Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 7:00 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Somando (not sure the spelling) is the new king. Neuei is still well.

Li Ren is very quiet. Toranosuke reminded Kajika that Lumati is in America alone. Kajika's making THE soup that Toranosuke's scared of. Li Ren left and Eugene came. Eugene drank that soup, but Toranosuke fainted just for one sip.

Li Ren went to Kajika's father after getting a call from him.

Li Ren asked that if the "mission" after choosing fiance (mentioned in the beginning) has to do with Laginei.

Kajika and others are in the party for Somando as beginning of king, waiting for Li Ren and her father. Carl is there, too.

Kwinza is totally in control of Somando.

Lumati is watching TV program airing Somando becoming king.

Next ep.: back to Kajika's friend in Japan. + Carl vs. Li Ren.
tsubasaloverSep 20, 2009 4:11 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 21, 2009 11:55 AM

Feb 2009
Ugh, Harry made me mad by saying that to Li-Ren! He's more suitable than any of those other guys to marry Kajika! -_-
Sep 21, 2009 2:16 PM
Dec 2007
Harry is playing Captain Obvious in this ep and Li-Ren, who I thought was a very insightful character that knew roughly the whole story, didn't even thought about Mahachti and Harry's filiation (I mean, come on, we had a full 2 episodes flashback with Kajika's "grandfather" Fred stating that he wasn't his real grandfather and that Mahachti and his wife had a child together, Harry, resulting in Lumati and Kajika being cousins...). That really surprised me as I believed everyone pretty much knew (or guessed at least) it besides Kajika herself.

Still, it was quite a slow episode, probably less interesting and with weaker developments compared to the last ones. I must admit I was a bit dissapointed this time.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 22, 2009 7:09 PM

May 2008
LOL. I love how Li-Ren conveniently got out of eating Kajika's disgusting deadly cooking.

&Yeah. What Harry said to Li-Ren wasn't right. I mean, FFS man. There's only so much fucking love you can give someone besides the love you have for your family, your own PEOPLE. Dear god. If Li-Ren's country was about to be demolished, and Kajika was..let's say, sick. Would Harry HONESTLY expect Li-Ren to stay at Kajika's side instead of helping his country? <_< I dunno if that's going a bit too far, but that's what Harry's making it sound like. Ridiculous if anything.

This might seem funny, but I wonder how LiRenxCarl would serve as a pairing xD

Sep 22, 2009 7:14 PM

Apr 2008
^ Li-Ren vs Carl... hopefully will be as entertaining as Li-Ren vs Eugene!!

Poor Lumati and even more...
MallyMalMal said:
Ugh, Harry made me mad by saying that to Li-Ren! He's more suitable than any of those other guys to marry Kajika! -_-
Though I'm not so much mad at Harry, as a little heart broken for Li-Ren. Am still hoping his words were just meant to antagonise... :<
nehnehnejiSep 22, 2009 7:17 PM
Sep 24, 2009 8:47 AM

Feb 2008
I wasn't mad at Harry, but Harry IS a father and he wants a man worthy for his only daughter. A man that would sacrifice anything for his love. I think that's what he meant to say to Li-Ren.
And rather than mad at Harry, I was heartbroken for Li-Ren (like nehnehneji was) as well.
I'm all for Li-Ren x Kajika!
But I really, really LOVE my Carl. ♥ (Just can't stop fangirling every time he comes out xD lawl and it doesn't help that he was voice by my one-and-only, Fukuyama Jun. Teehee♪)
Although I anticipate which one she'll choose, really.
But I'm hopeful it's Li-Ren out of everyone else. x'}

The part with Toranosuke was hilarious! x'3
Anyways...I wonder who that girl was in the next episode preview. And could that figure be Rumaty? :'O
And I can't wait for Li-Ren vs Carl...x'D Hopefully it's gonna be a lot entertaining like Li-Ren vs Eugene. Hehehe x'p

Sep 24, 2009 9:09 AM

Aug 2008
Didn't Li-Ren already know about Harry? I could have sworn that he had already deduced this much a few episodes ago.

Overall, not a bad episode, but very slow.
Aug 30, 2013 12:37 AM
Aug 2011
This is where they changed directors, I thought this episode was a bit boring though.

Yeah I thought Li-Ren had already managed to find out everything about Harry. He did just about have all the information.

Unless he was just playing extra dumb.
Aug 8, 2017 12:30 AM
Aug 2014
Think this is the third time now they're explaining Harry's lineage; is it really that complicated? Still not sure what kind of succession laws they have for Kajika to be first one line though.
Apr 23, 2019 7:41 PM

May 2013
^^^ Maybe Li Ren was just doubting his sources of info until Harry himself confirmed it...? :3

He has two sides to himself. Technically, Papa Burny said Li Ren as a businessman is unfit for Kajika, not necessarily his selfish side that wants Kajika all to himself ;D ;D

My poor Rumati ;A; his beautiful ocean eyes are so empty </3 hurts the soul :( cheer up, bb. I hope you end up getting crowned <3
Oct 23, 2022 3:41 AM

Jan 2021
That's right, Harry was basically telling Li-Ren as to what he had to do to make him completely and perfectly suited to be Kajika's husband. Didn't Li-Ren think that Harry only gave that "clue" to him alone? (However, no ordinary love will do. Unless the man is ready to throw himself away to protect Kajika, it's not enough). Li-Ren wasn't a fool, he knew Harry couldn't and wouldn't talk about those things to the other 3 men... because Harry wasn't a fool as well.. instead he is a great man both as a person and a dad.

Harry just wanted Li-Ren. It's just that the current Li-Ren isn't perfectly suited to be his daughter's husband. And Harry want to break Li-Ren's shell for him to change and make a move.

By the way, if Kajika won't end up with Li-Ren, I ship her with Carl, lol. It was so adorable whenever Carl blushed every time he met Kajika :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 22, 2009

28 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 6, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 5 Discussion

bonbonzy - May 4, 2009

31 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:57 PM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 4 Discussion

maji_saikou - Apr 26, 2009

49 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:54 PM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 3 Discussion

bonbonzy - Apr 20, 2009

43 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Hanasakeru Seishounen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bonbonzy - Apr 12, 2009

60 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 3, 2023 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.