Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 11:28 AM

Jan 2018
Wakui Ken is here in Jump with his new manga. I kept mistaking some of the characters for Tokyo Revengers characters lmao. Those two female characters look good tho ngl. So those meteors that came down falling from the sky ended up destroying everything and affecting everyone and gave them these powers? MC just destroyed that building with one punch while trying to save not-mikey. Well anyway, given how TR ended up being I'm not too optimistic about it but I'm interested to see where the story goes. Feels a post-apocalyptic setting which got me intrigued a bit. Also let's see whether the fanfare Wakui had for TR carries over to his new series or not.
ARK-13Apr 12, 6:54 AM
Apr 14, 8:07 AM

Sep 2011
I was kind of snoozing until the meteor shower. Now I'm interested to see where this goes
Apr 14, 8:13 AM
May 2021
Decent start kets see how well this manga holds up!
Apr 14, 8:18 AM

Dec 2022
goated first chapter
Apr 14, 8:23 AM
Jan 2022
okay first chapter, not as into it as tkr first time, but okay. I'm excited to see if it acc stays as a delinquent/gang manga or leans more into superpowers or if it does become a mix of the both.
6/10 imo
Apr 14, 8:42 AM

Jun 2014
Okay, this was a fantastic chapter. Definitely gonna enjoy the ride with this one. Tattoo based powers maybe? Cool idea, need to see more to understand what the power system is like.
:3
Apr 14, 9:08 AM
Jul 2022
surprisingly good first chapter. I know literally nothing about Tokyo Revengers so with unclouded eyes I am excited to see where this goes.
Apr 14, 9:20 AM
Jun 2022
KEN WAKUI IS A GENIUS
Apr 14, 9:26 AM

Sep 2022
Wow, I really love the artstyle, character dynamics, and that tried and true message of being strong to protect the weak! This chapter had some powerful spreads and clever panel composition to boot. Loving the bond shared between Hibaru and Terasu and looking forward to the type of people they'll grow into as well as the rest of the family. Sci-fi meets yakuza, getting hitman Reborn vibes, except this time with the MC not being so whiny! Greatly looking forward to reading more and learning more about their world! Also, first astro baby, then astro note, and now Astro Royale?! Yare, yare...
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 14, 9:30 AM
Mar 2016
so far, so good :D I’m really interested to see how Hibaru’s relationship with his siblings is gonna shift now that some of them gained powers from the meteor, and I can’t wait to see where things go from here!

I’ve also never started reading a manga the same day it’s been released, so it should be fun seeing the weekly discourse/theories in real time ^_^
Apr 14, 9:30 AM

Sep 2022
KRD2 said:
surprisingly good first chapter. I know literally nothing about Tokyo Revengers so with unclouded eyes I am excited to see where this goes.

Same here, didn't know it was the latest work of the TR guy until looking at MAL. Having not read that series, my high expectations for this series remains untainted.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 14, 9:52 AM
Apr 2018
Hi! Can some of you recommend sites where to read the first chapter in English? I've seen some translations of it and got the main idea but I want to re-read it again.
Thanks!
Apr 14, 10:22 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Ralu_Alexandra
Hi! Can some of you recommend sites where to read the first chapter in English? I've seen some translations of it and got the main idea but I want to re-read it again.
Thanks!
@Ralu_Alexandra viz.com or mangaplus.com
Apr 14, 5:35 PM
Nov 2020
Take this man's pen away. Bro cannot write a single good chapter of anything. Pure garbage
Apr 14, 6:56 PM

Apr 2022
welp, wakui ken is back. i can't believe he even used the same character designs as tokyo revengers lol who let him cook bru. powers are an odd addition but at least it won't be the same exact thing as TR and also this mc is better than takemichi so far. let's see if this goes to complete shit too or not.
Apr 14, 9:13 PM

Aug 2018
Times for the clan have changed, but now they have changed MUCH MORE xd
It starts in a curious way, let's see how it continues.
Apr 15, 8:32 AM

Nov 2015
the main charater looks like Arajin from Bucchigiri?!

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 15, 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
I don't know why I'm giving a Ken Wakui manga another chance, but here we're again.
I'm gonna be the king of Yakuza.
Apr 15, 11:02 AM
May 2021
Tokyo revengers but Super power version lmao
Apr 15, 12:13 PM
Jan 2021
Please please please don’t axe this shonen jump. This has so much potential and I have a very good feeling that the author has learned from Tokyo revengers and is coming back with some HEAT so please give this a chance and don’t axe it after 5 chapters
Apr 15, 3:06 PM

Jul 2020
Seems like a good first chapter. Another Tokyo Revengers style manga with super powers instead of time travel sounds good to me. Hibaru and Terasu were both likeable enough and it looks like their siblings will cause plenty of drama and trouble going forward. I just hope this series can deliver on the premise unlike TR.
Apr 15, 11:30 PM

Jan 2011
Was waiting for it to end with a "put some clothes on" gag.
Apr 16, 12:03 PM

Jun 2009
Enjoyed it more than I thought I would! With author's shift from the mystery thriller genre to pure shounen, I'm still excited to see what kind of battle story he can cook. I can see one problem without the mystery aspect tethering him, that it will become predictable and repetitive, especially since we already know that the upcoming enemies are MC's adopted brothers. Tokyo Revengers if anything had some great story twists. Gonna keep reading and hoping the mangaka is on a positive trajectory.
Apr 16, 12:10 PM

Jun 2009
neromxxn said:
Take this man's pen away. Bro cannot write a single good chapter of anything. Pure garbage

Really dramatic there, aren't ya? For the shounen manga it is intended to be, it's a decent start at worse.

Tokyo Revengers actually had plenty of great chapters. It wasn't until the later arc and finale that people say it became weak.
Apr 16, 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
A very good first chapter indeed.
Apr 16, 4:25 PM

Jan 2017
Just terrible. Nothing happened except the last four pages. This author sucks.
Apr 17, 12:54 AM

May 2010
Honestly I thought this was a good first chapter. It set the scene and the steaks while developing the main characters relationships and their enemies. The powers look interesting and will hopefully lead to interesting fights. Overall im all in and hope it can keep the momentum going.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Negai no Astro Chapter 8 Discussion

ARK-13 - Today

2 by bboy_OatsnRice »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Negai no Astro Chapter 7 Discussion

AbstractBlue - Jun 2

3 by otakuweek »»
Jun 6, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Negai no Astro Chapter 6 Discussion

AbstractBlue - May 26

4 by Shironasu »»
May 31, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Negai no Astro Chapter 5 Discussion

AbstractBlue - May 19

9 by Tamer2002 »»
May 22, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Negai no Astro Chapter 4 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 12

8 by Tamer2002 »»
May 22, 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.