Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2023 12:19 PM
May 2017
Thank the gods bozo upper 5 is dead, definitely the trashest upper moon. That fight was booty crumbs, but nice work Muichiro for wrapping it up so we could get back to the main dish
Jun 4, 2023 12:29 PM
Aug 2020
I have a strange feeling, it's not bad but not incredible for me.

the fights are not that great.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 4, 2023 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
comon we can't discuss that the fight is bad bcz of Fighting choreography, direction it's ufotable bro, just in general upper 5 felt too weak but either muichiro didn't seem like  too op for me, and that made me a little bit angry bcz rengoku and uzui fights was too intense comparing to this. Alse we got also full episode of muichiro flashback but just 10 minutes to finish an upper rank fight
Adnash said:
Khalifla said:
That was the worst hashira fight in demon slayer for me!
In which way? Fighting choreography, direction, dialogue between two fighters?

But yeah, even though Gyokko's final form looked sick in how crazy his movements were, I think this fight can be a serious contender to be the worst so far from all fights where any Pillar was involved.
Jun 4, 2023 12:37 PM

Nov 2019
I think the main problem with this fight is that both Gyokko and Muichiro cared about trash-talking more than actually trying to kill each other.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Jun 4, 2023 12:43 PM

Apr 2020
Muzan should be really out of options to consider Gyokko as an upper moon. Very underwhelming fight.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 4, 2023 12:43 PM

Apr 2018
That was probably the worst upper demon fight IMO. 
Well, seems like it'll be better now that Mitsuri is here.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 4, 2023 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
Muichiro has evolved into shit-talking Muichiro, that mid episode art for the commercials break perfectly captures his new personality, that was a beautiful entrance by Mitsuri and loved the theme that was playing, the animation, colors and music reminded me of Madoka Magica, it is finally her moment to shine.
Jun 4, 2023 12:58 PM
May 2023
tokito's story really broke my heart and i'm in shock of his power!!!!!! i can't wait to see mitsuri's story and her strengh! OMG
Jun 4, 2023 12:58 PM
Oct 2022
Gyokko’s death was so fast
Jun 4, 2023 1:02 PM

Oct 2013
YogiBallin44 said:
Gyokko’s death was so fast
That feeling when Drum Demon had his backstory, but bloody Upper Moon 5 didn't.
AdnashJun 7, 2023 8:34 AM
Jun 4, 2023 1:11 PM
Oct 2013
Worst fight of the entire anime!
Jun 4, 2023 1:12 PM

Mar 2020
More needless dialogue so we can drag this series on for 10 more years, coming right up!

Nothing much for me to say, some of the animation was solid, some of it looked off. At least that dumb vase/jar demon thing is dead. Good riddance. Geez. Now, cue Mitsuri "saving the season" for everyone.
Jun 4, 2023 1:17 PM
Dec 2021
nice episode. quantum.
Jun 4, 2023 1:36 PM
May 2022
For a fight between an Hashira and an Upper Moon, it was really quick and simple. Maybe this was just to show how strong Muichiro is now that he has his demon slayer mark or that Gyokko wasn't the most powerful demon. Maybe UM rankings are not just about power, because Daki and Gyutaro seemed more powerful, especially the latter.
And finally we have Mitsuri joining the fight full time and right on schedule. I don't know if that's what happens in the manga, but I can't wait to see Muichiro joined the others and have them fight together.
Great seeing Inosuke and Zenitsu at the end all annoyed because they're out of the season.
Jun 4, 2023 1:39 PM
Aug 2020
dissapointing fight with the upper moon and Muichiro
Jun 4, 2023 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
Muichiro just passed out after defeating an Upper Rank, right? RIGHT?! Cuz it looked like his family came to get him. 

I forgot Tanjiro was out of steam when hatred came out to play. I was expecting him to set the wood dragon on fire from the inside. I don't remember Pinky's name, but I love her zanpak... um sword.
Jun 4, 2023 1:42 PM

Mar 2016
Some viewers of this anime clearly hate themselves. You clearly aren't liking this anime, so why continue to watch it? A fight lasting half a season or more doesn't instantly make it good, nor does it being shorter make it bad. Nothing more dull than just making it a battle of stamina.

While the Upper 5 does come across as the weakest of the Moon fights so far, ufotable did manage to take it and at least make it feel chilling in the last few sequences with all the mist effects.
You've got those arguing that he went down too easily compared to 6 and how Rengoku had trouble with 3. As much as you may want them to be, power levels aren't that cut and dry. While Rengoku did die,, he almost managed to take out Upper 3 with him, so having Upper 5 go down 1v1 isn't out of the realms of possility in their world.
Upper 6 were troublesome due to being a tag team (hence why Upper 4 has also been troublesome so far) where Tengen only had non-hashira for support. Each Demon and Slayer has different abilities, so different match-ups will likely results in different outcomes.

Will say the it's worrying that Mitsuri won't get much of a chance to really shine since there are likely only a few episodes left and Tanjiro will probably be getting his new restored sword soon.
Jun 4, 2023 1:44 PM
Jul 2015
Epic episode!!
Loved Ms. Kanroji fighting theme ❤️
Can't wait for the next episode and see what she is capable of. Muichiro already showed us his skills. Love him and his backstory. Tanpajiro is hurt real bad again.
Jun 4, 2023 1:53 PM
Jul 2015
BTW how do I find the Mitsuris battle theme that was before the ending theme?
Jun 4, 2023 2:00 PM
Jun 2021
Easily the best Episode of this season & first 5/5 episode for me so far!

Totally hyped for the next episode
Jun 4, 2023 2:05 PM
Dec 2020
finally mitsuri appeared! she's majestic
the battles were really cold, esp muichiro's but his reaction to rengoku's hilt was heart-wrenching
best ep yet imo
Jun 4, 2023 2:12 PM
Feb 2022
nezuko's eyes when mitsuri arrived UwU
Jun 4, 2023 2:24 PM
Aug 2021
Muichiro had some excellent comedic relief moments and I loved how they showed that he is still a kid even though he has been through so much. Damn, when Muichiro locked in though it was game over for the upper moon 5. "What made you think you were the only one not taking this seriously🤨". The way Tanjiro's foot got crushed made me hold onto my foot or the part where the maggots were eating their bodies I couldn't stop scratching myself. LOL the end credit scene made me realise I completely forgot about Inosuke and Zenitsu🤣🤣
Jun 4, 2023 2:48 PM

Jun 2015
Fuck me side ways. Now that is an episode! Mist breathing!!! Then pink haired lass at the end. Its kicking off and it keeps kicking off!!! Squeeeeeee
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 4, 2023 2:56 PM

May 2014
Pot demon is finally dead. The fish looked pretty good, giving me those Gyo vibes.

Also yes go pink hair girl! She's a fun character, looking forward to seeing her fight next episode.
Jun 4, 2023 3:19 PM

Jun 2016
I never get bored of this series, I love it even more time after time the story progresses. Another great episode.
Jun 4, 2023 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
this Upper Moon failed to do any significant damage, got defeated by a single guy an rather easily, Muichiro was even toying with him at certain moments, dissapointing enemy
Jun 4, 2023 3:20 PM

Feb 2020
Kenel said:
I can't believe how disappointing this episode was... Rengoku died and Uzui nearly died fighting Upper Demons. Muichiro killed him in 5 minutes like it was nothing, wtf.
ITS just a bad matchmaking
Jun 4, 2023 3:23 PM
Mar 2021
so good very good i want to more see tanjiro
Jun 4, 2023 3:35 PM

Jan 2009
the moment the mark on the face of Muichiro is gone he become weaker eh

and Love vs Hate next week
Jun 4, 2023 3:37 PM
Oct 2020
Yuki kajiura bring that KnK OST energy to mitsuri
Jun 4, 2023 3:50 PM

Dec 2018
Muichiro VS upper moon 5.... And it's simple... Upper moon 5 got no human past story? That's suck... He and Enmu got no past story... I guess I can say upper moon 5 is a fisherman or a vase maker. Haha.

Eww, Tanjiro feet got cut? How he can move that easily... Look painful.
Love Hashira finally appear and save our MC. Hope the fight is good as Tengen VS upper 6 battle.

Jun 4, 2023 3:50 PM
May 2023
The episode was great it was really funny how Muichiro didn't even care about what his opponent said and Mitsuri saved tanjiro in the end. The best part about this anime , which is the reason I'm watching it so fanatically, is the animation which is at peak with every detail exactly how it should be and the graphics are just perfect compared to some other anime I have seen such as Naruto which I'm currently rewatching and I sometimes think "why can't it have graphics as good as Demon Slayer".
Jun 4, 2023 3:52 PM

Jul 2013
I don't think the animation was as bad as some said, the fight still looked fluid. Main problem was that ufo adapted the fight as it was in the manga (that was basically a jobber fight to hype Muichiro), so it ended up being as underwhelming as in the source material.
Jun 4, 2023 3:51 PM
Mar 2023
it's 4 out of 5 for me.
Jun 4, 2023 3:55 PM

Apr 2016
Cool end to Muichiro vs Gyokko, the best stuff was with Mitsuri at the end though, I am desperate for more scenes with her!
Jun 4, 2023 4:00 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Muichiro strong af. There goes Upper Rank 5 who was super annoying. I definitely prefer every other Upper Rank demon.

That flame piece to go on Tanjiro's blade is super sweet. RIP Rengoku <3

Mommy Mitsuri coming in clutch lets gooooooooo. Love the music. She's cute as hell
Jun 4, 2023 4:19 PM

Dec 2018
holy crap what an episode! it was over so fast! so much better than some of the pacing we've seen before.
Jun 4, 2023 4:25 PM

Jan 2021
Muichiro makes honest to god mincemeat out of that demon. Dude was such a back sasser the entire episode. But he's sassy because he hates demons, honestly he's probably they're number 1 hater. If Tanjiro was fighting the vase dude we would have seen his tragic backstory. But with Muichiro we just saw the worst of the worst with demon kind.

Thank goodness Mitsuri is here, she has the best counter weapon to the oni emotion demon. Tanjiro should not be able to fight any more. He has lost his hearing and his foot is broken.

Can't wait to see more Mitsuri.
Jun 4, 2023 4:34 PM

Feb 2019
Kanroji carrying this season so hard man get this woman some help
Jun 4, 2023 4:44 PM

Sep 2019
This season has been enjoyable but last season felt so much better in all honesty. I hope these last two episodes can end it off well
Jun 4, 2023 4:48 PM

Mar 2010
I know every fight can't be a 10/10 but that vase demon and stoic guy fight was such a let down. twas worse than the naruto vs zabuza fight. And the gasping was cringe, finally we get to see ms giant breasts I want to be smothered in fight.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 4, 2023 5:00 PM

Dec 2019
my god that villain was fucking unbearable glad he's dead
Jun 4, 2023 5:03 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I honestly wasn’t ready for Tokito shit talking Gyokko lol, but I mean that was the perfect way to defeat Gyokko too, it was clear a few episodes ago that he was easily agitated due to his ego and I’m pretty sure I mentioned that it would be detrimental to beating him in one of my posts too, so that was really cool to see end up playing out. But that wasn’t all that contributed to the win, it was like Tokito said, he was in the zone there and had great momentum in the fight.

All that being said tho, I was kinda surprised to see Gyokko beat before Hantengu, I thought it would be the other way around, but that is another upper moon down, I’m a tad bit sad tho because I was enjoying his weird powers and we only got to see his true form briefly. And finally, Mitsuri is here and ready to kick ass, that whip sword seeing use already in a really awesome looking scene. I imagine this fight will be interrupted by more backstory too but it’s Mitsuri so I can forgive it lol.

And lastly, I had a revelation this week, and it’s that I now firmly believe this season has the best Demon Slayer OP, Man With a Mission can’t be beat!
Jun 4, 2023 5:15 PM
Jul 2017
the dialogue is SO trash. Burn it with fire and let the voice actors freestyle. what kind of garbage 5 year old insulting back and forth was this?????????

he's a discount orochimaru

maggots dont take a few hours to begin growing like that. it takes DAYS. the author thought it was super awesome kwel to put that in there, but it shows he has no concept of how time functions or even google. toriko or w/e would be dead if he sustained such serious injuries for an extended period of time (i.e. maggots making their way in)

demon death speech was a discount version of envy from fma

love hashira rescuing at the last moment was pretty predictable. they keep hinting at the sword. tanjiro will likely get the sword with the hilt and deliver the killing blow
Jun 4, 2023 5:36 PM

Jun 2019
Uzui Tengen fights are so much better. This is a downgrade.
Jun 4, 2023 5:42 PM
Oct 2019
Muichiro fight just end like that? uhmmm okay... 

at least Mitsuri appearance kinda save the episode.
Jun 4, 2023 5:42 PM

Apr 2022
because of course gyokko has a "true form" just when i thought mf is done, but he's gone at last, arguably the most annoying demon in the entire show so far.
we've had long dragons, tentacles, and now fish that were in the shape of tentacles... sigh this shit is just repetitive.

mist hashira and gyokko's playground insult exchange to top it off as well as the swordsmith-masked dude screaming in the mist hashira's face.
but at least mitsuri got a few seconds of screen time in the end. the next few episodes need to be the absolute pinnacle of shounen to save this season for me.
Jun 4, 2023 5:43 PM

May 2020
Woah, Muichiro makin' it look easy! And the smugness getting wiped from that demon's face, you just love to see it
Jun 4, 2023 5:43 PM

Aug 2019
I'm just not feeling this season at all.  Having read the manga, I knew the arc wasn't much to write home about to begin with, but UFOtable generally improve upon on the source material with an excellent adaptation.  I guess there's a limit to how much glitter you can roll in a turd.

If Tokito and the UM5 fight really is over, then I don't think I've seen a more anti-climactic battle in the entire series.  For an Upper Moon, Gyokko felt like a monster-of-the-week villain that I couldn't take seriously, and Tokito just has a bland, cookie-cutter shonen protagonist vibe about him.

At least in S2, Tengen and the entire group struggled to defeat UM6 and you could feel the stakes in that fight. The UM4 and UM5 battles just feel quite hollow in comparison.

Let's hope the UM4 and Kanroji battle delivers.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - May 7, 2023

290 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jun 4, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

710 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
May 26, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.