Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 12, 2022 5:14 AM

Feb 2014
OMG Frostnova! My favourite non playable character in the game made a cameo. Although I already expected that she will make a cameo but still good to see that scene animated.

My girl W also made her anime debut but she's on the Reunion side on this part of the story yet. The scene when the doctor was touring the ship with a glimpse of the some of the operators was nice. Deep inside me I was like, that's my early game trusty defender Cuora, my medic Myrrh, that's Castle-3, That's EarthSpirit, one of the many characters in the game voiced by Aoi Yuki, that's Yato, 12F, Firewatch, Feater, Perfumer, Suzano, Melantha, etc. I don't think they showede Kroos though. Come on, I want my Koko Da Yo. LOL! It was nice that that inside the ship they incorprate the base in the game like the factory, training area, dorms, etc. Iyt's like a mini game inside the game where you build and collect materials that you use to level up your characters. That was a nice touch.

So this is the end of Chapter 1 arc of the game and we're now moving to Chapter 2.
Nov 12, 2022 6:44 AM
Nov 2022
very good introduction and adaptation
Nov 12, 2022 6:58 AM

Feb 2021
Damn that was hard to watch. The voice actors and actresses really pour in whatever they've got into this. Add great animation and details to the equation and you got yourself a great episode or a series, even. Talulah is an evil gal to even kill her comrades; easily scumbag. So the team is no match for Talulah and decide to retreat which is a wise move. Not sure how well it adapts the game, but so far, it's been a solid anime imo. I appreciate the fact that the anime is filling me in on these jargons and whatnot. I didn't even know Rhodes Island was a (land) ship; always thought it was an actual island lol.

Your sacrifice will not be forgotten, Ace.

Edit: so it turns out those debris weren't her attacks but rather the Catastrophe thing as someone has mentioned above. But still, she didn't protect her comrades.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 12, 2022 7:00 AM

Feb 2021
o76923 said:
Kaiser-chan said:
So not only did Talulah got crazy firepower, she got a magical barrier too.

She actually doesn't. I think we skipped the scene where someone mentions it but she is incapable of creating barriers with her arts. The only thing she can do is burn stuff.

So why isn't she killed by falling debris? Because debris is stuff. She can burn concrete, steel, explosives, and... organic matter so completely that not even ashes remain. She does it with enough speed to eliminate bullets in flight and with enough precision to stop rain drops from falling on her.

From a raw power standpoint, that's probably more impressive. But I am actually unsure if she could have protected all of her followers (even if she was motivated to do so) while still having enough power in reserve to face Rhodes Island head on mid-Catastrophe at this point in the story.
I honestly thought the debris were part of her attack. It turns out to be the Catastrophe thing. I somehow missed that. Thanks for the insight.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 12, 2022 7:58 AM

Oct 2008
Xaven said:
Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah, Dokutah.

I can't stay sane. Please save me from Amyia.

don't worry. we only have 5 more episodes to endure this hellhole of an annoyment naming called: DOKUTAH
salvation is near!

Nov 12, 2022 8:01 AM
Aug 2022
ScarRufus said:
I am confused did Daddy Ace really died there?

Anyway of course he would die and only the waifus remain.

No. actually he didn't die. expect to see a ton more of him
Nov 12, 2022 4:28 PM
Nov 2022
Amazing episode, the effort put into being as accurate to in-game lore is insane, as well as the inclusion of tens of operators from the game featured in some scenes, the perfect match. A great introduction to the rest of the Reunion leaders as well as more information about catastrophes (if they didn't read the in-game lore). Overall, an amazing episode and look forward to watching ep.4
Nov 12, 2022 5:23 PM
Sep 2017
Guess I had some grand visions of the Ace encounter that just weren't in the source material. Reread the first chapter and the adaptation covered it exactly, turns out there was no grand fight and Talulah made no effort to chase after RI. So while I understand that there are things that could have been done better the problem actually lies with sticking too close to the source material which I think is better than making mistakes by deviating. Same with W, funny enough she just pops up says somethings and leaves. I have a feeling the lines that were cut from the anime will be instead said later to strike an emotional cord when W reappears.

Overall I enjoyed the episode and the fan service was great. I particularly liked the briefing room loved looking at all the monitors. I love ch'en now, but it is gonna be a really weird to see her again as she was at the beginning of the story. Off to Lungmen!!
Nov 12, 2022 7:30 PM
Oct 2019
Daddy Ace really dead?

Dokutah Dokutah, idk why i'm starting to like it when Amiya said that.
Nov 12, 2022 8:26 PM

Aug 2014
Every single episode is like a movie. They are so nice!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Nov 12, 2022 9:41 PM
Apr 2020
all the cameos on the tour
Nov 13, 2022 5:40 AM

May 2015
Very chaotic epiosde with weird cuts.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 13, 2022 6:43 AM
Oct 2019
It is really good, there are a lot of character cameo, also ACE T_T
Nov 13, 2022 2:57 PM
Jun 2022
They honestly just keep missing every opportunity to make this show exciting. How do you manage to consecutively butcher Nearl's entrance and then again Ace's final stand with what I can only describe as taking a picture of Ace's back and shaking it with a mouse?

If Hypergryph is this cheap that they just refuse to animate flagship scenes from the story, I question why they ever bothered making a show in the first place, surely no one that isn't already playing the game is going to want to watch this utter snoozefest of a show.

They keep giving expositions after expositions while having not earned any right to do so.
Nov 13, 2022 4:56 PM

Feb 2018
I would say that for the most part this was anther good episode.
If I was to pick out something then it would be that having Ace do the whole sacrifice thing was a bit generic.
Still, I'm very interested in seeing where this is going to go.
Nov 14, 2022 3:15 PM
Apr 2016
Chapter 0 end, and the whole 3 episode is the prologue. World building sets, villain capability sets, character motivation sets, and pretty nice conclusion for a prologue. Though some flaw cannot be avoided they heading toward the next destination steadily. Keep it up.
Nov 16, 2022 9:25 PM
Apr 2014
Baffled that W was there for like 10 seconds, and they didn't even have her mention her run in with the reserve op squad. Fails to cement her as an antagonist or, well, anything at all for that matter. In exchange we see that she's familiar with Amiya and the Doctor, which I suppose is actually more reasonable foreshadowing but in exchange she doesn't establish herself as anything and leaves a weak impression. They should've made her lackies Sarkaz Mercs like we know she personally leads instead of standard reunion grunts for impact, but then I guess I'd question how reasonable that is because a squad of Sarkaz Mercs would've just killed the main party, worn out as they were (in game terms, wonder how that'd translate to story strength though).

I do appreciate seeing the Rhodes Island landship in it's glory though, that's something the game just did not do justice to with its VN format. I'm also appreciating that Doc has dialogue, it really helps to avoid faceless silent protag syndrome and by giving them some scraps of identity we can be curious about what we don't know, although don't look forward to too much on that front. Doc has like 2-3 unique revelations about them and one of them is like 8 chapters in game from this point in the anime, which means it'd be what, season 5? in anime terms. Prelude to dawn should cover chapters 1-3, then I bet ch4-5 would get a 12-24 ep season to cover both, then ch 6-8 would each need their own 24 episode season per chapter lmao.

I don't really have any complaints about the art style or voice acting, I like them a fair bit actually, but I AM sad that we don't hear the AK soundtrack we know and love. I bet certain stage themes would've gone great in scenes, but I can also understand not using ost to make it feel more somber, especially in this opening act. At the same time, I feel like using the OST to grab peoples attention would've been the better move though. I also feel like Come to Light should've been the intro or ending or something, that's the song everyone had been thinking would be the intro or ending since it came out. I wish we got an action scene of Ace Squad fighting, interspersed with Amiya's team running towards the extraction point, definitely a missed opportunity for memorable action, and getting to see something we wouldn't in the game.

I was gonna say it's 5/10, but honestly as a player I'm disappointed, I think Ace's stand was something all the players were looking forward to seeing animated because we figured it just wasn't shown in the game because the VN wasn't conducive to making it look good enough but no it got skipped in the anime too and we all feel robbed. The anime only viewers probably also feel robbed because it was kinda lame but if you played the game and were looking forward to Ace's last stand finally being animated this is a travesty. Better than your average game adaptation for sure but if I feel like I'm settling because of that, something is clearly lacking.
strivingotakuNov 16, 2022 9:41 PM
Nov 17, 2022 10:07 AM
Nov 2022
Very tematic with the game serie.
Nov 17, 2022 6:41 PM
Nov 2022
For the ones who have already read the story, this is amazing and hype af.
Nov 18, 2022 12:42 AM

Nov 2016
dropped this, not my cup of tea
Nov 18, 2022 3:24 PM
May 2020
It was really bad even for a bad part of the original story.
Nov 19, 2022 8:08 AM
Oct 2022
Nice one yostar picture
Nov 19, 2022 9:11 AM

Nov 2022
It was OK.

Difficult to say if I'm going to enjoy this show or not yet. Hopefully, we see a lot more action next ep. This one was mainly informational and filler. That being said, I do love the artwork, the different races of characters, and the overall premise (though based on a gacha mobile game). I'm still hopeful!
Nov 19, 2022 9:45 AM

Nov 2009
RIP ACE... one of the best character that we've never seen truly developed as he dies in the beginning.

Also, W... one of the best girl, that I still have yet to obtain in the game... cause banners hates me.

___ ___ ___

BTW... ppls comparing the plot to the game... why? it's literally 1-1 same plot as what happened in the game... literally zero differences, LOL

Only thing is the anime adds more details to the Chernobog event.

And the only reason the Reunion beats Rhode Island here (unlike later) is cause majority of the operators weren't with the Doctor. (in fact, this was the one time Doctor decided to travel alone, and got ambushed, before and after Doctor always traveled with other operators) And 90% of the "TOPs" weren't recruited by Doctor until after this event.

(TOPs as in ppls as strong or stronger than ACE, some are literal "GODS" in Terra/Arknight's World)

___ ___ ___

o76923 said:
Kaiser-chan said:
So not only did Talulah got crazy firepower, she got a magical barrier too.

She actually doesn't. I think we skipped the scene where someone mentions it but she is incapable of creating barriers with her arts. The only thing she can do is burn stuff.

So why isn't she killed by falling debris? Because debris is stuff. She can burn concrete, steel, explosives, and... organic matter so completely that not even ashes remain. She does it with enough speed to eliminate bullets in flight and with enough precision to stop rain drops from falling on her.

From a raw power standpoint, that's probably more impressive. But I am actually unsure if she could have protected all of her followers (even if she was motivated to do so) while still having enough power in reserve to face Rhodes Island head on mid-Catastrophe at this point in the story.

Actually... if ppls haven't noticed, it wasn't Talulah's power that "melt" the falling meteor. But rather it was Amiya that used her art to cover her. This is shown by the glowing-black-Diamond, which is unique art to Amiya.

And the reason why Amiya's barrier fails a little after she says Talulah ignores her allies.

As Amiya was covering the Doctor and Operators, she said "This is all I can cover", meaning Amiya went over her limit (again) to try and cover the enemy.
amlgNov 19, 2022 3:07 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 19, 2022 12:59 PM

Aug 2008
The more I watch the more I am convinced the only way to actually enjoy this is knowing already the story. Pacing is awful. I actually wanted to write some longer post but I find myself out of anything meaningful to do, that's how mediocre this is setting up to be.
Nov 19, 2022 3:13 PM

Nov 2009
Ukyo9 said:
The more I watch the more I am convinced the only way to actually enjoy this is knowing already the story. Pacing is awful. I actually wanted to write some longer post but I find myself out of anything meaningful to do, that's how mediocre this is setting up to be.

After the twice-sorta-failed anime of Azur Lane...

1st full blown Azur Lane anime had no commander and apparently ppls didn't like some of the graphic/ arts.

The 2nd 4-Koma slice-of-life-comedy were much better, but it wasn't a full anime, more like little pieces of newspaper comic, lol

So for Arknight, they shorten the anime to just 8 episodes (instead of a full 12-13 episode anime) as a testing ground with better graphic / art, however they also went with nearly the same plotline the game have. With a "Rushed" sequence of events.

Which is the reason why some ppls feels the plot is hard to understand without prior game knowledge.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 19, 2022 5:27 PM

Sep 2017
Ukyo9 said:

This episode was particularly bad due to the pacing (as you mentioned), but the next one is much better. No action in it since most of it is setup, but hopefully we'll see some solid action in Episode 5...hopefully.
ShinodaChan

Fiction Writer & Content Creator

To follow me and my projects, join my Discord here: https://discord.gg/KS3uvudRpq
Nov 21, 2022 2:06 PM

May 2015
The moving cities they mentioned remind me of Mortal Engines, without the steampunk aspect.
Dec 17, 2022 2:13 AM
Apr 2012
I really liked the episode since they did'nt changed from the game
Dec 18, 2022 1:15 AM
Mar 2021
Man i love that now arknights have an anime. It really helps to get immeresed into the story and to visualize it better.
Dec 25, 2022 1:07 AM
Feb 2021
oh god they really are fixing this story huh
Jan 11, 2023 11:22 PM

Feb 2021
Poor captain... Talulah is very strong!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 14, 2023 7:36 AM
Oct 2021
mysterious episode. How is it possible to want to capture someone and not do it despite the many opportunities. Either the sequel has some twists and turns, or logic has been set aside for the continuation of the story.
Oct 21, 2023 3:56 PM

Jan 2022
This show is so fucking fire. Love the world so far.

Rhodes island is such a cool concept and the whole moving cities thing is really interesting. World building has been on point for me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Non Arknights players?

_Aokii - Oct 29, 2022

23 by Nimo127 »»
May 27, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

94 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:15 AM

» Is it canon that the doctor is a caucasian?

Papa_Scorch - Apr 23, 2023

6 by ChitOKun »»
May 15, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.