Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 27, 1:02 PM

Dec 2023
Lerche this season tried setting their priorities straight on what they wanted to be well animated and it shows. This episode especially the Ryuen scene is an example of that.

As an anime watcher, I kinda saw the Kei ship coming and although I like Kei, I couldn't be happy watching it cause I was thinking; "He's doing exactly what Hirata did" He's only using his pawn for self-growth which I hope changes him for the better although it can also be a bad thing.
I'm going to hate when he uses Kei who genuinely likes him like a "textbook" and dumps her. If that goes according to his plan. Hopefully that changes.
Mar 27, 1:03 PM
Mar 2024
yo wsg snapchat @dr_chilli128
Mar 27, 1:03 PM
Nov 2018
@LessThanAnimeFan Kei seen more of Ayan dark side than anyone else. He has less to hide around her than anyone else
Mar 27, 1:05 PM
May 2022
Yes, the last episode of the 3rd season made me felt like, "okay, I'll be back in action at school"
yes if I can go back to my school, hahaha

Mar 27, 1:09 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to LemonMAL
@LessThanAnimeFan

He chose Kei because

1. She's easy to read and doesn't seem like she will betray him
2. He's finds her attractive
3. She holds a lot of sway over the girls in the school
4. If he ends up discarding her, she will be able bounce back quickly. Unlike with Suzune or Ichinose.
5. He holds a deal with her that she can make use of him however she wants, but she has made no attempt to do so
@LemonMAL

Those are not bad aspects he based his choice on but I wonder who he would go with for a serious relationship. If we take into account he savagely rejected Maya because she ain't very bright it would be probably Arisu then because she is second to him in brains.
Mar 27, 1:52 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This is not saying much, but I think this is my most favourite season out of the 3. And this is not taking into account how much was butchered, cut out, and altered (it's been a while since I read it so I don't remember everything... and actually I don't think I've read 11.5 yet, ig I'll get to that rn), but simply just for what it is.

During most of the 2nd season I was like "ugh another COTE episode, why am I doing this to myself?" But this season was like: "Oh hey a new COTE, yay" Instead of a 5 this time, I'll give it a 6, I guess.
BetaMaleUltraMar 27, 2:30 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 27, 2:19 PM

Sep 2015
Reply to MomoSinX
@LemonMAL

Those are not bad aspects he based his choice on but I wonder who he would go with for a serious relationship. If we take into account he savagely rejected Maya because she ain't very bright it would be probably Arisu then because she is second to him in brains.
@MomoSinX

His rejection of Maya had nothing to do with her intelligence. In the LN he said he would have accepted her because she's the most normal girl at the school, but his fathers visit to the principal changed his thinking. Unfortunately the anime has to make Ayanokoji a souless monster, so he can't show that he always liked Maya more than the other girls.
Mar 27, 2:25 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Mainnus
Bro remain expressionless while saying the sweetest things that would make regular romance MC dies in cringe. based as ever.

A good send off episode, warping things up neatly without setting too much for future story. Overall, Intellectually more pleasing that the two previous season.
@Mainnus I hope I'm smiling Lol
Mar 27, 2:27 PM
Apr 2023
If this anime changes animation studio next season, it's gonna be a banger.

Btw I can't stop laughing when Ayanokoji says he likes her lol
Mar 27, 2:29 PM

May 2021
Feels like episode 12 was the real ending of this season and this is just an afterstory
Inhales oxygen
Mar 27, 2:31 PM

Nov 2012
You knoooow... Ayanoukogi is starting to give me that serial killer vibe, especially at the end. Poor Kei. I hope he doesn't throw her away like a dirty rag when he's done reading her book.
Mar 27, 2:37 PM

Apr 2015
Ayanokoji meets the harem the episode. Well, he got Kei, but this relation seems so "i am using her"

it was a good season, don't mind another season.
ScarRufusMar 27, 2:40 PM
Mar 27, 2:51 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to LemonMAL
@MomoSinX

His rejection of Maya had nothing to do with her intelligence. In the LN he said he would have accepted her because she's the most normal girl at the school, but his fathers visit to the principal changed his thinking. Unfortunately the anime has to make Ayanokoji a souless monster, so he can't show that he always liked Maya more than the other girls.
@LemonMAL

Oh wow thanks for the info, didn't know the anime changed him so drastically.
Mar 27, 3:08 PM

May 2021
Rinrinka said:
Can't wait to see the next season and see others reaction about him dating Kei, especially Ichinose's :D

@Rinrinka so real, so true. I need to see Ichinose's reaction to this lmao. I was almost sold that Ayanokouji was gonna ask Ichinose to date him this last episode because they ended their alliance but KK was probably the easier catch. Also surprised to see him having "regular" romantic feelings for once, even though he's still a stonewall he may be turning a corner. Though in the back of my mind I think he is still just gonna use her as a means to an end. I hope they announce the next 2 seasons!
Mar 27, 3:22 PM
Dec 2022
Solo puedo decir que ha sido espectacular: La batalla mental entre Ayanokoji y Sakayanagi, la progresiva revelación del pasado de Ayanokoji, el desarrollo de Horikita o todos los misterios sobre la White Room. No puedo esperar a la temporada 4.
Mar 27, 3:28 PM
Jan 2023
Finally, I saw a very clear and perfectly adapted from LN episode. This was overall by far the best episode in this 3rd season, they adapted everything, even kanzaki talk against ryuen, who until now, got literally 0 screentime. Homewher they skipped a little some dialogues, most important parts where the dialogues under the rain with Ichinose, but this is a great episode. Rating 8,5/10
Mar 27, 3:41 PM

Nov 2017
How does Ayanokōji troll Kei to end the second season!
Mar 27, 3:45 PM
Oct 2019
oh boy he did it!!

but Kei = Book LMAO

Overall this season was just okay...
6/10

Hopefully Lerche can do better next season, it's frustating to see one of the best selleing LN in Japan getting this kind of adaptation right?
Mar 27, 4:20 PM

Aug 2017
bro is fucking scary! Ayanakoji literally cook anyone he meets this episode! and the minute 21:26 is the most Aayanokoji thing ever! Bro confess with a poker face, lie without blinking, pulling her in like a blitcrank! damnnnn he told chairman to bring it on, he told Ryuenji noob, he told Horikita "you guys aren't worth my effort"...bro fold everyone in the most Ayanakoji way hahaha
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 27, 4:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Ayanokouji's strategic confession to Kei at the end was nice, they're going out together as planned, I'm hooked to see what's coming next now if they do another season especially with the new rival that has been teased, even though it's rushed and all but I didn't read LN anyway
Mar 27, 4:33 PM
Mar 2023
The last 3-4 minutes after the ED single-handedly raised my rating for this anime
Mar 27, 5:02 PM
Oct 2019
what an episode my friends, what a good episode, I'm really waiting for the next season, let it come soon
Mar 27, 5:21 PM

Aug 2020
Oh, this episode was nice and cool. Ayano hanged and talked with most of the best girls... Ryuuen is getting edgy again, but he won't get the better hand easily.

Kiyotaka's proposal to Kei was cute but also frightening lol he is showing his true colors again in the end.

Mar 27, 5:24 PM

May 2016
Such a way to end it, big win.
Mar 27, 5:28 PM
Oct 2023
Best season but season 1 still has better animation. Can't wait for season 4 with proper animation.
ATRIUM5Mar 27, 5:34 PM
Mar 27, 5:46 PM
Mar 2019
Finally, Ayanokouji makes his choice. But, it is more than meets the eye. Still he sees people as pieces in a chess board. Maybe, he'll meet someone who won't make him think that way? Next, season, please...
Mar 27, 6:04 PM
Oct 2023
And here we are at the end of season 3. This season was pretty well done but some parts felt a bit rushed.I am really interested to see the white room subjects come in next season and how Ayanokoji will deal with the chairman. The whole Kei thing at the end was nice. Lets see if Ayanokoji manages to actually fall in love and not just learn about it.
Mar 27, 6:47 PM

Apr 2022
that surprise attack from ryuuen had more budget gone into that than the rest of the season combined damn. i actually kinda liked s1 but now we've had 2 very boring seasons in a row, if there's somehow another then i hope it gets better at least visually.
Mar 27, 7:08 PM

Jan 2008
"...I'll deal the killing blow". Thanks, I needed that reminder that the MC is a villain.

Let's hope this new relationship with Kei will give him a greater personality than a raw potato.

I completely forgot who Kanzaki was and had to look him up to jog my memory. Some of these characters just fade into the background.
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to LemonMAL
@LessThanAnimeFan

He chose Kei because

1. She's easy to read and doesn't seem like she will betray him
2. He's finds her attractive
3. She holds a lot of sway over the girls in the school
4. If he ends up discarding her, she will be able bounce back quickly. Unlike with Suzune or Ichinose.
5. He holds a deal with her that she can make use of him however she wants, but she has made no attempt to do so
@LemonMAL You forgot 6) She's genuinely fallen for him completely, like head over heels, and she gets jealous as well

You know, they say between loving and being loved you should choose the latter every time.

Ayanokoji be like "if I really have to get a gf better be one who loves me" since rn he can't really see himself being the one loving
bruh
Mar 27, 8:27 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Well good finale for season 3. Ayankouji as per usual is using people as a textbook and manipulating so he can get what he wants. Even said he hoped he was smiling but the look on his face proved that so far that white room really messed him up. Looking forward to the 4th season whenever it comes. So far this was probably my favorite season.
Mar 27, 8:36 PM
Feb 2016
Boaaa caralhoooo
Mar 27, 8:42 PM

Jul 2022
There were less 'kung fu' fights than I expected, it was calm for most of this third season

Mar 27, 8:59 PM

Sep 2018
Man, these girls are whipped lol. How can you stand there smiling and all intimate with a dude who looks like a serial killer looking back at you?
Mar 27, 9:09 PM

May 2018
next season is gonna need a harem tag
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 27, 9:33 PM
Aug 2023
An okay end to an okay season tbh. There were so many episodes where nothing much happened and then bam the last scene or the last few scenes will save the episode.

Case in point episode 13, the season finale. Quite lacklustre if I say so myself. I know the main part of the story has ended up to that point and now you’re just killing time as you set up future events but show me a little something or someone. You have a great interesting incoming class of characters. Show me the hooligan Hosen, the firecracker Ichika Amasawa, the smoke demon that is Fuka Kiryuin or even that smug little bastard Takuya Yagami. But no, nothing! smh

Yet I have to admit it did melt my heart to see Kei so flustered that she couldn’t even speak in complete sentences anymore. You could see the moment she finally found complete and utter security as she relaxed into the 🐐’s arms. So damn cute and wholesome.
Mar 27, 9:59 PM
May 2018
Honami is the best girl beyond a shadow of a doubt 🩷🩷🩷
She is shining all the season 🩷
I'm happy that final Honami scene has been animated, but they are ruined it.
It should have been an extremely intimate moment between them.
Koji was supposed to caress her hair and move her hand a little around her cheeks and then slide his fingers on her lips.
It's made to be intimate between them to comfort her out of her depression.
Mar 27, 10:00 PM

Apr 2013
MY SHIP HAS SAILED!! that is all, even though he doesnt get it yet, im so glad he picked her!!
Mar 27, 10:06 PM
Jan 2024
just waiting for season 4
Mar 27, 10:36 PM

Dec 2018
What a strange way to end a season...the whole episode felt awkward and inorganic, and not at all like a finale.
Mar 27, 11:00 PM
Sep 2023
poor kei getting used as a tool. ayano should just confess his love to ichinose and go to class b.
Mar 27, 11:06 PM

Jul 2014
Hey I like that Ayano has been bonding with Hiyori over a common hobby... even if we haven't seen it until now. And after that, calling Kei just to make her jealous xD.

"I wouldn't mind being crushed by you" Really? lol

My best girl Ichinose being cute af and opening up to Ayano while he is thinking that if there would be a case that Ichinose is about to fall into ruin, he would deal the killing blow. This guy xD.

Yeah Matsushita looked like she was going to do something else after the final exam. I wonder if we'll really see more of her or will she just be a character we'll see here and there.

And finally the Ayanokoji x Kei ship sailed... kinda. I mean, the guy seems like he really wants to change but right now it's kind of sad for Kei seeing how happy and in love she is. She's just so cute, I hope for the best.

Well, that's it for this season and the first year of COTE. This show proves once again that it is really entertaining, the characters and their interactions are fun and interesting and the plot is engaging. But at the same time it feels like it could deliver so much more, there are so many characters for so little time and the show ends up focusing on just a few and just enough.

Anyway, for something I didn't think there was going to be more of after the first season, I had a lot of fun with these two seasons, it was great. Unlike before, I think a fourth season is quite possible so I'm looking forward to that announcement.
Mar 27, 11:07 PM
Aug 2017
Reply to jijisenpai
Seems like Ayanokoji is becoming more human, this entire episode has things in it he usually wouldn't say, especially that last scene after the credits...
@jijisenpai this show is donkey ass
Mar 27, 11:08 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Zimmu
Overall a solid season. Still think S2 is better, but this season does get the job done. 7/10
same i thought s2 was better but perplexed this has better rating.
Mar 27, 11:40 PM
Sep 2022
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO IGNORE THOSE 2 FIRST REPLY COMMENTS, IZANA SOLOS & SOFTHENIC03 ABSOLUTE DISCORD MOD🤓🤓
Mar 28, 2:10 AM
Dec 2022
We need season 4! This is a nice end to the season 3 but it leaves a lot to look forward to. Love is in the air/play plus a new competitor from the White Room too in the next intake.
Mar 28, 2:23 AM
Apr 2023
Even though I wasn't a fan of the other 2 seasons of the series, this season was pretty good. i liked it.
Mar 28, 2:44 AM

Jun 2020
What a weird adaptation. I'm still enjoying the story so much though... i thought i'd be bored by now.

Mar 28, 2:55 AM
May 2016
As always, LN will be better. But some key monologues were removed as most have discussed.
Mar 28, 3:34 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime. Hope for another season.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

214 by Alex_TheForest »»
Jun 14, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

100 by Alex_TheForest »»
Jun 14, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

116 by adbeaver »»
Jun 11, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7

105 by adbeaver »»
Jun 11, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

138 by unclearjustice »»
Jun 11, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.