Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 25, 2022 9:40 AM

May 2021
Preparing that fire spell in advance was very clever of Fran. Shows that she can think for herself in the midst of a battle now without her Teacher's guidance. Such a shame Amanda didn't get called Mama though.

Nov 25, 2022 9:46 AM
Oct 2019
Hey new visual on the OP, of course Spoiler for the Spider Boss 😭

Clad want the smoke and got ass whooped by Fran. lol

So that's why Amanda attacking Fran in the end of last episode.
God damn the sparring battle goes way too hard.
Action Choreography looks really good and the Animation as well.
Nov 25, 2022 3:30 PM
Dec 2019
The choreograph on this anime is something else... The action in this is so interesting.
Nov 25, 2022 6:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
There must be some random annoying dude around to be an anger source, and ofc Fran easily kicking his ass. But Amanda meanwhile was sure tobe on the other level. She fast, had a living whip and automatic nullified skill, that's why Fran could'nt win the battle even with her parallel thought. However, imagine if Fran gotten used to that unexpected turn of event, be more experience about that, and have some energy left to do a counter when Amanda unique skill cooldown. Fran still have a space to develop her growth to be more powerful. So that's actually a nice fact after that mock battle, fortunately. Still, at a very least Amanda got Fran cuddle her for a while and its time to do another dungeon walk ahead, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 25, 2022 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
Not Krad, as he lost, echoing like a character from Street Fighter. 😆
Nov 25, 2022 10:42 PM
Jul 2021
i cannot described how i liked it
Nov 25, 2022 11:01 PM

Nov 2022
im kind of embarrassed how much i love this show already considering the absurd premise. just.. its so spectacular in every way awesome opening awesome characters and i always love when the annoying side characters aren't very relevant i love small casts i like watching fran and teacher hang out and figure out the world around them *makes minecraft damage noises as i die*
Nov 26, 2022 2:27 AM

Jul 2021
great episode. glad the misunderstanding that they created in last episode about amanda was cleared. she just had good intentions at heart it seems. nice to see fran has kind of a motherly figure she can hopefully rely on in future.

if she wants i don't mind calling amanda mommy.

a very fun episode. we finally get to the dungeon in next episode. judging by the amount of episodes remianing i think that the spider is going to be the final boss of this season? and the strongest till now as well. not many episodes left, really hoping this gets a sequel announcement. this is too good to not receive a sequel.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 26, 2022 4:48 AM

Aug 2013
Fran fought well against Amanda and proved her strength in front of everyone.

Nov 26, 2022 8:09 AM

Nov 2013
Glad to see Amanda isn't garbage. Doesn't change the fact she's annoying, but I think we can give her a pass since she's been sincere and caring - in her own way.
Nov 26, 2022 10:24 AM

Sep 2020
Another fun episode this week. Thought they would be fighting Fran for real after last week's episode, but thankfully, it was only some hardcore sparing. Was expecting to see a scared reaction from Krad when Fran accepted his duel request and turned around but it seems like he really was full of himself. Watching Fran try her best against Amanda was intense, I guess she still needs to grind some more to get to that level. It was also delightful to see how everyone accepted Fran and her skills after they went up against Amanda themselves.
Nov 26, 2022 10:48 AM
Jan 2018
Fran did pretty well for not using Teacher in the fight, but that implies she would've won if she wasn't holding back.
Nov 26, 2022 4:29 PM

Feb 2018
Oh my indeed...
I think they did a pretty good job of showing us how capable each of them is when it comes to fighting like that.
Did think it was a little underwhelming for her to just have a skill that blocked the attack entirely.
Nov 26, 2022 7:02 PM
Jul 2015
Actar said:
It can't be just me that feels that Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita is one of the best isekai series to have come out in like... forever? Most isekai series are just plain boring and tedious. They either seem to go through the motions or expand their scope beyond what they're capable of handling.

At this point, the series keeps itself grounded and personal by having Fran and Shisho's relationship being the foundation of the story, and it makes it so, so easy to get invested in Fran's adventures and root for her success.

The pacing is phenomenal, the fight choreography is some of the best, and the balance/juxtaposition between light and serious moments is perfect... I'll be absolutely heartbroken if this series doesn't get a second season.
Yes I agree. Well put together and a nice surprise of the season. I really enjoy this show in a over saturated isekai world we live in. It stands out.
Nov 27, 2022 12:12 AM
Oct 2022
im love it this story
Nov 27, 2022 1:21 PM

Jan 2018
I love how Fran didnt want to use Shishos full power in the fight against Amanda. She wanted to know how strong she was on her own.
Nov 27, 2022 1:22 PM

Jan 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Glad to see Amanda isn't garbage. Doesn't change the fact she's annoying, but I think we can give her a pass since she's been sincere and caring - in her own way.
Yeah there were tons of red flags that Amanda was a creep but it turns out her concern for Fran was genuine. Its a nice plot twist that far to many anime lack.
Nov 27, 2022 1:36 PM
Nov 2021
Sicarex said:
Fran did pretty well for not using Teacher in the fight, but that implies she would've won if she wasn't holding back.

Nah, Amanda litterally didn't move from the spot she was standing on, the whole fight. And she didn't use any offensive wind or storm magic either. She strong AF.
Nov 28, 2022 12:59 PM

May 2018
I wonder if there will be some Amada fanservices.
Nov 28, 2022 9:23 PM
Mar 2015
She did her best to prove herself
Nov 29, 2022 3:38 AM

Oct 2022
Overall, I really enjoyed watching their battle. I truly think that win should go to Fran, even if she was knocked out. Because she pushed Amanda into using her unique skill, and she did it all without the support of her intelligent weapon. This was a good episode in the sense of showing how much Fran has grown since the beginning.

Her entire battle was purely Fran alone. Sure, she may still be getting the help from the sword's skills and everything, but the entirety of the battle was done without the help of sensei. So proud of Fran, and can't wait to see the dungeon episode against the spiders!
Nov 30, 2022 12:55 PM

Feb 2019
Fran is no pushover, but insult those who she is close to, then you better prepare yourself for a battle to the bitter end - OR get hit with Teacher's belly repeatedly when you lose lol
Nov 30, 2022 5:22 PM
May 2021
that fight was banger
Nov 30, 2022 5:57 PM
Jan 2022
shisho is jealous, you and me both buddy

pretty cool Fran managed to activate the death-defying skill tho. you could argue "Amanda would be more cautious if she didn't have it or it was on cooldown", but I'd still be pleased with that result
Nov 30, 2022 11:23 PM

Oct 2019
omggggg thats so nice. Love that there actually feel like stakes, and not unlimited power, thats always the worst
Dec 1, 2022 1:03 AM

Aug 2017
That Amanda vs Fran fight went hard.

As expected for a rank A adventurer, Amanda pulled up a tough fight for Fran.

Fran lasted pretty long against her. Having to use split mind dual casting magic with wind and fire. It still wasn't enough to beat Amanda.

Epic fight 10/10 would watch again.

Dec 1, 2022 5:27 AM
Mar 2012
Fran vs lancer was lolz a heel kick beatdown.
Amanda got surprise op skills. Amanda vs Fran animation pretty well done intense.
Dec 1, 2022 10:19 AM

May 2019
I agree with other posters in that this may have been the best episode so far. Fran can take verbal insults but Krad crossed the line when he insulted Teacher, I think he learned his lesson after his defeat.

The friendly duel with Amanda was great and even though I figured Fran would lose she put up a heck of fight and even got an attack in that was passively deflected. It was nice to see Amanda not push Fran to call her mommy and that she is there for Fran whenever needed. This is like a family indeed.
Dec 1, 2022 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
Can we just stop introducing characters in this show? Everything about Krad was so one dimensional and unnecessary. Yeah, the fight with Amanda was good, but we could have been doing this with monsters.
Dec 1, 2022 4:08 PM
Sep 2016
I think this might have had the best animation in any episode yet. Pretty good fight. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Bio said:
Can we just stop introducing characters in this show? Everything about Krad was so one dimensional and unnecessary. Yeah, the fight with Amanda was good, but we could have been doing this with monsters.
Well he only shows up to show the perspective of the other jealous adventurers. He's not meant to stick around. It would be nice if he showed some other characteristics, but we'll get a bit of that in the next episode inside the dungeon. He's not a lasting character though, after this mini arc he never really shows up again.
Dec 1, 2022 10:02 PM

Apr 2008
Leaf_It said:

Bio said:
Well he only shows up to show the perspective of the other jealous adventurers. He's not meant to stick around. It would be nice if he showed some other characteristics, but we'll get a bit of that in the next episode inside the dungeon. He's not a lasting character though, after this mini arc he never really shows up again.

I mean, that's the problem. Tossing in a poorly written disposable character is such a lazy way to do this. I'd rather we just not.
Dec 2, 2022 4:27 AM
Mar 2020
Master actually enjoys the hugs by the half-elf oneesan.
Dec 2, 2022 11:47 PM

Nov 2009
Awww....

Amanda is actually pretty nice, she just really wanted to hear Fran call her mama, LOL.

And Sword is jealous, he wants to be hug by booba too. Tho... can he actually "feel"? Since we've seen at the beginning, he's been taking all sorts of damage, and even acid... but felt nothing...

___ ___ ___
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 3, 2022 2:02 AM

Aug 2014
If Teacher help Fran, will she win against Amanda hmm
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 3, 2022 2:29 PM

Mar 2018
That guy with the spear was such an idiot. First he gets pissed off at Fran for his false belief of her buying her ranks, then he complains about how Amanda couldn't stay on watch. He's all over the place.
Dec 4, 2022 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! that was a really great fight between a Rank D and a Rank A!
5/5.

Dec 11, 2022 2:48 AM

Jun 2019
Awww... this episode was so intense and so amazing and then the feels in the end. I love Amanda and I hope Fran and her become closer than ever. It was a special episode. So sweet.
Dec 25, 2022 9:27 PM

Feb 2021
Never thought that Amanda was that strong XD

It was an intense battle!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2023 3:35 PM
Feb 2021
Ara Ara mom gives me creepy vibes, but i guess she aight
Jan 16, 2023 1:58 AM

Jul 2015
They sure like to exert their energy during the nightwatch before going into the dungeon, well at least they ain't talking bad anymore on the super sword! be amazed!

Jan 16, 2023 4:48 AM
Sep 2020
Yess Fran showed him no to just judge people on their looks !!!! 

Seriously Fran alone was decent against Amanda since Amanda has more experience and is stronger !!
Jan 22, 2023 9:05 PM
Jul 2020
The mock fight between Amanda and Fran was insane! And seeing the emotional moment when Fran was being held by Amanda after the fight made tears well in my eyes. It's comforting to know that there is someone other than Teacher who cares for Fran and is looking out for her.
Jan 26, 2023 6:35 PM
Jan 2023
Fran got to chopping
Feb 23, 2023 10:49 AM
Jan 2021
From the ending of the previous episode, I thought the fight between Fran and Amanda was more dramatic and some kind of betrayal on Amanda's part given Teacher's tone about it.

I'm glad to know that wasn't the case.

I can understand why some of the adventurers were doubting the legitimacy of Fran's increase in rank. Krad went a little too far though, but he learned his lesson. It's sad that Fran was able to beat him without Teacher's help whatsoever.

The fighting between Fran and Amanda was amazing to see. So Amanda can use mana to control the whip however she sees fit. And Fran put up a good fight, but Amanda has a unique, The Spirit's Undying Favor, activates automatically and nullifies attacks, making her OP.

This Spider's Web dungeon shouldn't be too difficult, especially because there aren't any especially strong monsters. If another Greater Demon showed up, that would complicate things. But we do know that Fran and Teacher are strong enough to take on a B Rank opponent. If they have to fight an A Rank like Amanda, well...
Mar 13, 2023 3:47 AM

Dec 2013
Krad really does not like to learn from his mistakes. Just how many times did Amanda end up grabbing that idiot's head?

At least the fight between Fran and Amanda was fun to watch. I loved her final fire blast at Amanda. Even if it didn't do anything. 

It feels a bit weird seeing all of those rocks on fire...
Mar 19, 2023 8:23 PM

Oct 2010
One thing to keep in mind is that in most forms of Japanese media of various types (not just anime), rank A isn't the top, as at minimum there is rank S above that.
Jul 17, 2023 5:25 PM
Mar 2018
stupied reason for a fight. But in general, ok
Nov 19, 2023 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
pretty solid episode, Amanda seems really powerful!
it was funny when the guy said they didn't last fighting as much as Fran
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Dec 15, 2023 7:48 AM

Nov 2023
What wonderful episode this one was.
Mar 17, 10:11 AM

Aug 2019
"friendly spar" my ass. the rock fucking exploded when she dodged it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

374 by ST63LTH »»
May 1, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2022

169 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.