Edit Anime Information

Pokemon Movie 10: Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai

English: Pokemon: The Rise Of Darkrai
Synonyms: Gekijouban Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl: Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai, Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai
Japanese: ポケットモンスター ダイヤモンド&パール ディアルガVSパルキアVSダークライ

Duration: 1 hr. 30 min.
Rating: PG - Children

Nov 30, 2008
shadowsaiph (All reviews)
This Pokemon Movie, I'd have to say was good for the most part.

-Story-
The story plot was FAIR. When I originally heard about the movie, I thought it would be much much much different. Since I've been a Pokemon Fan for most of my life, I was expecting the movies to have much more of a Climatical part. It did not have a true "climax" per se. It was an average movie with an average storyline.

-Art-
The art was nothing special. The best art I saw was at the very end. The art was just as if it was a regular old Pokemon episode.

-Sound-
Sound was my favorite read more
Apr 12, 2015
Chaotic_beauty (All reviews)
The Rise of Darkrai relies on a big number of epic movie tropes nestled in live action. The film also surprises due to its clear cut structure and by the books approach to various small details. Something Pokemon were ignoring and more often than not, struggling with, ever since the fourth film.

Two guys will compete for a girl and it will be shown, not told. The resolution will be clear as the loser stumbles in the background. No exposition needed. Don't get me wrong, by no means is this a masterpiece. What it is, is a highly polished work following all the standard conventions read more
Nov 22, 2014
MestariYN (All reviews)
It’s everything you’d expect out of a Pokemon movie - so I think at least! But still, I was quite surprised about the movie and I consider it as one of the best I've seen (even tough I'm not very into it anymore)

Well, let us start with the Story.
It's always interesting - especially in the case of Pokemon - how they made it so far! At that time over 400 Pokémons - and the Franchise seem to be still growing!
This movie I just watched because I liked (and I still do so) the 4th Gen. very much! And that's why I came to watch it! read more
Mar 11, 2011
oxana (All reviews)
I was looking forward to seeing this movie (especially because of Darkrai, Dialga and Palkia).

Not a bad film on the scale set by Pokémon movies.

The art was beautiful, although nothing out of the ordinary. Still, I liked it, and it stood out nicely for itself.

Besides our heroes, the guest stars were okay, and they were given enough background, screen time and character to make themselves useful.

The plot itself... the movie started really slow. It seemed to take forever before things actually got going, and by the time the end was near, it didn't feel like much; after all the battling between Dialga and Palkia in read more
Oct 2, 2009
princesszelda (All reviews)
whenever i watch this movie i get a little choked up inside because i can relate to darkrai.

--STORY--

--OVERALL--
10/10
May 14, 2019
PokeFan2112 (All reviews)
A great Pokemon movie- one of the best in the franchise.

The story, with a battle between Dialga and Palkia causing space-time anomalies, culminating with Ash and the gang having to stop the town from being erased, was very cool. I really like when Pokemon goes for the kind of "epic sci-fi" vibe and this definitely delivered. Better yet, unlike some other movies in the franchise which take a long while to get going, this got interesting right away and stayed so till the end.

The fight scenes were very exciting and tense, as is the standard for the series, and there was a lot of funny read more