Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 24, 2014 12:30 AM

Mar 2013
what the fuck was that?

i liked this show but it all went downhill for me here.

why the fuck did shizumu save her?

why the fuck would cecil defend shizumu's dad?

stupid episode
Mar 24, 2014 1:26 AM

Apr 2013
What's with the skips in animation this ep? Plenty of sfx were playing and the actions that go along with the sounds weren't done. wtf Japan, you're better than this.
What are you looking here for
Mar 24, 2014 2:11 AM

Oct 2010
I thought Samumenco was low budget... but then I watched this week's episode of Wizard Barristers.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Mar 24, 2014 2:52 AM

Apr 2008
"Sorry we spent the whole week making this giant mecha fight scene and forgot to animate the plot until the last minute. Hopefully you can just imagine what's going on through the voice acting."
Mar 24, 2014 3:02 AM

Feb 2012
I thought ep 5 of hamatora was bad, this is even animation this point.
Mar 24, 2014 3:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The animation in this ep...

THE HORROR, THE HORROR
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 2014 5:05 AM

Jul 2012
What is with the bad animation? I thought that there was something wrong with the episode file I downloaded.

I didn't even know that Shizumu died until they said so, not just that, I don't know what the hell happened this episode..

Thanks for ruining the show even more.
Mar 24, 2014 6:12 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was like a troll... They run out money...

Mar 24, 2014 6:12 AM
Sep 2011
one hell of an animation... i thank god i finish that 24 minute
Mar 24, 2014 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
Samii said:
What is with the bad animation? I thought that there was something wrong with the episode file I downloaded.

I didn't even know that Shizumu died until they said so, not just that, I don't know what the hell happened this episode..
LOL, I wasn't sure if the bullet stopped due to Moyoyon's time stoppage magic or if they just stopped animating... hilariously bad.
Mar 24, 2014 8:18 AM

Jan 2014
Based on progression with the story i think it was a good episode but holyhell the animation quality dropped this time... Simply too many still frames, loss of effects and overall visuals impacts. I would have preferred that they simplified the transformation and had used their budget to finish the actual story in a proper animated way ._.

Also WTF wings!?
CandyFaceMar 24, 2014 8:22 AM
Mar 24, 2014 8:36 AM

Aug 2011
Really dissapointed with this show. I had such high hopes for it.. they really fucked up this episode too. also next episode is gonna be worse probably.
Mar 24, 2014 10:18 AM
Oct 2013
Very nice PowerPoint slide show with voice acting.
Mar 24, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
The terribly animated opening scene ruined everything else that came after it but they weren't even done with their stillframe bullshit. Probably one of the worst anime episodes I've ever seen. WTF.
Mar 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Feb 2012
Lol the budget for this ep was all over the place.

Quite unfortunate what happened to this show. I felt it had potential to be pretty good but it was just badly managed.
Mar 24, 2014 12:19 PM

Nov 2013
I actually restarted my video player and changed the episode version. I was caught off guard like crazy, until know the animation was what was carrying the anime.
Wtf was this seriously?
Mar 24, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
It's amazing how they could ruin an entire series on 1 episode. Like seriously??? the one episode that's critical to the story, one that contains Macal's ceremony, Moyoyo's revelation as Lucifer, as well as Shizumu's death is animated so Goddamn poorly!

I've never seen anything worse in modern anime. Fuck the studio that produced this.. should've cut less important things if they are really tight on budget *smh*
Mar 24, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
It's amazing how they could ruin an entire series on 1 episode. Like seriously??? the one episode that's critical to the story, one that contains Macal's ceremony, Moyoyo's revelation as Lucifer, as well as Shizumu's death is animated so Goddamn poorly!

I've never seen anything worse in modern anime. Fuck the studio that produced this.. should've cut less important things if they are really tight on budget *smh*
Lol Shizumu's death wasn't even animated. They just repeated the same stills.

Haven't face palmed so much at stills since Shingeki no Kyojin.
Mar 24, 2014 2:25 PM
Apr 2011
I laughed when I just kept seeing the gun go off around 5 times but Shizumu never ever moved even once. Maybe it was done on purpose. You know, so that we don't actually know whether he really is dead? Nvm, it's a stretch even for me, the person who proposed that. More likely that the studio ran out of money or something. This was the worst episode in the show.
Mar 24, 2014 6:08 PM

Oct 2010
Holy shit this was easily the worst episode of the series thus far. The "animation" (it was more like still images) was god damn woeful. The Manga 2.5 series on Crunchyroll have more animation than this episode.

I thought there must have been something wrong with my episode. People kept talking but the shots weren't moving, seems many other had the same thought lol. Plus the story resolution, pacing and explanations all felt weird, rushed and poorly executed as well.

I was really liking the series upto this episode. Every aspect of this entire episode should/needs to be completely re-done for the Blu-ray release.
SimmianPrimeMar 24, 2014 6:12 PM
Mar 24, 2014 10:21 PM

Apr 2013
What the hell. I was enjoying this series, but this episodes animation problems made everything so awkward.
Especially that scene when Shizumu was shot. I believe it was supposed to be emotional, but because of that animation scene, it was awkward as hell. Cecil didn't even look at Shizumu when he was dying.
Guess that happens when you're on low-budget.
Mar 24, 2014 11:22 PM

May 2009
Next episode is gonna be a power point slide show
Mar 24, 2014 11:32 PM
Nov 2011
The animation was horrible in this episode, but it will hopefully improve in the final. Looking forward to it.
Mar 25, 2014 1:07 AM

May 2012
I really liked this episode despite the poor animation

I'm not surprised that Moyo is Lucifer. Her face look like the devil
thepathMar 25, 2014 1:18 AM
Mar 25, 2014 4:33 AM

Apr 2013
The content finally gets interesting and then they screw it up this bad. 4 characters talking while there's still a still screen of Cecil. The death of one of the more important characters was a complete joke. If they didn't say it on screen, you wouldn't even know if he was dead at all. This must be the laziest animation I've ever seen.

If it's unfinished, then delay it. What the hell was this ?? Focus less on the way too long mecha animation that I don't give a rat's *** about and more about actual critical animation... Even doubting to give this a 5 now
Mar 25, 2014 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Stitches327 said:
Lol I thought my video file was messed up the whole time watching this episode.

I agree! D:

The plot today and horribly "scarred" by the script and animations not received.
I should have bocciarla, but still the job "third world", I promote the episode in its entirety.
Curious to know how the series will end. It seems that the plot twists are not finished here.
All this uproar about this episode that I think will have an impact on the sudio Arms, poor people do not want to be in their shoes.
Story that was supposed to have some extra bet, although good narrative today it is seen that there has been a rush cerrta in dealing with the topic, a real shame, but interesting too superficial.

This is the first time that happens to me, however, to see an episode like that, other times've seen episodes with horrible drawings and animations to savings (NHK docet), but I have never seen something like that, never, ever!

P.S. WOW! This is the first time I see a poll with the values ​​reversed! O_O
Mar 25, 2014 5:35 AM

Dec 2010
Why in the hell are some people trying to compare this with Psycho Pass or SnK? Like,the animation quality NEVER dropped to this level, NEVER. and they were just great stories to begin with, while this..this was just shit.. and shit got shittier. So no,you havent seen this before, this is one of a kind.
Horrible episode. Well,the series was kinda horrible to begin with, so i'm kinda surprised that everyone's surprised. It was a mediocre anime and i knew something like this was gonna happen down the road eventually. If only the people behind this werent dumbtards, they couldve actually built upon the great premise this setting had.
Sad. sad indeed
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Mar 25, 2014 6:56 AM

Oct 2009
LOL wow, that was the worst episode of anything I've watched EVER. They seriously ran out of budget? Will the next episode be a slideshow? Lmao my god even worse than that is the script, Moyo Lucifer? Ok.
AozureMar 25, 2014 7:05 AM
Mar 25, 2014 9:18 AM

Jan 2011
if the animation from the previous episode was bad, this one is totally terrible

this reminds me of Mezzo DSA (first and last episode = movie quality, the ones in between = cheap animation)

I guess the budgets are saved for the final episode...
Mar 25, 2014 9:39 AM
Feb 2014
I instinctively want to drop this after Ep 11. I have been biting the bullet every time it shows up on my queue and that shouldn't be happening, but at the same time I want atleast finish it -_-
Mar 25, 2014 11:32 AM

Mar 2014
SandyBoi said:
Wth this entire episode.
Stitches327 said:

Yeah same.

Bad.

ME TOO !! =_=
Mar 25, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2009
SandyBoi said:
Wth this entire episode.
Stitches327 said:

Yeah same.

Bad.

WTF happened to the animation
i thought i downloaded a corrupt file~ haha
Mar 25, 2014 1:23 PM
Jul 2010
guys, guys. seriously, there's a simple explanation for all this.

This episode just got SHAFT'ed.

Just wait for the blurays lol
Mar 25, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
this was one fucking deep episode. made me think, a lot...
what am I still doing here anyway?
Mar 25, 2014 7:30 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, that was... bad. Poorly animated would've been highly preferred to the stills and repeated frames we got this episode.
Mar 25, 2014 8:41 PM

Mar 2012
hpulley said:
Samii said:

LOL, I wasn't sure if the bullet stopped due to Moyoyon's time stoppage magic or if they just stopped animating... hilariously bad.

Hilariously bad indeed lol.
Mar 25, 2014 11:54 PM

Jul 2012
Um yeah...talk about poor animation. They must've ran out of money.

I thought a lot of things were abrupt and badly directed.

First it's hard to believe Cecil didn't put up more of a fight before being taken away by Shizumu considering she's supposed to have unrivaled magical potential and has awakened several different powers.

And that summoning ritual was...bad. Anticlimactic and flat in atmosphere. And all it took to break it was a little wind magic. I expect these things should be hard to set up and hard to stop.

Subsequent jumps from event to event just happened too fast and were so poorly done.

I've never taken a critical view towards this show and just enjoyed it without thinking too much, but this time it wasn't even mindlessly entertaining. I can only hope the end will tie up loose ends and give me a good explanation for what and who Moyo is. She's still a mystery to me.
Mar 26, 2014 1:32 AM

Jan 2013
I almost want to pick this up again from episode 6 if I read these comments haha :') I guess I dropped this without regret.
Mar 26, 2014 4:58 AM

Jan 2011
So they animated the tail ripping off her panties but not Shizumu getting shot.
Mar 26, 2014 6:09 AM

Sep 2012
What the hell was this episode?
And I'm not just talking about the animation.
So Lucifer = Moyo?
And Lucifer just wants to live in Cecil?
Moyo woke up the unconscious orange-haired girl for what reason?

This episode was just terrible :(
Mar 26, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2011
what if...those frames were supposed to be used as imagery for the animation? well, it JUST might be. Well, cut the hate, man. It was fun, at the very least.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Mar 26, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2013
Is it just me, or did they accidentally throw the beta video on air instead of the finished product? Considering how well the animation had been done up to episode 10, I find it hard to believe that the drop in quality was deliberate.

The number of scenes where the action didn't follow the sound bytes was insane, and that scene where the antagonist was screaming inside of his Metaloid robot didn't even LOOK like the antagonist! Then there was the three shots at Shizumu. I was like, what da fuk?

Was there any messages on the official site or maybe on news boards explaining this beta-test cockup?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 26, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
Lmfao.

The budget fail this episode was just hilarious.
Mar 26, 2014 11:34 AM

Mar 2014
This has nothing to do with the budget or the skills of the animators. It was painfully obvious that this episode wasn;t finished. I felt really bad for the people working on this show, the visuals so far have been fine IMO and especially the battle scenes have been great. If not for the unfinished animation this episode would have been pretty decent. Some scenes in this episode looked great, too

I'm really hoping episode 12 is not like this. Having studied animation myself, I know what a terrible thing a deadline can be....
Mar 26, 2014 2:10 PM
Sep 2012
The skipped animation scenes where so bad i wonder if it was more along the lines of them cutting those for censorship reasons? Think about the scenes that were cut ... Shizumu's death (could have been very graphic), Cecil getting wings (could have been a naked "magical girl" style transformation). I actually want the BD's to come out and get ripped so I can see if this really was just them being lazy or running out of money.
Mar 26, 2014 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
I usually never comment on the forums, but dammmn that was one of the worst episodes of any anime I've ever seen. It made me physically ill.

On another note, what's the freakin' point of the familiars, where do they come from, and why does the pig one make me feel so uncomfortable?
Mar 26, 2014 8:22 PM

Apr 2010
Oh, wow. At least I'm not the only one who hasn't seen an episode of anything this poorly executed in a while. Or ever, actually.

Mar 26, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
PetitFours said:
Very nice PowerPoint slide show with voice acting.

The more I think about this the more hysterical it gets.

SHIZUMU'S DEATH SCENE!

Shizumu is holding Cecil
BLAM!
Shizumu is flat on the ground.
Cecil seems mildly concerned about this.
Shizumu: "Arg, I'm dying. Bleh"
THE END.

Also, I feel obliged to add this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzyd91NFx-Y
PaleBlueMar 26, 2014 9:01 PM
Mar 27, 2014 2:03 AM

Jan 2011
that fucking death scene..i can't this episode reminded me of like old shitty 80s movies which were just poorly edited

gonna be hard to not forget this episode lol
Mar 27, 2014 6:07 AM

May 2008
Lol the episode wasnt that badly animated. There were a few moments that made me look back and wonder what was going on, but the story was still interesting despite the loopholes which most anime have anyways. I think this show is probably going to be the most underrated based on the comments not that its great or anything. But nowhere near as bad as the stuff im hearing.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

97 by Talamare »»
May 30, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

74 by nidoqueen106 »»
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.