Zettai Shounen

What would you like to edit?

Alternative Titles

Synonyms: Absolute Boy, Zettai Shonen
Japanese: 絶対少年
French: Zettai Shonen
More titles


Type: TV
Episodes: 26
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: May 21, 2005 to Nov 19, 2005
Premiered: Spring 2005
Broadcast: Saturdays at 08:06 (JST)
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Ajia-do
Source: Original
Genres: DramaDrama, FantasyFantasy, MysteryMystery, Sci-FiSci-Fi
Duration: 25 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older


Score: 6.851 (scored by 42924,292 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
Ranked: #49242
2 based on the top anime page. Please note that 'Not yet aired' and 'R18+' titles are excluded.
Popularity: #4847
Members: 21,121
Favorites: 68

Available At


Ranked #4924Popularity #4847Members 21,121
Add to My List
Episodes: /26


Oftentimes, people are most vulnerable when they are lonely and unable to get along with those around them. Isolation is felt more keenly amongst a crowd, so some will try to find solace in the strangest of places, where the unknown lurks. Such people include Ayumu Aizawa, a former city boy now living in the countryside of Tana, and Kisa Tanigawa, a young girl who has a hard time relating to others. What these two share in common is a feeling that their life has gone astray.

Zettai Shounen tells a story of strange phenomena affecting two different settings, with no explanations of their origin or sudden appearance. All that is known is that these phenomena seem to center on individuals with mixed emotions toward themselves and others.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Characters & Voice Actors


Hasegawa, Yasuo
Oosawa, Nobuhiro
Assistant Producer


Opening Theme

Apple Music
Amazon Music
Youtube Music
"Hikari no Silhouette (光のシルエット)" by CooRie

Ending Theme


May 13, 2009
I don't write reviews, but this show only has one short review so I feel inclined to do my part.

Zettai Shonen is an anime that stays away from a lot of the normal conventions found in anime with the label of supernatural. The pace is much slower and more heavily focuses on the characters than the supernatural event itself.
Ultimately I would say that the focus is on how each character internalizes and acts on the odd things that are going on around them.

The story is broken down into two arcs. The first arc is the summer arc and the main character is a ...
Feb 24, 2015
I'm writing a review in an attempt to express my feelings on an anime I feel few have heard of. Zettai Shonen is in my opinion a masterpiece of storytelling and is my favorite anime/tv show of all time.

The guidelines say not to summarize, but I'll give my take in this paragraph if anyone is interested: The story is split into two halves. The first deals with a city boy spending a summer in a small, somewhat boring town, quiet but for the constant, tremulous calls of cicadas, but the summer becomes more interesting when supernatural occurrences begin to take place. In the second half, ...
Nov 22, 2021
This anime feels like a shitty game.
This is mainly due to the slow progress of the main plot and the boring length side quest that I give 0 fuck. There's only like 20% of the main quest and the other 80% is filled with shitty side quest that are unskippable.

I'm not saying the whole anime are shit, the first arc is good because it feels like the main quest and side quest were moving along side each other so you don't feel that much of gap on the story going on. It slowly reveal the main mystery going on in the anime while showing ...

Interest Stacks

by gingys
16 Entries · 42 Restacks
50 Entries · 43 Restacks


Recent News

Recent Forum Discussion

Poll: Zettai Shounen Episode 26 Discussion
Hyoroemon - Sep 2, 2011
12 repliesby Dawizz »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:00 PM
Poll: Zettai Shounen Episode 20 Discussion
Hyoroemon - Jul 16, 2011
2 repliesby Dawizz »»
Oct 18, 2023 1:16 AM
Poll: Zettai Shounen Episode 3 Discussion
ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009
6 repliesby Rob7 »»
Sep 23, 2023 9:05 PM
Poll: Zettai Shounen Episode 12 Discussion
CyanideKoolaid - Jan 30, 2009
9 repliesby Dawizz »»
Sep 7, 2023 12:28 AM
Poll: Zettai Shounen Episode 2 Discussion
ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009
2 repliesby Sw3at »»
Jun 30, 2023 9:12 PM

Top 15 Best Underrated Anime: Writer's Corner

Top 15 Best Underrated Anime: Writer's Corner

Sifting through the dark, forgotten recesses of My Anime List like some sort of anime hipster, our writers have brought you 15 of what they consider to be the most underrated anime out there. Under appreciated masterpiece or stinker that got the reception it deserved; you decide.

by MAL_editing_team


9 Anime's Greatest Directors: Writer's Picks

9 Anime's Greatest Directors: Writer's Picks

If you ask the general public to name anyone associated with anime, they’re almost certain to name a certain director – Miyazaki Hayao. But for anime fans themselves, the director is a crucial component of anime success that’s too often overlooked.