Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2015 12:53 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Truly a powerful chapter. The "training" obviously meant sex, then showing her a side that may contradict her opinions of how ruthless he is, causing her to believe Oulu's more benevolent than he actually is. Hook, line, and sinker. This is augmented by the fact that she's been ousted by the people she thought she could relate to, making Oulu the only person who "cares" for her. A well-developed change for Yunis.
May 26, 2015 3:45 PM

Apr 2008
From the previous chapter, he has been genre savvy enough to know about Hero's plot armour and try his best to make a round through it.
No matter what mind control he put, the universe will conspire to let her free from it anyway. Even if he tried killing her, it will likely fail in one way or another (no corpse found, disturbed by outside factor, hidden protective charm, bad timing, remembering your comrades and sudden power up, etc.)

He had Lilu doing the PR service for him.
XD

There's still some flaws that the plot armor can use though (he's deceiving you! A hero who is Yunis' old acquaintance exposed the lie and wake her up with power of love), but lets hope that doesn't happen.

Now since Yunis has declared her love to him, maybe Owl will be more busy now. She seems to be quite a high maintenance cost girl that require lots of attention.
nseikaMay 27, 2015 12:43 AM
May 28, 2015 7:26 PM
Feb 2015
Another great chapter!
Too bad it will be a while until the next one
*sigh

About this chapter
I thought hypnosis and mind-control fall pretty much in the same category
But for some reason hypnosis is more effective against a hero?
May 28, 2015 9:42 PM
Jan 2014
For those that don't have a clue what went on, here's a brief summary from the light novel

While she was in a state of excitement (twice, first time she was being touched by the demon, second time after she lost her first time) , she was more prone to hypnotism due to not thinking clear. At that moment he used hypnotism to make her believe he was a kind person by making her link people who treat her well = good person, and people who sin = deserves to be punished. Thus when he made her pain go away during rape, she linked him with good person, when he protected her with from the stone, once again it reinforced him as a good person.

Next the part about sin/guilt and bad person deserving to be punished, he linked her actions of attacking him as a sin, thus the punishment was being raped by him. He linked the villagers sin of making him out to be evil as something worth punishing for. At that point she almost killed the villains, but he killed them instead as a punishment, not as a evil act in her mind. And at the same time he protected her hands from being stained by killing defenseless villagers, thus once again enforcing him as a good person.

At the very end where you see them on the bed again, it was after the second hypnotism where he was explaining to the demon how it all worked.
May 28, 2015 10:22 PM

Apr 2008
Nourdon said:
About this chapter
I thought hypnosis and mind-control fall pretty much in the same category
But for some reason hypnosis is more effective against a hero?
Hypnosis is more subtle.

Mind control is using magic to force someone to think as the wizard wishes. For example, you can tell someone to kill themselves with mind control, and anything against their will.
The hero's plot armor will either reject the mind control, or let her free eventually if that mind control tries to make Yunis stray from her way (plot of the story) such as by becoming slave of the dark lord.

Hypnosis is more subtle. It can't force someone against their will. But at the same time, it doesn't trigger the plot armor because it's not "forcing" her.
It uses more subtle way. Owl presented Yunis with things that are common sense (sinner deserve punishment, someone who treat you well is a good person) and reinforcing it in way that benefits him.
Without ability to judge situation clearly, Yunis can only consider the values that Owl presented to her and not the bigger picture. Like, someone who treat us nice is a good person, but can we say so if we also know he turned a whole village into ash for trying to gain their independence from the dark lord who demanded tribute from them ? But Yunis can only see the first half and find nothing wrong with the logic, thus she accepted it.

Mind control = you will be drafted into the Dark Lord's army! (pull)
Hypnosis = join the Dark Lord's army, we fight for the right cause! (invite)

CMIIW
May 28, 2015 11:21 PM
Feb 2015
Thanks for the explanation
After reading it again, it makes more sense
May 28, 2015 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
God, seeing a heroine fall like that is sad. ;(
As a hero loving fan this made me sad.
May 29, 2015 12:46 PM

Oct 2012
HavocParker said:
For those that don't have a clue what went on, here's a brief summary from the light novel

While she was in a state of excitement (twice, first time she was being touched by the demon, second time after she lost her first time) , she was more prone to hypnotism due to not thinking clear. At that moment he used hypnotism to make her believe he was a kind person by making her link people who treat her well = good person, and people who sin = deserves to be punished. Thus when he made her pain go away during rape, she linked him with good person, when he protected her with from the stone, once again it reinforced him as a good person.

Next the part about sin/guilt and bad person deserving to be punished, he linked her actions of attacking him as a sin, thus the punishment was being raped by him. He linked the villagers sin of making him out to be evil as something worth punishing for. At that point she almost killed the villains, but he killed them instead as a punishment, not as a evil act in her mind. And at the same time he protected her hands from being stained by killing defenseless villagers, thus once again enforcing him as a good person.

At the very end where you see them on the bed again, it was after the second hypnotism where he was explaining to the demon how it all worked.

thanks for the summary. I wasn't sure if the scene of Aur explaining how hypnotism work was a flash back or a time skip. At first I thought it was the present because of the blood on the sheet scene, and everything that happen afterword was going on in the heroine's head. Now I see that it was a one page flash back explaining how the hypnotism work, then the next page being the current event after the pledge.
May 29, 2015 9:06 PM
Feb 2015
I want to ask another question
Did the mc being good to the village that don't oppose him a one-time thing for decepting the hero or did he actually give "blessing" continuously as long as the village give tribute?
May 29, 2015 9:15 PM
Mar 2012
Nourdon said:
Did the mc being good to the village that don't oppose him a one-time thing for decepting the hero or did he actually give "blessing" continuously as long as the village give tribute?
As long as they have a purpose, he will do them no harm. If they are a nuisance or their eradication proves to be beneficial as seen in this chapter, he won't hesitate killing them.
May 29, 2015 9:44 PM
Feb 2015
LastChapter said:
Nourdon said:
As long as they have a purpose, he will do them no harm. If they are a nuisance or their eradication proves to be beneficial as seen in this chapter, he won't hesitate killing them.

Well, there is a difference between bringing no harm (leaving them alone), and actually supporting (protection, medicine, etc)
Jul 9, 2015 2:57 AM

May 2014
I love how Oulu changed Yunis' perspecteve of world so flawlessly >:D
Jul 24, 2015 12:45 AM

Mar 2013
An impressive Chapter. Good explanations by the above posters, juxtaposing some of the expanded information (presumably) contained in the LN to properly reinforce and understand the sequence of events.

I do like the "lawful evil" character of the Sorcerer Aur. Still a bit saddened to see the virgin hero hypnotized and swayed to the status of a "Fallen Hero". On the other hand it was pretty hot, and certainly very interesting.

5/5, manga continues to be a 10/10
Jul 24, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2014
This MC really has his way with girls~
Sep 30, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
A very devious mc. >:D

& he got a babe because of that.
Oct 31, 2015 12:23 AM

Oct 2013
Aur is truly quite the manipulative bastard. I didn't even realize there was something wrong because I didn't see any flaws in his logic, haha.

Yunis is already quite likeable.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 8, 2016 8:21 PM

Sep 2013
Aur's mentality must still be that of an old man, no fun and a dictator.
Yuris is cool, but so tragic :'(
Sep 5, 2018 3:44 PM

Dec 2015
Well, that was interesting, I guess...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou no Hajimekata the Comic Chapter 59 Discussion

TheSelleri - Sep 10

0 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Maou no Hajimekata the Comic Chapter 50 Discussion

TheSelleri - Sep 10

0 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 10, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Maou no Hajimekata: The Comic Chapter 21 Discussion

joe_g7 - Sep 7, 2018

1 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Sep 29, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Maou no Hajimekata the Comic Chapter 56 Discussion

CrazyButNot4U - Jul 24, 2023

0 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Maou no Hajimekata: The Comic Chapter 27 Discussion

testamentKAISER - Sep 3, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Feb 10, 2023 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.