
Sep 20, 2018 2:18 AM

May 2018
Another great episode. Oh, I hate Ougi so much...

5/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Dec 21, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2012
Man, they literally go out of their way every time to write Hanekawa into the story...and every time they do it the story instantly becomes meh again.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 29, 2019 11:57 PM

Dec 2016
That Hanekawa vs Ougi standoff was pretty intense
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 30, 2019 8:33 PM
Apr 2016
Hopefully the threat Hanekawa is sensing from Ougi is as surreal as she makes it seem, I'm with Hanekawa, Ougi is straight up inducing unbearably uncomfortable vibes.
May 23, 2019 9:03 AM

Dec 2018
Araragi is too dumb to be manipulated. Like how he was fooled by Ougi suddenly bringing up about nonsense things that Araragi supposed to do.

Finally, someone suspect Ougi.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 10, 2019 4:22 AM

Jun 2017
Lol, "If you choose to come with me, I promise to let you fondle my breasts" -Hanekawa, of course that's a checkmate for Araragi. On a more serious note though, Hanekawa seems wary of Ougi for some reason, we'll find that out on a later date though.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 31, 2020 10:23 AM

Nov 2018
Another proof that being perfect students and people who are good at studying doesn't mean being smart.Hanekawa is extremely educated, but Ougi is way smarter.
I hate everyone equally
Aug 24, 2020 2:23 PM

Aug 2020

Caramba! Hanekawa sabe, ela sabe! Esse episódio em particular me deixou com muito medo da Ougi (Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo Medo). Quanto mais tempo passa mais ousada ela se torna, me parece que dessa vez as heroínas que vão ter que salvar nosso protagonista inocente.

"I don't know anything, Araragi-senpai. You're the one who knows."
Ougi é um fruto da imaginação do Araragi que se materializou como uma Kai'i!
Até queria, mas isso não explica a sua aparição em Hanamonogatari... mas o mistério segue!

//

Damn it! Hanekawa knows, she knows! This particular episode made me very afraid of Ougi (Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary Scary). The more time goes by the more daring she becomes, it seems to me that this time the heroines who will have to save our innocent protagonist.

"I don't know anything, Araragi-senpai. You're the one who knows."
Ougi is a fruit of Araragi's imagination that materialized as a Kai'i!
Wanted to, but that doesn't explain his appearance in Hanamonogatari... but the mystery continues!

(I'm sorry for my English ("completely fluent" btw), I'm not good at writing.)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 18, 2020 7:12 PM

Jun 2020
So this is another arc there's a lot of Araragi and Ougi talking it seems like that Hanekawa has a taken a suspicious on Ougi I don't know why it's probably because she is trying to manipulate I guess?

It was a decent episode I really want to know what's really going to happen next.
Oct 2, 2020 2:43 AM
Mar 2018
goddamn i muttered to myself "you can touch my boobies" as a joke before hanekawa actually said that lmaooo

also ougi u weird fuck. what do you want lmao. in ss, you said you want things to "be proper" but wtf man u so strange man. this is the first ep we see her gloved hands lol. she is so weird man
Oct 26, 2020 8:07 PM

Apr 2019
I'm glad that Hanekawa is also suspicious of Ougi, felt very relieved when Koyomi chose to go with her over Ougi.

And damn Koyomi, buddy really believed Ougi's rubbish about the non-revolving sushi. Good thing Hanekawa's around to help him.

arcticmontysOct 26, 2020 8:10 PM
Nov 1, 2020 1:44 PM
Apr 2017
Most boring Monogatari episode so far. Terrible. 2/10. I would rather watch Bleach fillers than that episode again.
Apr 3, 2021 8:06 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode! I knew the boobs offer were coming, but it still fucking killed me when she actually did it lmao, that was hilarious.

Ougi is becoming more and more interesting by the second, Hanekawa is right to be suspicious of her. I wonder why Araragi is so submissive to Ougi, but of course boobs can break such submissiveness, ehem... I mean Hanekawa offering such must mean it's very important to not go with Ougi, yes, not just boobs.

Ougi vs Hanekawa was so intense though, the who knows everything Araragi knows vs the one who only knows what she knows, very interesting battle.

Sodachi's VA is so good, you can hear the hatred so well. That new OP was awesome as well, that 2 Sodachi's kissing and then combining into one was so good.
Jun 7, 2021 1:13 PM

Feb 2020
Once again, there are so many things to say about this episode, I don't know where to start...

First of all, I must be as dumb as Araragi, because despite perfectly knowing that Ougi isn't trustworthy, I felt bad when I saw her all alone after Araragi ditched her.
And speaking of that scene, Araragi seems to finally question his "kawaii" junior's actions, even if he still seems to trust her, he at least takes Hanekawa's suspicions in consideration. But now things might become very dangerous for him, because between his obligatory confrontation with Oikura and the fact that Ougi didn't look pleased after he left her for Hanekawa, he most will have to deal with not just one, but two crazy girls and that's scary. I at least hope Senjougahara is in a good mood or else he can already dig his grave and lay inside it without even bothering starting an argument.

Now, before talking about the Hanekwwa/Ougi confrontation because there's a LOT to take from it, it's obviously important to mention Oikura. So as I thought, Araragi and her know each other from childhood and as expected, he forgot about her because she wasn't important to him, it's as simple as that. Well, that's why he forgot her the next time after all, in the end it's not her who was important to him, but what she taught him. And of course she cannot believe that he could even imagine she forgot about him but he didn't see it that way. Yep, he's right, he's cold. Very cold. After all it also seems that it is why he didn't think about why her house seemed so desolated and didn't notice her cry for help, because he wasn't paying attention to her, only to what she was teaching him. In a way, this is very different from how we know him since he always helps others without thinking twice (as see with what he said about Ougi, thinking he has to teach her and save her from I don't know what), but at the same time for some reason it doesn't sound surprising at all and actually, it seemed perfectly in character for him to be so innocently insensitive. As we know his savior complex comes from his strong sense of justice, but that's the thing : isn't it actually very shallow ?

I wonder what Nadeko has to do with this whole story. How come she knows Oikura ? At first I thought that was because they knew each other from school or something but then I remembered Oikura is Araragi's age. What's also surprising regarding Nadeko's involvement is that along with her beloved senpai, she is one of the two characters we know to have fallen into Ougi's trap. Are both arcs actually connected ? I never would've thought about it but now I'm having my doubts. And now that I think about it, is Nadeko Medusa supposed to take place before or after Sodachi Riddle/Lost ? Considering that Shinobu Time, which occured before Ougi's transfer, apparently takes place after Nadeko Medusa, it seems perfectly logical that Nadeko Medusa takes place before the Sodachi arcs but Ougi not only appears in the Nadeko arc, but wears the uniform from Araragi's school and tells Nadeko she is from said school so... Wait. Waitwaitwait I forgot about that but in that scene, she said something about timelines, like she got mixed up or something which is why she thought Nadeko knew about her, and now in this episode she told Araragi he invited her to a sushi restaurant yet it is at the end of the episode that he considers inviting her. Could it be... SHE'S TIME-TRAVELING ? But she might also simply be very sneaky and influence people through making them believe they said/knew something they did not... But it could explain what she was doing in Nadeko Medusa ! Not to mention if the Darkness theory is true then that means she was there centuries ago, which gives even more weight to the time travel theory ! And look, even when I'm not initially talking about Ougi, I then realize she's connected to the character/plot point I'm mentionning, is she at the center of everything or what ?! Okay this show is driving me crazy. My brain's gonna explode.

Buuuut it's not over ! I said I wanted to talk about the Hanekawa/Ougi confrontation. Now Ougi isn't even trying to hide her true face anymore, she is totally manipulating Araragi, and even attempted to do the same with Hanekawa. It's a great thing to see Araragi still has more faith in Hanekawa after all (though I'm really scared to see what will be Ougi's reaction to having lost her victim to a pair of boobs), but it took Hanekawa to risk her dignity for him to finally react, which shows how deep Ougi's influence is on him. And actually, it is said influence that probably explains Ougi's sudden shift in behaviour, as being so much less discrete with her manipulation. She knows she's got power over him and can stop playing around, or so she thought at least (but she was so close to win the argument, that was scary, even more when you think about how Araragi chose Hanekawa not because he doesn't trust Ougi but because he trusts Hanekawa slightly more). And I'm joking with the boob thing but really, I'm worried for Araragi. Ougi's been ditched so brutally when she thought she had won, that certainly won't be to her liking. And the single fact that this is the first time we see her without her smile is enough for me to believe she is a serious threat now, though Araragi inviting her might change that.
Now, it's also great how Hanekawa is smart enough to see how suspicious Ougi is and managed to save Araragi from her. Ougi clearly underestimated her, Hanekawa indeed is talented and perfectly knows what she is doing and why at this precise moment, she chose Araragi over her chat with Senjougahara. And I must say, I am very proud of Hanekawa's resolve here. Considering how emotionally manipulative Ougi was, it's admirable how she didn't hesitate once and answered perfectly each time. And actually, this shows what is Ougi's biggest weakness : her manipulation only works on fragile people in need of someone to guide them. Hanekawa might would've fallen into her trap back in Bakemonogatari, but as she is now she obviously is confident enough not to fall for it, which isn't Araragi's case, hence how Ougi managed to get him (the same goes for Nadeko). I really wonder how things will evolve now that Hanekawa is here to protect Araragi from Ougi's manipulation. And taht's the thing though, is she really protecting him ? Because if Ougi's intentions are truly bad, then of course she is, but if it is more complicated than that, she might be accidentally messing with something very big. After all, we know Ougi isn't sincere, but we still don't know why she is doing all this.

And wait a second, Araragi and Ougi seemed to be in good terms at the end of Shinobu Time and in Tsukimonogatari, considering that Ougi's facade is starting to fall apart, this is very surprising, I really wonder what it is hiding.

And finally, I just wanted to say that I'm glad Oikura and Araragi will have a talk next episode. I really like what we've seen of her, so it's a shame that so far, she only appeared in two episodes despite having six episodes dedicated to her.

Oh wait, just one thing, I totally forgot to mention one important detail : Ougi made a serious mistake in this episode. She could've tried to manipulate Hanekawa into seeing her as a friend, but instead she decided to be the rival. It obviously made Hanekawa's suspicions grow, and this detail shows once again that Ougi's main issue in this argument, which ultimately made her lose, is that she underestimated Hanekawa. She thought she was like Araragi and so could easily be shaken, which made her drop her guard and dive right into Hanekawa's own little trap. And I don't know if it's just me, considering that her attitude never changes, but I really felt like she was getting nervous during the argument, something about the words she used and her different attempts to destabilize Hanekawa, as well as the mistake I mentionned above, made it look, at least to me, like she deep down knew there was a serious risk she would lose. I could very well be totally wrong but I thought it was interesting.

Edit : I just realized Nadeko Medusa obviously takes place after this arc since Araragi got to talk to Nadeko, so there's no time travel whatsoever, it's just that Second Season isn't in chronological order. I mean, there could still be some sort of time travel/time manipulation considering what Ougi said about timelines and once again the theory about her being related to the Darkness thing, but her being able to interact with Nadeko isn't at all an hint, it's just totally normal and I feel stupid.
FafetteJun 9, 2021 11:36 PM
Sep 5, 2021 4:45 AM
Aug 2021
Ougi's being even more creepy and suspicious with each episode so Hanekawa has every right to suspect her of manipulating Araragi.
The oppai-offer was hilarious. Araragi didn't choose to visit Oikura with Hanekawa because of that offer. Ougi was left behind but I didn't feel bad for her one bit because she can't really be trusted as her true intentions are unknown.
Apr 15, 2022 1:11 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok yeah that lasted a little too long. I wish Araragi would've just ditched them both from the start and just went. At least Hanekawa put an end to it before it got drawn out for far too long. And with the boob card no less. Exquisite

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 20, 2022 7:55 AM

Jan 2015
As episodes have been going by, I've been thinking of Ougi as untrustworthy, that's been the go to word to describe her in my mind, but after watching this episode, Kangaroo Girl is pure creepy, that's the word. She's, really fuckin' creepy, amazing but I hate her, haha. Not fully, but like, ah, what a character.
Zeando said:
wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be an apparition linked to araragi, something like a ghost of his need to have a guide like person like meme
Wow, that's a really solid theory. But, I do think it's a lot of red herrings. Also considering how she's hanging about even not with Araragi, but with Kanbaru, in the future. Still, I like the idea.

Ahh fuck.

Spending a whole lot of time alongside best living girl, you know I loved this episode.

Whole season has been doing some very subtle shots like this, quickly going by, this one is very on the nose though, but the closer we're getting to the character, the more sense it makes for it really diving in.

Beautiful shot. Hilarious inner monologue, as well. Justified but the way it's worded, pfffft. "Should I visit my girlfriend? Should I visit my mortal enemy? After some deliberation over this extraordinary decision, I chose the latter."

Here in particular is where I realized creepy is the word I'll use to describe Ougi.

[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/961971037665366076/977205639610761226/unknown.png[IMG]
Funny as this scene's execution is, it really shows how well Ougi's able to dig into Araragi's brain, fuck.

Nice.

Kind of funny seeing shots like this, reminds you she's smaller when she really has a much bigger, overpowering presence when with him.

Hanekawa is the true hero of this season, I feel it.

Oooooooh!

Best (living) girl being best (living) girl, let's go!

Araragi melting under such pressure, bahahaha.
This episode had many feelings in its run but a whole lot of laughter, for sure.

If anyone is confused as to why I call her Kangaroo Girl.

Hanekawa continues being super relatable for me. I feel how Hanekawa feels in this situation, have been since before she was involved in the arc, whenever there's these scenes of Araragi talking with Ougi.

Horrifying.

Ahh, I love her, this scene looked amazing.

Some classic Araragi pop art.

Depending on how her role in this arc will continue playing out, I might make one of these screenshots my new wallpaper, love this character.

Wow, really loved the imagery which kept building up through the minutes of traffic filling, like the pressure of reaching the destination getting stronger, awesome how it culminated in this decision scene. Some classic Araragi hair question mark as well.
Also, I knew when the lights were changing, what Hanekawa was readying as a suggestion, hahaha, laughed heaps when Araragi chose to go with her, knew he would, of course.
But then.

Honestly super in character and smart on both sides. The fact this really funny scene actually had this thought behind the character decisions, this show's writing always fascinates me, really brilliant stuff.

Araragi, don't feel bad, man. I do get it, she's fuckin', iunno, but stop letting her invade your mind or feelings.

Lovely shot, funny scene. Such cold words should be expected, haha.

Has something subtly changed in Araragi's design or something? Or do I just view him in a different light after all of these seasons, seeing him as more mature? Hard to say. I feel he's drawn differently, probably simply the effect of passing time.
Either way, Araragi is great, he's honestly one of my favourite anime protagonists.
I forgot to say in the last episode's discussion, really like this ending though, already starting to understand the ending theme's lyrics, now with five years back in mind, pretty powerful stuff.
Also, amazing new opening, every opening in this season has been incredible.
Even more I could talk about this episode, loved it the whole way through. Arc is amazing already with this season shaping up to be one of my favourites. Watching it has really made me properly think. Saw some discussion regarding visuals on the first page, wonder if discussion there was simply cause of the television airing having less polish? Cause so far, every episode in this season has been top stuff with visuals and composition. Music has been godlike. Overall quality is unbelievably good.
Monogatari has made me properly think, not, "what does this mean?" but, on my own life. Excited for Owarimonogatari in particular to keep it going, has been amazingly paced so far.
Sep 20, 2022 9:39 PM
Oct 2020
This arc continues to be surprisingly engaging, even when it's mostly dialogue with not much real action. At some point I need to go back and compare the earlier episodes from a visual perspective. It just seems like there's more detail in both the characters and the backgrounds that keeps the eye and mind occupied. And of course there are the trademark Monogatari sensual glimpses. The flip of the skirt that shows just enough with the promise of more. Ougi's body language when she's talking to Araragi, pressing against his chest and touching his lips. Slow motion close ups of the girls titling their heads with flowing hair, sparkling eyes. I guess these are all examples of thirst traps in a sense? Visual tricks to keep me watching, wondering. I could analyze it all day, but in the end it doesn't matter: I'll fall for it. Every. Single. Time.
Mar 27, 2023 7:47 AM

Nov 2010
Screw math! I'd make love to her instead if I were Araragi.
"Don't ask for my name. Just ask about math." Christ, most females in this show are so complicated beyond belief. All they need in the end is a nice hard D up their ass.
That's all the reason she hates him? I hope there's something more because if that's the case, Oikura is one heck of a loco.
Dec 10, 2023 5:01 PM

Nov 2023
Koyomi didnt just choose Hanekawa for her oppai fondlings :skull
Apr 4, 5:14 PM

May 2021
Well, this episode shows how much Ougi's gaslighting(I thought I was imagining things) Arararagi. She's not even twisting something already present, she's just straight-up making up things as she goes, like the sushi date. And he's somehow falling for it. I doubt she's human, maybe a special sort of apparition.

Good thing Hanekawa the saviour was there. The "I will let you touch my oppai" card is far too OP. But she's too good. I fear something might happen.

May 14, 7:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
New arc, new OP, it’s another one for Oikura and it’s another absolute jam with some neat visuals, not as psychedelic this time but still very cool, she even made out with herself lol. And this episode was quite entertaining with Ougi and Hanekawa having a battle of the brains with Araragi looking like a lost child in the middle lol, there were some very cool backgrounds in this scene to match the vibe. And it ultimately came down to the two of them making Araragi choose, Ougi made good points but Hanekawa has the biggest points of all, being here booba lol, I know Araragi mentioned it wasn’t necessarily because of her boobs directly but it’s still definitely her boobs.

And Ougi was a bit spookier in this one, it’s becoming more and more apparent that shit ain’t right when she’s around and Hanekawa has picked up on that, I especially liked that closeup of Ougi when she touched Araragi, I want more of that. And wow Ougi has hands under those sleeves, and she’s wearing gloves it looks like, the sleeves and gloves combo for extra protection I suppose. I look forward to these next two episodes as I’m not sure if Oikura ever gets focus again after this arc so I’m hoping they can make me like her more in that time.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

186 by TheColonel76 »»
May 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

121 by TheColonel76 »»
May 21, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.