Edit Manga Information

Volumes: 5
Chapters: 34
Status: Finished
Published: Feb 4, 2003 to Jun 15, 2004
Authors: Yamada, Fuutarou (Story), Segawa, Masaki (Art)
Serialization: Young Magazine Uppers

Score: 7.711 (scored by 4628 users)
Ranked: #19552
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

graysky14
Mar 21, 2009
Basilisk is a Seinen, Action, Romance filled with sword fighting, ninja skills and psychological battles enough to satisfy Samurai fans out there.

Basilisk reminds me of the Shakespearian classical tragedy Romeo and Juliet, two people from two rivalled clans falling in love. The two intended to marry to stop the fues between their groups and create peace but in certain circumstances, greed for power, the thirst for blood and drive for vengeance can't be stopped as such thruce can't wipe away hatred. Thus starts the war between these groups.

The manga design including character, background and battle scene was somewhat appreciated by seinen readers, dark, bloody read more
ManU-Alchemist
Dec 30, 2009
When you have two rival clans that hate the living guts out of each other your bound to get a blood spilling manga, and that's exactly what Basilisk is. The Iga and Kouga clan are the two clans that take their differences to the battlefield in this exciting manga.

First of all I basically told you the story plots in my introduction. Other than the fact that these two clans fight to the death to see who would become the new shogun of Japan there's isn't much to the story. It sticks to this all the way untill the finish of the manga.

Art is read more
Ayimu
May 5, 2009
With beautiful artwork and a beautiful story Basilisk is a one-of-a-kind Graphic Novel.

The battle between two clans, which are sworn enemy's for over 400 years makes the story intense. Every character is special in his own, because of his/her ninja technique or his/her appearance.
But it's not only a story about ancient old rivalry, this story also shows how beautiful, and painful, love can be.

It's not only a great Graphic Novel to look at, it's also a Graphic Novel that you can read anytime. It won't get bored.

(10 - MASTERPIECE) (*my opinion*)
arichan20
Jan 17, 2012
Basilisk is a manga that reveals honor, loyalty, cleverness and abilities of the ancient ninjas, with some awesome and unique power in each character. It has a fantastic story which shows love can overcome anything, but the path the couple have to follow is a bloody and hard way.

The first thing I like about Basilisk is story. It shows you an old Japan, where samurais and specially ninja still exist. Even if they had to serve to their lord, they have feelings and ulterior motives to keep in their sides and fight. The love of the msin characters maintains strong and pure, althought the read more
WolfCladInBlack
Aug 5, 2016
Manga Review: Basilisk (also known as ‘Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scroll’)
Genre: Romance, Tragedy, Action, Supernatural, Historical, Adult
No. of Episodes: 24
Runtime: approx 24 minutes per episode
Original Run: April 12, 2005 –September 20, 2005

Synopsis:
Basilisk is, if you all know about it, the name of a lizard species. Legend has it that if anyone would, even for once, look or peep into the eyes of a legendary titan, King Basilisk, he/she/it would be turned into stone at once. The incidents are somewhat similar to that of the Greek folklore which speaks read more