Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2022 3:14 PM
Aug 2021
extremly good episode!
Dec 13, 2022 3:16 PM

Feb 2015
Big Brain time

The Future Rocks

Dec 13, 2022 3:17 PM
Mar 2020
Interested in the training to come.
Dec 13, 2022 3:22 PM

Sep 2011
I feel like this episode is a good example of what makes CSM work outside of its big plot moments that everyone focuses on usually, its a really good mix of melancholy and dumb humor and it somehow balances the two, Denji and power sharing a single braincell has always been a treat and I got a kick out of their idea of being smart meaning they just put on glasses. kishibe is always a character I enjoyed but its been so long I forgot how fucked up he was so this episode was a blast.

The music choice and way they generally showcased the grief slowly creeping up on Aki remembering Himeno was great, it was very subdued in its portrayal alongside how far gone they portray his mental state. All around great handling of what i think was only like a page in the manga

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 13, 2022 3:28 PM
Apr 2022
Fun episode, animation looked fantastic, one of the best episodes in that regard. Loved the glasses scene that was hilarious, glad to see denji and power growing closer. Ed was super surprising, didn’t expect it to be that good
Dec 13, 2022 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
haha, denji and power got their asses kicked
it's nice to see them working together , though

I wonder what Aki's new power is gonna be and wether or not he'll get to put it to good use considering what little time he has left.
Dec 13, 2022 3:47 PM
Oct 2022
love it,quiet episode, but with impressive animation and direction
Dec 13, 2022 3:47 PM

Aug 2022
Seeing Aki like that really hit me hard, but then Denji and Power's carelessness broke the tension and turned the sadness into something somewhat comical. Their training was brutal and super entertaining! And now we get to see the Future Devil next... this episode was so good it felt so short... I already need more!!
Dec 13, 2022 3:51 PM
Aug 2022
super cool ending this episode, might be my favorite so far honestly! loved seeing power in glasses, i've been waiting to see that animated ever since i read this part in the manga so i was really excited :)) and ofc kishibe my boy!! love him, and the voice actor is excellent. cant wait for next week to see aki and the future devil <3
Dec 13, 2022 4:12 PM

Dec 2019
Thas crazy we're already at episode 10 and there's only 2 more episodes left. If it were me, I ain't sacrificing shit of my body for a contract or the Public Safety organization
Dec 13, 2022 4:29 PM

Apr 2015
What an insane idea for training someone
Dec 13, 2022 4:41 PM

Jul 2022
Good episode. Kishibe, my goat, finally getting shown off. I was expecting a little more of the training from Power and Denji this episode, and maybe showing the Future Devil outright, but I guess it's alright. Two episodes left, I'm getting worried we won't finish this arc!

And if we do, I'd like to see if they tease the next arc too.
Dec 13, 2022 4:57 PM

May 2015
It seems like kobeni thankfully scared them off last episode and the battle is over. It definitely was a loss though considering nearly all the human devil hunters got wiped out from division 4. Denji and Power's training arc this episode was pretty cool. Excited to see them beat their teacher.
Dec 13, 2022 5:06 PM
Jul 2017
Every Chainsawman episode is amazing!
Dec 13, 2022 5:22 PM

Jan 2011
I think the Kishibe training might be my favourite animated fight so far.
Dec 13, 2022 5:27 PM

Jul 2021
Kenjirou was the best VA to be chosen for Kishibe because he sounds so refining. Operation smart was very well animated on the other hand, Power and Denji look in glasses. Aki seems to have a limit in his life span, oh well hope he cherish those leftovers!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 13, 2022 5:47 PM
Feb 2022
eraaaaaaaaaaa omg
Dec 13, 2022 5:55 PM

Apr 2022
more tsuda kenjirou, you love to see it. fun episode tbh.
Dec 13, 2022 6:05 PM

Jan 2013
This new coach is insane, gotta love the guy. If there's anyone that will make Denji and Power OP is that guy!

Aki still getting kicked, especially with 0 support from everyone around you. But i still think that we still might have a chance to save those...somehow.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 13, 2022 6:19 PM
Aug 2018
god damn so tragic show
Dec 13, 2022 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
Kishibe was the only highlight to me 😊
Dec 13, 2022 6:32 PM

Nov 2008
The ending this week reminded me of the first ending of "Zetsuen no Tempest", where the answer to the main mystery of that story was right there in front of everyone's eyes and no one recognized it.
Dec 13, 2022 6:38 PM
Mar 2022
Aki's awkward walking animation while going towards Future Devil's cell with his dangling hands reminds me how Himeno was walking in a similar way in the beginning of ending 9. Walking forward with a sense of utter hopelessness.
Dec 13, 2022 7:06 PM
Nov 2022
A beautiful episode!!!
Dec 13, 2022 7:08 PM
Nov 2019
Glad they showed Aki properly grieving Himeno's death, him only having 2 years left to live is interesting. Looks like this is how he ends up "with a couple of screw loose". I love how Denji and Power's idea of using their heads involves both of them wearing glasses.
Dec 13, 2022 7:19 PM
Nov 2021
I love Denji and power duo
Dec 13, 2022 7:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
After the crazy stuff that happened in the last few episodes looks like we’re entering a training arc, I’m not sure if Aki needs training as much as he needs a new Devil contract but I can see Power and Denji needing the training, they’re both capable of doing crazy shit and we’ve seen Denji pull off some awesome stuff but in this last arc he got his ass beat lol.

And it was fun watching the two of them take on Kishibe, first getting waxed and then making a bold attempt at being the “smart characters in manga” and trying to take him by surprise lol. And I just watched some Jojo Stone Ocean before this too, too bad Denji and Power couldn’t muster some of those platinum brains. Also Power with glasses and a ponytail looked stunning, she’s already an A-tier design but that’s an absolute upgrade imo.

And looks like Aki is gonna get his new contract with the Future Devil, I can’t imagine what kind of power it’ll have. It was also sad to see that letter from Himeno to her sister, as well as flashback to her with the lighter, definitely hit the feels a little bit. And that was a banger ED, loved the mix of live action with the animation and the song was awesome, one of my favorites for sure.
Dec 13, 2022 8:21 PM
May 2020
I still don't get how and why there are devils/demons on earth?
You know other shows at least give you a bit more background by the 10th episode.
This is why Human Bug Daigaku is AOTY! Guess I should read the manga!

Dec 13, 2022 8:26 PM

Mar 2018
The Denji Power duo is too fucking good.
Dec 13, 2022 9:17 PM

Nov 2018
No happy endings : the anime

If it doesn't stick to generic battle shounen formula too much and does something similar to Hxh, it will be truly good.
I hate everyone equally
Dec 13, 2022 9:25 PM

Aug 2017
Captain Kishibe makes his appearance and it did not disappoint.
Being the strongest devil hunter in the public safety division, he acts as a training coach to Denji and Power.
His way of training is very brutal. Often leading to Denji dying and Power being unconscious.
This forces the two devil hunters to use their brains and commence operation smart.

And we all know how that planned out.

Seeing Aki cry and mourn for Himeno in the hospital is very depressing. Doesn't help that Himeno's sister drop by to have him read a letter to her. This letter was written by Himeno wanting Aki to quit the bureau. Very touching.
Then Aki gets accompanied by two other devil hunters. They lead the way for him to make a contract with the future devil. Shits about to be nuts.

Dec 13, 2022 9:25 PM

May 2012
Kishibe was bad ass in the manga, but holy shit they did that man justice! He is fucking terrifying in motion.

I love these episode that let you reflect on everything that happened. To sit and deal with this cause of reality. People are dead, and life just keeps moving on. That's a feeling this series gives off a lot and becomes impactful every time its done.
Dec 13, 2022 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
Well... between Denji and Power, they barely form a brain but it was still a pretty decent try.

Solid episode. Scene with Aki mourning for Himeno was good and now I look forward to seeing how op this Future Devil is.
Dec 13, 2022 10:11 PM

May 2019
I was thinking how just a few episodes ago (episode 7) the team was celebrating a meal and drinks before Makima had to leave on a business trip and now the team is in disarray with Himeno and Kobeni's partner dead, kind of depressing. Now that Aki has cried for Himeno he will next form a new contract with the Future Devil. It was harsh to hear what 2 other people had to give up, 1 half their life and the other their eyes and sense of taste and smell, damn. I wonder what Aki will have to give up?

Meanwhile Denji and Power are undergoing some training and providing a bit of comedy relief. It was funny how they both wore glasses, presumably to feel smarter or something. Definitely looking forward to both what the Future Devil offers (guessing predicting future events or something) and what the price Aki will have to pay.
Dec 13, 2022 10:11 PM

Mar 2020
Feel so bad for aki. Denji, power teaming up and trying to use their wits was fun to watch. Want more of the trio together please.
Bruh i did read the manga but the anime feels so...new lmao. RIP my memory
Dec 13, 2022 10:20 PM

Oct 2021
well himeno death didn't impact whatsoever even in the manga but still i can understand what kind of tough situation aki is in like dude lost his mates, have not more than 2 years to live and still can't find gun devil to avenge his family, very messed up situation he is in if you ask me.
Dec 13, 2022 10:49 PM

Jul 2021
aki's alive. pretty unexpected but great. they didn't show how he survived though. should have shown some details. he's got 2 years left rip. aki's feelings must be in a mess after reading that letter. he never knew himeno loved him.

that sensei is too fucking OP to take on two fiends without any armour or anything. they both are immortal but he isn't.

2 more ep left. i can smell a mind-fucking cliffhanger ending.

deg said:
Denji seems heartless eh he said he can move on fast from death of his comrades even if its Makima
more like he doesn't have a deep enough bond with anyone yet whose death will affect him. we already know he's kinda heartless so just a death of some comrade won't make him sad but the death of a comrade he was close with will probably make him depressed is what i think.
TsutanaiFuunDec 13, 2022 10:52 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 13, 2022 10:59 PM
Apr 2021
The ending was really unique. kinda reminded me of FLCL's ending idk.
Dec 13, 2022 11:15 PM

May 2021
Decent episode, everything is moving and we get to know Himeno's teacher, ED was meh this time, only two episodes left, I wonder what will come, overall 6.85/10.
Dec 14, 2022 12:26 AM
Jan 2021
Aki really going through it. Hope revenge doesn't eat him alive before he gets it.

Dec 14, 2022 12:46 AM
Dec 2020
Having read the manga and felt kinda meh about EP 8 and 9, this was the strongest episode for me thus far because of the character moments and how well the training scenes were adapted.
Dec 14, 2022 1:10 AM
Apr 2021
I like how the author weaves so many small details and motifs into the story, like using the apples in this episode to show multiple characters personalities and their relationships with each other. The shot of Aki reaching for a cigarette instead of an apple because he doesn't care if he dies, he only cares about revenge, then that triggering him to cry over Himeno just like she hoped he would, then being told by the letter that him only caring about revenge is part of why Himeno is dead. Denji going back for his Manga triggering his introspection, then later showing the manga Denji left in the room. Then Denji mentioning being inspired by the smart characters from the manga later on talking with Power. There are just a lot of small little things that link up smoothly across episodes and a lot of showing instead of telling that creates character development amidst a fast-paced story. The author is good at communicating a lot of small things quickly in a natural way.
Dec 14, 2022 1:13 AM

Dec 2021
Ngl when Denji and Power decided to put their brains together to come up with a plan I was expecting an awful attempt at killing the teacher, or smt really dumb lol. But damn that teacher's cracked asf he's really strong.
Dec 14, 2022 1:17 AM
Nov 2022
It's a very good episode!!!
Dec 14, 2022 1:35 AM
Feb 2021
It was so relatable!!
Dec 14, 2022 2:12 AM

Jan 2021
Fu-fu-fu-fu-future devil is here!!!
Dec 14, 2022 2:49 AM
Mar 2020
ı love makima so much
Dec 14, 2022 3:08 AM
Nov 2022
How the Fuck did a FUTURE Devil get captured? shouldn't it just know everything that's going to happen or is that just a part of it's plan?
Dec 14, 2022 3:40 AM

Jul 2016
sjw_vegeta said:
The Denji Power duo is too fucking good.

I love it. Such a fantastic duo.
Dec 14, 2022 3:57 AM

Aug 2018
great training episode
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

984 by pargz »»
May 12, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.