Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2022 5:39 PM
Aug 2021
Can we get back to the track? It's watchable but where's the conflict?

Jan 2020
has to be one of my favorite episodes of the season so far they've all been great so far cant wait till next week.
:)

Apr 2018
Riotstarter said:
Was that an "omigah" from Yor

Hhahaa I heard that too xD!
Nov 12, 2022 5:45 PM
Oct 2021
Felt like a filler episode to be honest.
Nov 12, 2022 5:56 PM

Mar 2021
Zeemod155 said:
It was around these 2 past episodes (and consequently these 4 chapters of the manga back when I read it) that I started to realize that this is not longer a show about momentum. It kinda plateaus here and you really get to see just how hit or miss the humor can be when it just becomes more like a by-the-numbers gag anime. What made the first season really great was how all the moments of gags were a part of something bigger. It all felt connected and you get to really see that personal evolution up close. Yet this episode in particular feels like the show is stalling for time to get to something better or establishing memorable or important characters that will be vital in later story sections.

Semi-Review of the future of the show's direction below:
Well, not really... This chasm of direction will continue to unfortunately be the defacto direction the show will continue to go for the foreseeable future. Spinning its narrative wheels, introducing bland and completely innocuous characters, and not really meaningfully progressing the mission nor really any of the character's arcs.

That's fine for a gag series but unfortunate for the opening premise of the show and the great cadence and sense of motivating stakes the cast had to work around. Even the occasional multi-episode "plot" arcs contain barely anything that builds on the story nor has anything more complex than "stop the saturday-morning-cartoon spy villain" only they're a little meaner. Nothing about what I've seen or read up through this point actually made me interested in the "will the mission succeed" stakes (barring two moments that have yet to have any continuation or closure) and it straight-up forgets that half of it is a SPY show. Even the parts that have those spy elements lack any of the wit or tension you'd expect from a spy show. I'm patient and hopeful, but boy does this manga feel like it's been going on forever and getting nowhere and it's yet to even top the "getting Anya into the Academy" arc.
This is mostly how I feel too. I may be a little less harsh on the manga than you... but you hit the nail on the head. In my opinion, the anime pacing doesn't help the franchise either... anything that I found funny in the manga is too drawn out in the anime, and the chapters that I might've felt flat about just stand out even more now. And I agree, the manga does feel like it's been going on forever and getting nowhere, especially because we basically get a single 20 page chapter every month...

Nov 12, 2022 6:25 PM

Jul 2021
This 2nd cour feels notably weaker than the 1st cour, i just don't get what's the point of adding fillers for some of these episodes after a great 3 episodes here. Whatever though, Anya and her friends singing was fun.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 12, 2022 6:50 PM

Sep 2021
This was definitely another weak episode in a continuous string of weaker episodes, for me. It's just not measuring up to the 1st cour at all, and a lot of these jokes and running gags are really falling flat for me. I don't know if they were just done better in the manga, but I'm ultimately pretty disappointed so far. I don't mind filler, but something just isn't working here...

And a lot of what worked for me in the 1st cour just feels like it's the same thing, but repeated to less effect here. Anya's facial expressions, Damian's school antics, even Yor casually and clearly acting like an assassin in broad daylight: there was so much more balance to these silly moments in the first cour, whereas here it feels like they're just throwing everything 'funny' at us because they don't know how to fill an episode otherwise. So the humor is really lost on me.

Of course I'll keep watching, but I hope there's something of a return to form before the cour ends.

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Nov 12, 2022 7:05 PM
Jun 2021
awesome and wholesome
Nov 12, 2022 7:44 PM
Mar 2015
The little rat who tried to get back at Desmond got his commuppance
Nov 12, 2022 7:56 PM
Nov 2022
I love the fact that George acted as a hero who saying goodbye to his country to Eden and it shocked him as he has to return school next day make him a so shocked haha 😂
Nov 12, 2022 8:26 PM
Feb 2021
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss the cute family again
Nov 12, 2022 8:52 PM

Jul 2021
f for the gloomy kid.

we got to see yor in action after a long time.

nothing major happened. hopefully we get some plot progression in next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 12, 2022 9:04 PM
Apr 2019
the ost for this episode when yor is running through the city is amazing
Nov 12, 2022 9:05 PM

Dec 2018
i feel for that kid; at first i thought he was a grifter but he really meant it. i hope things go well for him and his family. it was a cute episode.
Nov 12, 2022 9:56 PM
Nov 2019
Damian's little dance had me dying.
Nov 12, 2022 10:04 PM
Apr 2021
Spider yor spider yor

I love how Yor's imagination is always ridiculously extreme. This episode is just peak comedy.

We don't really get much of Yor's action while she's doing her assassin job since it's not relevant to the main plot yet, so I'm glad we get to see a casual scene such as delivering a forgotten uniform to her daughter to school highlighting her skills other than what we usually see (a.k.a her physical strength).

"Don't you think it's surreal for trash like me to pick up trash?" and "The spider woman!" had me dying, also this episode really shows how caring Yor is.

•Anya's face when everyone's singing.

Damian blushed again.

•Becky as ever supportive friend.

Yor's and Loid's character development

Anya comforting everyone with a hand on the shoulder is one of the cutest thing in this series.

The George misunderstanding is hilarious the scene was emotional but I can't stop laughing

This episode was quite great
Nov 12, 2022 10:40 PM

Feb 2014
You have to feel sorry for poor George. Aside from the fact that it was him who hired the spy from the previous episode to try and sabotage Damian and his older brother's exam scores, a misunderstanding on his part made him think that he wouldn't be able to go to school anymore, so it was nice for the other kids to treat him really nicely with that in mind. However, when George found out the truth from his father and had to go to school the next day, the humiliation from having those same kids demanding their gifts back while giving him the disapproving glare must've been rough. It was still very funny, mind you! XD

The latter half with Yor trying to deliver Anya's P.E kit to her was nice and there was even a nice inset song while Yor was in full parkour mode. Sadly for her, it was for nothing as Anya didn't have P.E that day.

Thankfully, Yor's day did get better when Loid decided to meet up with her after seeing everything from earlier and took her out for lunch. Their talk together was sweet. =)
Nov 12, 2022 10:43 PM

Apr 2008
Zeemod155 said:
It was around these 2 past episodes (and consequently these 4 chapters of the manga back when I read it) that I started to realize that this is not longer a show about momentum. It kinda plateaus here and you really get to see just how hit or miss the humor can be when it just becomes more like a by-the-numbers gag anime. What made the first season really great was how all the moments of gags were a part of something bigger. It all felt connected and you get to really see that personal evolution up close. Yet this episode in particular feels like the show is stalling for time to get to something better or establishing memorable or important characters that will be vital in later story sections.

Well, not really... This chasm of direction will continue to unfortunately be the defacto direction the show will continue to go for the foreseeable future. Spinning its narrative wheels, introducing bland and completely innocuous characters, and not really meaningfully progressing the mission nor really any of the character's arcs.

That's fine for a gag series but unfortunate for the opening premise of the show and the great cadence and sense of motivating stakes the cast had to work around. Even the occasional multi-episode "plot" arcs contain barely anything that builds on the story nor has anything more complex than "stop the saturday-morning-cartoon spy villain" only they're a little meaner. Nothing about what I've seen or read up through this point actually made me interested in the "will the mission succeed" stakes (barring two moments that have yet to have any continuation or closure) and it straight-up forgets that half of it is a SPY show. Even the parts that have those spy elements lack any of the wit or tension you'd expect from a spy show. I'm patient and hopeful, but boy does this manga feel like it's been going on forever and getting nowhere and it's yet to even top the "getting Anya into the Academy" arc.

This is well said. It's not unpleasant or anything, but the appeal of the show was the blend with the plot and it's sorely lacking now. The other half is that the comedy just isn't all that special. There's hilarious episodic comedies out there, but this isn't it. The demanding gifts joke stretched and it was completely obvious that the Glooman kid would have to come back the next day. Funniest moment in there was Anya making eyes at the singing.
Nov 12, 2022 11:09 PM

Nov 2012
Yor's parkour is on a level of it's own.
Nov 12, 2022 11:55 PM
Sep 2021
We got to see
Yor Friendly Neighbourhood Spiderman
What else do you want
Nov 13, 2022 12:12 AM

Jul 2019
It was probably the most fun I've experienced in what SxF Part 2 offers in slice of life department. Anya was having none of the bullshit that George tried to weave and her antics and facial expressions fit like never before. Yor is so easily vulnerable and as a caring person she had no choice but to go full throttle Yamakasi run inside Edem only to be flustered once again. And Loid, uhm, wears a nice hat I guess.
Nov 13, 2022 12:31 AM
Jun 2021
The first section kinda felt like the choker Konosuba OVA
Nov 13, 2022 12:56 AM

Jun 2015
Sometimes in on the 2nd watch you can appreciate more the funny things in life. ' Anya will give you this leaf she found on the side of the road.' Love it! Squeee!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 13, 2022 1:20 AM
Senpai

May 2021
I like this anime so much, but it was so predictable that george would not get expelled. I think they should have done it, so that we get a sweet ending of the short story about him.
But yeah if you turn your brain off it is very enjoyable.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 13, 2022 1:55 AM
Apr 2022
not bad but not great filler episode, liked damian's dance moves
Nov 13, 2022 2:21 AM
Oct 2019
Wow it was George who hire Daybreak lol

bruhh imagine coming back to school the next day after all of that, it will be embarrassment for life.

Parkour Parkour!!
Yor your Friendly neighborhood Spiderwoman...
davidyodo24Nov 13, 2022 2:24 AM
Nov 13, 2022 2:47 AM

Oct 2009
Anya's expression is so on point when the students started singing for George.
She gave him a leaf as a farewell present when others giving sentimental gifts LOL
Nov 13, 2022 3:48 AM
Aug 2021
it's getting better and better. loved the episode
Nov 13, 2022 4:02 AM
Aug 2019
WE FINALLY GOT THE GEORGE SCENE ANIMATED!!!
Nov 13, 2022 4:14 AM

Jul 2013
Team 1st half of the ep rise up! The 1st half was the best part of this episode for me.

That shit was hilarious!! I was literally laughing out loud, lmao. Something very rare for me. Especially when it comes to anime. For some reason, the Spy Family brand of comedy resonates with me.

I seem to be in the minority, but I actually much prefer the down time/slice of life episodes of the show more than the more dramatic plots. The slice of life moments feel like the true story of seeing these characters mature and grow closer in this strange and complex situation they have found themselves in. The action plots are fun to watch, sure, but they rarely actually tie into the main plot and seem more episodic/one-off to remind us that "hey, he's a spy and she's an assassin. don't forget".

Right now, I am more than enjoying the routine of action arcs, and then the episode or two of just seeing their everyday lives. These characters on their own are just fun for me to watch. In particular, I love seeing Anya school centered episodes. Those are most enjoyable for me, and by far the funniest. As much as I love Loid and Yor, gonna be honest, I'm not that interested in their everyday work tasks. Especially Yor's boring ass office job.

I would love a bit more back story on Yor's role as an assassin though. Like, how she got that job? How a huge fuzzball like her got wrapped into a job to kill people and is she still taking jobs? Show us more of that!
Nov 13, 2022 4:43 AM
Jul 2019
Started as a heartwarming episode turned into clown town for George, I swear I guffawed.

so exciting to see how Loid handles Yor in school.
Nov 13, 2022 5:01 AM

Jan 2019
Probably the weakest episode so far, both parts had super predictable punchlines. The show is honestly getting stale without any plot development.

Nov 13, 2022 6:08 AM
Oct 2020
Animeizreal said:
not bad but not great filler episode, liked damian's dance moves
it's not filler, but Yor part is original anime
Nov 13, 2022 6:11 AM
Oct 2020
ForeverTraitor said:
Probably the weakest episode so far, both parts had super predictable punchlines. The show is honestly getting stale without any plot development.
spy x family is a comedy, "main plot" is Anya in school to Loid mission.
Nov 13, 2022 6:27 AM
Apr 2022
I liked the 1st half and found the 2nd half to be boring.
Nov 13, 2022 7:18 AM

Mar 2012
I actually found this funny.

Altough i do agree that the story does have a tendency to drag out a little more than it should when i read the manga vers, this happens twice, first it was around this area, the second is after the events involving

But overall it is still a decently paced series.
Nov 13, 2022 8:13 AM

Nov 2020
Jockeys said:
The fact that this season has a much higher rating than the sixth of my hero academia makes us understand the value of the users of mal

Ratings honestly don't matter, it's all a popularity contest and Spy x Family is rated so much higher cause it's newer. Not to mention Spy x Family's score has been dropping while MHA's has been going up. Again though it's not a competition and we shouldn't let scores determine a show's worth.
Are ya winning, diners?
Nov 13, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2018
The misunderstandings this episode were honestly great.
Nov 13, 2022 8:39 AM

Jul 2014
lmao I liked how they made that gloomy guy's day
Nov 13, 2022 9:13 AM

Dec 2018
Great 1st part! Damianxanya are so cute~~~
It is a funny episode, but too bad... It is a predictable one... Obviously he won't quit the school... Well, poor him to face all of his classmates on that day...

2nd part.... A bland one... And also predictable....

Ooh? A new character introduce on the next episode, wonder how her personalities are.

Nov 13, 2022 9:46 AM

Sep 2020
The first part is very funny, I love how Anya just gave him a leaf.
Nov 13, 2022 10:03 AM

Feb 2012
So the spy from last week wasn't even hired by Desmond's rival corporation but the son via the butler.
Just as George misinterpreted the situation with Glooman, Yor misinterpreted Anya intentionally leaving her gym clothes behind.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 13, 2022 11:00 AM
Mar 2022
Zeemod155 said:

You're quite the guy, very good comment indeed.
I also found this episode to be lackluster, felt like a waste of time/filler.

Have a great life you deserve it
Nov 13, 2022 11:02 AM

Jul 2022
I´ve found this episode so sweet. the start with Damian actually being nice (and poor George embarrassing himself, I actually felt for him even in the end) and Yor trying so hard to be a good mum! also, that sweet slow-burn romance between the two ♥♥♥
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --
Nov 13, 2022 12:48 PM
Nov 2022
I liked the overall theme of the episode and the interactions between Anya and Damian.
Nov 13, 2022 1:02 PM
Oct 2020
Beautiful episode as always :))
Nov 13, 2022 1:09 PM
Aug 2020
george can emd this was by far the most boring episode yet
Nov 13, 2022 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
First time when whole episode was unfunny and boring.
Nov 13, 2022 3:56 PM
Apr 2020
Fan service, no story progress, useless episode
Nov 13, 2022 6:15 PM
Mar 2019
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
so cute
literally the characters make the show. Twilight is badass and OP! He sees everything they do. The Anya moments were very funny and Yor is literally Spider-Man.

yor and loid should fuck
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

220 by JJR1971 »»
Apr 20, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

357 by Ittan_Momen »»
Apr 20, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

700 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

219 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

255 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 11, 10:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.