Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2022 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
Good episode, we got Damian's pulling his own face after the scores came out but more importantly, a new character making an appearance! Glad to see Daybreak make an anime appearance.

Anya needs to stop relying on her powers though because her scores were NOT good at all LOL. So many priceless reactions again and obviously, Loid was less than impressed.
Nov 5, 2022 8:17 AM

Nov 2019
Yor made yet another victim; RIP Bond, he was a good boi. Gotta respect the dedication from Anya, even going as far as learning subjects that won't be on the exam

Nov 5, 2022 8:36 AM

Jul 2011
Swole Chihuahua. Animated.

That day Bond learned not to eat scraps on the floor.

The family life made Loid's retort resistance be low.

Anya isn't a good student, but she got spirit.
Nov 5, 2022 8:46 AM
Apr 2022
Bond definitely learned a great lesson today that's for sure.
Also anya's grade they aren't troublesome as soon as the mission is safe
Nov 5, 2022 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Anya atleast managed to pass, good for her.
Nov 5, 2022 8:59 AM
Feb 2022
ANYA IS SO CUTE!!!!!! HAHAHA YURI WAS SO FUNNY!!! LOVE THE BUILDING CONNECTION IN THIS FAMILY!!!!!!!!
Nov 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Mar 2020
Bond learned the hard way about Yor's cooking, and Daybreak is just too much! Guy was literally rolling on the floor pretending to be a spy, and it somehow worked until Loid got him fired. Good to see Anya can avoid failing at least, she gets results when she tries, even if she isn't the sharpest.
Nov 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Dec 2019
These last couple episodes with the 2-3 parters have been just going through the motions, been even more underwhelming than usual. Looks like next episode being a 2-parter don't inspire much confidence for next week either. The 2nd half with Daybreak was worse than the first half and really unfunny, at least there's a positive with Anya putting genuine effort to studying here and managing to pass with her own abilities, even if her results arent glowing.
Nov 5, 2022 9:06 AM

Jan 2009
no OP this week?

the DayBreak part is more funny in the manga but ye still good enough

also this episode revealed that Anya loses her powers when there is a new moon

indeed Yuri knowledge is power

degNov 5, 2022 11:03 AM
Nov 5, 2022 9:07 AM

Mar 2021
Today bond learned how to be careful around Yor's cooking and am Happy Anya managed to pass her exams albeit only Barely and the Daybreak spy was just hilarious thinking he is the best spy ever
Nov 5, 2022 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
Any episode without Yor kicking off and destroying something is an episode missed. Although with her bro turning up I guess it couldn't be helped. Anya actually passing without having her grades altered. Love it! And I am intrigued with the retard spy trying to forge anyas nemesis scores. The plot thickens!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 5, 2022 9:09 AM
May 2021
Funny as hell episode again. Lost count how many times Daybreak left Loid absolutely bamboozled lmao.

Damian making the Anya meme face too just proves she lives in his head rent free

So many meme faces too 🔥

LeoDragoNov 5, 2022 9:17 AM
Nov 5, 2022 9:14 AM

Apr 2022
Daybreak is my spirit animal
Nov 5, 2022 9:15 AM

Dec 2020
Any ep which has yuri are really funny. Loved anya's dedication and how she was happy after barely managing to pass. Daybreak rolling on the floor was soo funny, I hope this gag goes on. Felt sorry for bond rip best boi.
Nov 5, 2022 9:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ah yes the dreaded midterms the first trial that kids would face in school. But in the interim Anya's test result was pretty bad. But its interesting that Anya's powers are affected by the Luna phases. Yuri's thoughts must have been like a tide for Anya. The power of Anya the angel is powerful indeed. Thats an impressive way to keep results secure though. Daybreak though lol. You can't have gotten a more idiotic asset to do a job though he seemed to have some pretty good luck on his side. In the end though at the very least Anya was spared from being expelled but man what a rank to attain. Curious though at whether we'll see Daybreak again though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2022 9:17 AM
Oct 2016
Loid trying his hardest all episode to make sure Anya doesn't fail these midterms. Beginning with getting her to study more cause on test day she won't be able to use her mind reading powers. Loid is just tying to get her to study in general but Anya knows it's do or die since she won't have her powers. It was funny when she asked Bond to look into the future to see the test answers but he just looked at what's for dinner, which made Anya forget since she was so happy with what dinner would be.

Yuri coming over to help Any study is a crazy match. Them two together in a scene was hilarious. Yuri barely missed Anya beforehand when he came to meet Loid. Now they get to interact a lot in this episode and it was great. Anya getting no better at her studying even with Yuri. What is grammar.

The Daybreak half of this episode doubled down on the comedy in an amazing way. Daybreak is such a doofus and seeing Loid watch his tumble his way to the test sheets was too funny. Daybreak was so full of himself it made me laugh tons of times watching the episode. Loid constantly in disbelief how Daybreak could be such a bad spy. Loid having to undo all Daybreak screw ups was funny. Anya actually did surprisingly well on her test, at least enough not to fail.
Nov 5, 2022 9:19 AM

Oct 2022
So Anya had to get through the exam herself without relying on her powers and good to see that she managed to pass!
The segment with Daybreak wasn't really that fun and a bit too silly, but it was still a fun episode overall
Nov 5, 2022 9:29 AM
Dec 2019
daybreak is iconic
Nov 5, 2022 9:29 AM

Apr 2021
great episode I think it's the best part
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Nov 5, 2022 9:32 AM
Sep 2015
Daybreak is my most favorite character in SxF yet, even surpassing Bond dog. A little bit sad that he's not in the group of main character, not even supporting character, so his appearance will be very rare, but on the good side his joke won't be overused.
Nov 5, 2022 9:37 AM
Mar 2015
Being a spy is hard work
Nov 5, 2022 9:37 AM

Nov 2013
Hilarious episode! Totally forgot about Daybreak lol. Dude's luck is maxed out.
Nov 5, 2022 9:40 AM

Dec 2019
Another unfunny ep lol I still enjoyed it but man s1 was way way better
Nov 5, 2022 9:40 AM
Jul 2022
it's good 5 out of 5
Nov 5, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
Lmao that new spy is so dumb
Nov 5, 2022 9:49 AM

Jan 2021
such an good episode

● We begin with Anya thinking that she scored super good on her midterms but failed and she needs to take extra lessons lmao, but she is planning to cheat but the cheating was never shown because when its an eclipse her powers don't work so she goes in panic mode, hey at least she knew that she was gonna eat beef as dinner.

● Yor makes the suggestion to call over Yuri to help Anya with her learning/homework, Yuri & Loid staring each other deadly in the eyes ofcourse lol, we got to see a little in the past when Yuri was helping Yor when they were little. "The Knowledge Chihuahua", interesting. Yor had made self made cookies and Yuri comes back running to eat it and throws up when he goes back out the door haha, Bond seeing those little pieces on the ground and eats it, Yor has made another victim (poor bond).

● We get to see an new character, Daybreak. Daybreak wants to be better than Twilight so he does all these moves to enter the building but Loid being behind him is like "what is going on?" lol, Daybreak doing an still pose by the lamppost LMAO, those guards didn't notice anything, Daybreak tries his best to be a spy but when he's inside he forgot that there's also an guard and he has no way to identify himself so ofcourse Loid being the helping hand helps him by showing an ID card, when they both finally made it in this dude makes an attempt to get Loid from behind but totally misses the weak spot, well we know how this all ended, Daybreak was fired 😉.

● At least Anya made it on the test result board or something so operation six can still continue and ofcourse Damian also made it but Anya is super happy with her place for some reason but upon returning home Loid is like "why do you look so proud?" haha, well at least Yor was supportive.
Nov 5, 2022 9:50 AM

Mar 2010
there were some funny parts but twas pretty fucking basic

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 5, 2022 9:54 AM

May 2021
Well, at least Anya did not fail. By her own merits, on top of that. It's the baby steps that count.

Nov 5, 2022 9:57 AM

Nov 2016
"That's amazing, all your scores added together exceed 100 points" 💀

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 5, 2022 9:59 AM

Jan 2022
That was a cute episode! I thought Loid was going to change her answers? If she wants some validation from Loid maybe she should work for it, poor girl. It feels like there hasn't been any progress with operation strike and everything seems a bit repetitive. I need more action!! Still wondering why Loid helped out the shitty spy, but whatever.
This never updates so that's cool
Nov 5, 2022 10:07 AM

Jan 2022
It was a pretty funny episode and the introduction of Daybreak is interesting, I hope he comes back later to make even more trouble for Twilight lmao.
I like everything, ok
Nov 5, 2022 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like the previous thread was removed again... And I'm not gonna write everything all over again. It was a good episode.
Nov 5, 2022 10:12 AM

Apr 2013
the sound design when damian pulled the anya meme face with the lines and all gave me nichijou feel, manga is really well adapted.
Nov 5, 2022 10:16 AM

Dec 2013
I couldn't stop thinking about Karamasu after that "Brother" haha, it is nice to see he finally got a job, poor Anya, nobody believes in her but it was a really nice touch to not change her notes sicne it was the results of her efforts.

Chihuahua Chikara / 10
Nov 5, 2022 10:19 AM

Nov 2021
That was hilarious. Great episode
Nov 5, 2022 10:22 AM

May 2015
Anya smug face never gets old.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 5, 2022 10:23 AM
Aug 2022
Glad to see anya working hard asnd more of yuri.
Nov 5, 2022 10:32 AM

Jan 2018
No OP? That's unusual. But I guess the episode needed more time.

Great episode. Yuri isn't a good tutor lol.

Daybreak is poor man's Twilight.
Nov 5, 2022 10:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol, the worst spy ever xD And it's funny how Anya is just happy to not have the worst marks xD She's not gonna progress with this mentality but it's hilarious
Nov 5, 2022 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode.We got to see Damian getting good marks but his expression is becoming like Anya...

We got to see Yuri teaching Anya too...

And finally the self proclaimed rival of Twilight - Daybreak.He is really funny.Pretty funny episode this time.Anya passed too.Overall,5/5 episode...

Nov 5, 2022 10:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Secret Agent? He's a better father, of course! kekeke
Nov 5, 2022 10:40 AM

May 2019
Poor Bond, I think he learned his lesson to be cautious around Yor's cooking lol. Speaking of which, I heard Yuri throwing up outside the house as he departed lol.

So I learned that Anya's telepathy has a weakness in that during a new moon she can't use it which meant, at least in this episode, that she would actually need to do the tests on her own since test day fell on a new moon. Based on that it's nice that she did not fail so she really did try, good for her.

Daybreak provided some additional comedy relief as he was doing all kinds of things that actual spy shouldn't do. Next episode previous showed a new student character and it appears it may revolve around Damian.
Nov 5, 2022 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
Cute episode: Anya did it again, dodging the bullet by nothing. XD
My candies:
Nov 5, 2022 10:48 AM

Oct 2015
Rip bond, nice SoL episode and daybreak is hilarious
Nov 5, 2022 11:03 AM
Jun 2022
This was probably the worst episode tbh. Pretty boring and isn’t that funny.
Nov 5, 2022 11:09 AM
May 2022
Why are the episodes always so short ??
Nov 5, 2022 11:29 AM
Nov 2018
Anya is bad at everything and it's not funny anymore. It's just annoying
Nov 5, 2022 11:30 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Anya's powers are affected by the lunar eclipse in which she can't use her psychic powers on the day of the eclipse. I have a feeling that we have not seen the last of Daybreak as he might be a reoccurring comedy relief character, but who hired him to alter the Desmond brothers tests and set them up for failure? Anya barely passed thanks to Loid's help as a spy.
Nov 5, 2022 11:31 AM

Feb 2014
Anya had to work hard in this episode. The exams would be held on the same day as the moon enters its "new moon" phase, so her powers would be pretty much unusable, so she had to work hard in getting better at her exams if she were to avoid getting a second tonitrus bolt to her name. It was a good thing that Yuri was invited to help her out and it led to an amusing study session between the two of them. Yor's cookies looked nice, but Yuri was sure to eat them all (before throwing it all up again outside), but even Bond suffered after eating a few crumbs as well! XD

As for Loid, he had to deal with Daybreak, a so-called spy whose goal was to sabotage the test results for Damian and his older brother. Daybreak's spy skills are complete garbage, but his luck stat was very high as Loid, in disguise, had to bail Daybreak out in order to get into the vault where the test scores were held. After Daybreak did his thing and left, Loid proceeded to correct things.

The result was a high score for Damian, who'll get his first stella star. Anya was 213th, but she did barely pass. Considering how bad she is at studying, it was nice to see her make an improvement, even if it's one small step in the right direction. She deserves a headpat at the very least! =)
Nov 5, 2022 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
I always imagined Yuuichi Nakamura voicing Twilight when reading the manga but I'll take him voicing wannabe Twilight here!

Watching the anime helps remind me of details that haven't been utilized in the manga since it was introduced. Like how Anya's telepathy is weakened when there's an eclipse for some reason...
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

357 by Ittan_Momen »»
Apr 20, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

700 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 18, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2022

219 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

255 by ad0rablegoat »»
Apr 11, 10:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.