Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2022 11:09 AM
May 2015
Fun episode. Maybe its just me, but when it comes to the score, there were some scenes that seemed too quiet, as in lacking background sounds. Also, the pace was very fast, especially for people who didnt read the manga, but since i did it was fine for me. Sorry if im complaing too much, I ejoyed it. Im looking foward for the next episodes.
Apr 9, 2022 11:14 AM
Jan 2020
Pietru said:
Still can't find the episode feelsbadman

it's on YouTube (muse Asia )
Apr 9, 2022 11:14 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Finally, been waiting for this for so long. When I first saw the manga, I thought it was going to be something I wouldn't enjoy. But I quickly feel in love with its charm, comedy, and wholesome family themes.

This episode was great, loaded with action and funny bits. The pacing felt a tad rushed though. But now they've established the mission and the world, I suspect it'll slow down starting next episode. Animation looked as great as it did in the previews. I'm hoping we get more of that jazz we heard in the next episode preview in the show itself. It sounded so good.

Anya being the heart of the show was everything I'd hoped she'd be animated.

Everyone can continue to blow thier loads over Kaguya 3, but this is the real anime of the season. Looking forward to the adventures with the Forgers!

5/5
Apr 9, 2022 11:15 AM

Sep 2020
Very awesome start!!! interesting that Anya can read people's mind, ad she is very cute~
Apr 9, 2022 11:18 AM

Apr 2021
pretty good episode, i look forward to the next episode.
Apr 9, 2022 11:20 AM

Mar 2020
The series got off to a great start. Anya's voice sounded cute. Looking forward to it since the series has beautiful animation and amazing story!
"You are destined to be who you are."
Apr 9, 2022 11:21 AM
Jun 2020
Very happy to see that many anime onlies enjoyed the episode!
Apr 9, 2022 11:22 AM

Dec 2018
Great first episode~
No wonder lots of people wanting this to animated. First episode and it's already score 9 in MAL. I thought Loid is his real name... Next episode, the mother is going to appear! She look so pretty! Can't wait to see her on the next episode.

Apr 9, 2022 11:22 AM
Dec 2018
Review in 3 words- YOU'LL LOVE IT
Apr 9, 2022 11:30 AM

Apr 2018
Jesus christ, 9.02 with only the first episode. This is a peak adaptation of the manga, it's one of my favorite and I'm so glad it got an anime adaptation. The voice actors, animation, visuals, OST and OP are all way TOO good. Loid and Anya's introduction in the start was done very well. They're one hell of a duo together and Anya's just the greatest, most adorable character you'll ever meet. I can't wait to see all the face expressions she'll be making in the 25 episodes that will air. Twilight's life as a spy will bring some problems on the way but he is Mr.Perfet so he'll be fine. Can't wait for episode 2 which is even BETTER.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 9, 2022 11:36 AM

May 2014
I was amazed by this first episode. Wholesome, funny and colorful. Anya is really cute, can't wait to see the mom joining the family next ep

Also the animation is stellar. This is a great contender for anime of the season alongside Kaguya sama in my list.
Apr 9, 2022 11:41 AM
Oct 2021
Beexi said:
@Softhenic03

Also cool OP they got there.

That’s not the opening song . For ep 1 they only put the ending song .
The opening song will be featured in ep 2 which is next week BY Official HIGE DANdism .

im pretty sure they played the OP right before loid and anya went to check if she passed the admission test though? i watched it live and haven’t rewatched yet so maybe it’s just my mind messing with me lmao
Apr 9, 2022 11:42 AM
Jan 2021
Ok wow!
I knew very little about this show going into it.

Episode 1 was amazing and I’m hooked already.
This is going to be fun :)
Apr 9, 2022 11:45 AM

Feb 2017
omg i love this so much already!

placeholder text
Apr 9, 2022 11:46 AM

Apr 2021
sugawararlert said:
Beexi said:
@Softhenic03

That’s not the opening song . For ep 1 they only put the ending song .
The opening song will be featured in ep 2 which is next week BY Official HIGE DANdism .

im pretty sure they played the OP right before loid and anya went to check if she passed the admission test though? i watched it live and haven’t rewatched yet so maybe it’s just my mind messing with me lmao

Nope, the opening does not play once.
Nov 2017
Great First Episode! It was worth the wait and i'm excited to see more!
Oct 2020
AbrarTJ said:
Underwhelming. Something is so off.i think it's the music. Ive read the manga and I love it. Though I'd say the first few chapters are also a bit bland. What I think the are trying to do here is build the family first and then make it all a bit upbeat and lively.
what? The first chapters are fire!. Shut up!
Apr 9, 2022 11:49 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Finally we get to see the first episode of the Spy x Family anime adaptation and its looking good so far. Twilight is tasked with getting close to his target Desmond who has been rumored in starting a war with Westalis with Operation Strix. The problem is that he only shows himself at gatherings in Eden College where his son attends, so he needs a child to pass the entrance exams so that Twilight would be allowed on Eden College's campus. Luckily, he finds and adopts a young girl named Anya and the two of them lived as father and daughter with the names Loid and Anya Forger(no pun intended). Anya is a psychic, but Twilight doesn't know that yet as she continues to read his mind. Anya managed to pass the entrance exam thanks to studying with Twilight, but another hurdle in the mission occurs when he has to attend an in person interview with Anya and her "mother" so Twilight has to scramble and find a potential wife.

This would be a fine replacement for Lupin III Part 6 that aired on Saturdays last season so I can't wait to see more of it.
Apr 9, 2022 11:50 AM
Oct 2020
Epic Episode! 🔥 ANYA!!! 💖
Apr 9, 2022 11:51 AM
Apr 2020
Banger ep. So happy to see one of my favorite manga done justice so far. Fluid animation, unique(in a good way) art style, and some nice music. I hope this 1:1 adaptation continues because the following chapters are even better.

One very small nitpick I have was the art for this scene

It was still cool, but the way it was done in the manga just hit different, plus the huge contrast helped show why he was 'twilight'.

Aside from that minor complaint tho, this is genuinely an amazing adaptation, and I hope that they can maintain this quality for both cours.
Apr 9, 2022 11:52 AM

Sep 2020
As expected Wit Studio did a great job. Love this anime gonna stick to it till the end.
Apr 9, 2022 11:57 AM

Aug 2021
That was a fun first episode! Anya is adorable as ever lol. I just started reading the manga recently, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they adapt some of the future chapters.

Can't wait to see this animated

Apr 9, 2022 11:59 AM

Oct 2018
my god.
just looking at anya's face and expression already made my day even better!!
🥺🥺🥺🥺
Apr 9, 2022 12:01 PM

Nov 2017
Well this looks very promising :D

plz @ me
Apr 9, 2022 12:13 PM
Nov 2021
Cool first episode
Anya is soo cute
The animation is very good as expected and the chara design is very similar to the manga

Can wait to see more it was great
Apr 9, 2022 12:18 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
this slaps. really really really really freaking hard.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 9, 2022 12:19 PM

May 2009
Really good first episode! Usually not into cutesy child characters in any way shape or form but Anya seems alright for now. It's going to be annoying how many people talk about her but it's ok, I have Foid to look at.
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

Apr 9, 2022 12:21 PM
Jul 2020
CloverWorks and Wit Studio were really successful in producing this anime. As a manga reader, I really enjoyed this adaptation. Can't wait for the next episode and also the debut of Yor Forger.

Apr 9, 2022 12:23 PM
Oct 2021
Oongbuh said:
sugawararlert said:

Nope, the opening does not play once.

yeah you’re right it didn’t! just checked again and it was played but i guess the streamer did it? it was the part of the 2nd trailer where it does play, then came ads and after that anya doing her admission exam lmao true
Apr 9, 2022 12:32 PM

Dec 2013
That was great, I don't usually watch shows with a more serious or dark tone but this one was perfect, besides I can't say no to a show with a character like Anya, too precious, I assumed she was going to be a genius child or something like that but she is just a regular playful girl, and lol I imagine she was going to just read the children minds to answer everything in the test and what do you know, they were actual kids crumbling under pressure, so cute, not only that but Hayami Saori is part of the main cast.
Apr 9, 2022 12:32 PM

Feb 2019
n another season, or maybe even had this come earlier in this season, I feel like the nonstop monologuing would have annoyed me more. Yeah, it's going for a noir kind of feel, but it's just nonstop through the entire episode. Practically twenty minutes straight of a deep voiced drawl, only occasionally interrupted by the child, who is usually accompanied by carnival music. I think the real problem with the endless internal monologue is that it's not really witty nor all that informative, mostly just plainly announcing every detail of what is happening. Again, yes, that is something that is part and parcel to noir, but it's not unusual for anime in general and this leans much more towards standard anime than into the noir side, especially when it's pulling crap like extended flashbacks out of nowhere.

I really wanted to see a better showing from both the spy side and the production. I do rather like heist things like Leverage or MacGyver, wits and ingenuity to beat the odds, and stringing up an elaborate tripwire and pulley trap with about thirty pounds of flour with an insta-made perfect face mask to copy Random Goon #4 is more like Lupin kind of antics while deliberately trying to be suave and debonair instead. It doesn't work all that well for me. It did at least introduce two characters with some kind of story and conflict that was resolved, so it accomplished something, which is more than can be said for a lot of shows this season, and a masculine drone is more soothing to the hindpart of the reptillian brain than a cacophony of high pitched screaming and/or JPop, but fairly soulless direction and not much effort past sufficient really kept this episode from having any particularly good or compelling scenes that I could point to and say "Yeah, this is what I want to see more of."
Apr 9, 2022 12:35 PM

Jul 2019
An absolute stellar adaptation. The witty monologues to production. Stellar. Perfection.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 9, 2022 12:43 PM

Feb 2018
How can I enjoy this? There's no Yor.

Banger episode, I cannot express how happy I am to see this animated.
Apr 9, 2022 12:46 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
What a good start, another great Anime in this banger season. The jazz music gives me Cowboy Bebop vibe and the way Forger disguises himself as other people reminds me a bit of Kaito Kid.
Apr 9, 2022 12:49 PM

Oct 2015
Blblblbl said:
How can I enjoy this? There's no Yor.

Banger episode, I cannot express how happy I am to see this animated.

Same, having to wait another week for Yor is gonna be painful
Apr 9, 2022 12:49 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Lloyd is on a mission to raise a family for the organization that works to catch the criminals.
Apr 9, 2022 12:53 PM
May 2021
Amazing introduction!

Twilight is a cool but caring badass, Anya is precious and their bond over the episode develops really well. Drew me in instantly.

Really looking forward to the rest of it.
Apr 9, 2022 1:01 PM

Dec 2016
I'm loving the story so far! And Anya is a really cutiepie <3 although her telepath scares me ^^; Can't wait for next week!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 9, 2022 1:03 PM

Oct 2018
Very happy to see an anime for this manga ^^
We will laugh with this beautiful trio :D
Apr 9, 2022 1:14 PM

Jan 2021
That was so good and the whole concept of the series is cool
Apr 9, 2022 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
Yesss, it's pretty decent adaptation so far! It was wholesome and cute episode, action was good too!
BUT the comedy doesn't land, because it isn't snappy or fast enough (but that's due to editing). Esp post-credit joke about Loid waking up and "oh are u gonna kill me?!" was very random. I really hope that as series goes on the editing of jokes will get better;
Apr 9, 2022 1:22 PM

Jan 2022
I was already expecting a bunch from this anime given how popular the manga is, and it did way more than deliver lmao

No complaints at all, before I started I was scared that Anya would be insanely smart and mature cause of her psychic abilities so I'm glad she behaves like a typical child.

Can't wait for the next episode
Apr 9, 2022 1:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As an anime only being introduced through the anime, I can definitely see why this was highly anticipated after one episode, I had no idea what to expect but I really enjoyed this.

I love to finally see the concept in action, Twilight being a top spy having to become a dad was hilarious to see throughout the episode, not to mention Anya, who is so cute it hurts and is also an esper, makes her a handful of a child for this new dad to handle lol, after hearing about how great she is I can understand why now, did not take long at all, and her VA is fantastic. This also had a nice share of action sequences thanks to Anya getting Twilight caught, I haven’t seen a spy movie in a long time so that was refreshing, very cool to see, and the end of the episode was incredibly wholesome with Anya getting into the school and Twilight actually happy.

Really excited to see more of this, a great first episode and more to come, next episode being titled “Secure Wife” sounds like it’s gonna be good lol, I’m exited to see her too. And if that was the ED we heard, it’s definitely a good one, now I wanna hear the OP next week hopefully!
Apr 9, 2022 1:29 PM

Jun 2021
Now i need to adopt Anya please, she is perfection

And next episode the best waifu, Yor
Apr 9, 2022 1:38 PM

Apr 2021
RayReynolds said:
n another season, or maybe even had this come earlier in this season, I feel like the nonstop monologuing would have annoyed me more. Yeah, it's going for a noir kind of feel, but it's just nonstop through the entire episode. Practically twenty minutes straight of a deep voiced drawl, only occasionally interrupted by the child, who is usually accompanied by carnival music. I think the real problem with the endless internal monologue is that it's not really witty nor all that informative, mostly just plainly announcing every detail of what is happening. Again, yes, that is something that is part and parcel to noir, but it's not unusual for anime in general and this leans much more towards standard anime than into the noir side, especially when it's pulling crap like extended flashbacks out of nowhere.

I really wanted to see a better showing from both the spy side and the production. I do rather like heist things like Leverage or MacGyver, wits and ingenuity to beat the odds, and stringing up an elaborate tripwire and pulley trap with about thirty pounds of flour with an insta-made perfect face mask to copy Random Goon #4 is more like Lupin kind of antics while deliberately trying to be suave and debonair instead. It doesn't work all that well for me. It did at least introduce two characters with some kind of story and conflict that was resolved, so it accomplished something, which is more than can be said for a lot of shows this season, and a masculine drone is more soothing to the hindpart of the reptillian brain than a cacophony of high pitched screaming and/or JPop, but fairly soulless direction and not much effort past sufficient really kept this episode from having any particularly good or compelling scenes that I could point to and say "Yeah, this is what I want to see more of."

To be completely honest, this entire post just sounds like you're using big/unusual words to make people think you're smarter but just failing miserably.
Apr 9, 2022 1:43 PM
Apr 2022
I have not read the manga, so know absolutely nothing about the story, but the hype around this one had me excited to watch and now I know why!

I was wondering if they were trying to set Twilight up as a Sherlock Holmes type character with his clever disguises and tricks, but it was actually refreshing to see he is actually clueless in some areas! He clearly has no experience with children, or relationships, and appears to be a bit of a workaholic, but the relationship that is starting to form with Anya already is so lovely.

I hope they continue to focus on the characters and their personal struggles as I think they are very compelling. Also, love that these bad guys are trying to expose some higher up for wearing a toupee XD I like the fact it’s not taking itself too seriously. Will defo be watching next week!
Apr 9, 2022 1:55 PM

Apr 2019
first episode was fire

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Apr 9, 2022 1:57 PM

Apr 2016
ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE!!! AOTS AOTY!!! MY BOY TAKUYA EGUCHI GOAT VA. ANYA IS ADORABLE. HAYAMI-SAMA AS YOR SOON! GOATTTTTTTTTTTTTT KINOOOOOOOOOO GOATVERWORKS AND WIT STUDIO DO IT AGAIN! BLESS ENDO-SENSEI AND FUJIMOTO FOR RAISING A GOAT
Apr 9, 2022 2:01 PM

Feb 2016
Get ready to watch one of the most wholesome series out there anime watchers.

Amazing first ep! I can't wait to see Yor!
Apr 9, 2022 2:17 PM

May 2021
First episode! It was eh. Not a big fan of Anya. She is just really annoying when she talks and does anything to me...

I never drop shows so I guess I'm kind of looking forward to the next episode?
AISHITERU...REM!
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

442 by AlxiBoua »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.