Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2015 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And this series concluded with the final game. I got some Btooom vibes from this one along with emotional pain the characters felt as they were playing.

Quite a destructive ending....
Mar 29, 2015 2:06 PM
Oct 2013
Hmmmmm, IMO making it into TV series would be a better choice, now it all feels rushed and weird.
Mar 30, 2015 7:35 AM

Feb 2014
Check on nyaa torrents.

Yeah I hope they made the tv series, the material source is more than enough. If I remember correctly, the manga currently also enters the final arc. I just hope someday this will be fully adapted into tv series.
Mar 30, 2015 9:12 AM

Dec 2008
technically speaking I have seen the whole series, but the translatio nwas so bad I will just wait till a decent one comes out. But this is still marked as finished for me. Unfortunately I feel this coulda done better with an intro and outro theme, and of course many more episodes. I almost want to see the manga..buuut..lol. Like saw meets alice in wonderland. I dug this ova!!!!
Mar 30, 2015 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
The manga is absolutely awesome and you're lying to yourself if you think it doesn't deserve your attention
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Apr 19, 2015 5:40 AM

Apr 2012
Somehow I can see similarities between this episode and Saiyuki Gaiden OVA Ep.3. Trying to escape the cage together but only one survives...
Is there anyone who agree with me?

Apr 24, 2015 3:53 PM

Jan 2012
Wow. Just wow. Just f/cking wow. That was brutal. And then I thought that ova has a lot of likable characters. Well, didn't see this coming.

I really hope we'll get full tv series in future.
May 2, 2015 4:50 PM

Nov 2014
Wow, what a strong episode. I want more..

Jul 1, 2015 4:41 AM
Jun 2014
I can say that it's one hell of the best introduction to manga! Everyone who are talking how there are no subs for the episode, go and read manga instead!
And about wishes of people to get TV series adaption: I don't really remember where, but I read that this was made to introduce the manga, not to say: "We might make TV series, if enough people liked OVA). So, I have to say that sadly it most likely won't happen... (thought, I would watch TV series as well! The manga is awesome!)
Jul 6, 2015 4:46 AM

Oct 2013
I'm disappointed that they decided to make an OVA rather than a full Season, which is what this deserves.

Syberg said:
And about wishes of people to get TV series adaption: I don't really remember where, but I read that this was made to introduce the manga, not to say: "We might make TV series, if enough people liked OVA). So, I have to say that sadly it most likely won't happen... (thought, I would watch TV series as well! The manga is awesome!)

Sadly this is the case with many anime today.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 18, 2015 10:03 PM

Jul 2011
That was....insane. I watched the first four minutes of that guys sub, then I took the translation that guy posted, and played the raws right next to it, so I could watch the raw and read the translation at the same time.

I really enjoyed this anime. I hope it gets more
Aug 18, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2012
Fucked up story, just as I like. I really, really hope that this story gets an anime adaptation, it has a ton of story potential.
Aug 19, 2015 1:51 PM

Jun 2013
kyuudere said:
Check on nyaa torrents.

Yeah I hope they made the tv series, the material source is more than enough. If I remember correctly, the manga currently also enters the final arc. I just hope someday this will be fully adapted into tv series.

Just to adding on seeing how there's no subbed version...yet.

It starts off with the last episode (2nd Ova) in Arisu invite the "climber" girl with short pink hair to join them but she declines stating that they might end up trying to kill each other depending on the game (premonition of what happens in this ova).
Next is just pure conjecture on my part; Shibuki recalls her first game which was also that of Hearts which I think places every player directly at risk through the use of poison, bombs, etc. I didn't fully understand this part but basically she had to walk through a train; each compartment with it's own gas mask filled with oxygen or poison unknown. She claims that she became resolved and even hoped for death then mentioning that she didn't partake in the previous game because she was scared to. Chouta sympathizes with her and she with him.

Then they all pep themselves up saying things like, "We'll show you how we'll all survive...together." And Arisu cuts off narrating that at the time, he believed it.

The game itself is as described by kyuudere. Though at the end Karube and Arisu reminisce about his dream to life peacefully in Australia and thanks Chouta for making him remember how important their lives are to him. At this point, Arisu begs for them to coming out noting how it was strange that the "Wolf" who was in hiding is now back to searching for them and that he doesn't want to live at their expense. Shibuki also mentions how she doesn't want to carry such a burden. The three die and Karube's cigarette sets fire to the garden.

Finally, the climber girl appears(forgot her name sorry) and asks Arisu if he wants to live, receiving no reply she starts walking away merely saying, "I see." Arisu then shouts and questions who could take pleasure in such games and swears to kill that person. They join forces. Damn cliffhangers...

Seriously, You start to realize that you've been watching to much anime when you no longer need subs...(-_-)
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
I might be crazy. So, what's the problem?

Aug 27, 2015 4:18 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Needs series. Would enjoy it much as Gantz. Characters here are just so fun xD
Sep 6, 2015 6:53 PM

May 2009
The art was ok, nothing special, with a few flaws here and there. The ED is kinda cool. But the last episode is just... wtf?? Did that rellay happen?? This really makes me want to read the manga!
Sep 15, 2015 6:19 PM
Mar 2015
Man, that ending o_o For some reason I thought the power of friendship would save them LOL. I was hoping Kanji's (Persona 4) clone would live ): I liked him.

But at least the guy who cries all the time got laid by sexy boob lady and they got to use cool (Dragon Ball inspired?) gadgets.

I feel like this would be even better if it was slower paced and turned into a full TV series, but I guess I'll have to do with the manga now. Once I stop being sad about the ending ;__;
Sep 15, 2015 10:27 PM

Oct 2011
I cannot believe NOOOOOOOOOOOOO T_____________T
Sep 16, 2015 3:53 AM

May 2014
I wasn't ready to experience the feels again. Fuck. This needs a longer running adaptation :(
I mean the beach has yet to come!
Sep 16, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2010
This game was way too cruel, how this game only worked out with a group like this, where the rules actually applied.

Choosing to die as people, and not as mindless monsters that only thinks of survival, it really was the best choice, but a heartwrenching one at that.

If that is a hearts 7, I really can't imagine all the difficulties above it, what is left for any further games is to actually lose their humanity?

I'm sold, what games does the diamond contains, and with each rising difficulty makes it very interesting. Probably going to read the manga sometime soon.

The part where Arisu was looking for them, and how Karube sneaked a peek, these small details really does bring forth the emotions. Damn this :/
Sep 16, 2015 10:35 AM

Sep 2013
wow. That ending was a little beyond fucked up.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 16, 2015 6:59 PM
Oct 2011
"That ending"

There was no "ending." I absolutely hate anime like this. Stories have a setup, a conflict, and a resolution. This had two out of the three. If the producers knew they had a three ep. OVA to work with, they should have provided some closure and left it open-ended, not this bullshit incomplete series that they wound up putting out.

It's one of my pet peeves and it happens way too often in anime. Audiences deserve some closure and if it doesn't happen, it sours the whole series.
Sep 16, 2015 8:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, the feels.
I had seen it before in the manga but damn ..
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 17, 2015 3:43 AM
Sep 2015
Is there Going to be an episode 4????
Sep 17, 2015 4:12 AM

Apr 2015
It ended but it didnt end for real. I hate when this happens.
They left a lot of unanswered questions...
Though I really hoped everyone would live on, but man.... I cant even say anything LOL
Its messed up :|
Sep 17, 2015 5:29 AM
Nov 2009
The pacing from ep 1 to 3 was pretty fast but it was pretty enjoyable to marathon. Felt like watching a movie. Might read the manga after this. 8/10
Sep 18, 2015 8:45 AM
Mar 2015
It was a really enjoyable OVA. Dat cliffhanger tho.

I really wished that theyd produce it as a full anime series instead but it did its job and provided exposure for the manga.
Sep 19, 2015 3:59 AM

Dec 2010
Dat ending was sad :/ I liked the first two episodes better than the last though. Still a good OVA. I just hope they adapt the manga into an anime in the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 11:55 AM

Dec 2009
That cliffhanger though. Definitely gotta jump on the Manga after that.
Sep 19, 2015 7:29 PM

Jul 2011
I like what I saw. And I'm tempted to read the manga, which is quite rare.

I think the name Alice totally threw me off. The premise is good, but I like the execution and the touch of human nature. Now Alice has motive to survive beyond just survival.
Sep 20, 2015 9:47 PM

Dec 2012
My Gantz substitute is over. NOOOOOO! The similar Gantz moments in this episode made me think about Gantz(lol). This needs an TV adaption. We need more! I'm going to wait until the final chapters are announced before I start reading.

Starting on October 6th, the Alice in Borderland OVA's will be airing on Tokyo MX each week.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 22, 2015 9:39 PM

Jun 2013
This really needs a full length series. This would be such an awesome episode if we knew the characters more. I did not see that ending coming. I thought that there would be some loophole in the rules and Alice would figure it out and everyone would come out alive at least. But they all die for each other and Alice ends up being the guy who survives.

So yeah keep the same staff and give this a god damn tv anime already!
Oct 3, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2013
Killed off the coolest character. Not a move I like.
Oct 8, 2015 6:52 AM

Sep 2013
Such an emotional roller coaster phew! Wished it was longer though =3=
Oct 17, 2015 6:41 PM

Oct 2010
I hope this OAV gets more interest so they can make this into a tv series because this one of the most promising OAV I've seen in a while. If it do get a show I hope it is not a big in between then like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's OAV and TV series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2015 5:05 PM

Feb 2010
Royce said:
I hope this OAV gets more interest so they can make this into a tv series because this one of the most promising OAV I've seen in a while. If it do get a show I hope it is not a big in between then like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's OAV and TV series.

This is the best survival game manga I had read, and I read a lot. I am far ahead of everyone because I can read other translations.

Give the manga a go, it's damn fucking good.
Nov 6, 2015 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
You're right Live2Win. I've just got through reading it, and I can't believe that the Beach Hotel arc was that great.
RoyceNov 8, 2015 4:10 PM
Nov 6, 2015 3:37 PM

Nov 2009
Now that was brutal - in a good way, but so sad, too. I’m almost crying here. Human nature was portrayed in a pretty accurate manner, in my opinion. It’s unfortunate that there are only 3 episodes, hopefully it’ll be made into a bigger series when the manga have enough chapters to adapt (I think it’s gonna take a while, though). I’ll probably read the manga now :)
8/10 (might change to 7/10 but probably not)

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Nov 9, 2015 6:22 AM

May 2012
I hope they make more OVA or even TV series for this
Nov 20, 2015 5:53 PM

Jul 2013
Those are true friends man. Damn. The feels are real with this ep.
I might have to read the manga now.
Dec 28, 2015 7:55 AM

Dec 2012
Wow this finale was awesome. Arisu survived against his will.
These 3 OVAs are really good. I hope they make a complete anime.
Apr 15, 2016 8:30 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
That was an end that I didn't expect.....nope. I guess if you get used to seeing things that have a nice bow all tied up at the end, then you don't expect one like this. 8/10 for me.
Apr 16, 2016 5:31 AM

Aug 2010
Very emotional episode, really liked it
Apr 25, 2016 6:06 PM

Sep 2013
Shibuki's character went 180 from strong to whiny, Chouta was whiny as ever but Karube was killed off....wtf

This ep felt a lot different than other 2 eps, it also put off my interest in the manga.
May 8, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2010
Wow, that was intense. But I think it's should've been longer. Seriously, 3 episodes....?
And it was kinda stupid to think the game was finished after that wolf/sheep game. Maybe he has to play some more now that there's less people.
Oct 25, 2016 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Arisu, he has to live with that guilt for the rest of his life.
Dec 11, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2015
why no there no ova 4 ?
Feb 3, 2017 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
This was definitely not the ending I was expecting, I will be checking out the manga for sure.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 4, 2017 5:09 PM

Mar 2014
Man.. Even tho' I already knew what was going to happen, I'm in tears. The last episode was freaking sad
May 17, 2017 9:24 PM

Oct 2015
Lol the moment Karube and Arisu left CHouta with Shibuki, I was already expecting them fucking LOL
Jul 4, 2017 8:45 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't like the ending and it was like so goddamn sad and i am not satisfied with how it ended so i'm going to read the manga and see what happens between Usagi and Arisu and i hope they're progressing in the manga , Well i loved the action and the story it's somewhat like Btooom but well it ended with an incomprehensible ending so yea i have to read the manga , Looking Forward !!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imawa no Kuni no Alice Episode 2 Discussion

busan - Dec 22, 2014

37 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 23, 2023 6:26 AM

» Where does the ova leave off in the manga

daddymahitowo - Jul 12, 2023

4 by Fukoku »»
Sep 12, 2023 2:44 PM

» I'd like to have a full series to the end of this

AnimeLayer - Jul 17, 2021

8 by Fukoku »»
Sep 12, 2023 2:43 PM

» Is anime version better than the web series?

Satou__kazuma - Mar 5, 2023

4 by Fenyy »»
Mar 6, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Imawa no Kuni no Alice Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

38 by Homura24 »»
Jan 13, 2023 3:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.