Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2022 3:00 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:30 (JST) This thread has been unlocked

A reminder of some rules:

• Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeDec 27, 2022 7:29 AM
Dec 27, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
Remember folks, SMOKING DOESN’T KILL YOU… in fact it saves you from the jaws of death. Don’t believe me? Ask Aki then… 

Though in all seriousness, it feels ecstatic whenever a show-off fails miserably and thus it happened with Sawatari. Neither did she kill Aki, nor could save herself in the end.. well not like anyone cares about her. Anyways to the main part, Denji vs Katana Man round 2 with ever so high stakes, because if not this time then.. it’d be quite boring to see these two fight again and again if nothing else lol.

We all are familiar with trains, right? Means of transport after all but they do hold well when it comes to executing iconic action scenes, had plenty of them in hollywood but we got one right here too, a fight to death and extreme bloody at that. Mappa didn’t censor a speck of blood and the action scenes itself were adapted well. But of course this ain’t the end, as kicking the balls tournament took the spotlight. Felt for Katana bro.. like man you all right???  

Also anyone with Hemophobia, you guys SHOULD STAY AWAY from this episode, like Denji will from that door.

The most hype anime of the century. Mappa promised plenty, and did work on most of them I guess. So it’s it for now, but the mindless fun will get more and more intense going forward.

Reze with an appearance in the end, quite a cliffhanger.

Jun 2019
Can't believe that this season is already over. Chainsaw Man has been made with so much love and passion that I really appreciate Ryuu Nakayama and his team. Started the episode with Himeno, my beloved. I still miss you a lot. It was very nice to see her in Aki's memories. What an end to this season.

Amazing action with Peak CGI and incredible animation. Loved the nut-kicking scene as well. The Eve ED was so fucking good with great Hayakawa Family visuals. AHHH!!! Thank you so much for this amazing adaptation Ryu Nakayama and his team and MAPPA. You guys did an incredible job.

REZE!!!

Jul 2017
As Aki is being choked by Himeno's Ghost Devil controlled by Akane, he sees his life with her pass through, only to be met with sympathy of the past relations he had: smoking, and the ability to feel her life reverberate around him. And with no hesitation, taking down the Ghost Devil as a sign of remembrance of her.

Kobeni coming in discreetly for the clutch, and it's clear that she wasn't in the right mindset. As Denji and Power reach their way towards the Samurai Sword dude, the zombie corpse party that Denji didn't want to fend and letting Power have it all alone, the former faces the terrorists and Katana Man himself, only to face the same resistance again. The CGI fight on the train is really well done and stylish all at the same time, with Katana Man getting an upper hand against Denji, breaking off his chainsaw arms left and right, plus his head, forgetting that his leg has a full length's blade to call his victory.

Denji isn't satisfied with this though and calls on Aki to have a nut shot contest for torture revenge for Himeno's requiem. Aki feels relentless at the beginning, but eventually gives in for the fun. It's a shame that Akane got severed before the Public Safety could divulge any information from her of the Gun Devil, and when it comes to Denji's dream, a door hidden in a strange corner of Pochita's true self locked behind the door to not open it, it's ominous.

The finale ED by Eve, it's a definitive end for an OK song, showcasing the family dynamic of Aki, Denji and Power.

The biggest hype of 2022, well deserved to Tatsuki Fujimoto and MAPPA under director Ryu Nakayama.

KANLen09Dec 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Jul 2021
The fight between Aki and Snake Devil continues. There was a Himeno flashback that got me missing her, hmm it’s a minority for minors to smoke for sure, it’s either because of one’s footprint or laws that were made in their state could legalize the access / usage of smoking but that’s really uncommon anyways. The cigarette that Aki hold somewhat leads his way for easy revenge lol Snake devil’s head got chopped for good. Kobeni w/ her knife on Akane’s neck, she ain’t that scared at all like she used to back then.

Power’s crazy af with the usual “HER GLORY IS MINE” moment when massacring the zombie. Denji met Katana man along the way, people will get infected by zombies and turned into one, there is a rarity for a cure so what gotta be done is to kill them with/without remorse. Denji’s been living in boundaries when he was young so there goes his lacking in education from the stages, he just wants to get his goal smoothly done but there is still more way to go for him to finish the line. Katana man vs Denji was amazing, my anticipation hits a huge mark there, I love the amount of intense and it was quite a hasty one , the grandad dialogues were really amusing lmao. I love the scene where Aki and Denji was beating the shit out of Katana man 

ED has no separate visual unfortunately, but it was nice seeing the trios! the song is Eve’s standard as always. REZE's VOICE AT THE END THOUGH…

Overall, I don’t see CSM as something unique and different as to what most of my mutuals are telling me BUT it’s better than most Shounens nowadays because it has a competent writing and presentation that never got me bored in the slightest, it’s letting me pay attention to any of the details within each and every episode to get rid of  vague ideas from a first watcher perspective. Really looking forward to the next arc though because it’s where I think Denji’s development and the fun outshines more.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 27, 2022 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
They went with an action packed episode with an attempt to give us the audience a huge sendoff for this season. Not going to lie, I think this episode's music was the best yet in the season so far.

Denji fought with his heart out and we got glorified violence for a decent chunk of the episode. What a season! Seriously, I believe this one lived up to its hype from start to finish. Seems we may not be getting season 2 or part 2 for awhle? 
Dec 27, 2022 7:31 AM

Jun 2021
So finally the last Ep ended with a great fight. Liked the whole season. Hope to see the next season soon.

But then Again read the manga guys. As I can't imagine them animating every single details. They did skip some parts of the manga in this as well.

Yandere_@lover
Dec 27, 2022 7:32 AM
Mar 2022
Well ep 12 was kinda good tho,, was waiting for nut cracking tournament but it wasn’t good as expected,, well still it was good enough
Also didn’t expected Reze coming, it was so good to see her💖
Hope part 2 is coming soon
Dec 27, 2022 7:34 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty epic finale and Reze's here!

And that's it, end of season 1. Was a pretty solid adaptation overall. There's many upcoming stuff I wanna see animated so looking forward to season 2 whenever that is.
Dec 27, 2022 7:36 AM

Dec 2020
Never change Power lol. 

Can't wait for Season 2!
Dec 27, 2022 7:45 AM
Jun 2019
this was good adaptation from mappa but i want new director for csm s2 because i dont like how the director really want to force realistic movements in anime and it actually looks weird,I want fights that use more 2D drawing techniques in the s2 and I hope they don't use too much CGI
Dec 27, 2022 7:47 AM
Jun 2021
Incredible ending with beautiful animation, art and soundtrack + a sneak peek at next season. Mappa really outdid themselves with csm
Dec 27, 2022 7:50 AM
May 2020
I don't care when they use CGI sometimes but this time it was the whole fight, kinda disappointing...
Great episode overall, REZE HYPE
Dec 27, 2022 7:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was some finish! Eve of course delivers to close the curtains for this first season. Surprised they didn't announce a sequel or new work just yet, guess it might take a while then?

Expected a bit more from the fight with Denji though, the ending of that just felt too abrupt and straightforward, I guess. Just dash and there's a limb in the air, another one and it's already game over. No doubt that the other fights easily make up for it though, MAPPA's outdone themselves in many ways. In some ways, they sort of overdid it too by trying to make it a bit too realistic at times, I feel. Episode 8 nailed that however but I'd say it was more to do with the amazing direction then. 

Meanwhile, the mystery surrounding Makima thickens. I can't wait to see what that'll all be about. As for the other big fight this episode, it was kind of tense watching how Aki-san casually walked up and slit the throat, I was anticipating some sort of jumpscare any second lol. And that cigarette, god the demon really mellowed down from Himeno-senpai's feelings. Kobeni sneaking up like that was incredible too, she's definitely one to keep an eye on.

Aki-san and Denji having some fun, in the end, there was kind of hilarious from a third-person view. Don't often see that kind of thing with Shounen's main characters, it's a welcome change from the Talk no Jutsu kind of thing I suppose. He's been a pretty interesting character, to say the least, and credits to the VA for nailing the role. 

Pretty pleased, overall. Kind of like JJK, I feel like the show tried a bit too hard at times even though the better arcs have yet to come and that irked me a little bit. But it's still a solid 8/10 on my book. Can't wait for more!

Edit: Forgot to mention this earlier but the music, oh man! I just love Kensuke Ushio-san's work and some of the chill tracks in particular from the show were just fabulous. Not saying the action-themed ones weren't but it's the chill ones in particular that I feel only he's able to create and I'm just a crazy fan of that. 
_MushiRock11_Dec 27, 2022 10:08 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 27, 2022 8:00 AM

May 2018
Reiner_vulcan99 said:
this was good adaptation from mappa but i want new director for csm s2 because i dont like how the director really want to force realistic movements in anime and it actually looks weird,I want fights that use more 2D drawing techniques in the s2 and I hope they don't use too much CGI
That would be the worst decision ever. The realistic direction suits chainsaw man pretty well, it suits pretty much all of fujimotos works tbh. 
Only thing they could improve in s2 is using less cgi for some hype moments, but it's not that big of a problem.
Dec 27, 2022 8:01 AM

Apr 2019
Best anime this season. I enjoyed the finale a lot. I hope Mappa releases S2 quickly. I can't wait to see some of the later panels animated. Also the Eve ending was great. 5/5.
Dec 27, 2022 8:07 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
decent episode, nothing ground breaking. probably, one of the few better episodes in this season.

overall all this season was mediocre at best, there was barely anything to appreciate.

i will rate this season 4/10.
Dec 27, 2022 8:08 AM

Jan 2009
they showed the uncensored beheading of Akane wow

Himeno best girl still

and glimpse of Reze

Dec 27, 2022 8:08 AM

Oct 2021
Greatest anime of 2022 i have no words... they teased reze at the end but man i really would love to see them announce s2 asap.
Dec 27, 2022 8:10 AM
Feb 2018
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
decent episode, nothing ground breaking. probably, one of the few better episodes in this season.

overall all this season was mediocre at best, there was barely anything to appreciate.

i will rate this season 4/10.

Is it that bad?
Bcs i read the manga more than 10 times
Watched every episode more than 15 times, and i think it's good enough
Or maybe i'm fanboying csm too much?
Dec 27, 2022 8:11 AM
Feb 2018
Pretty mediocre series in the end. All of the characters were annoying and unlikeable, and the plot was boring and cliché. There was hardly anything setting it apart from a generic shonen except a bit more blood. The hype was undeserved.
Dec 27, 2022 8:11 AM

Apr 2021
This whole season was amazing!!! I really liked this episode. Aki could get his 'easy revenge' and they beat Katana man. The best part in this episode was Reze's appearance. What a great way to end this season!!! Hopefully there's a season 2. 
9/10 for this one!!!
Dec 27, 2022 8:14 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
firstawa said:
maybe i'm fanboying csm too much?
probably this. anyone who isn't a fanboy can tell csm is mediocre so far, annoying horny main character, plot goes nowhere for the first 10 episodes, like nothing is good about it.also, cgi ruined many action scenes which was one of plus point for csm.

NocturnSunshower said:
There was hardly anything setting it apart from a generic shonen except a bit more blood. The hype was undeserved.
pretty much this. csm is just another seasonal generic shounen with no redeeming qualities.
Dec 27, 2022 8:14 AM

Nov 2016
Ended exactly where we expected it to end

Anime of the season and we haven't even started yet 9/10

deg said:

Too bad they didn't show her giving head uncensored. Now that would've been revolutionary.
FMmatronDec 27, 2022 8:25 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2022 8:36 AM
Jul 2022
Top 4th my favourite anime in this season only behind Bleach TYBW, Mob and Bocchi. Goodjob CSM.
Dec 27, 2022 8:42 AM

Jan 2009
FMmatron said:
deg said:

Too bad they didn't show her giving head uncensored. Now that would've been revolutionary.

lol you read too much doujinshi dude
Dec 27, 2022 8:50 AM

Jul 2022
Great final episode, Katana vs. Chainsaw went hard asf!!
Reze teaser at the end was also very cool. Fingers crossed we get a Bomb Girl movie next and then a Season 2 to wrap up Part 1. So hype.
Dec 27, 2022 8:53 AM

Jan 2008
Just yes. Simple and sound.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Dec 27, 2022 8:54 AM
Sep 2015
12 episodes are really too short, but well, it's hard to do a quality control on a long running series.
I love the CBT part, and when Aki, Denji, and Power live like a family, though they're already a family to me!

This is one of the anime you know there must be a sequel even without any announcement.
Dec 27, 2022 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
Sweet they actually teased Reze for season 2. Good finale, I'd say 8/10 overall for season 1.

The early content of CSM was never that great to begin with so I do expect a step up in quality for season 2 (fuck movies unless it's for the conclusion), but as far as season 1 goes I thought MAPPA's adaptation was solid although it wasn't perfect either. I think the art, sound design, soundtracks, voice acting, and direction were all great but I do agree that the CGI, even if it was well produced, was used too often. I would've preferred a lot more drawn genga for the fight choreography especially since the production schedule given was actually better than most anime get.
KneelBeforeMeDec 27, 2022 9:00 AM
Dec 27, 2022 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
Very good! I will eagerly wait for cour 2.

I hope they will also do different EDs in each episode it's so fun to watch!
Dec 27, 2022 9:02 AM

Feb 2022
The "Nut Devil" strikes again

I liked the ED, Aki and the idiots doing normal stuff
Dec 27, 2022 9:08 AM
Mar 2018
I thought it was good, but not that great. I know there's better stuff to come, so 7/10
Dec 27, 2022 9:10 AM

May 2018
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
probably this. anyone who isn't a fanboy can tell csm is mediocre so far, annoying horny main character, plot goes nowhere for the first 10 episodes, like nothing is good about it.also, cgi ruined many action scenes which was one of plus point for csm.
It is not mediocre tho? sure it isn't anything groundbreaking, but still one of the best starts of shounen out there. This season set out the story perfectly for the upcoming parts. 

You mention the mc being annoying and horny, that is a pretty subjective thing to say, he has more things going on than that. 
Tho i do agree the action scenes could have been better if they weren't cgi, but don't really care about that when every other scene has amazing character acting. 
Dec 27, 2022 9:12 AM
Mar 2015
That's the ball game. Smoke 'em if you got 'em  Don't open that door Denji Public transportation can be hazardous to your health

Nov 2019
Denji telling Power to not alert the zombies and she is just like that friend that will make weird noises when you are trying to talk to your mom/dad on the phone.

I initially planned on reading the manga when I saw how much hype was around it, and then they announce the anime a bit later. So I decided not to in the end cause I wanted to experience it without any prior expectations. I'm glad I made that decision because the anime certainly live out my curiosity and as well as my expectations. This anime had everything in it, with gore, some action-packed scenes, and some grotesque stuffs, especially that one scene. But everything combined was just a blast from the beginning till the end. 

9.0/10.

Jul 2012
Not much fighting going down from the other characters besides the final clash between the Chainsaw and the Katana. Was hoping we'd get to see more of Kobeni in action and Kishibe to see what he's capable of. Now that the Ghost, Snake and Katana devils are captured I wonder what'll happen to them. Just imprisoned? Can Devils die? I loved Makima's smile near the end there too when she said all the pieces were starting to move. We're one step closer to hunting down the Gun Devil! Also after the ED, Aki smoking the last cigarette from Himeno aw. And Denji's dream at the end is the same one we saw at the beginning of the first episode. The last episode has left me with so many questions now.

Such an awesome finale and ED. I can't wait for the next part.
Dec 27, 2022 9:18 AM
May 2021
The quality in the fight scene was really good in this episode 🔥🔥. Nice end, let's see when sequel season or movie will come
Dec 27, 2022 9:19 AM
Jun 2019
Damn they used a lot of CGI, not complaining though. I'm starting to like the CGI heads more and more. I know it's CGI, but it doesn't break immersion anymore.

Also, Reze tease at the end. Thanks MAPPA.

Hi
Dec 27, 2022 9:20 AM

Jan 2021
Aki still thinking back to when he first met Himeno, such an sad moment but he did defeat the ghost hands or ghost devil. 

LETS GO! Denji won from that idiot Katana Man who literally killed Himeno, now he will pay his price by Denji & Aki kicking him in his nuts. 

Looks like Akane did her own suicide or it was an order from the Gun Devil, she prolly couldn't face the consequences or be questioned by the Devil hunters.

That ending though, we got a glimpse of someone and it literally ends there. 

Overall an incredible anime. I really hope for a S2.
Dec 27, 2022 9:23 AM
May 2021
Because of the gore and last scene, I absofuckinglutely liked it

Aug 2019
Kobeni just sticking around for her bonus felt eerily relatable

Denji figured out how to deal with Power, awakened as the less dumber of the 2

Sep 2021
The battle was good, sad it ended, hope we get season 2 soon.
I give it 6/10.
Dec 27, 2022 9:24 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
The train fight scene was really cool!!

And it looks like the Nut Devil strikes again.

Overall, I really enjoyed this season. Kind of sad to see it go.
KayKimiiDec 27, 2022 9:33 AM
Dec 27, 2022 9:25 AM

Aug 2017
A great series with an amazing cast and one of the best shounen from the new era. Dark and ruthless shounen we desperately need. I want to add a full anime adaptation must happen in the future. 10/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 27, 2022 9:25 AM
Jul 2021
OP_Rider said:
So finally the last Ep ended with a great fight. Liked the whole season. Hope to see the next season soon.

But then Again read the manga guys. As I can't imagine them animating every single details. They did skip some parts of the manga in this as well.

lmao. Ngl, i legit thought 550÷2 was 225.
Dec 27, 2022 9:26 AM
Jan 2017
That was a good season, a great 8/10 for me, the fighting was kinda weak but still a great show.
Dec 27, 2022 9:28 AM
Jan 2022
I dunno why, I really enjoyed this whole series, prob one of my fav, but I thought this last episode was bit of a boring.

This is just my opinion. Please don't get offended.
Dec 27, 2022 9:28 AM
Feb 2022
Good Cliffhanger
Dec 27, 2022 9:29 AM
May 2019
Looking forward to the second season, not bad at all if you get used to CGI
Overall 7 out of 10 for me, power is the best girl! 
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

388 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.