Vol. 5 – February 11th 2015
Vol. 6 – March 11th 2015
Vol. 7 – April 8th 2015
Vol. 8 – May 13th 2015
Vol. 9 – June 10th 2015
Vol. 10 – July 8th 2015
Vol. 11 – August 12th 2015
Vol. 12 – September 9th 2015
Vol. 13 – October 7th 2015 (7500 yen for the limited edition)

"The first DVD and Blu-Ray will include a whopping two whole episodes collected on one disk! A total of 13 disks will be released to contain the 26 episodes of the series. Owning all of these won’t be cheap! The limited edition Blu-Ray of the first disk is 7500 yen (about $75 US), will include a full colour booklet. The limited edition will also include a different charm with each disk, starting with a Moon Stick charm and bracelet with volume 1. By sending in a voucher included with volumes 1 and 13 Japanese residents you will be able to get a special box to store all 13 disks in. This will be a music box which will play Moon Pride, the theme song by Momoiro Clover Z.

There are plans for an audio commentary as well as textless opening and closing special features. Future limited edition Blu-Ray volumes will cost 6500 yen (about $65). Not wanting to spend that much? The regular edition Blu-Ray releases will be 4500 yen (about $45) a disk and the DVDs will cost only 3500 yen (about $35) per disk. So much to say you should decide whether having a nice Moon Stick charm, bracelet and a voucher for a box which might be hard to get outside of Japane is worth and extra $30 or $20 for just the charm in later volumes. You’d be looking at an extra $270 for a fully equipped charm bracelet with 13 charms and a box to store it and the disks in. You could buy a high priced Sailor Moon Pullip doll and Proplica Moon Stick for that much!"

http://sailormoonnews.com/2014/07/11/sailor-moon-crystal-to-be-released-on-japanese-dvd-and-blu-ray-starting-october-15th/

tldr;

Basically you'll need $800 or more if you want to get everything and possible even $1000+ if you want the Limited Edition versions in your collection "-____-
Aug 6, 2014 6:38 PM

Jan 2009
overprice and if you look at the tv series animation its not very good, ye they can fix those issues with the bluray releases but im not sure that toei will do that
Aug 9, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2009
The Toei executives are seeing the money flow. I hope absolutely no one buys this.

Put no effort when it's streaming, only to the BD's. Confirms that this whole "Re-boot" was not made for the old fans for nostalgia, but made by toei to suck out money from desperate Sailor Moon fans.
Aug 10, 2014 3:02 PM
Mar 2013
Sir_Lexa said:
The Toei executives are seeing the money flow. I hope absolutely no one buys this.

Put no effort when it's streaming, only to the BD's. Confirms that this whole "Re-boot" was not made for the old fans for nostalgia, but made by toei to suck out money from desperate Sailor Moon fans.

I disagree since I went to the website,and saw lot of laungages sub.I think they are putting some effort to it.As for the animation mistakes,honestly every cartoon has them.I think the probelum is the company trying to a reach dead line.I don't think lot of episodes are actally complete. As a result there just trying to finish it up,as quickly as possible. To reach the dead line,this might also explains why we have Biweekly episodes. But hey that's just my theory though
Aug 18, 2014 7:23 PM

Jan 2009
superprincess6 said:

I disagree since I went to the website,and saw lot of laungages sub.I think they are putting some effort to it.As for the animation mistakes,honestly every cartoon has them.I think the probelum is the company trying to a reach dead line.I don't think lot of episodes are actally complete. As a result there just trying to finish it up,as quickly as possible. To reach the dead line,this might also explains why we have Biweekly episodes. But hey that's just my theory though

Toei animation studio is known for outsourcing their anime production to developing countries like the philippines to lessen the cost of production more, so ye cheap labor means poor quality
Aug 18, 2014 11:32 PM

Nov 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
this whole "Re-boot" was not made for the old fans for nostalgia, but made by toei to suck out money from desperate Sailor Moon fans.

seems right on the money

superprincess6 said:
I disagree since I went to the website,and saw lot of laungages sub.I think they are putting some effort to it.

of course they're putting some effort in a site made exclusively to sell their merchandise.

superprincess6 said:
As for the animation mistakes,honestly every cartoon has them.

while that is true, not many of them have such a jarring animation flaws in the series
including, but not limited to: misplaced eyes, oversized clothes, oversized transformation pen, to name just a few. people here already posted screenshots showing the animation error

superprincess6 said:
I think the probelum is the company trying to a reach dead line.I don't think lot of episodes are actally complete. As a result there just trying to finish it up,as quickly as possible. To reach the dead line,this might also explains why we have Biweekly episodes. But hey that's just my theory though

biweekly (more like bimonthly) release is not because they want to "finish up as quickly as possible - that would be a contradiction. the episodes may have animation errors, but are complete.
the thing affecting the animation quality is the very low budget. Toei is making this series as cheap as possible, hoping that die-hard sailor moon fans will later buy their beyond-overpriced BDs

edit: to avoid confusion, by bimonthly i mean "airing two episodes per month"
DreamingBeatsAug 18, 2014 11:42 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 19, 2014 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
If the cost is too much, you could always just wait til VIZ releases it (I'm assuming in a BD boxset), probably sometime next year when the series (or at least season 1) ends.
Sep 4, 2014 7:29 AM

Jan 2008
To the people complaining about the pricing... You do realize that every anime in Japan is released at this price-range, right? This is not something specific to Toei, it's the standard pricing-convention over there.
Sep 10, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2009
"Sailor Moon Crystal" BD/DVD Preorder bonuses

Animate (Sailor Moon)

Tsutaya (Sailor Mercury)

Bunkyodo (Sailor Mars)

Shinseido/WonderGOO (Sailor Jupiter)

NeoWing (Sailor Venus)

Sep 11, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2008
Even on those card-thingies there is still serious shit going on with their limbs. Kingdom for a nice hand for Mars or ankles for Minako.
Sep 11, 2014 1:13 PM
Sep 2007
https://twitter.com/lucasbasarab

It seems Blu-rays will fix a lot of mistakes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.