Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 18, 2022 12:28 AM
Mar 2021
I'm glad the games I play are adapted into anime. And I'm never bored with the plot because I enjoy the game hehehe. Waiting for S2 :)
Dec 18, 2022 2:22 AM
Jan 2017
Blackzynga said:
its pretty good, actually this is the first anime I liked that is based on a game. the other anime I watched based on game was kings raid but kinda meh to me

Try watching doll frontline
Dec 18, 2022 2:25 AM
Jan 2017
Misha did nothing wrong,
Amiya stilll Naive sometime, avoid killing in war? what the fuck.. after this event would she growing into mature leader,,??
i love this anime,, everything,, 9/10
Dec 18, 2022 2:53 AM
Dec 2014
x2kill4 said:
Blackzynga said:
its pretty good, actually this is the first anime I liked that is based on a game. the other anime I watched based on game was kings raid but kinda meh to me

Try watching doll frontline
I really wouldnt recommend GFL anime, I used to play the game but still didnt liked the anime... I recommend princess connect redive anime, one of best game based anime, also recommend Fate grand order anime if youre fate fan...
Dec 18, 2022 4:45 AM

Oct 2008
well this sucks! Amiya has ZERO conviction! better let them all fall!
2/5.
4/10.

Dec 18, 2022 8:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Unfortunately in that situation there was no way to take out Skull non lethally. Really feel for Amiya though having been forced to make that kind of choice. W though really is bold. It was sad seeing Misha take that route despite the work that was put in to save her. But seeing the team rally around Amiya in her time of crisis was nice to see. Franka and Liskarm though make a great pair. The best leaders are those that both lead from the front and have the charisma to draw their followers to him and Skull is exactly that. Though the crisis was averted in the end the cost sure was high. While Amiya's dedication to her way of doing things is admirable against Reunion it's one that she'll be hard pressed to maintain. But finding a way to break the cycle of hatred will be one thing that I think Amiya would be able to focus on. Which will be perfect for the 2nd season of the show that was just announced.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2022 1:55 PM
Feb 2020
matias067 said:
well this sucks! Amiya has ZERO conviction! better let them all fall!
2/5.
4/10.

If Amiya had zero conviction she would have failed to kill Skullshaterer. It's precisely because she did have that CONVICTION, she was able to do so. If she did not have CONVICTION, she would have let everyone die in Chernobog. Ch'en sees that, but realizes she is naïve and scolds her for being an indecisive leader. I'm sure she will grow from that and remember fact that her indecisiveness cost Misha her life.
Dec 18, 2022 2:44 PM

Feb 2014
Okay, this was a very cliche and anticlimactic outcome. Misha dying ruined the only driving force of this anime, which was to protect Misha. Basically meaning "forget everything you have watched" lol It was like running in circles, and then stop exactly where you have started.

Well, if that was used for Amiya to get stronger that was very cliche, and there are surely better ways for that. And I doubt Amiya will change in a big way because of that - which didn´t seem the case, unless they decide to screw up Amiya´s character.

This anime is probably meant for those who play the game, cause everything seemed very random.

5/10
TechOtakuDec 18, 2022 3:03 PM
Dec 18, 2022 2:51 PM
Oct 2009
Anyone know what happened to the low-end of the audio in the episode? With both the vocals and the SFX its like whoever was mixing it accidentally muted the lows or something.
Dec 18, 2022 3:42 PM
Sep 2017
Vi- said:
This anime is probably meant for those who play the game, cause everything seemed very random.

This has been a straight 1:1 adaptation (with more context added) to the point that many people feel like that was the greatest flaw. So if you feel lost you would have felt just as lost playing the game.

Vi- said:
It was like running in circles, and then stop exactly where you have started.

That was kind of the point in game, so I guess woo you caught it. Prelude to Dawn is chapters 0-3(17k / 170k words in Reunion Arc) of the main story that released day 1. As with most early gatcha stories they didn't want to commit to much in any particular direction on release. And thus why it feels like it drags and some players of the game weren't happy with their decision to adapt it so faithfully.
Dec 18, 2022 8:45 PM
Sep 2018
good series. 3.5/5
amiya says doctor way too much, I feel like this would be a good drinking game?

I felt it kinda lost a bit of steam in the middle episodes but ended well.

I feel for the people in the show in general. Im also glad that the doctor really was there in the end to support amiya. She is learning that revolution and change always come with a cost. Looking forward to seing her character fleshed out more and her growth.

will def watch season 2.
Dec 19, 2022 1:38 PM

Feb 2018
I think that the ending here was a little predictable, which kind of takes away from its impact for me.
As a series overall I would say it was decent, considering I had never bothered to read the in-game story of arknights as I played through it.
Dec 19, 2022 3:06 PM

Nov 2009
corvKa said:
I think that the ending here was a little predictable, which kind of takes away from its impact for me.
As a series overall I would say it was decent, considering I had never bothered to read the in-game story of arknights as I played through it.

Well, this season 1 is technically the "Tutorial" of the game, so everything is pretty much predictable, LOL..

It's the chapters to introduce players to Rhode Islands and Reunion and their Ideals.

Most things are kept a mystery until later chapter and events that follow/ explains certain characters and how they play out and what they choose to do in the Main Story.

___ ___ ___

Also, Skullshatter and Misha is to act as the Martyrs of Reunion. But also not, cause the current Reunion technically doesn't care all that much. Tho same can be said for Rhodes Islands until Doctor starts to take over and befriend others. (Doctor before the Amnesia acts differently)

And like I said before, some ppls are confused on some plots, cause the game plots moves fairly quickly and only have a few dialogue lines before and after map stages. The anime had to rush a bit, not to mention it's only 8 episodes to stuff the chapters in.

A lot of the Main Story have some "time skips" in order to make room for event stories in between. So it jumps a bit and the timeline without events will feel off.

___ ___ ___

But yea, everything technically cames down to the fault being Ch'en.

If Ch'en hasn't decide that Lungmen has the higher authority and let Misha leave with Rhodes Island but instead lost and let Misha learn about Shullshatter...

Misha wouldn't have this outcome.

Especially since the one that dealt the killing blow to Misha is none other than Ch'en, all the while Ch'en still try to justify her actions and talks about Lungmen's force...

I hated Ch'en so much in the game, that I never bother using or leveling her up cause of her massive Ego thinking she's always right, I however did get Ch'alter, cause this "alter" is after certain events and Ch'en learned that Lungmen sucked ass (even if she still have to follow their rules, Ch'alter will try to act in a way that benefits Rhodes Island)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 19, 2022 6:41 PM
Jan 2021
Echoleon said:
Anyone know what happened to the low-end of the audio in the episode? With both the vocals and the SFX its like whoever was mixing it accidentally muted the lows or something.

it's crunchyroll's fault
Dec 20, 2022 3:29 AM

Apr 2009
Nice adaptation.

I actually play the game but I always skipped story because I found it too wordy and boring, and just couldn’t fit the time to sit through it because Arknights is my side game. So this anime is bringing me up to speed on the story which is great. I do know the characters so it makes it easier for me to understand some connections and references as opposed to anime only watchers but story itself is new to me.

About the story, I am kind of disappointed with both Amiya and doctor. I think doctor feels too static and cardboard cut out like the placeholder for player. In game that is okay because players experience story with themselves as MC and drive the story forward with their choices, but in anime this format feels really awkward and makes it hard to like the doctor. IMO they should have fleshed him out better as a stand-alone character instead of following game format.

I am on team Chen; not only Amiya’s naive approach will get people killed, but she is unnecessarily tormenting herself and others around her by denying the basic reality of her situation. Chen gave her a much needed brush with reality but I doubt it will lead to much. As a leader, Amiya is really irresponsible for constantly living inside her head while there is a very real risk her actions, or lack there of, can get her team members killed. As of right now, she does not have the necessary qualities to lead. I hope that will change in future. While I understand her emotions and her pain is valid, displaying this kind of behaviour and weakness as the leader of the faction caught between the struggle of raging rebels and the establishment is a recipe for disaster. At this point I find myself agreeing more even with reunion before agreeing with Amiya because I don’t see much value in what she is doing at the moment. Hope she will redeem herself as the story progresses.

My favourites this season: Chen, Hoshiguma, Exu, Texas, W
JagaraDec 20, 2022 3:35 AM
Dec 20, 2022 3:25 PM

Jun 2019
My 209th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Dec 20, 2022 3:49 PM

Nov 2012
Amiya was so annoying this last 2 eps, but show was ok

My Candies:

Dec 21, 2022 10:45 AM

Jul 2020
I don't know why this was made nor why I watched this, they just randomly cut a piece from the middle of some story, dragged it on for 8 eps and ended with pretty much no information about anything. If this was supposed to be a game promotion then it's failed cuz now I'm sure the game must be boring as shit.
I'm rating it 5/10 for nice graphics and character designs, and cool ED music
Dec 21, 2022 9:49 PM

Aug 2009
The final episodes pushed Arknights adaptation up a bit for me, as they were much better delivered. The whole anime was kind of a slow mess, though. Even though I enjoyed it, as I already like the franchise, I'm giving it a 7 or 6 probably.

Looking forward for season 2 asap.
Dec 22, 2022 5:17 AM
Oct 2019
Season Finale!!

Definitely a sad ending for Misha and also Amiya.
But it's a fcking war and you can't save everyone.

RIP Misha.

I'm not an Arknight players, have no idea what's the story about beside seeing some clip of the gameplay on Youtube Ads.
If only i have more spare time i might actually try to play the game.

I'm actually digging the story, sadly we have to wait till the next season.
Can't wait for "Arknights: Perish in Frost", hopefully there will be more episodes.

Banger OP and ED.
7/10
Dec 22, 2022 2:54 PM

May 2019
Rio- said:
Gsarthotegga said:
Was anyone else disappointed that none of the Penguin Logistics girls were penguin girls? Also, since penguins make me think of a chilly environment, should Texas instead be named Alaska? This has been bothering me for a while, and the ending didn't help lead me to any conclusions.
Texas Codename here refers to the Extinct Texas Wolf or Canis Lupus Monstrabilis, because She's a Lupo originally from Columbia (which is Terra's counterpart of United States). And also because it's her own Surname which was revealed in one the newest Arknights CN Side Story Event. And sadly, This is the last time you'll see Penguin Logistics appears in Main Story so you wont get any lead about them if you only read the Main Story.

As for the Penguin you mentioned. Its leader is an Actual Penguin that could talk and rap named 'Emperor'. And might be the coolest character in Arknights for me, no pun intended. Also 'Holy Knight Light' OVA featured him alongside Texas and Exusiai as Main Characters btw.

--------

As for the Episode, I might be a bit biased on this one because of how good the adaptation is comparing to the actual game story imo... But I'll give it 5/5 for this episode alone. My disappointment is just that because of PRC Censorship, they cant really show blood and murders much for the whole season cuz when Ch'en stabbed Misha, It's quite bloody in the game from what i remembered.

But still, cant wait for Season 2. Where the title is already a spoiler.

"Censorship" is just a crutch that people are using to try to explain the lack of blood. This isn't much of an issue in China, (looking at you Link-Click), and there hasn't been any indication of any censorship that would of taken place. The most logical explanation is it was a creative direction decision. Also it isn't that bloody in the Act 0. It ramps up in later chapters, especially because of some of the events that happen.
Dec 24, 2022 10:17 AM

Apr 2020
It was OK, because the ending felt incomplete or rushed. When compared to the game, animation doesn't incapsulate this arc very well.
Dec 24, 2022 6:18 PM

Feb 2021
Personally I didn't like this show an insane amount. But me being me, I will be watching the next season (I'm pretty sure there is one). The main thing I liked abou this series is the fight scenes but I still would have liked more information on the characters. I think it would have made them more interesting to watch. But still, I guess it watch enojyable enough to watch.
Dec 26, 2022 5:32 AM
Aug 2022
It was interesting to watch that how Amiya who always saw goodness inside everyone's heart came to accept that you can't stop someone from being influenced by bad leading to only one solution.
Dec 26, 2022 8:16 AM

Nov 2016
Don't really understand why people hate / dislike it so much? For the record I haven't played the game, nor have I watched any content related to the original source, including story nor characters, but I think that this was pretty great. The players have been saying that this was the preparation for the story to really start, and although I think it lacked in a lot of character development (because out of Amiya and Doctor no one gets a bit of development, not that I was expecting any, but they could have made some SoL things in Rhodes to introduce more characters and give personality to others out of battle experience) it was still pretty good for a game adaptation.

I personally don't mind the lack of blood, specially since most of the enemies were always getting knocked out and not killed and in terms of the world building I think that the set-up is rather clear so IMO they did a pretty good job explaining it in 8 episodes. Now with the biggest problem I had, Amiya, I just read someone saying that she is 14yo and honestly IDC, she is slow af in everything except protecting the Doctor, I will love to see her development, but I dislike a lot this type of characters.

And wtf are people talking about the protecting Misha was the only thing going on in the plot?? It's true that the mission was to protect / capture her, and as soon as Ch'en saw that she allied herself with the enemy there wasn't any need to keep her alive. She was damaging and killing allay tropes, and she wasn't going to change her mind plus the objective, as they said earlier was to capture her, so Reunion wasn't able to get any information out of her. She even told W that she didn't have any information, so basically, Reunion didn't need her anymore and Lungmen failed their mission, and from how Ch'en and the kids talked before it is pretty reasonable what Lungmen did to an infected who was a menace and wasn't useful.

Anyway an 8
Dec 26, 2022 8:23 AM

Mar 2010
mBlazi said:
Rio- said:
Texas Codename here refers to the Extinct Texas Wolf or Canis Lupus Monstrabilis, because She's a Lupo originally from Columbia (which is Terra's counterpart of United States). And also because it's her own Surname which was revealed in one the newest Arknights CN Side Story Event. And sadly, This is the last time you'll see Penguin Logistics appears in Main Story so you wont get any lead about them if you only read the Main Story.

As for the Penguin you mentioned. Its leader is an Actual Penguin that could talk and rap named 'Emperor'. And might be the coolest character in Arknights for me, no pun intended. Also 'Holy Knight Light' OVA featured him alongside Texas and Exusiai as Main Characters btw.

--------

As for the Episode, I might be a bit biased on this one because of how good the adaptation is comparing to the actual game story imo... But I'll give it 5/5 for this episode alone. My disappointment is just that because of PRC Censorship, they cant really show blood and murders much for the whole season cuz when Ch'en stabbed Misha, It's quite bloody in the game from what i remembered.

But still, cant wait for Season 2. Where the title is already a spoiler.

"Censorship" is just a crutch that people are using to try to explain the lack of blood. This isn't much of an issue in China, (looking at you Link-Click), and there hasn't been any indication of any censorship that would of taken place. The most logical explanation is it was a creative direction decision. Also it isn't that bloody in the Act 0. It ramps up in later chapters, especially because of some of the events that happen.
As much as I previously mocked the people spouting "china censorship" I just can't help but feel robbed with that Ch'en bodyslamming into Misha scene. Super awkward directing for what should have been the climax of the show. 
When Crownslayer slit some random guard throats a couple of episodes back, it was reasonably graphic, with blood splatters and blood pooling which was my main source of hopium that they're just taking a different approach. Sadly, from what I've seen of anime-only discussion, people weren't even sure what happened in the resolution. Lots of anime onlies thought Misha was just knocked out, and then characters talking how she's dead and gone just seems to come out of nowhere.

Dec 26, 2022 12:16 PM

May 2019
null said:
mBlazi said:

As much as I previously mocked the people spouting "china censorship" I just can't help but feel robbed with that Ch'en bodyslamming into Misha scene. Super awkward directing for what should have been the climax of the show. 
When Crownslayer slit some random guard throats a couple of episodes back, it was reasonably graphic, with blood splatters and blood pooling which was my main source of hopium that they're just taking a different approach. Sadly, from what I've seen of anime-only discussion, people weren't even sure what happened in the resolution. Lots of anime onlies thought Misha was just knocked out, and then characters talking how she's dead and gone just seems to come out of nowhere.
That is also Crunchyroll's fault as the audio was screwed up, so the audio cue for the stab was not as audible, but yeah the execution of it was a bit strange, hell myself thought she smacked her or something.
Dec 27, 2022 12:35 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Didn't have any expectations whatsoever on this but I think it turned out to be a fairly decent introduction actually. 

I really enjoyed the setting, colour palette, music (especially the glorious Op & ED), and just the overall vibe of mystery in the air. On the downside, there are the not-so impressable characters, lack of choreography in some of the fights, and the slight drag in the middle of the story.

I really like this deserves a 6/10 but I'll stick with a 7/10 for now. Looking forward to the sequel after reading through some of the comments above, seems like the story will only get better from here on...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 28, 2022 9:49 AM
Sep 2021
started decent ended generic
Dec 29, 2022 10:36 PM
Mar 2021
Op and Ed was banger
Sad for Misha and his brother Skull shatter
Waiting for S2
Dec 31, 2022 8:15 AM

Feb 2008
A prime example why you don't do game adaptation, because trying to present a game mechanic in anime is really hard, and most of the time we get a very cliché and boring story.
misha dead 10/10
overall disappointing 4/10
Jan 1, 2023 8:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not gonna regret Misha xD Hm they gave this series quite the effort for a mobile game adaptation but mobile game stories are just so meh that it doesn't really make the anime decent, would say it's just average but still better than a lot of mobile game adaptations despite being short. 5/10
Jan 12, 2023 12:19 AM

Feb 2021
Oh no Misha is dead...

But why She's so important for Reunion? Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 18, 2023 9:01 AM

Apr 2011
Oh. Misha died...Oh well. 

I never play the game, but I find this show really good. 

Jan 22, 2023 7:44 PM
Sep 2008
So 8 episodes...Ok
Jan 27, 2023 3:38 PM
Apr 2020
It was exactly like the game, but animated.
Feb 20, 2023 12:47 AM

Sep 2018
That was awesome, and really well directed. Nothing boring about this short series, nor is it hard to follow. A pretty damn good intro into the world of Arknights, sets up a potential 2nd season very well. 8/10. 
Apr 17, 2023 10:22 PM

Jun 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
That was awesome, and really well directed. Nothing boring about this short series, nor is it hard to follow. A pretty damn good intro into the world of Arknights, sets up a potential 2nd season very well. 8/10. 
The direction on this was really quite masterful in general, but particularly for the type of series it was. Some of the voice acting and OST usage was powerful as well; the latter more limited yet very impactfully underscored several dramatic, tense, and emotional moments. On and off I'm still thinking about and coming back to as well as rewatching certain scenes, especially in the later episodes centered on the climactic battle near the insurgents' outpost base in the quarry area. It helped make this series in a big way and what was most rewarding is that it's simply not something I expected from a CGI-animated short series based on a mobile phone game.

In that sense it's a series I could even envision myself in the future going back to retroactively rate higher than I initially did if it goes on for substantially longer.
WatchTillTandavaApr 17, 2023 10:27 PM
Aug 7, 2023 12:35 AM

Nov 2016
have played the game a bit and wanted to watch, IMHO its meh. it should be a standalone and somewhat lay down the backstory more for those not familiar (but decides to watch it on a whim)

everything looked too pretty, but there werent many actiony stuff. hopefully the 2nd season can slow down and unwind what their world is like. like how rhodes can actually save people and stuff. we didnt get to see either of their bases or resources...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Sep 24, 2023 10:54 AM
Jun 2020
cant wait for season 2
Oct 21, 2023 6:35 PM

Jan 2022
I liked how Amiya spoke of her feelings after killing Skullshatterer and how Doctor accepted her Sacrifice. And then W strolls in like a fucking boss and drops another bomb on Amiya. That talk between Misha and Amiya was painful to witness. Powerful writing and an excellent chain of hard punches towards the audience. And then W comes to fuck with Misha as well. Goddamn, that woman is a barrel of laughs.
Nov 26, 2023 6:56 AM
Nov 2023
i can say this episode have plot hole , but still good and recomend for watching, even if you don't play the game you can know about story in game
Dec 21, 2023 4:35 AM
May 2023
trama 10/10
personajes 9/10
animacion 9/10
personaje fav y waifu: amiya

(opinion personal)
Mar 11, 6:21 PM
Mar 2019
Not the best, but had to keep watching.
May 15, 8:15 AM

Aug 2008
Such bullshit tropes, where everyone is guilt tripping over oh no killing someone in war and no one dares to spell that this someone was a suicide bomber who would have died regardless but also taken others with him. Because if they spelled that the whole drama would have been impossible to pull off.
Moralfаgs in anime is why I hardly watch it these days.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it canon that the doctor is a caucasian?

Papa_Scorch - Apr 23, 2023

6 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 9, 2022

68 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.