Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The finale was great, especially seeing the samurai in full gear. Loved the way Shaft adapted its character design too. As for this episode, I like how there's still comedic performances from Kanbaru. I just love her role this arc/season lol

The whole scenario with Araragi was also pretty interesting.
Really liked the way the word play was done that matched with Shaft's style of cinematic. And in the end, we got some Ougi/Araragi moments too.

Great season, one of my favorite shows this Fall. 8/10. Oh and can't forget Shinobu because Kizumonogatari coming soon! Shinobu eating Seishiro's remains was an iconic moment.
Stark700Dec 19, 2015 9:06 AM
Dec 19, 2015 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
This arc overall wasn't as good as Sodachi's (though that arc was really really good by Monogatari standards), but the last few episodes have really ramped up the pacing. I found the first's laugh to be comical during the duel, jumping midair and just going "hahahahahaha" the entire time.

And omg Shinobu crying.

Great show overall, 8/10. Hope someone subs Koyomimonogatari, and Kizumonogatari just can't come fast enough :P
spicychileDec 19, 2015 9:20 AM
I need sleep.
Dec 19, 2015 9:19 AM

Jan 2015
Awwww Shinobu cried T^T
Great finale to a great series.

9/10
Dec 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Apr 2014
lets just get straight to the point that convo in the beginning with hitagi was deep. i don't think ppl realize how deep it is unless they had similar ones with their significant others. damn i enjoyed that intro it seems like these intros these arcs has been really strong. like a book its really an attention grabber for the readers.

looks like mid way through araragari and we are noticing the stories diverge. since they are taking place at the same time. testing araragis love between shinbo, tsubasa, and hitagi now thats a bit cruel. but at the end of the day araragi made the predictable choice.

even doll said that araragi is too chatty around ougi which gives her another mysteries element to him. (notice my choice of pronouns)

the fight was a classic nisio pull in the end. lol i totally expected something anticlimactic and i got that. however visually i was impressed. honestly the ending to all this made this arc so much better. it was teetering on an 8 to 9 but this defiantly put it to a 9/10 arc.

overall as an entire series i enjoyed the first 6 episodes of sodachis arc far more while this is also good the overall rating I'm giving this season is 9/10.

Ougi Formula 10/10
Sodachi Riddle 9/10
Sodachi Lost 10/10
Shinbo Mail 8.5/10
moodieDec 19, 2015 9:34 AM
Dec 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2015
amazing chapter. Excellent ending, and finally we know who koyomi tells the stories.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Dec 19, 2015 9:24 AM

Feb 2012
So is this the end of TV Monogatari shows?

After this we got 3 more movies and that's it right?

Or is there more novels to be adopted?

Overall it was a nice season, not the best, but not that bad either.
Dec 19, 2015 9:26 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice ending to this arc, with Shinobu stading out the most. Can't wait for Kizumonogatari and Koyomimonogatari ! Hopefully they get to adapt the rest of Owari and Zoku-Owari soon.

For this episode: 5/5
For this series: 8/10 9/10
GoldenDevilGamerDec 19, 2015 9:33 AM
Dec 19, 2015 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
Great season, Monogatari Series always leave me without words.
Dec 19, 2015 9:31 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ramkec said:

There's three Owarimonogatari novels, this anime managed to adapt 2 pf the three, so they have to adapt the last one, and Zoku-Owarimonogatari, which is technically the final Monogatari novel in the series. They can probably do those two in another 12 more episodes. Also, just to add, they skipped Koyomimonogatari, which will get adapted this January as ONAs. Koyomimonogatari is just a bunch of short stories for Araragi. Also, new spin-off novels are starting to come out. Orokamonogatari was a couple of months ago, and Wazamonogatari this January... so expect more Monogatari :D
Dec 19, 2015 9:33 AM

Jan 2015
That's definitely good Ending, and excellent story overall. Another 8/10 for Monogatari Series.

ALSO C-U-Soon in Kizumono. :P
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 19, 2015 9:35 AM

Aug 2015
The greatest of the monogatari series so far. At least till kizu comes out. The ending was really great though the fight wasn't what i expected.Owarimonogatari deserves a solid 9/10. Right now 10/10 for me.[ I might lower it to 9 after a rewatch ]
Z-DanteDec 19, 2015 12:19 PM
Dec 19, 2015 9:35 AM

May 2012
Got a little teary eyed when Shinobu came to eat the first. You could see she really loves Araragi.

Overall this was great like always. I really like the first half. It gave more of a mind fuck then the second half. But at the same time I like the second half a lot because it gave some more info to Shinobu's past.

There are still things to be cuncern about like Gaen making a new demon sword. Other than that its still the same monogatari that I love.

9/10. Can't wait to see Kizumonogatari.

Also Senjougahara best girlfriend ever.
Dec 19, 2015 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
One of the best entries for the Monogatari Series up until now. It did not disappoint. Looking forward to Kizumonogatari.

Anime of the Year, 7/10.
Dec 19, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2010
Great ep and finale to this season. I think Owari was my 2nd fav after Second Season. Can't wait for more.

I'd say I liked SS>Owari>Bake>=Nise not counting the 4 ep ones.

Loved the talk with Hitagi at the start. Lol'd at him asking her so Kanbaru's perverseness is mainly from u XD

The way Koyomi won was awesome. Even surprising Gaen :O "Hito tachi" to "Hito Touchi" XD
Meme affecting things even when he's been gone for this long. I miss him :(

Shinobu's farewell scene to Seishirou was really nice :*)

More Ougi is always welcome. Such a troll XD

And ending it with Ononoki and her advice was perfect.

10/10 probably AOTS <3 With HQ & OPM
Dec 19, 2015 10:05 AM

Nov 2014
9/10 — Ougi Formula
8/10 — Sodachi Riddle
8/10 — Sodachi Lost
7/10 — Shinbo Mail

The visuals and soundtrack were excellent in every arc, and most of the conversational dialog during the first three arcs was intriguing to listen to. The series lost a lot of steam for me by the end of Sodachi Lost. Redundant dialog became redundant. No, it became verbose. No, it became too expository. (get it?) This became particularly taxing when Gaen was introduced. But I liked this last episode and the ending. It wrapped up everything relatively well.

7/10 overall
Dec 19, 2015 10:09 AM
Sep 2014
Awesome season! Just wanted to know more about ougi.
Dec 19, 2015 10:10 AM

Feb 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Ramkec said:

There's three Owarimonogatari novels, this anime managed to adapt 2 pf the three, so they have to adapt the last one, and Zoku-Owarimonogatari, which is technically the final Monogatari novel in the series. They can probably do those two in another 12 more episodes. Also, just to add, they skipped Koyomimonogatari, which will get adapted this January as ONAs. Koyomimonogatari is just a bunch of short stories for Araragi. Also, new spin-off novels are starting to come out. Orokamonogatari was a couple of months ago, and Wazamonogatari this January... so expect more Monogatari :D

Oh so that's how it is, I see.

Thx browski.
Dec 19, 2015 10:15 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode and great ending to the series. From the sweet conversation between Araragi and Senjougahara at the beginning of the episode to Araragi's resolve to help Shinobu to later the clever way that he ends the duel against the First (was him voiced by Rikiya Koyama in his true self?). I grew more respect for Araragi with the first episode of Owari and this one.

Shinobu's scene when she says farewell to the First was a sad, but a satisfying way to end the arc. I kinda feel bad for the First, but that is the way it have should end. The last conversation of Araragi with Ononoki was also reflexive, but makes me sad with the possibility that Araragi ends as an inmortal seeing all his loved ones die.

It has been an amazing series (better than Tsuki imo) and both arcs has been good for me. Oikura's story ended in a heartwarming but bittersweet way, Gaen's character had been interesting, seeing the old Kanabaru again was wonderful and Ougi was the surprise of this season without any doubt. I rate it 9/10. AOTS for me.

And, well, Monogatari Series, this is our farewell... until January of the next year. The Kixumonogatari hype is real!
Dec 19, 2015 10:19 AM
Jun 2015
Honestly, putting my personal bias towards One Punch Man aside, this is probably my favorite of the season. Thoroughly enjoyed these arcs. Time to hop on that Kizu hype train, and ride that bitch into the sun.
okqoiwfklweDec 19, 2015 10:33 AM
Dec 19, 2015 10:30 AM

Nov 2014
WOW shinobu is a fucking coward, she not going to see the guy until he was dead
from that point of view you can say that you learned something, still sucks
He is not happy? please...

This arc was very disappointing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
8/10.
I'm disappointed a little by this ending.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 19, 2015 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
Great ending to this arc and this latest installment in the Monogatari franchise; not only dealing with a lot of loose ends built up over previous series, but also leaving plenty of questions wide open to be answered in the future.

Thanks to the Sodachi arc and the final two or three episodes of Shinobu Mail, this series is one of the strongest in franchise for me at a 10/10. Oh, and it's definitely my AOTS too.

Now just to wait for Kizu and the Koyomonogatari episodes.
AtavisticDec 19, 2015 3:05 PM
Dec 19, 2015 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Every monogatari season is a great season 10/10

I'm excited for Kizumonogatari this winter :D

Dec 19, 2015 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
Great ending, really.
Dec 19, 2015 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
Loved how shinobu regrets at the end after all.

5/5 the episode

8/10 the season, very good though i don't feel it like a real ending tbh.
Dec 19, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
Shinobu eating the first. Touching episode. Pretty good overall. I'm curious about Ougi. Really hope they reveal about her.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 19, 2015 11:09 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Senjougahara and Araragi's conversation was very brief yet lovely. Even after being in a relationship for this long, she doesn't take him for granted and still makes effort to be special to Araragi. What a lucky bastard!

Shodai's laughing was hilarious, once again. Too bad, he didn't see that talisman hito-tacchi coming. Shinobu bidding him farewell made for quite a heartfelt scene.

The last bits with Ougi and Ononoki wrapped up this cour in a neat fashion. Ougi foreshadowed for Mayoi Hell while Ononoki gave Araragi some food for thoughts. Couldn't ask for a better closure.

This season of Monogatari has been a blast. Easily takes the titles of AOTS & AOTY of 2015. Now, patiently waiting for upcoming Koyomimonogatari & Kizu. Hopefully, second cour of Owarimonogatari will be done within 2016 as well.

Dec 19, 2015 12:30 PM

Feb 2015
It was pretty good, I think Owarimonogatari has become my second favorite monogatari season, after "Monogatari Series: Second Season"
Dec 19, 2015 12:32 PM

May 2014
It was a pretty good episode. But even though I know this show is not about it, I expected a much better fight.
Dec 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
Nice ending, all that hype around the duel. With Monogatari it usually resolves in a surprisingly simple way.
8.5/10
Dec 19, 2015 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
Senjougahara and Araragi's conversation at the beginning was touching, he's really lucky to have a gf like her, even if she can be odd at times.

A nice episode and a good season all around, 7/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 19, 2015 1:02 PM

Jun 2014
Ononoki laying down some words of wisdom. I think this really was the point in Araragi's life where he realized that he needed to set himself straight and become a better person (which we saw in Hanamonogatari).

"Staying misfortunate is negligence, and not trying to become happy is cowardice."

A story in your life might end, but that doesn't mean you stop living. You can still make the best out of the worst endings. Just live with it and work hard towards making a better one for the sequel.
Dec 19, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2015
Good-guy Araragi as expected.
Dec 19, 2015 1:06 PM

Feb 2015
Good final. Good season. Now we just wait for Kizumonogatari, Koyomimonogatari, Owarimonogatari Gekan, Zoku Owarimonogatari...
Dec 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
Araragi talks with Senjougahara for a little while before the battle.

At the high school, the site of the battle, Kanbaru helps Araragi train for a little bit. He then receives a message showing Hanekawa at his house, and he finds out from Kanbaru that her house had burned down and that she's staying at his house.

Gaen tells him that Senjougahara and Hanekawa could be in trouble, so he sends Kanbaru over to his house to check.

The fight with the first oddity slayer takes place, and Araragi kills him by putting the talisman on him. The oddity slayer melts, and Shinobu apologizes to him and eats his remains.

Cut to Araragi talking to Ougi and telling her about the aftermath of the battle. Then he runs into Yotsugi and she gives him some advice.

The final scene is of Araragi going to the shrine and contemplating.

2/5 for the episode, 3/10 for the season.

The good thing is that throughout the course of this season, due to being unbiased against Monogatari despite disliking it, I decided to start reading the light novels and I think they're decent, and so I got a better grasp of the reason I dislike the anime.

It's not because of the dialogue (it's the same as the dialogue in any other anime anyway), nor because of the characters or the story, because those are okay despite having their flaws. It's because of Shaft's direction.

I know that Shaft has been using the exact same visuals for every single Shinbo-directed anime ever since 2005, but I feel that when making Monogatari, they rely on their visuals too much as a crutch even moreso than on their other shows.

They keep cutting to Dadaist visuals, text screens, weird camera angles and extreme closeups, which wouldn't be a problem, except that they focus on them far too much, and it detracts from the experience. They go too overboard with those and fail to build up a good momentum for the pacing.

Regardless of what I think of Shaft's other shows, the animation is never a problem, and in some cases is even a redeeming quality. Monogatari is literally the only Shaft show where I feel that the animation detracts from everything else.

I most likely would have enjoyed every Monogatari series up to this point a lot better if it had been adapted by a different studio, considering that Katanagatari (which was written by the same guy) was adapted by White Fox, and I'm enjoying that show a lot so far.

Regardless, I'll watch the next season. I want to see if there's a time where I feel that Monogatari lives up to its potential, and I don't want to miss anything in the meantime.
Dec 19, 2015 1:48 PM

Nov 2009
Hanamonogatari is my favourite arc, and sadly this season has not changed that.

But the series as a whole is amazing.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Dec 19, 2015 2:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not quite on the level of some of the top arcs in the Monogatari series, but a satisfying watch nonetheless. Finally the mystery of what Araragi was doing while the events of Nekomonogatari were taking place is solved. He had a pretty good excuse after all!

Senjougahara's little cameos are a delight as always.

More than ever I'm now convinced that Ougi is the final aparition that Araragi will have to defeat. Look forward to next couple of Monogatari productions.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 19, 2015 2:53 PM

May 2013
The convo with Hitagi and Shinobu crying really got me in this episode. Nice wrap up for the finale. 8/10, can't wait for Kizu and Koyo and hopefully the other books soon.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 19, 2015 3:12 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Great ending.
Not at the level of some seasons but still, it was a great comeback.
Now, let's go for Koyomimonogatari while we wait for Kizu !
8.5/10 !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 19, 2015 3:28 PM

Aug 2015
Ending felt great, pumped for the 2nd cour and Kizu.

9/10
Dec 19, 2015 3:35 PM

Sep 2013
Ononoki:
"Can it be that you think of putting up with misfortune or unfortunate circumstances as putting forth a good effort? In society, things like that are called 'doing nothing'. Don't think you'll be forgiven because you are unfortunate. You should be aiming for the happy ending."
Dec 19, 2015 4:39 PM

Jul 2014
mugi said:
Rewatching Bake makes you appreciate Shafts initial direction more because you notice how stale and static it got. Nise was a good example of making it look more fluid though. But if you're reading the novels I wonder what makes you say that something like Katanagatari would be better directing when it really wouldn't work Monogatari. The novels are 70% narrator monologue and thoughts and the rest is dialogue. There is very little exposition surrounding the movements, environment and such.

The visuals are fine when the characters have internal monologue, or if they're talking by phone, but it's distracting when the scene is the characters talking with each other in person or doing something and they intersperse it with Dadaist visuals, closeups, etc. I would get into the story a lot more if all they showed in those scenes was the characters doing whatever it is they're doing, without the animation dancing around it by showing other stuff.
Dec 19, 2015 7:31 PM

Aug 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Great ep and finale to this season. I think Owari was my 2nd fav after Second Season. Can't wait for more.

You mean Monogatari Second season or Nisemonogatari?

Monogatari Second Season still the best for me. Jiangshi arc and of course, the iconic Nadeko arc,Kaiki vs Nadeko still top for me.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 19, 2015 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
I think Shinbou is sending us a silent message, which reads, "I don't want to work on this series anymore."
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 19, 2015 8:59 PM

Jan 2011
It was good but not my favorite of the series. This had a lot of character revelation and bond building which makes it stand out from the other entries. The continuation off of Owari will be better I think.
Dec 19, 2015 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
DawnJ said:
I think Shinbou is sending us a silent message, which reads, "I don't want to work on this series anymore."
huh?
Dec 19, 2015 9:06 PM

Jul 2014
Nice Ending.

Really love the phone talk with Senjougahara, it was a brief talk but sweet and meaningful.

Also love Araragi's resolve to fight for Shinobu.

Shinobu's farewell scene is kinda sad but satisfying for ending. (feel bad for the first, but thats how it should be...... )

Love Sodachi arc more than Shinobu Mail.

NOW ALL ABROAD THE KIZU HYPE TRAIN.
Dec 19, 2015 10:56 PM

Oct 2011
Overall, a satisfying ending. I found it interesting that Senjougahara stated that she would dump Araragi if she found someone with better qualifications. Of course, no relationship is perfect, and she makes a good point of always trying to be the best person for your significant other.

Also, I liked Araragi's little monologue about happiness and time in the end. With the juggle of tasks we have in daily life, we feel as if we need more time, but there are also times that we have too much free time and don't know what to do with it.

Looking forward to Kizu.
Dec 20, 2015 12:02 AM

Jun 2015
That was a satisfying finale... bring on Kizu!
:)
Dec 20, 2015 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
The only thing on my mind right now is if Araragi ended up getting laid .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

146 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

211 by TheColonel76 »»
May 15, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

171 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

172 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

154 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.