Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 26, 2014 12:10 AM

Feb 2013
Mikasa said:
Hand_of_the_King said:

Toriko's timeskip was actually pretty meh,especially considering it was pretty meh and a huge tease........Basically,imagine if [insert epic arc here] never happened and you just got a timeskip and you were told it happened

Though the stuff that followed were pretty awesome

"timeskip was meh but what's after was good"
That makes no sense. It's called a time.. SKIP. You judge a timeskip by what happens after the timeskip because what happened in during the time of the timeskip was... skipped.

K,I'll rephrase that.......How the timeskip came about was kinda weird

For example.....imagine if at the end of the Exam Arc Gon Said he's going to save Killua,the next episode there was a timeskip and Killua's back and they just continue on

But other than that,it's going well
Nov 26, 2014 3:02 AM

Nov 2014
Depends, really.

The timeskip must "make sense" and should have a good reason as to why there is a timeskip. Say, something like Shinsekai Yori.

Yori had a timeskip that made sense, since to further cement their theme of "change happens".
I mean, episode 8 was O.o

Nov 26, 2014 3:04 AM

Jun 2013
I like them mostly on the end last minutes of the show like you it all went already after that etc...
Nov 26, 2014 4:34 AM

Oct 2013
bad ones that come into mind.

naruto - with jiraya in 2 years naruto learned only a bigger version rasengan which was made redundant with rasenshuriken which he learned in a few months post time skip.

one piece - made the next two arcs and the current one feel like filler. slow paced arcs which were dragged out.

fairy tail - grand magic games. nuff said.
Nov 26, 2014 6:06 AM

Jan 2014
Paul said:
RinPriest said:

Well there were a lot of comedic time skips so I really don't know what RedRose is referring too either.

Only two I can remember off the top of my head was the movie one which was time travel rather than skip and the first couple episodes of Gintama'. Possibly the latter is the one he's talking about? That's my guess. They were great and humorous.

Can't leave off without posting a few vids of "grown up" Kagura.

Yep. The Kagura one is what I was referring to.
You know, when they separated and promised to meet up at Shabondy Archipelago.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 26, 2014 6:10 AM

May 2013
Eva Movie 3 had a 14 year time skip with no clue what happened in the last 14 years so now I'm really wondering how the last movie will turn out.

So, imo time skips are better at the end of a show. And oh, the execution.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 26, 2014 6:12 AM
Sep 2014
AzureDaora said:
Depends, really.

The timeskip must "make sense" and should have a good reason as to why there is a timeskip. Say, something like Shinsekai Yori.

Yori had a timeskip that made sense, since to further cement their theme of "change happens".
I mean, episode 8 was O.o

This
Nov 26, 2014 8:34 AM

Jun 2011
im getting the vibe I should watch Shinseki yori, I would be glad to see a time skip done right in anime as so far I cant think of a show that wasn't better pre- time skip. I watched DBZ before Dragonball I think so I cant really count that one.
Nov 26, 2014 8:39 AM
Sep 2014
Killaclown said:
im getting the vibe I should watch Shinseki yori, I would be glad to see a time skip done right in anime as so far I cant think of a show that wasn't better pre- time skip. I watched DBZ before Dragonball I think so I cant really count that one.

It's a really good anime, watch it
Nov 26, 2014 8:41 AM

Nov 2012
Killaclown said:
i heard there is a yaoi there so i wont ever touch that anime
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 26, 2014 8:45 AM

Jun 2011
ninjastarforcex said:
Killaclown said:
lol I did forget about that, I heard it was just 1 kiss but hopefully there isn't a lot of bromance that just looks like romance beforehand (I like bromances but not when it just looks yaoi-ish)
Nov 26, 2014 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
Killaclown said:
ninjastarforcex said:
lol I did forget about that, I heard it was just 1 kiss but hopefully there isn't a lot of bromance that just looks like romance beforehand (I like bromances but not when it just looks yaoi-ish)

It's not a character driven show, plot is the most important thing.
Nov 26, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2011
Killaclown said:
ninjastarforcex said:
Everyone in the show is bisexual, its actually a plot point and there still hetero relationships between the main characters, theres barely any yaoi in the show but theres alot of yuri.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 26, 2014 9:40 AM

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Killaclown said:
theres barely any yaoi in the show but theres alot of yuri.

i will just watch cross ange if i want that
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 26, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2013
robis798 said:
Killaclown said:

It's not a character driven show, plot is the most important thing.

This, which is why I much preferred the more character/mystery driven first half. The world building is well done. Not sure why people were so turned off by that one fleeting "scene." Imo, its best episodes were almost immediately following, but I'd have to go back.
Nov 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
JD2411 said:
fairy tail has the only good timeskip

One Piece's was absolutely awful. a catastrophe of bad writing

naruto's was okay-ish though I think part 1 is better

I didn't see any point in Bleach's.

What the fuck did I just read?
Nov 26, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2014
Shadow-Senpai said:
JD2411 said:
fairy tail has the only good timeskip

One Piece's was absolutely awful. a catastrophe of bad writing

naruto's was okay-ish though I think part 1 is better

I didn't see any point in Bleach's.

The troll is real people <.<
Nov 26, 2014 5:28 PM

Jan 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
Shadow-Senpai said:

The troll is real people <.<

I feel trolls are more interesting when they change their M.O. after a while. JD really needs to step up his game. Choose Akame ga Kill or something to be his new best anime.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 26, 2014 5:50 PM

Sep 2013
I'd rather have a time skip than watch filler episodes of the MC growing up imo
Signature removed. Bro, can you please follow the signature rules? How many times do I have to tell you, 300kb MAX. You know we don't have the server space for your giant ass gifs. Site & Forum Guidelines (read them dumbass).
Nov 26, 2014 6:07 PM

Nov 2013
Kemono no Souja Erin has three skips iirc. For the most part, I think they were done well because each one reflects a change in tone of the series and starts a new phase in the main character's life.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is reviving characters poor writing?

rohan121 - 6 hours ago

27 by Jonas-K »»
45 seconds ago

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - 7 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
2 minutes ago

» Would your favorite non-anime characters survive in your favorite anime?

FanofAction - 48 minutes ago

2 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
11 minutes ago

» Why Ecchi is good for the anime industry

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

24 by Kenzolo-folk »»
16 minutes ago

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - 2 hours ago

7 by KodomoKomodo »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.