Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 23, 2021 12:22 PM

Nov 2020
Damn this is surprising so good. Cloverwork is fking amazing
Feb 23, 2021 1:01 PM
May 2016
Rika is such an amazing character. she feels so real, especially since I've been friends with many people who have similar issues.

I definitely have to rewatch this episode later
Feb 23, 2021 1:04 PM

Apr 2020
I feel bad for Rika in this episode, especially because of her worse mum.
I 100% didn’t expect her to cut herself.
And I really thought they would actually kill her at the end, luckily she didn’t die.

This was an interesting episode
Nina supporter for life💕
Feb 23, 2021 1:12 PM

Jun 2020
"Men who ask women for money are all fake" and "A beautiful woman never needs a wallet" lmao what are these parents teaching their daughter
This anime shit is addictive
Feb 23, 2021 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
spectrojan said:
"Men who ask women for money are all fake" and "A beautiful woman never needs a wallet" lmao what are these parents teaching their daughter

just some harmful stereotypes and misogyny
Feb 23, 2021 1:17 PM

Jun 2013
I was actually a little reticent beforehand when I saw that this was going to be a Rika-focused episode, but it was a beautiful episode--raw, human, flawed. It felt like a breath of fresh air for Rika in terms of both narrative and character, and it was so well deserved.
Feb 23, 2021 2:06 PM

May 2015
this one was a lot more intense the all the others damn
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Feb 23, 2021 2:53 PM

Feb 2020
ayo it was my bday today hehe so i felt special seeing it was rika's bday in the anime :>

throughout the whole episode i just wanted to hug rika ):
seeing all the girls hanging out together as friends makes me so happy - can't wait to rewatch this series in a few years or something
Feb 23, 2021 3:05 PM

Mar 2018
For real, I thought she was gonna die. Her death flags just kept showing on previous episodes, glad she could face her problems. Tbh, if someone were to die, i think she may be the one.
A detective who uses his deductive powers to corner a suspect and then does nothing to stop them from committing suicide is no better than a murderer himself

- Kudo Shinichi
Feb 23, 2021 3:13 PM
Dec 2017
I love how heavy and artistic this show is, would really like to see something like that from the male perspective as well.

Vulnerability is a nice theme to explore, shows that focus on male leads like that are extremely scarce, because we to be badass and/or dumb superheroes.
Feb 23, 2021 3:15 PM

Jun 2015
So far this show is about as deep as they dive into human emotion, feeling, experience, heck, everything else between ones darkest impulses vs connections which we reject even know we might be saved and those which fight for us still.

If this show dont sweep every anime awards in 2021 I'm going full full mexican joker!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 23, 2021 3:15 PM

Dec 2020
loved the episode, it was very meaningful and personal. i was happy to get some rika development, and yet saddened at the information. i find this episode ironic to my situation, as last night i self harmed again for the first time in a couple of months (not looking for sympathy, just thought it was funny). i was a bit skeptical about this show at first, but it’s really growing on me and i see a lot of myself in it. we almost lost rika there, which was pretty scary. this anime doesn’t seem like the type to ditch their main characters like that, but i really thought it was gonna take that turn. it’s still too good to be true in my opinion, there’s gotta be some dark turn like that soon. also, such cool animation when rika was fighting, pretty badass if you ask me. can’t wait for next episode.
it's not just a phase, mom!
Feb 23, 2021 3:24 PM

Jun 2015
Just no. Live some extra years to help you understand both sides of the male and female spectrum experience the same range of emotions, and simply trolling one show because it has female leads is pathetic. Watch more, and come back and comment in 10 years.

SaltyReinn said:
I love how heavy and artistic this show is, would really like to see something like that from the male perspective as well.

Vulnerability is a nice theme to explore, shows that focus on male leads like that are extremely scarce, because we to be badass and/or dumb superheroes.

You have little experience in the real world. Call it a harmful stereotype but you reject that people are happy to manipulate others for wealth and power. You even do it yourself by rejecting it as a core principal of our capitalist world.

spaesu said:
spectrojan said:

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 23, 2021 3:25 PM

Jul 2019
CloverWorks fr doing bits with the animation, certified studio.

I have to say that Rika's character here made for a good watch. Shit must have been hard to deal with, too many fake people in life. I am loving all the girls characters so far, nice story.
Feb 23, 2021 3:28 PM

Apr 2012
spectrojan said:

In fact, this is a fairly common mentality among girls' parents, especially these days. Women are taught in advance that they are special and men are obliged to constantly please them. Or even among parents of boys. I don't understand why there is a myth among feminists that men are taught to treat women as a thing.

spaesu said:
spectrojan said:

So, when women are taught that they shouldn't try because they can easily manipulate men, is that also the fault of men?
RobertBobertFeb 23, 2021 3:33 PM
Feb 23, 2021 3:35 PM
Sep 2019
This was an amazing episode, as expected. WEP is constantly providing incredible content and I love how these girls change in the course of the series. Looking at the previous episodes, it looks like we'll get Momo's developement next episode, which is great because so far she's been the one we know the least about.
Rika has it really rough, I was real scared whenever she wanted to give up, but thankfuly she got her shiz together and confirmed that she is the most badass of the gang. Her relationship with her mother hits pretty close to home so I get her and it's great that she finally starts to, I don't wanna say accept, but rather tolerate her mom and I'm not sure now, but she might give up on finding her father after this episode and just assume parenting role to either the gang or/and her t0rtle.
Also what a Chad Turtle, coming in clutch.
Feb 23, 2021 3:43 PM

Apr 2015
Quite the development for Rika this episode... I didn't expect her to cut herself. Loved the direction this episode and man was I worried that we would have our first victim here... For sure didn't want Rika to die and I am glad she managed to stand up again with the support of the others. Was quite the close call.
Feb 23, 2021 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Roch2001 said:
Just no. Live some extra years to help you understand both sides of the male and female spectrum experience the same range of emotions, and simply trolling one show because it has female leads is pathetic. Watch more, and come back and comment in 10 years.

SaltyReinn said:

You have little experience in the real world. Call it a harmful stereotype but you reject that people are happy to manipulate others for wealth and power. You even do it yourself by rejecting it as a core principal of our capitalist world.

spaesu said:

RobertBobert said:
spectrojan said:

In fact, this is a fairly common mentality among girls' parents, especially these days. Women are taught in advance that they are special and men are obliged to constantly please them. Or even among parents of boys. I don't understand why there is a myth among feminists that men are taught to treat women as a thing.

spaesu said:

So, when women are taught that they shouldn't try because they can easily manipulate men, is that also the fault of men?

can i please just share my opinion on an anime forum without middle aged men getting triggered?
Feb 23, 2021 3:55 PM

Sep 2020
This episode centering my best girl Rika is so angsty. Her character dev is pretty amazing though that part when she tried to cut herself and shown those inflicted wounds from before is really hard to swallow. Now we get to know what's behind her personality. Props to Mannen for protecting her mom.
As what Rika said, she is weak and hurt but thats how she will gonna live the real world. Cant get enough though its really heavy for my kokoro, i still love this episode so much.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Feb 23, 2021 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
@spaesu I love that you don't even hide that you are biased against men.

So, how is the idea that a beautiful woman should manipulate the money and attention of men instead of taking care of her life herself is the fault of men?

Feb 23, 2021 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:

So, how is the idea that a beautiful woman should manipulate the money and attention of men instead of taking care of her life herself is the fault of men?

uhh.... dont kno how u reachd that conclusion butt okaaay? i never said anything about stuff like that
Feb 23, 2021 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
spaesu said:
RobertBobert said:

uhh.... dont kno how u reachd that conclusion butt okaaay? i never said anything about stuff like that

How was I supposed to understand what you were saying when you cited all the responses to your comments and described it as a "middle aged man trigger"? If several girls answered me and I wrote "ah, when I can write on the forum without complaints from middle-aged women," it would be very offensive and sexist.
Feb 23, 2021 4:25 PM
Jul 2020
This episode hit real hard, especially if you have been through a similar situation as Rika, or at least know someone who has. All the other replies have been well said, but there's just one more thing I'd like to point out that I feel this ep was trying to tell us which can be seen in Neiru's interaction with Rika. The 3 girls agreed that they would hear out Rika's rants and problems, but the moment she does, Neiru shut her down and only tried to look at things in a logical way. Of course, she has a point, but at times like that, it wouldn't really be helping the person in trouble (in this case, Rika). It takes a lot of courage to open yourself up to other people, yet the moment she does, Neiru blatantly opposed her. Although she mentioned that she was not really a family girl, she can't expect Rika to handle things the same way she does. You can't expect everyone to be as strong as you. At times like that, Ai did the right thing by simply listening to and being there for her. Overall, I'm just happy that things worked out for Rika in the end, for now at least.
Feb 23, 2021 4:35 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, a very emotional episode. Was also the first one that felt a bit relatable(not the hurting yourself aspect)

And lol, there was that girl I was dating where I didn't need a wallet either. Good ol equality.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 23, 2021 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
spaesu said:

How was I supposed to understand what you were saying when you cited all the responses to your comments and described it as a "middle aged man trigger"? If several girls answered me and I wrote "ah, when I can write on the forum without complaints from middle-aged women," it would be very offensive and sexist.

i mean dont get why you think its so offensive, i was just saying that because you and the other rando are both middle aged men, correct?
Feb 23, 2021 4:42 PM

Apr 2012
spaesu said:
RobertBobert said:

i mean dont get why you think its so offensive, i was just saying that because you and the other rando are both middle aged men, correct?

How is our age or gender related to our answering you?
Feb 23, 2021 4:46 PM
Oct 2018
Oh fuck. Best episode so far. Wonder Egg is freaking great doing symbolism and critizicing Japanese society and stuff, but now that they honestly face the issues that they characters live and go through, this show is just a masterpiece without any doubt. Oh, and let's not forget about how almost any scene from wonder egg is a sakuga.
Akkarin! Hai!
Feb 23, 2021 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
spaesu said:

How is our age or gender related to our answering you?

i mean its not really related to answering me but just found the fact that its 2 middle aged men kinda funny lol
Feb 23, 2021 5:03 PM

Aug 2020
the animation quality for this is insane.

that was a damn heavy episode. "I'll live, even if it hurts me". I found Rika to be annoying af at first but she's likeable and really grew onto me. Dude I just want these girls to be happy.
Feb 23, 2021 5:10 PM

Sep 2020
Nice to see Neiru and Rika growing a bit closer at the end of this episode.
Feb 23, 2021 5:21 PM
Apr 2018
Why not commit suicide? For me there is a scarcity of compelling answers. I'm so grateful to this episode for being so compelling. ♥
Feb 23, 2021 5:51 PM

Jan 2020
I liked this episode quite a bit. Rika was my favorite character and it solidified it through this wonderful episode. Visuals were amazing and I really like the main four.

Feb 23, 2021 6:07 PM
Mar 2015
The teacher was a real bastard Glad the turtle saved her mom
Feb 23, 2021 6:27 PM

May 2018
Only about five episodes left. I was hoping for a sensei follow-up, and that we would learn more about the Accas in this episode.

Acca seems to be a by-the-book-type being, while Ura-acca doesn't mind bending the rules a bit.

Rika became a bit more tolerable for me with this episode.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Feb 23, 2021 7:11 PM
Feb 2021
tonight's episode was very emotional! I teared up when Rika almost gave up!! I wasn't very fond of her character at first, but after seeing how much her character is developing in such a short amount of time, I admire and respect her very much I can't wait to see the other girls' backstories!!!
Feb 23, 2021 7:17 PM

Feb 2019
I hate how many meatheads have discovered this show smh. This episode was just a masterpiece. Rika got some amazing character development today. Naturally growing up in a single parent household is tough and I think they did a good job of showing that.

The animation during that final fight sequence was awesome. CLOVERworks put the most time and energy into this one out of the three shows this season and it really shows.
Feb 23, 2021 7:56 PM

Jul 2020
Yep, I can't possibly hate Rika after watching this episode. Even though she's a bit annoying sometimes, we get to see from this episode why she acts that way.

"A beautiful woman never needs a wallet." This was the last thing she remembers from her dad. Seeing her becoming super velnurable, was so painful to watch. A daughter, longing for his father. Just another amazing episode. Good job CloverWorks. Nailed it.

I accept random friend requests!
Feb 23, 2021 8:08 PM

Aug 2019
pretty good episode but man that box cutter scene had me on the edge, I honestly expected her to actually cut herself
Feb 23, 2021 8:52 PM

Mar 2019
Neiru 5 Stars...

Emotional and Fun Episode... Great, as Usual.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Feb 23, 2021 9:07 PM
Jun 2017
There's something I really didn't get and it's bothering me. I know the show doesn't mean this and there's something else to take out of this dialogue but when Rika said that even if it meant hurting herself, she would keep living, did that mean she will keep cutting herself?
Feb 23, 2021 9:13 PM

Nov 2018
I'm happy to see more of Rika's backstory because it really explains why she's the way she is. Her character is so realistic probably because I relate to her situation the most. She clearly never had anyone to talk to about her problems before meeting these girls. That's why she always puts on this sarcastic carefree facade to hide her pain. She also cuts to cope with her issues but I'm glad she decides to stop :) I hope in the end Rika, and all the girls too, can work out their conflicts because I feel like there's a lot of misunderstanding due to their lack of communication with the people in their lives.
laelithFeb 23, 2021 9:22 PM
Feb 23, 2021 9:37 PM

Jan 2020
So, this 7th episode features Heaven's Gate member huh? 8/10 like the development but i worry about other girls , 5 eps left and we have two girls and i think Ai problem need 3 eps to solve
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Feb 23, 2021 9:47 PM
Jan 2020
snowykevin said:
pretty good episode but man that box cutter scene had me on the edge, I honestly expected her to actually cut herself

She cuts herself, she tells the turtle to go away so the pet doesn't see it, nor the audience.
Feb 23, 2021 9:47 PM
Jan 2021
the best episode so far imo
Feb 23, 2021 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Nakata Jouji's voice caught me so off guard. Pretty fitting choice for a cult leader, I must say.

Quite powerful episode overall. Rika was so close of giving up I was actually feeling rather anxious for her but fortunately, her friends and especially her "son" managed to save her in the end. She received a fair amount of great character development this time and I really hope her relationship with the failure of her mother can somehow improve.

As for Ai, she's indeed being rather harsh towards her own mother but that aside, seeing her accompanying Rika while trying to comfort her was a very sweet gesture.
Feb 23, 2021 10:15 PM
Oct 2016
This episode was needed. As always don't judge a book by its cover.
I hope next episodes explore more about the human side of things and less battles (or at least shorter battles) just like this episode.
I guess wonder egg is giving me the same vibes as Welcome to the NHK. What a great anime.
But yeah, I wish for more "real" things and less battles in this anime.
Feb 23, 2021 10:41 PM
May 2018
I really did not see that coming from Rika, pretty sad episode for a bit there. Im glad it ended well though, also the background music for this entire show is a 10/10.
Feb 23, 2021 10:59 PM

May 2016
This was one of the best episodes so far imo. That was some sad stuff. I’m scared what the show might have in store for the other 3 girls
Feb 23, 2021 11:01 PM
May 2017
Each episode fills the endless void in the chest.
Feb 23, 2021 11:05 PM

May 2016
spaesu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
just gonna put this here in case but there is some triggering sh content (scars and stuff) and especially at around 12-13 minutes of this episode. also, is it just me or did the animation/art style look a bit different this episode? mostly in the first bits though?
I think the art style might’ve seemed different because Ai actually fixed up her hair for school. It’s usually kinda bed head like
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

412 by thatgirluwu »»
May 30, 4:40 PM

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

364 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

170 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.