Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well despite how Amanda looks and behaves, she's actually pretty tough and not to mess with.

Despite the destructive nature of her abilities and that big smile, she's definitely a character to watch out for, maybe even one of the strongest in this season so far.
LeknaatDec 21, 2022 4:56 AM
Nov 23, 2022 7:18 AM

Feb 2020
Very intense episode again. The fight scenes were awesome as usual.

Amanda is such a powerful lady.

Fran, Shishou, and Amanda look like a family. ^^ How sweet is that!

SerafosNov 23, 2022 9:34 AM
Nov 23, 2022 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
The animation was simply wonderful and it was great. Especially with Fran's adorableness, it was superb.
They didn't skip any battle scenes as far as I know and I greatly enjoyed this episode.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 23, 2022 8:15 AM

Jul 2017
Mommy Amanda, kid child Fran and the rest of the party made up of different groups on the Alessa Guild's Rank D quest of The Spider's Web, also a test for those wanting to up their ranks. Only one problem: Krad of his "Dragon's Roar" guild picking a beef with Fran for levelling favoritism, forgetting that Amanda's here as well.

The expedition taking a day and longer because of Krad just wanting to settle his beef with Fran (which Amanda easily shields her), it's a journey of arduous proportions. Fran could've easily avoided this mock duel, but thanks to Krad mocking Teacher, that is reason enough to spar with him with everyone in view to prove that she's a Rank D adventurer earned by her own hard work. And while the fight animation is impressive with Fran taking care of Krad easily without using Teacher (only to realize afterwards by using it), it's Amanda who also wants a spar with her, either Amanda stops stalking or Fran calls her "Mommy" for a winning promise.

Using the unconventional whip, her strong and agile attacks keep Fran moving in all directions, and even with the strongest of attacks, Amanda comes off unscathed, which this deserves a commendable effort from the Black Cat herself for volunteering to see how long she can withstand against the Rank A ace. With such a rowdy battle, it's onto the quest to enter The Spider's Web. Let's go!

The best episode thus far, and Fran needn't another Mom, but a mother character in her life.
KANLen09Nov 30, 2022 7:03 PM
Nov 23, 2022 8:21 AM

Feb 2019
Probably my fave episode. A lot of action today and the animation was very well done. Enjoyed seeing Fran push the instructors further than they expected, even the Amanda fight was great. Fran’s already had her dad, now she’s got a mom.
Nov 23, 2022 8:33 AM
Sep 2015
I'm actually fond of that dragon roar guy, I love a rowdy character like him, cute!
Anyway, the other rank E party seems suspicious, could they be spy from other country?
Nov 23, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2011
After that heated Fran vs Amanda battle. I would just put Fran as last one to enter, like she probably could solo the dungeon.

Amanda can pass as a pervert per se, but the intentions are pure.
Nov 23, 2022 9:03 AM
Nov 2021
I gotta say, i keep getting impressed by how they don't half-ass character design. It's like every single background character is super unique instead of being generic like you would expect. Be it goblins from previous episodes, guild people, merchants. Even the manga has generic design for all those guys, but the anime went above and beyond. Props.

There are a few new frames towards the end of the opening as well, spoilers though :)
Nov 23, 2022 9:03 AM

Oct 2020
Amanda is a very strong fighter.
Nov 23, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2020
I lost the count how many times white-haired dude embarrassed himself. You just can't have an isekai without them, right?

As I thought Amanda was testing Fran, because ain't no way ara-ara milfs do someone bad.
Nov 23, 2022 9:07 AM

Aug 2019
"I'm Fran. Rank D. I like curry. Nice to meet you."

This was the best episode yet.
Nov 23, 2022 9:11 AM
Jun 2019
If amanda is close to skill ceiling then fran isnt that far off
Nov 23, 2022 9:19 AM

Jul 2022
Another fabulous episode, great action couched in wholesomeness. Fran is the best. She should share her curry with the group - it would blow their minds and melt their hearts.
Nov 23, 2022 9:25 AM
Dec 2017
This is a cheeky spoof on the Isekai, but the humor and wit are really outstanding. There's also some frightening and heartwarming moments, and who could not adore little Fran?
I saw some "Not Recommended" reviews, but I think these reviews are missing the whole point of this story.
Nov 23, 2022 10:21 AM

Jul 2022
fran didn't win against amanda.. sad
at least now they know she strong
Nov 23, 2022 10:21 AM
Jan 2022
wholesome vibes, fight scenes pretty decent, not much of a fan of the CGI use
Nov 23, 2022 10:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The fight against Amadan was sure something, too bad she didn't call her "mother" in the end xD
Nov 23, 2022 11:25 AM
Jan 2022
Ashhk said:
The fight against Amadan was sure something, too bad she didn't call her "mother" in the end xD
good that she didn't. Amanda "won" with the equivalent of those annoying level based protection skills some mmo or arpg bosses get to force you to grind and level up
Nov 23, 2022 11:37 AM

Dec 2018
i really wasn't going to watch this show i thought it'd be dumb but it has been amazing. that fight with amanda should already be enough to promote her, i can't wait to see the dungeon fights. i'm seriously so stoked for this show now this has been a wonderful and unexpected ride!
Nov 23, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2018
StateofOhayo said:
i really wasn't going to watch this show i thought it'd be dumb but it has been amazing. that fight with amanda should already be enough to promote her, i can't wait to see the dungeon fights. i'm seriously so stoked for this show now this has been a wonderful and unexpected ride!
If anything I was gonna watch it for our catgirl protagonist but this anime turned out better than I had hoped.
Nov 23, 2022 11:56 AM

Jan 2018
fyl3toys said:
"I'm Fran. Rank D. I like curry. Nice to meet you."

This was the best episode yet.
Proceeds to almost win against an A rank adventurer. I mean its nice that there are still things than Fran cant just one shot but it is probably the case that the things Fran cant beat are numbered on one hand at this point.
Nov 23, 2022 11:56 AM

Apr 2022
Amanda might be a lolicon, but she means only well.

Next episode will be "the trap of the trap spiders", so, like... regular spiders?
Nov 23, 2022 12:45 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, this is probably my favorite or at least one of my favorite episodes from the all the shows this season, the action was great, a nice introduction of some unique side characters, we saw how much Fran has grown and that she is willing to do what she hates, a nice while temporary rival and a great and caring mentor that shows us there is plenty for the MC to strive for.

I assumed this was going to be one of those many lazy isekai anime going from the first episode but it keeps getting better, Fran is just the best.
Nov 23, 2022 12:46 PM
Nov 2022
I'm stranded at ep 7. I don't have time to watch anime at this moment .😭

But overall: the show is fun to watch, and Fran is super cute. But don't expect too much from this show.
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM
Jan 2021
My favorite episode of the series, so far!

Amanda's genuine concern for Fran's wellbeing makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :). Best "Mama" character of the year, imho!
Nov 23, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2019
Damn, Fran did pretty good against an A-rank
Nov 23, 2022 1:30 PM
Dec 2021
That big green girl is annoying, hope she dies brutally.
Nov 23, 2022 1:30 PM
Oct 2020
Como não chorar com esse final. Que anime lindo tá ficando. Uma das melhores revelações da temporada.
Estou no nível em mal-badges. Veja meus emblemas.
Nov 23, 2022 2:06 PM

Oct 2008
It can't be just me that feels that Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita is one of the best isekai series to have come out in like... forever? Most isekai series are just plain boring and tedious. They either seem to go through the motions or expand their scope beyond what they're capable of handling.

At this point, the series keeps itself grounded and personal by having Fran and Shisho's relationship being the foundation of the story, and it makes it so, so easy to get invested in Fran's adventures and root for her success.

The pacing is phenomenal, the fight choreography is some of the best, and the balance/juxtaposition between light and serious moments is perfect... I'll be absolutely heartbroken if this series doesn't get a second season.
ActarNov 23, 2022 2:20 PM
Nov 23, 2022 3:23 PM
Mar 2021
training before a dungeon raid is a classic fantasy trope.
Nov 23, 2022 3:43 PM

Mar 2020
This show continues to impress with the fight scenes, and that's what sets this isekai above many others. Amanda seems a bit more likeable as well after this episode.
Nov 23, 2022 4:10 PM
Nov 2021
Actar said:
It can't be just me that feels that Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita is one of the best isekai series to have come out in like... forever? Most isekai series are just plain boring and tedious. They either seem to go through the motions or expand their scope beyond what they're capable of handling.

At this point, the series keeps itself grounded and personal by having Fran and Shisho's relationship being the foundation of the story, and it makes it so, so easy to get invested in Fran's adventures and root for her success.

The pacing is phenomenal, the fight choreography is some of the best, and the balance/juxtaposition between light and serious moments is perfect... I'll be absolutely heartbroken if this series doesn't get a second season.

I think it's the best first season of an Isekai in 2022. Maybe Eminence, maybe Skeleton.
Ragon_QcNov 23, 2022 4:17 PM
Nov 23, 2022 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
Best isekai this year hands down

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 23, 2022 4:22 PM
Jul 2013
messerbangi said:
Ashhk said:
good that she didn't. Amanda "won" with the equivalent of those annoying level based protection skills some mmo or arpg bosses get to force you to grind and level up

Well, Amanda didn't bother to take a single step while her speed has been shown to be superior to what Fran can even follow, and Fran had to give everything while taking several hits to manage to land a single one and then fainting out of exhaustion right afterwards. Given that information, I strongly doubt that a point blank fireball from Fran would have been enough to knock out Amanda even without the skill.
Nov 23, 2022 5:01 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Very good battle choreography, good presentation for Amanda's skills and a genuine excitement for the dungeon. I'm amazed at how this anime has overcome a very generic first episode.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 23, 2022 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
That spear chump got mikiri countered lol
Nov 23, 2022 5:32 PM

Jul 2014
I fucking loved this episode, probably my favorite so far!

This show is a way better Isekai than The Eminence of Shadow, in my opinion.
Nov 23, 2022 5:33 PM
Nov 2020
Kickass cat girl, how can you not love her.

Seriously though, Fran's improvement is off the charts. From struggling against goblins a few episodes ago, look at her now.
Nov 23, 2022 6:11 PM

Jan 2021
Amanda's ara ara moment when she saw Fran's fireball was the funniest ara ara moment I've seen. Her using the back of her whip to deflect and attack was also really cool. I can tell they're not using the budget for this episode. But they saved some neat moments with Amanda. Also she's got a badass skill, she was really surprised Fran got an attack in.
Nov 23, 2022 7:50 PM
Jun 2016
awesome battle scene
Nov 23, 2022 9:09 PM

Mar 2007
Amanda's once every 24 hours negate one attack skill is kinda OP!

That's why none of the others lasted as long as Fran, when they tried to battle her. Nice.
Nov 23, 2022 9:55 PM

May 2016
what a good fight, but in the end the result was obvious ... Amanda showed why she is rank A, and the rest understood that Fran's rank deserved it ... but what a good comedy with the annoying guy and his cheerleaders, I liked him charm. I was surprised that the idiot didn't learn and kept pestering Amanda, she gave everyone a good time anyway.
Nov 24, 2022 12:04 AM
May 2015
messerbangi said:
Ashhk said:

Well Amanda is not fighting seriously at all. If she were to get serious, she can beat Fran in just few seconds. As someone that read up to the latest WN raw, Fran is nowhere near Amanda's strength currently.
danihollowNov 24, 2022 12:09 AM
Nov 24, 2022 1:43 AM
Jan 2022
MimKJWPqmYxFZwoY said:
messerbangi said:

Well, Amanda didn't bother to take a single step while her speed has been shown to be superior to what Fran can even follow, and Fran had to give everything while taking several hits to manage to land a single one and then fainting out of exhaustion right afterwards. Given that information, I strongly doubt that a point blank fireball from Fran would have been enough to knock out Amanda even without the skill.

true I suppose. Still I know why she didn't but would've been nice to see her giving her a heads up about a surprise or something at least. it just goes "nope your level is too low you can't do damage to her" which was the description for that skill as well.

I suppose it's refreshing to see proper game mechanics in an isekai though
Nov 24, 2022 1:51 AM
Sep 2021
Amanda is really a lot stronger than fran and it was proved in the battle. Let's see what the spider dungeon has in laid for the dungeon members.
I give it 5/10.
Nov 24, 2022 2:17 AM
Aug 2017
I really like the whip Amanda is using, it really shows how powerful she is. But I'm glad Fran doesn't call her Mama, the wounds of her lost parents are still fresh
Nov 24, 2022 2:43 AM

May 2015
I'm glad Fran was able to prove herself to the other adventurers. But wow, Amanda is definitely a powerful person who is worthy of their A rank. I wonder how serious Amanda would of gotten if Fran and Teacher fought together!
Nov 24, 2022 6:47 AM

Jun 2016
Another great episode of my favourite anime of the season, Fran is always so cute, and she proved herself once again as a powerful fighter, great battle scenes, the animation and character design are always of very good quality.
Nov 24, 2022 7:14 AM

Mar 2010
I guess I was expecting to much of fran at the moment or that a rank gal is just that much more powerful.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 24, 2022 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
Did that guy seriously just point his sword at a kid? Also, Amanda-san is really good at using her skills and abilities. It really checks out her Adventure Rank! If this is how A-Rank Adventurers are, then I wonder how S-Rank Adventurers are like!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

374 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2022

169 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.