Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 20, 2014 9:55 PM

Oct 2013
This trailer was just awesome! I regret reading the manga now. :( It doesn't even look like it will be censored. so that's a +1. I think Akame ga kill will give SAO a run for its money in terms of which series will get the most hype. I can't wait. This and tokyo ghoul are the anime I'm really excited for this year.I Can't wait. XD Be hype people, be hype!

Here's the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOle_TmHE_A
Jun 20, 2014 10:30 PM
Oct 2010
It probably won't reach SAO level of hype and I honestly hope it doesn't. I really like the manga, it's a lighter version of berserk but I hope people don't raise expectations to an unreasonable level.

I also hope it doesn't turn out like AoT where it drags for a long time, but the way the manga is I doubt it will.
Jun 20, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2012
Will probably watch it because White-Fox, but I don't really like the Manga.

Trailer looks nice.
Jun 20, 2014 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
Lookin' pretty fucking beast. That music was pretty orgasmic.

Looking forward to this one.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jun 20, 2014 10:54 PM

Apr 2014
Well now i am totally hyped :D thx for sharing
Jun 20, 2014 11:39 PM

Aug 2012
Trailer looks amazing
Jun 20, 2014 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
skudoops said:
It probably won't reach SAO level of hype and I honestly hope it doesn't. I really like the manga, it's a lighter version of berserk but I hope people don't raise expectations to an unreasonable level.

I also hope it doesn't turn out like AoT where it drags for a long time, but the way the manga is I doubt it will.

Oh, so you don't want the series you love to get as popular as those because of what? Anti hype backlash? Don't get me wrong it can be annoying, but at the end of the day, the series you love is doing well in the anime/manga industry and that should make you happy.

Plus when a series is really popular you can bet your life that you will get another season for it. So there is more positive than negative. ;)
Jun 20, 2014 11:54 PM

Apr 2014
WOW.

I can't even right now. I was hyped before. Now I don't even know what I am.

Akame's voice sounds perfect. I was worried because it's the same VA from One Week Friends who played as Kaori, but not anymore.
Nop.
Jun 20, 2014 11:59 PM
Mar 2012
I agree, the music was really great and the trailer was pretty much high octane hype. My biggest hope is that White Fox won't butcher the adaption like A-1 did to SAO.
Jun 21, 2014 12:02 AM
Oct 2010
keragamming said:
skudoops said:

Oh, so you don't want the series you love to get as popular as those because of what? Anti hype backlash? Don't get me wrong it can be annoying, but at the end of the day, the series you love is doing well in the anime/manga industry and that should make you happy.

Plus when a series is really popular you can bet your life that you will get another season for it. So there is more positive than negative. ;)

Well hype and popularity are two different things, hype sets expectations while popularity (although comes from hype) is generally a bi-product of hype, but not necessarily achieved only through it. Steins gate is a good example, was pretty low key when airing and blew up afterward. I hope Akame is the same way, as ridiculous hype only leads to disappointment.

alexpte said:
I agree, the music was really great and the trailer was pretty much high octane hype. My biggest hope is that White Fox won't butcher the adaption like A-1 did to SAO.

I'm not going to lie, it would be pretty difficult to botch this adaptation unless they really really just straight up tried to, and judging by the amount of episodes I can pretty much guess where it would end. I just hope there isn't an anime ending and it does well enough to warrant another season.
Jun 21, 2014 12:05 AM
May 2014
The summer season can't come any quicker there's just so many quality shows that will be airing I can't believe it. I hope Akame ga Kill will ve able to come out on top or at least high on the list out of all of those!! For now it looks like they've been putting a lot of effort in this. The animation looks pretty and the OST(as well as the OP in the preview) sounds amazing. Regarding the censoring, I think they won't censor too much or anything.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 21, 2014 1:38 AM

Oct 2012
OMG. THIS IS TOO AWESOME. WHITE FOX WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TORTURE ME LIKE THIS? ;A;

Jun 21, 2014 1:48 AM

Apr 2013
I was skeptical before the PV, now I'm hyped.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 21, 2014 1:57 AM

May 2014
@skudoops
It's a edgy brutal battle shounen with an interesting world, didn't those aspects made Attack on Titan popular?
Though AoT's episodes were made with a consistent arc to them slowly building up hype within them just to leave you at the climax with excitement for the next episode. AgK simply can't have that, because it's more laid down and actually spends time with its characters!

SAO was more honest with its second arc as to what it is, displeasing people, will GGO have the same problem and people will turn to AgK instead by hearing others comparing it to AoT?

btw Berserk is still king.
Jun 21, 2014 4:40 AM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
@skudoops
It's a edgy brutal battle shounen with an interesting world, didn't those aspects made Attack on Titan popular?
Though AoT's episodes were made with a consistent arc to them slowly building up hype within them just to leave you at the climax with excitement for the next episode. AgK simply can't have that, because it's more laid down and actually spends time with its characters!

SAO was more honest with its second arc as to what it is, displeasing people, will GGO have the same problem and people will turn to AgK instead by hearing others comparing it to AoT?

btw Berserk is still king.

Duuno... And I hate comparing it to anything, it's just make it look bad :p And yes, Berserk is king >:D Gotta love it if you liked AgK even one bit.

"I fear of losing while I am distracted by those breasts. Those breasts will probably shake a lot in the middle of battle. That's why I want to gain some training on female breasts as a countermeasure" - Koyomi Araragi - Kizumonogari.]
Jun 21, 2014 4:48 AM

Jan 2014
Well, this was on my plan to watch of this summer, or at least on my give a try one.

I didn't know before the trailer and honestly I still don't know now if this will keep me on.
But from the trailer I saw some things that make me well hope, and is at first the main character, that seems quite active.
Then blood and action, and twintails.
Jun 21, 2014 5:53 AM

Apr 2014
Still think the character designs suck a little, but it seems cool...
Jun 21, 2014 6:26 AM

Jun 2011
Any1 noticed they didn't include Schere & Braht at the end there? :D
Jun 21, 2014 6:46 AM

Jan 2011
Theorder14 said:

Haha, I too thought the same thing but it's actually Night Raid's 'first' appearance in chapter 1, at around page 47/48. Interesting coincidence though. ;)
Jun 21, 2014 6:50 AM
May 2014
Theorder14 said:

They did include Braht but not Schere
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 21, 2014 6:57 AM

Dec 2009
GET HYPE

Looks like they aren't afraid to show blood either.
Jun 21, 2014 8:27 AM

Sep 2010
Please be good and no censoring! Its too bad the GGO will probably overshadow this series with the super hype train the Sword Art Online has.
Jun 21, 2014 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
kikohunter said:
Theorder14 said:

They did include Braht but not Schere

That's cause Schere is already in the house doing her job :3
But I know what you meant lol.

Jun 21, 2014 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
The Summer season can't come any faster! I really hope they don't censor anything though.
Jun 21, 2014 4:57 PM

Sep 2012
Animation is decent, music is great

Fuarrrkk yeah, so keen for this. July 7 can't come soon enough

Was hoping to see Esdese in the PV though since I wasn't a fan of her character design and wanted to see what it looked like animated to see if it looks better in show
Jun 29, 2014 2:20 PM

Aug 2009
I'm not impressed, but I might watch it..
Jun 29, 2014 2:23 PM
Aug 2012
The manga is ok. Will probably watch this eventually.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

818 by Sun_Chan »»
11 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.