MyAnimeList.net

Ranked #1845
Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou (Manga)

Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou

English: Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls
Japanese: バジリスク〜甲賀忍法帖〜

Type: Manga
Volumes: 5
Chapters: 34
Status: Finished
Published: 2003 to 2004
Authors: Yamada, Fuutarou (Story), Segawa, Masaki (Art)
Serialization: Uppers (Kodansha)

Score: 7.781 (scored by 3798 users)
1 indicates a weighted score
2 based on the top manga page.

My Info

Popular Tags

action ninja romance shounen
Mar 21, 2009
graysky14
Basilisk is a Seinen, Action, Romance filled with sword fighting, ninja skills and psychological battles enough to satisfy Samurai fans out there.

Basilisk reminds me of the Shakespearian classical tragedy Romeo and Juliet, two people from two rivalled clans falling in love. The two intended to marry to stop the fues between their groups and create peace but in certain circumstances, greed for power, the thirst for blood and drive for vengeance can't be stopped as such thruce can't wipe away hatred. Thus starts the war between these groups.

The manga design including character, background and battle scene was somewhat appreciated by seinen readers, dark, bloody read more
Dec 30, 2009
ManU-Alchemist
When you have two rival clans that hate the living guts out of each other your bound to get a blood spilling manga, and that's exactly what Basilisk is. The Iga and Kouga clan are the two clans that take their differences to the battlefield in this exciting manga.

First of all I basically told you the story plots in my introduction. Other than the fact that these two clans fight to the death to see who would become the new shogun of Japan there's isn't much to the story. It sticks to this all the way untill the finish of the manga.

Art is read more
Jan 17, 2012
arichan20
Basilisk is a manga that reveals honor, loyalty, cleverness and abilities of the ancient ninjas, with some awesome and unique power in each character. It has a fantastic story which shows love can overcome anything, but the path the couple have to follow is a bloody and hard way.

The first thing I like about Basilisk is story. It shows you an old Japan, where samurais and specially ninja still exist. Even if they had to serve to their lord, they have feelings and ulterior motives to keep in their sides and fight. The love of the msin characters maintains strong and pure, althought the read more
May 5, 2009
Ayimu
With beautiful artwork and a beautiful story Basilisk is a one-of-a-kind Graphic Novel.

The battle between two clans, which are sworn enemy's for over 400 years makes the story intense. Every character is special in his own, because of his/her ninja technique or his/her appearance.
But it's not only a story about ancient old rivalry, this story also shows how beautiful, and painful, love can be.

It's not only a great Graphic Novel to look at, it's also a Graphic Novel that you can read anytime. It won't get bored.

(10 - MASTERPIECE) (*my opinion*)
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices