Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2015 8:47 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense episode, felt like one of the last episodes. But it's too soon for that, we got 35 more episodes left! Nice plan capturing Kouji, obviously Baron Ashura messed up everything once again by getting overconfident and wanting to compete with Count Brocken.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 3, 2015 5:02 PM

Jun 2010
The enemy robot's head was vulnerable because it wasn't made of Super Alloy...which is why it had a helmet made of Super Alloy? This doesn't make very much sense.

This episode did a good job of making Dr. Hell seem like a dangerous opponent. He seemed to have everything totally under control until Ashura's foul-up.

The fight between Aphrodite and Borot and the enemy robot was hilarious. While they're kind of useless and pretty useless, respectively, they do always give their damnedest even though they keep failing. In a way they have a courage that haughty Koji doesn't, especially with his self-pity in the beginning of this episode. They're also way more likable. Watching them wreck the Iron Masks and Cross was way more satisfying than watching Mazinger Z win for this reason.
Aug 15, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2010
I got hyped as fuck when Dr. Hell finally took the reins heading into his first battle that we've seen atleast and the downfall was not on his own accord but how Baron messed up otherwise he would have successfully taken over the institute. This episode felt like a climax but nope we have a decent amount left, now I wonder how the actual last episode will play it given the episodic nature of this show.

Also as Professor Yumi said, Sayaka and Boss were the real heroes of this episode, they kicked ass together.
Sep 19, 2016 9:13 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bye, bye Balmos Q7!!!

Dr. Inferno should send away to Ashura, he is not more stupid because don´t training!!!!
Mar 12, 2018 12:14 PM

Nov 2011
I would have expected a more compelling episode regarding the fight between Mazinga and the mechanical monster, instead it was faster than usual the defeat of the enemy, compared to other times. What never changes is the joking atmosphere that is felt in the narration, thanks to Sayaka and Boss, but also to Koji. It's embarrassing how every time Koji falls into the traps of Dr. Hell. This was the first time I see Dr. Hell risking his life seriously.
Mar 1, 2021 6:50 PM

Nov 2015
heh dr. yumi almost shot himself in the head

💢

Nov 25, 2023 11:58 AM
Sep 2022
Pretty great episode aside from glaring continuity errors. One was, Koji had plenty of room and time to react for in order to escape when Dr. Hell released a magnetic net to trap him. Why didn't he react? Also, when escaping from Baron Ashura's underwater base, it shows one scene of Boss drowning and needing help getting out, then cut to a close up of Koji responding, and cutting back to Boss in his Boss Borot without letting the audience know how he got back in. What the fuck? Anyway, solid episode. 9/10
May 7, 3:53 AM

Mar 2020
I know this show is episodic so the status quo has to get reset at the end of every episode or in an episode or two, but it was disappointing that this wasn't the climax it could have been - at least kill off one of Dr Hell's minions or something. Also, it was nice to have an episode where Boss and Sayakagot some focus, I agree that they feel more likeable than Kouji - not that it's hard to be so considering the stick he has up his ass.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 66 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 10, 2015

5 by Epiccgaymer »»
May 8, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 64 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 10, 2015

4 by Epiccgaymer »»
May 8, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 61 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 9, 2015

8 by Epiccgaymer »»
May 7, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 58 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 9, 2015

5 by Epiccgaymer »»
May 7, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Mazinger Z Episode 2 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Jun 3, 2015

10 by Slorglord »»
Mar 2, 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.