Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 2015 8:40 PM

Aug 2009
Syrup- said:
Like seriously though how is this any different from Battlefield in space?

So?
Apr 21, 2015 9:32 PM

Apr 2015
Jennicide said:
Syrup- said:

So?

Nobody ever said battlefield was bad ^-^
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Apr 21, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
Syrup- said:

Hopefully it will be different in the fact that it won't be released as a horrible glitch-fest.
Apr 21, 2015 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
Jennicide said:
Syrup- said:

So?
Well just saying I'm not really sure they needed to take Star Wars' name in an attempt to do this. Their removals and their stance on the game proves that it's just going to be the same thing, just in space. lol

As for glitches, some of the funnest things were the glitches in #2 lol, Droideka were so glitchy lmao
Apr 21, 2015 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
Syrup- said:
Jennicide said:

So?
Well just saying I'm not really sure they needed to take Star Wars' name in an attempt to do this. Their removals and their stance on the game proves that it's just going to be the same thing, just in space. lol

As for glitches, some of the funnest things were the glitches in #2 lol, Droideka were so glitchy lmao

I think only Bethesda surpasses them on the "broken release full of bugs and glitches" aspect.
Apr 21, 2015 10:05 PM

Feb 2005
>EA
>DICE
>No space battles
>No seamless transition from planet to space
>No space battles

I don't give a shit about the Clone war BS, but holy fuck this right here is a fucking death sentence. What a fucking sad farce, removing all that made this shit fun in the first place and just turning it into a SW mod for Battlefield.

Here Lies Star Wars Battlefield:
Apr 21, 2015 10:51 PM

Aug 2013
Apr 21, 2015 11:07 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Hoping for a good game, gonna preorder it at some point for ps4 but gonna wait to see if they do some collectors edition or something

November so far away and releases halfway through my eoy exams :(
Apr 22, 2015 1:04 AM

Jul 2013
Too bad the game isn't going to look that good.
Personally I never even touched battlefront's campaign so there not being one isn't something that I care about. I was however worried about the gameplay and what not would be boring, which still hasn't been disproven. And now it turns out there is no space battles either... I hope they at the very least release some expansion pack for that...

Inb4 Darth Vader being pre-order content and it being another one of those always online games :/
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 22, 2015 1:16 AM

Jan 2011
Baman said:
>EA
>DICE
>No space battles
>No space battles

I don't give a shit about the Clone war BS, but holy fuck this right here is a fucking death sentence. What a fucking sad farce, removing all that made this shit fun in the first place and just turning it into a SW mod for Battlefield.

Lol. I agree with that.
Apr 22, 2015 2:04 AM

Feb 2005
Well, it sure looks great from the info we've heard.

Oh and they even did us the favour of turning the ATATs into on-rails turret shooting, hands free stomping, now that's what I call progress.
Apr 22, 2015 2:16 AM

Jul 2013
Baman said:

Oh and they even did us the favour of turning the ATATs into on-rails turret shooting, hands free stomping, now that's what I call progress.

It sure is a shame. I just hope that this isn't the road that AAA games are moving towards... (though I highly doubt that they're not)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 22, 2015 2:21 AM

Jan 2014
Baman said:

So like the AC 130 in Battlefield? Now that'd just suck.
Apr 22, 2015 5:09 AM

Feb 2005
FunnyStory said:
So like the AC 130 in Battlefield? Now that'd just suck.

Remember, full freedom doesn't always equal fun :^)

Look forward to the revolutionary Battlefield 5, expertly honed to exciting and inclusive fun for newcomers and fans alike, where all you have to do is aim and fire as your character automatically moves across the battlefield just like a real elite soldier! War has never been this fun!
Apr 22, 2015 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
Baman said:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/TeVCdYF.png[/ img]
Remember, full freedom doesn't always equal fun :^)

Look forward to the revolutionary Battlefield 5, expertly honed to exciting and inclusive fun for newcomers and fans alike, where all you have to do is aim and fire as your character automatically moves across the battlefield just like a real elite soldier! War has never been this fun!

Yup, that's nearly as good an excuse as "30 fps is the way to go because cinematic feel ftw", hahah :^).

Thanks for linking the source.
Apr 22, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
Baman said:

Well isn't that great?

Now I have more like -10 reasons to buy it.
Apr 22, 2015 10:04 AM

Oct 2013
don't worry guys, we just have to wait another decade for someone to try again!!

Apr 23, 2015 3:05 AM

Aug 2013
This isn't 2004 graphics aren't made from cereal boxes and im sure they considered having both space and AT-AT but it was probably a times scale issue for space development considering the game is pushed for release alongside the movie and an implementation issue with the AT-AT considering how the maps are designed and game breaking having a player controlled AT-AT would be stomping round said map and no having it work in the old game doesn't mean its going to work now. I doubt they left it out just to insult potential buyers if they left it out they left it out for a reason. Although I have no doubt post release when they have more time they will implement some kind of AT-AT mode probably on a larger map and yes it will be DLC.

I have a completely useless college diploma and university degree in video games so I no wut i talk about.

I'll take battlefield battlefront over no battlefront.

SpooksApr 23, 2015 3:18 AM
Apr 23, 2015 4:24 AM

Jan 2013
Spooky_Love said:
How about eating shit instead of actual food? Would you do that? Fuck off Spooks.

Baman said:

I'm about to just up and pretend it just doesn't exist, like the shitty new movie that's coming out. (lolpinions on the last part I guess)

Baman said:
again ...why the fuck are these people in charge?
FUCK
Next they're going to say "no no! Jedi are only allowed to be seen on the battlefield, like some sort of war hero!" "Jedi were considered too overpowered in the last game, and people abused them, so we can't really advise putting them in the game unless the AI controls them!"

edit:
new graph: http://i.imgur.com/bYp0g77.jpg
still taking this game with half a grain of salt. Almost certainly not even going to buy this until I play it.
Syrup-Apr 23, 2015 1:57 PM
Apr 23, 2015 4:42 AM

Aug 2013
Syrup- said:
Spooky_Love said:
How about eating shit instead of actual food? Would you do that? Fuck off Spooks.

Someones on their period today.

Tyrantarmy6 said:

Personally I never even touched battlefront's campaign so there not being one isn't something that I care about.

It had a campaign? we just played local multiplayer back then. I still manage to fire up the ol second game thanks to steam now and again.

As for the new game all its problems are not because of the developers but the publishers the time frame for the new star wars game is tiny compared to most AAA titles because of the recent purchase of the Star wars license, Disney handed out the game rights late and placed a short timescale to coincide with the films release. Thats why Dice are making it smaller trying to get a smaller but more focused game made in a short time over, over stretching and ending up unfinished. I have no doubt they will expand the game once the release is done. Theres a massive part of game making that gamers don't even think of and thats the business and licensing side, a games development starts with these before any concept of an actual game is even in place.

So if people want to blame somebody it goes like this:

Disney (the ones pushing the short development cycle) -> EA (the ones happy to force the short development cycle on a developer to make money) -> dice (if you want to be a dick to developers under tight constraints)

I could go further into the evils of EA as a publisher but I won't. just be glad they didn't give the license to the company that makes Call of duty.
SpooksApr 23, 2015 5:15 AM
Apr 26, 2015 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
Good news. The game support singleplayer mode (confirmed).
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/18/8450279/star-wars-battlefront-will-have-offline-singleplayer-wont-use

However it doesn't say anything about a campaign mode...
Apr 26, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2015
it will suck 100%
Apr 26, 2015 10:36 AM

Nov 2012
Baman said:
>EA
>DICE
>No space battles
>No space battles

I could've sworn the Q & A they had on twitter confirmed that there will be battles transitioning from Planet to Space.
Apr 26, 2015 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
This game better give me a battlefront vibe and not battlefield...
Apr 26, 2015 8:17 PM

Jul 2013
Syrup- said:
still taking this game with half a grain of salt. Almost certainly not even going to buy this until I play it.

I applaud your faith. I, for one, am 95% certain of not buying it.
Apr 26, 2015 8:22 PM

Mar 2014
never played a battlefront game, but going by Dice's most recent games I'm expecting a very messy launch filled surg ten tons of bugs that will be patched over a two year period and still be buggy. Cut content as expensive dlc, maybe a season pass and few destructible environments.
Hasn't this game been in development for years, why would there be less content that it's predecessors?
Apr 27, 2015 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
sullynathan said:
but going by Dice's most recent games I'm expecting a very messy launch filled surg ten tons of bugs that will be patched over a two year period and still be buggy.

Blame EA for their scheduling Dice are a good company its EA that forces short development cycles on their developers in fact a little bit of information I picked up during my university years you know EA pushes developers to sometimes finish a month early basically cutting off a whole month of game polishing why? so they can work on day one or future dlc for the game instead.

sullynathan said:

Cut content as expensive dlc, maybe a season pass and few destructible environments.

Developers say no paid dlc planned but free dlc released in December.

sullynathan said:

Hasn't this game been in development for years, why would there be less content that it's predecessors?

Nope it has had far less development time than most AAA titles because Disney bought the rights and handed out the game rights little over a year and a half ago, development of Battlefront is literally no longer than a year in and due to be finished around two month before release so:

EA battlefront - development time: 1 and a half year
Most AAA games - development time: 2-3 years.

Is it any wonder then that they choose to keep it small, im sure had the company had the standard development time they would have had all the features everyone's trying to burn them at the stake for not having. Thats why it always pisses me off when I see people throwing shit fits against like this:

http://i.imgur.com/TeVCdYF.png

Gamers are a bunch of extremely whiny entitled people but never stop to think of the bussiness of making a game. They just think developers sit in a bar all day and shit out a game rubbing their hands going "we've got to have moneyyy" when in reality they are slaves to the publishing company pushing developers way too hard and then they get shit on by gamers for decisions that were out of their hands. Ive heard some absolute horror stories from developers, trust me by the end of my three years I didn't even want to be a games designer anymore.
Apr 28, 2015 1:48 PM

Feb 2005
Syrup- said:
edit:
>Anti EA hipsters
>hate culture
>space maps boring

Jesus what kind of a retard EA shill wrote all that shit.

I'd take a mountain of salt with that if I were you.
sullynathan said:
That was the original Battlefront 3, which looked amazing from the pre-alpha gameplay videos.
This game has, sadly, nothing to do with that.
Apr 28, 2015 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
Baman said:
Syrup- said:
edit:
>Anti EA hipsters
>hate culture
>space maps boring

Jesus what kind of a retard EA shill wrote all that shit.

I'd take a mountain of salt with that if I were you.
nah nah the saying is supposed to imply that it's so small that even a grain of salt would make it too salty. A mountain of salt would imply it's amazing, like a McDonalds Hamburger.

Soul-Master said:
I applaud your faith. I, for one, am 95% certain of not buying it.
YOU'RE SETTING ME UP MAN
https://youtu.be/Zzs-OvfG8tE?t=1m43s

but yeah it's probably a 80% chance I wont buy this game before playing it
Syrup-Apr 28, 2015 3:41 PM
Apr 28, 2015 3:49 PM

Nov 2008
I wasn't that interested in this game anyway. I'm more enthusiastic about the story-driven Star Wars game by the creators of Dead Space. A story with adventure is what I want from Star Wars, not long battles without context. It's being written by a former Naughty Dog writer, so it will probably have cliched characters and dialogue, but what can you do?
Syrup- said:
I'm about to just up and pretend it just doesn't exist, like the shitty new movie that's coming out. (lolpinions on the last part I guess)

What's shitty about it?

Apr 28, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
Ezekiel said:
Syrup- said:

What's shitty about it?
I don't know yet. But anything that's outside of the main three movies is probably a bad thing. Those prequels were nice but rife with inconsistencies.
Apr 28, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2008
Syrup- said:
Ezekiel said:

What's shitty about it?
I don't know yet. But anything that's outside of the main three movies is probably a bad thing. Those prequels were nice but rife with inconsistencies.
I dislike prequels in general. They're often pointless. Obi Wan already told us what happened. The producer of the old movies was right when he said, "I don't like the idea of prequels. They make the filmmakers back in to material they've already covered and it boxes in the story." They made Anakin a bigger character than he ever should have been, glorifying him. In the original trilogy, he was just a commander and then a general, not a prophesized god. A sequel can be its own thing. For the first time, we have a movie that's not about Anakin. Anything can happen to these new characters. That's something that excites me. There is so much that can be done with the Star Wars universe.
EzekielApr 28, 2015 4:22 PM

Apr 28, 2015 4:22 PM
Jan 2015
The new Star Wars has potential because George Lucas isn't going to fuck it up. That's literally the best and most positive aspect of it.
Apr 28, 2015 5:04 PM

Feb 2005
BlueScarf said:
The new Star Wars has potential because George Lucas isn't going to fuck it up. That's literally the best and most positive aspect of it.
Yea, but... Remember why he fucked it up, it was basically to get a happy ending and teddy bears to sell toys.
Now that Disney is in charge I really don't see it ending up any differently.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Wuthering Waves

ashisland - May 20

14 by Said_enough »»
Today, 10:13 AM

» What are you're favourite Pokémon Games?

Pg13_ - Today

9 by Pg13_ »»
Today, 10:06 AM

» Online games in your life

OlliFill - Oct 7, 2021

47 by KayKimii »»
Today, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - May 7

23 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Yesterday, 5:35 PM

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

26 by M2zC »»
Yesterday, 10:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.