Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2009 5:33 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I think it was very admirable for Tomomasa to think that the manga is a failure.

Yeah, it definitely had more dull areas than the original anime, but I somehow liked the character art, especially Nunnally's hair in the end. <3
On the other hand, I found it extremely funny jumping out of knightmare frames for face-to-face combat.

The best part would either have to be the winged Lelouch or Nunnally talking about the infinite possibilities. Hah, I don't like the anime universe...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2009 6:29 PM

Mar 2008
Well I think Suzaku was made for this universe. Combining his piloting with his insane physical abilities :). Perfect for him to just jump out of the unit and go fighting.

Overall I enjoyed this. Interesting way things went this time around with some pretty crazy stuff with those knightmares. Besides liked the relationship with Nunnally and Alice.

Were some low points along the way but glad I checked it out. Different story and didn't exactly say things would be easy on the path they chose. Still glad Nunnally went along with not ending the world since that would be too bad for a finish.
Sep 23, 2009 6:46 AM

Apr 2009
I enjoyed that ^^

and I was surprised that the author think it was failure o-o
yeah,some dull things but at least I enjoyed,overall 8
Sep 23, 2009 9:18 AM

Nov 2007
ehhh it started out good and had potential but ... it kinda did fail in the end. I know it was supposed to be more Nunnally centric but I don't get the ending with lelouch at all a nd none of what he did really made sense. oh well, it was nice euphemia lived but she doesn't really fit as empress.
Sep 24, 2009 9:07 AM

Jul 2007
mystik said:
ehhh it started out good and had potential but ... it kinda did fail in the end. I know it was supposed to be more Nunnally centric but I don't get the ending with lelouch at all a nd none of what he did really made sense. oh well, it was nice euphemia lived but she doesn't really fit as empress.

I think differently. While first few chapters were kind of meh, it really improved with each chapter, bringing us to great open-ended closure.

As for ending: Everything made perfect sense ;)

In fact there's a lot of things in this ending that I like more than the anime ending, for example the explanation upon "Zero" and how Marianne/Charles departed.

Alternate universe parallel explanation was great touch too.

HawthorneKitty said:

I think it was very admirable for Tomomasa to think that the manga is a failure.

IMO it was great manga, minus the first few chapters. I would not mind this getting turned into an anime :P
Sep 27, 2009 12:21 PM

Nov 2008
Ayah, what a nice ending, the atmosphere was really restful and the manga ended up quite softly.
The goodbye with Lelouch was really sad and Nunnally explained quite well why she decided to to refuse the plan of her parents.

Though, I thought it would have been better if it had more chapters like 40 or 50 chapters. The devellopment about the irregulars organisation was a little too concisive in my opinion.
Same for the geopolitical situation and I thought it was in the anime.

But the character devellopment was better in my opinion.
The flash backs were more detailed and there wasn't too much secondary characters therefore therefore the focus on the primary character was better.

As for the chara design, I prefer this one than the one of CLAMP and the same goes for the mecha design.

I give it a 8 without any hesitation, it was really a good manga.
Sep 27, 2009 1:49 PM

May 2008
I am thinking of starting to read this manga, I am a huge Geass fan so is it worth of it?

Also it has been published in english?
Oct 8, 2009 2:14 PM
Apr 2009
I would definitely pick it up. I really enjoyed it, especially after having seen the anime.
Nov 5, 2009 9:29 AM
Feb 2009
As far as Requiem of Lelouch goes, this was much better compared to the anime. Still...it sucks that he have to die that the end though.
Nov 14, 2009 4:47 PM
Apr 2008
I liked both the beginning and the end, but I feel that the middle was pretty mediocre (albeit more original than the beginning). The Zero ending sort of makes me bias toward the end, though.
Dec 23, 2009 5:38 PM

Jan 2009
So, apart from being totally different from everything I was expecting.. This was awesome.
Can't help but rate this a 10 too ^^;

Funny how some of the key-plot facts are still there, although twisted in some way, and with the whole story distorted into another great story : D
And I really liked how this was actually a parallell reality to the original anime (and manga too actually), as seen by Nunnally at Heaven's Door x)

Oh I loved this, and I'm wondering how the new manga adaption (Renya of the Darkness) will play out when it's starting in January ^^;
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 7, 2010 12:03 AM
Dec 2009
somehow, the ending was kinda more fulfilling than the original ending, i mean, lelouch loved his sister, and, in the original history, he died alone like a tyrant, codemned to never be remembered
as of this ending, even though he had his moments fo tyranny, he kept himself, and left the probable new peace for euphemia to handle
it was really sad to see him leaving his sister though...
a good story overall, it was worth reading it
I, who is about to awaken…
Am the Heavenly dragon that has stolen the principles of domination from God…
I laugh at the “infinite”, and I grieve at the dream….
I shall become the Red Dragon of Domination…
Juggernaut Drive!!!!
Jun 7, 2010 3:23 PM

Sep 2008
I guess I liked how all my fav characters didn't die in the end :)

It didn't have as many ass-plot-pulls as the anime..

Although I still can't rate it high because I'm trying to compare it to the anime, which I liked..
Sep 20, 2010 4:59 PM

Jul 2009
i kinda like this manga more than the anime series.

wish the author could have incorporated all of the elements and characters from the anime series, but code geass world is full of possibilities. it's hard to piece everything together. the only disappointment for me is lack of kallen role and others.

still i love this manga, the concept of lelouch having a twin brother, the irregulars and such alone make this manga sooo unique and entertaining. 9/10 for me :)
Apr 24, 2011 3:10 PM

Apr 2011
I'm a huge Code Geass fan <3 , and I loved this manga, I really like Nunnally and Lelouch they're my favorite characters, and it's great that Euphie haven't died lol For me this is 10/10 *-*
May 15, 2011 4:05 AM

Jan 2011
Overall it was quite good, although I still prefer the original story since I found this one a little hard to follow. If it had been longer I would have probably enjoyed it more. I hope this gets made into an anime I'd love to see Nunally in motion.
Jun 1, 2011 12:21 PM

Dec 2009
I liked it but why C.C. didn't appear like in the anime? I love C.C., my favorite character besides Lelouch. I wanted more C.C.

Still, it was good that Euphy and Suzaku could be together at the end, even in that chaotic world.

Overall, the manga gets a 8/10 from me.
Sep 11, 2013 12:52 PM
May 2013
I like this Zero more than Zero from anime because this one is so overpowered.

But in the end I don't understand why Zero called himself C.C. , is a hidden message in those letters or Lelouch become C.C.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally Chapter 19 Discussion

TechDragon - Aug 29, 2009

4 by Randomega »»
Sep 29, 2020 10:55 PM

» Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally

Zaerick - Sep 16, 2011

0 by Zaerick »»
Sep 16, 2011 4:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Knightmare of Nunnally Chapter 8 Discussion

Friendlysoul - Dec 15, 2008

3 by Obsidian_G »»
Jul 27, 2011 3:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally Chapter 24 Discussion

HooHiraiBunny - Sep 25, 2009

1 by ckam »»
Nov 21, 2009 9:49 PM

Poll: » Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally Chapter 23 Discussion

ckam - Nov 21, 2009

0 by ckam »»
Nov 21, 2009 9:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.