Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 5:21 PM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The ending of that duel was pretty awesome xD But I'm kinda disappointed of the difficulty from level 5 ^^
lmao at the contestants of the tournament, they're all weird, and lol at Yugi's grandpa xD (Apdnarg Otum xD)
Jul 15, 2014 9:46 AM

Sep 2011
So the winner of the tournament will duel with Yugi. It means that Yugi have only one duel, is a little disappointing.

lol Yugi's grandpa using a disguise. It reminded me of Dragon Ball.
ViniSDJul 15, 2014 9:50 AM
Jan 7, 2015 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
Lolled at all these introductions ...
Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes.

Also Jounouchi's / Joey's serious face is always hilarious :D

Also I'm guessing Sieg Lloyd will be facing Yugi at the end.
PrOxAntoJan 7, 2015 2:29 AM
Jul 22, 2015 8:43 PM

Mar 2011
Poor Jounouchi... xD
Marloges said:
The ending of that duel was pretty awesome xD But I'm kinda disappointed of the difficulty from level 5 ^^
lmao at the contestants of the tournament, they're all weird, and lol at Yugi's grandpa xD
Oct 4, 2019 1:45 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, this is an ensemble of stereotypes. And amn, Kaiba's entrance, tho, what a try hard.

I still enjoy this arc a lot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 25, 2020 9:51 PM

Dec 2011
Apparently this is filler, but it looks like it’s going to be so much stupid fun. What a nice breather from plot ahh there was SO much blushy Yugi -- praising him, giving him attention, hugs/cuddles, and then gets cute and fidgety with Joey? I love it.

The pharaoh switching out must be revenge for when Yugi did the same thing to him back in Battle City with Téa haha.

Oh wow a white suit for Kaiba this time, how dashing. For someone who says he doesn’t care for a third rate duelist he sure still does things that say otherwise, like giving him an invitation lmao “Mokuba, make sure Wheeler is late” - bless the dub. Happens so quick you could almost miss it.

You gotta feel for the guy. He just wants to play simple card games but weird magic mumbo jumbo happens AND now CEO responsibilities? Can’t catch a break.
CMYKFeb 25, 2020 9:54 PM
Oct 10, 2020 2:48 PM

Nov 2017
凡骨 is one of my favourite words to say in Japanese, and is also my favourite insult.

In English, the cards is called "Heart of the Underdog". In those Hong Kong bootlegs, the subtitles had it as "The Dignity of the Retarded". But anyway, the card does remind me of Jonouchi.

Now that the tournament is 'bout to start let's introduce all the participants. Golly, most of 'em are a bunch of weirdos lol. Whilst Yuugi will be participating, he won't be dueling anyone. Nope, he'll be dueling the winner!

Let's get this party started!
Nov 13, 2021 9:33 PM

Aug 2019
I'm relieved that Kaiba was wearing simple clothing here that wasn't ridiculous like his Battle City clothes. Of course Yugi won the duel, but I was surprised by Spirit Ryu since I thought its discard effect was limited to just one Dragon-type card. The text on the English card is too vague I guess. Also Sieg is such a stereotypical villain that even Kaiba should've known immediately that he was behind the hacking.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 15 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

12 by DarknessRider »»
Jun 4, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

EvianBubble - Sep 12, 2010

16 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 45 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 25, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 42 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 23, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 25, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 39 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 22, 2010

13 by -DxP- »»
May 24, 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.