Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Fiona may look cold with a stoic face on the outside. However, it was priceless to see what her inner thoughts really are like and how she feels about Loid. All those romantic delusions LOL

Anya's thoughts were priceless too. I think they did a decent job at capturing the chemistry together this episode.

May 2020
We don't see many character introductions in this series, as the cast isn't that big to begin with. Though whenever it's time to have one, they always are those extreme kinds lol. Fiona Frost aka Nightfall has a place in that bracket too, of course.

We’ve already seen Yuri, right? See what he’s like when Yor’s around. Just take Fiona as a female version of him, plus less annoying and expressive. Though she’s with Yor the same way Yuri’s with Loid. Other people may not sense but since Anya can, that brutally honest reaction on Fiona’s, “Sukiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii”, is more than a meme template lol. Though fret not, nobody’s taking the role of mama from Yor, ever.

They again went with a short mission, which is kinda hurting given it shifts away the tone to a rather filler-ish one. Just go with the regular chapters. Though the jealous bond wasn’t that bad either.

Tennis matches from next time. It was super hilarious back in manga, hope they do the justice here.

Jun 2019
I can see Nightfall being a better asset in this operation but it's a big no for me, Yoru is a better mother and a better wife. Just because Yoru is not an ideal wife, she's trying her best to be a better person, a wife, and a mother which is more than enough. I can already see Yoru feeling a little jealous which is a sign that she's obviously in love with Loid and so does he. This is a very precious family. I need to see more of Nightfall tho. She just likes Loid and wants to be his wife. But, nope... we're good with Yoru. She's the best.

Anya was so funny this whole episode. LOL. Also, I loved the second half where Bond was jealous of Agent Penguin and rips him apart and then little Anya got angry but everything ends up alright which is great. It was cute.

Team Yoru!!!
Nov 26, 2022 6:57 AM

Nov 2019
We had Yuri with his overly attached attitude towards Yoru, and now we have Fiona with Loid. Things are getting spicier

Nov 26, 2022 7:31 AM

Jul 2015
Very very funny episode 😂.

The contrast between Fiona's outward appearance and her inner thoughts is pure gold 😊.

But nothing beats a true family of the Forgers.Loid x Yor for the win.

Bond part was funny too.And the friendship between Anya and Bond was so heartwarming.5/5 episode.

Nov 26, 2022 7:36 AM
Oct 2022
Fiona looked very scary at first but the inner thoughts were very funny. I kinda had a feeling she had a thing for loid but she loves him too much. She even changed her own expressions to fit twilight's teachings. I really sympathized with Anya about the way she felt about Nighfall.
Bond is adorable when he is jealous like it was so funny to hear his thoughts but he really has started thinking in Japanese.
Nov 26, 2022 7:52 AM
Sep 2015
This episode has quite a sad tone to it.
Nov 26, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2011
The word of this week episode is: Jealousy.

Fiona may be evil for trying to undermine Yor already low-esteem as wife, but she is trying her best to worthy of Loid in future.
That whole rain scene made emotionaL, I dont know if was Fiona expression while delivery the internal monologue or me remembering FMA Mustang's scene. Anyways, was dramatic.

Anya and Bond made peace.
Nov 26, 2022 7:57 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
With Nightfall making her dayview, more and more characters surround Loid for Operation Strix which, as point out, looks to be in a glacial state. I wonder how many episodes will it take for the next star or blot to come, if any that is.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 26, 2022 8:09 AM

Oct 2017
Nightfall's quite lovely and she's amusing too. Really hard to choose between her and Yor, both are really good waifus. Post credit part was hilarious.
Nov 26, 2022 8:19 AM

Mar 2021
Fiona might be a great spy but she will never be a better wife to Loid than Yor is
Nov 26, 2022 8:19 AM
Sep 2018
THIS EPISODE WAS THE BEST❤️❤️😭😭 ahh finally perfect episode from spy x family 🥰
Animequeen_xxNov 26, 2022 8:30 AM
Nov 26, 2022 8:35 AM
Jul 2022
Hilarious episode 😭✋
Fiona rlly said "yes I do the cooking yes I do the cleaning 🏃‍♀️💨🛐" LMAO
and the ending with Anya and bond was adorable 🥹
Nov 26, 2022 8:45 AM

May 2021
Oooo that voice acting, especially that Suuuuuuuukkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiii. Literally had Anya making a Saitama face. On another note, Bond received his very own "Oh no" face.

Nov 26, 2022 8:59 AM
Apr 2021
I have been waiting for ages for Fiona Frost to get introduced in the anime, and this episode absolutely did not let me down. They really went all in on it and really nailed Fiona .

I really enjoyed how awkward they were able to make her interactions with Yor. Just the right amount of dead air between the two to convey that feeling of discomfort and unease

They really quickly launch into Fiona's slightly insane inner dialogue .The contrast between Fiona's outward appearance and her inner thoughts is pure gold 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
they absolutely nail. Hilarious seeing it in motion and so detailed.

absolutely loved this little zoom out with Anya. It's going off of a fraction of her head in the background of a panel, but the comedic effect on it is priceless. ....

Yor thinks Fiona is beautiful ...

This episode was definitely more than I was expecting for the material.

They change it, improve it, extrapolate it.

She' like Yuri , The only thing , i love about fiona is everytime she appears and want to separate Loid and Yor she make them more close and end up with a lot of Loid and Yor moments.
Nov 26, 2022 9:05 AM

Mar 2020
And there we go! The best episode in quite a while, and this time, Fiona was the one that reignited my love and faith for this series! The different styles, different personalities from her and Yor really captured how things could have been like if Fiona was Anya's mother rather than Yor. Also, more priceless Anya reactions as usual.

The last bit was very wholesome as well, with a little fight between Anya and Bond, after he bit the penguin into a broken one. Glad they reconciled nicely.

Tennis is coming up, and I hear it's a great part of the story, so definitely looking forward to it!
Nov 26, 2022 9:06 AM

Jan 2009
Nightfall really looks like how the original Android 18 should look like eh, Android 18 in the manga have white hair or silver hair too

Yor now has a romantic rival for Loid

and is the final part of the episode filler or anime original? i do not remember that in the manga

Nov 26, 2022 9:07 AM

Jul 2017
For how much I've commented on how the series fits the anime better and the humor is mostly delivered better in the anime by comparison, felt like some of Fiona's inner dialogues that Anya was able to get, felt a bit awkward in its delivery here. I definitely enjoyed that more in the manga for once, something felt missing for me there and the art was not at its best as a whole, the flow and drawings just didn't click at its best as a whole. The content here was still mostly better than the past bunch of episodes since the mini-arc at the start of the cour so that's a positive. Fiona's one of the few Spy x Family characters I like from the manga so her introduction here, while decent, could've been better in my opinion. Some parts felt a bit stretched out or a bit awkward, but her interactions with Yor were mostly fine and the segment ended on quite the bittersweet note as a whole for her, seeing how Loid's inner feelings behind all the masks and fake smiles were leaking a little and how without him realizing it much, he's embraced this kind of familial lifestyle with Yor and Anya.

An episode focusing solely on one segment next week with the tennis tournament to switch things up. Don't remember too much about it, been a while so hopefully that should be decent next week. This episode had its issues for me so it still felt inferior to most of what I got in the first cour, but it was an improvement definitely from the previous few episodes that felt really forgettable and almost filler-like in some ways. Fiona's personality is refreshing for this kind of series to wake it up a bit.
Nov 26, 2022 9:07 AM
Jan 2021
the last part was really cute
Nov 26, 2022 9:08 AM
Mar 2020
i love the chemistry between loid and yor sm! so glad we got to see more in this ep! so wholesome is this family
Nov 26, 2022 9:11 AM
May 2021
Nice ep!! Aww Fionaaaa
Nov 26, 2022 9:12 AM

Dec 2020
This episode was amazing. Fiona's inner delusions were hilarious, I loved it. I always love to anya doing her best to keep the family together. Yor is also trying her best to become a ideal wife. Honestly this ep was really good 5/5
Nov 26, 2022 9:15 AM

Jun 2014
Fiona makes her official appearance and it didn't disappoint. All she wants is to fill the role of Loid's wife, and she has quite the colorful imagination for how that would turn out lol. Sorry Fiona, Yor will always be number one even if she isn't necessarily "ideal" wife material. Ngl though I did feel bad for her when she was walking back, masking her tears in the rain (what a terrible day for rain 😭). Looking forward to the tennis tournament, it was really good in the manga.
thebrentinator24Nov 26, 2022 9:19 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 26, 2022 9:15 AM
Oct 2016
Nightfall the indomitable agent who's in love with Twilight. The one whom taught her how to be a spy and has been her inspiration ever since. Nightfall making a house call to see Twilight saying that she would be better suited to being his wife over Yor. Nightfall barging in telling Yor that Loid has been complaining about her at their work. Anya reading Nightfall mind seeing how she's madly in love with Twilight was crazy. The over the tio extravagance that Nightfall images as her and Twilight married life. Yor getting pushed out of the picture, Nightfall whipping Anya into shape. It warmed my heart when Anya clung to Yor reassuring her that's who Anya wants as her mama. Loid is committed to those two no matter what, Nightfall just has to accept the harsh truth. Her love cannot be reciprocated by Twilight for he has great sources of love in his life already.

The extra scene with Bond tearing up Anya penguin plushie was sweet. Bond getting jealous so he acts out towards the stuffed animal. Yor tried her best but ultimately Loid having to fix up Mr penguin. The scars are definitely medals of honor. The peace agreements between Anya and Bond was adorable. They're all such a great family
Nov 26, 2022 9:17 AM
Oct 2016
deg said:
Nightfall really looks like how the original Android 18 should look like eh, Android 18 in the manga have white hair or silver hair too

and is the final part of the episode filler or anime original? i do not remember that in the manga

The final part of the episode is the 3rd short mission chapter
Nov 26, 2022 9:17 AM

Jul 2022
ah this may have been the episode i've laughed to the most, so cute! SpyxFam starts to finally feel like SpyxFam again ♡
Nov 26, 2022 9:19 AM
May 2021
Lmao her inner thoughts were far from what I expected them to be. Unfortunately for you Fiona Loid is all Yor’s
Nov 26, 2022 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
Try to get rid of Yor, you'll quickly learn that she's built different.

I enjoyed Fiona's introduction. She's a stoic gal with one hell of a suppressed suuukki xD There would be no fun times if she was in charge of whipping Anya into shape. Thanks to her we also got reminded that Loid is genuinely happy with his family. This is became more than just a mission for him.

The post ending segment was great too.

Penguin got slaughtered by a jealous Bond and even further butchered by Yor. RIP and hello Frankenstein's penguin.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 26, 2022 9:21 AM

Jan 2009
Dukino said:
deg said:

The final part of the episode is the 3rd short mission chapter

i see i read those short mission chapters too but i usually forget them
Nov 26, 2022 9:32 AM

Dec 2020
There is a new Rival for Yor lol, Fiona (nightfall) has a huge crush on loid and she want to be her wife.
Anya again has the best moments so cute with that penguin and then bons destroy it because he is jealous.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 26, 2022 9:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite her strong desire to rise up the ranks looks like Fiona isn't viewed highly by her peers. Not bothering to bond with others would do that to you. Given her nature her compatibility with Loid and Anya wouldn't look natural. But still she really went all out in trying to demoralize Yor. Creative way of comms between her and Loid though on his return. Never though that her ambition was such though. Anya's interaction with Mr Penguin though was fun though. Though Bond was horrible in his treatment of the penguin in the end im glad that he and Anya were able to call a truce. Overall a fun ep that did well to introduce Fiona to the narrative and while she is one that has quite a few flaws reflected well on the kind of people that fight deadly shadow wars to protect the innocent from harm. Ayaneru was the perfects seiyuu to play her thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2022 9:37 AM
Nov 2022
Nooo, I did feel bad for Nightfall; although personally I would not like them to put a love triangle.
Aug 2018
the last part was funny ngl

Jul 2017
The debut of Fiona Frost, FINALLY! Her monotone and wicked expression truly beckons her codename well: Nightfall.

Her first endeavor facing Yor when Loid, Anya and Bond are out on a walk, and the lone assassin has to face her presence being the first guest with swift unnervingness, but Yor does it decently until their return, which Loid engages in a code-like conversation with her to find out her game. Anya's esper abilities tho, really expose her "love", yet also understood completely at the obscenity of the situation lols. Even worse, Yor takes this personally and hard, yet can't blame Loid also if she services to the family in a subpar manner.

But if there's one thing that Anya cannot stand, is Fiona being the replacement mother, and she does her way to entice Yor being the best mother she had. Despite being a spy, they also do have emotions, and despite Loid's teachings, his feelings seep through, and Fiona herself knows that she has no chances of being his wife, but can only request that he don't slow her down in the next assigned mission together.

Anya's adventures with Penguin again...take a massive turn for the worst lols, which Bond massacred it bad for stealing her away, and Yor's abilities didn't really help much. In the end, it's Loid who has to do the sewing, and Bond gives Anya a bag of peanuts as a sign of forgiveness. Really sweet and cute.

Loid and Fiona's mission...will have some struggles next week.
Nov 26, 2022 9:39 AM
Jun 2021
Introducing new Character perfectly and a great life lesson on the second half.
The best eps so far
Nov 26, 2022 9:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
She wants to be ....his wife!!!! kekeke
Nov 26, 2022 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
The deranged woman Fiona was finally introduced. And the fun Short Mission 3 was thrown in to fill up the episode
Nov 26, 2022 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
I expected Anya to HISS at Fiona xD would've been funnier IMO.
Nov 26, 2022 9:58 AM

Oct 2015
Nightfall noo don't cry my queen
Nov 26, 2022 10:00 AM
Nov 2022
Good episode...The anime handled it a bit more emotional than the manga. The rain OST and atmosphere.. Fiona's interactions with Yor and Loid was better handled.. Still humorous but added a bit more context

To me Yuri flat out doesn't like Loid whatsoever..Fiona has no ill will(that bit about 'eliminating' her was just for comedy) towards Yor she just thinks she could do a better job than her. Her 'loving' Loid is only on the same standards as being a spy..She can't tell that he's being genuine with Anya and Yor and you can't blame her..It IS Loid who's changed faces so many times and he's her mentor
Nov 26, 2022 10:03 AM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode!
Nov 26, 2022 10:15 AM

Dec 2021
When Berlint doesn't have canned Max Coffee but instead Loid drinks brewed coffee with milk. Nightfall is giving me Iroha with some Yui vibes on her considering she's trying to win over her senpai Hachiman in another universe against Yukino.

Yor needs to channel her inner Yukino to beat Nightfall.
Nov 26, 2022 10:20 AM
Jun 2017
based new character
Nov 26, 2022 10:24 AM
Feb 2020
got the clannad AS vibes from aftercredit scene, damn
Nov 26, 2022 10:36 AM
Apr 2016
Been waiting for the adaptation of this episode lol. This episode needs a gif compilation!!
Nov 26, 2022 10:41 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, a new character. I think Fiona Frost aka Nightfall might be great at shaking up the current Spy x Family status quo. It was starting to get same-y lately but with her as a recurring character things could get more interesting again. And damn, she's a crazy one.
Nov 26, 2022 10:45 AM
Wings

Apr 2017

First, Becky. Now, Nightfall. Who will fall for Loid next... if not Yor.
Nov 26, 2022 10:46 AM
Feb 2022
one of my faves so far
Nov 26, 2022 10:46 AM

Dec 2018
Interesting new character... Her look and voice are amazing... But if she does becoming 'loid' wife... She would be a very strict non caring mother... Yor maybe bad at cooking and some... But she is very caring and supporting her 'family' very well.
It is cute though seeing Fiona inner thought....

Nov 26, 2022 10:53 AM

May 2020
& Iroha already lost to Yukino the moment that she met her in the battle for Super Hachibowl 88!!!

The outcome was inevitable right from the very beginning!!!

So the next arc is the tennis arc huh!!!
Instead of HachiYuki vs Hayama & Miura,
We got HachIroha vs scrubs instead!!!

" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

220 by JJR1971 »»
Apr 20, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

357 by Ittan_Momen »»
Apr 20, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

700 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

219 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.