Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much the action packed episode expected after the buildup. It seems Frederica really enjoyed herself when fighting against the Legion lol. She did also show a vulnerable side of herself again after the battle though. On most parts, I think it lived up to the expectations.

Lena standing up her ground as usual even when she's stressed.
Oct 30, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
The final chapter of Volume 2: Cries "Take Aim"

The Legion are in an all-out extermination mode against the forces of the Giad Federacy, the United Kingfom of Roa Gracia, the Alliance of Wald and of course, the Republic of San Magnolia. And also, notice their leader dubbed "No Face" initiating the entire operation.

Shin initiating the Nordlicht Squadron and the others in their Reginleifs (or rather they just name it as their Juggernauts) fought the exact same style as before to hold off the first wave, while Frederica remained at the base. But what she saw in her foresight, Shin went back to his Undertaker days with his cold and aloof expression to kick back the Legion's second wave, where the main force resides. Shin almost lost his soul to the battle like Frederica's knight Kiriya.

Lena returns to see the dismay of the Legion battle, and San Magnolia is just the same as before: limiting Lena to help the 86 with all her might from her uncle General's Karlstarl's words despite their track record against the Republic with Shin and the others before.

Bloody Lena Regina is back, and now it's her turn to shine in Volume 3 from next episode onwards. Once again to another perfect episode, but that cliffhanger though...
KANLen09Oct 30, 2021 9:56 AM
Oct 30, 2021 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
I swear half of the budget of 86 goes to Lena walking intensely lmao.

But seriously great episode, Frederica and Shin’s scene in the rain was phenomenal, the OST was perfect and brought that moment to life better than I could’ve asked.

As if that weren’t awesome enough, the Lena half of the episode was stellar too. Every single scene is just adapted with such love and passion, can’t thank A-1 enough for this.
Marinate1016Oct 30, 2021 8:34 AM
Oct 30, 2021 8:32 AM

Mar 2016
This episode. This fuckin’ episode. What an amazing ride this was. This episode encapsulates so much of 86’s greatness.
As a LN reader, I’m satisfied.
Everything from the battle-sequence, to shin’s breakdown and descent into madness just like Kiri, to Lena (Bloody Regina) taking command of all 86ers to fight back against the legion and fulfill her oath.
We also see or rather hear “No face”, supreme commander and leader of the legion initiating the large scale invasion. The large scale offensive was rough for the federacy. The mechanized infantry on their reconnaissance got hit hard at first as the legion made advance into Giad territory, but our elite Nordlicht squadron of the spearhead members and foreign units helped tip the scales on this one.
Shishou_23Oct 30, 2021 8:45 AM
Oct 30, 2021 8:35 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
We start off with action with the Legion attacking Giad. They’re blessed that they have a human radar in their mix now, as Shin sensed the Legions well before anyone in Giad could spot them.

The action in this episode was great! It’s a lot easier to follow the action with the area being lit up with fire. Shin truly fought like a wild animal, and this will only alienate him from the rest of the Giad soldiers.

After a handful of episodes without Lena, we get to see her again. And it doesn’t seem like it’s going all well there. The Gran Mur line has been broken, San Magnolia’s final defensive line. A life of living in ignorance and bliss is no more an option for the Alba. They’ve pushed the cost of war to others and chose not to fight their own war. The only thing Lena can do now is gain the support of as many processors as she can to help with the defense.

The post-ED scene was such a bad cliffhanger, lmao. Pretty hyped for the upcoming episodes, as we’ll be entering volume 3’s content.

Definitely the most action-packed episode of 86 yet. This episode adapted almost all of chapter 5 of volume 2. There’s still a tiny bit left, which will get covered in the next episode I bet.
Oct 30, 2021 8:59 AM
May 2014
As good as I expected from the Light Novel, the studio is keeping up the quality, hope the rest of the series keeps it, nice work.
JonirulahOct 30, 2021 9:04 AM
Oct 30, 2021 9:02 AM
Sep 2021
Absolutely incredible, it was just perfect, masterpiece, my favorite Light Novel And Anime of all time.
Oct 30, 2021 9:14 AM

Jun 2021
nitpick this series all you want, I don't care. A-1 showed me this and I had chills the whole episode. Looking forward for next episode!
Current favourite ships:
- Chika x Satowa (Kono Oto Tomare)
- Shin x Lena (86)
- Vanitas x Jeanne (Vanitas no Carte)
Oct 30, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
mimisannn333 said:
nitpick this series all you want, I don't care. A-1 showed me this and I had chills the whole episode. Looking forward for next episode!

Credit goes to Studio Shirogumi too.They did those crazy cgi mecha fights.
Oct 30, 2021 9:18 AM

Jun 2021
Musa2002 said:

Credit goes to Studio Shirogumi too.They did those crazy cgi mecha fights.
oh yes sure. thanks for reminding me. this episode is so sick.
Current favourite ships:
- Chika x Satowa (Kono Oto Tomare)
- Shin x Lena (86)
- Vanitas x Jeanne (Vanitas no Carte)
Oct 30, 2021 9:19 AM
Aug 2017
got jump-scared on the last scene :)))
this episode is amazing
Oct 30, 2021 9:57 AM

Feb 2021
This episode was incredible, one of my favorites so far.

I think in terms of action scenes alone this one seems to be the best.
We finally got see more of Lena again, and now she is leading all the 86s against the large scale legion attack.

And that post-credit scene at the end...
I really wanna know what happens next, can't wait for next week!
Oct 30, 2021 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
I liked lena with her uncle conversation
Oct 30, 2021 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
wait wtf that post credit scene oh god
Oct 30, 2021 10:05 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode, this was amazing.

Action packed and intense all the way through, the old 86 squad did an incredible job at holding off the Legion but Shin especially went totally wild on them. Is he beginning to enjoy taking out the Legion? All the action sequences were great.

I'm glad the Federacy managed to hold out, very likely just because Shin gave them the early warning. I fear the other countries are not gonna fair as well.

Lena. <3
Glad to see her finally get some screentime, really liked the conversation between her and her uncle. I hope Lena continues fighting for her idealistic dream, it's what makes her such a compelling character for me.

That post credit sequence, did they get attacked?
Lelouch0202Oct 30, 2021 10:29 AM
Oct 30, 2021 10:07 AM
May 2008
Wow, what an episode. At least we know where the last epiosde's budget went. Lol
Oct 30, 2021 10:08 AM

Oct 2017
No no you can't leave us with a cliffhanger like this, holy hell wtf.

Shin and Nordlicht squadron showing their fighting strength this episode and props to A-1 for the great animation and action sequence. Shin's way of fighting gave me shivers, that was insane. Also we finally got to see Milizé again but things are not looking good at all on her side. I hope she manage to pull it off thou.
Oct 30, 2021 10:09 AM
Aug 2020
Lezgooo what an episode.
Oct 30, 2021 10:12 AM
May 2021
V good episode went too quickkk 😔
Oct 30, 2021 10:12 AM
May 2020
Im somewhat lost. Can someone give me a short summary of this season so far? I’d appreciate it
Oct 30, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
That cliffhanger... Jesus christ director! Nice to see Lena again.
Oct 30, 2021 10:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm intriguing legion units that appear to have sentience. But man their offensive sure aimed high. Shinn's way to prompting the military to take action sure was bold though. In urban warfare though Shinn's unit sure excelled. But grim as the situation was its amusing seeing them fight the legion with such glee. Their teamwork though was unmatched. Shinn was a monster on the field chopping apart legion units like a knife through butter. On the republic front though things were far worst. I can't believe that even facing the greatest crisis that they ever faced that they are still unwilling to work together with the 86 to increase their chances of survival. Lena's plan was ambitious and daring as was her speech and i do hope that enough processors would heed her and help out. Overall an excellent ep that was action packed to the brim while also providing some excellent expansion on the legion as well. While i disagree with Jerome's views i do respect the fact that he's willing to pick up a weapon and fight to defend his people on his terms though. Good luck on the field of battle general Karlstahl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 2019
The Cliffhanger man. But man, that was a blast.

That post-credits scene caught me off-guard

Oct 30, 2021 10:16 AM
Oct 2016
The Legion full scale offensive has only just begun. They're spreading out to every major country attacking all at once with their overwhelming numbers. Primarily towards the Federacy with this first wave. The Nordlicht squadron swooped in and stopped many of the Legion in that advance force. The animation looked so good and clean as they were attacking the Legion. Shin controls his machine with such grace and precision like a doctor performing surgery. Every move methodically thought out and executed. But it does start to get to him after a while. He becomes detached and fights with reckless abandon. Frederica became very worried she'd see a repeat of what happened with Kiriya. They drove the Legion back but only momentarily. Plus the Legion are still advancing on the other nations especially San Magnolia. Frederica seeing where Kiriya is attacking San Magnolia last line of defense the Gran Mur. Lena knows its time for one last defensive against the Legion pulling all the eighty six to fight with the Republic soldiers.
Oct 30, 2021 10:21 AM
Oct 2020
That right there was an awesome shit
Oct 30, 2021 10:22 AM

May 2020
Woah, wasn't able to take my eyes off even for a second this episode, it's action and action everywhere. That expression on Shin's face easily saying of how numb he has become to everything happening around him.

Lena was there too and she's as spirited as always. Was a near perfect episode with that huge cliffhanger.
Oct 30, 2021 10:24 AM

Jul 2016
Large scale offensuve starts this episode. The horde of Legions attacking simultenously in 4 countries. The soldiers gonna defend their respective battlefield.

The first part is about the Nordlicht squadron with Shin attacking the legion in the abandoned town. And they showed us the different types of Reginleif this episode which is great. And they give us of how they fight with it. The fight animation this episode is insane and the CG movement are smooth and the effects paired with OST is amazing. Looks like Shin knows about the situation on San Magnolia. Which he was being reckless this episode than usual.

The second part start with Legion attacking the 86 sector and Sledgehammer squad leader sacrifice himself by blowing the bridge which give time to others 86ers and alerted them of the enemy approaching. That scene is sad. Then Lena part is about her knowing early and prepared for it, but other Alba's view it as a movie. And Lena meet Karlstahl which her uncle gonna give her time to prepare for defending the Gran Murr.

And then the after credit, looks like Kiriya attacking in the base where Shin is. And end it with cliffhanger. Overall great episode with all the build up, and it delivers

Oct 30, 2021 10:24 AM
Dec 2017
the ending credit scene got me real good.
Oct 30, 2021 10:25 AM
Sep 2020
I have more questions now than before the episode. I wonder if Kiri harboured hate for the royalty as much as Shinei's brother? Probably what triggered that vision.
Oct 30, 2021 10:25 AM
Apr 2021
Plstce said:
Im somewhat lost. Can someone give me a short summary of this season so far? I’d appreciate it

On Lena's side she is taking in the information she got from Spearhead about the Black Sheep, legion holding units back, and the new artillery and is preparing for an eventual assault given the republic's ignorance of the war

On spearhead's side we see that they were saved by the Federacy of giad, but instead of choosing to live in paradise they continue on the paths that they always intended to, and now they're also preparing for a large-scale offensive by the legion.
Oct 30, 2021 10:26 AM

Jan 2017
The Legion World War has started with Shin slowly losing himself with the battles, those pep talks given to him about living really does nothing it looks like

While the Federacy seems to have things under control for now, the Republic's final defense has been shattered oof

Haha episode end on a cliffhanger just like vol 2 did brrrrrr
Oct 30, 2021 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
What an incredible episode. The action in this series never ceases to amaze me, and this episode delivered. Lena hasn't had much screen time so far this season so her part of the episode was appreciated. And that cliffhanger though...lowkey I got jump-scared lol. Can't wait to see what happens next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 30, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2013
After all the build-up A-1 delivered it perfectly in this banger of an episode. It was action-packed as expected, but even then the CGI-action sequences were really good. Heck it was easily the best episode of the series portraying CGI-action, since they finally went ham with the time spent on these scenes… finally we got some solid individual scenes for the likes of Theo, Kurena or Anju to showcase their battle style.

And Shin breaking down and going solo was so good… I was a fan of how they incorporated the letter he received (as short as it was portrayed) to showcase how he was already emotionally unstable, legion-voice strain aside, before he started piloting the reginleif. Besides the action the parallels were also strong in this one, since Shin is seemingly following the footsteps of Kiri with nothing to hold him back.

Then the 2nd half we get some decent Lena screen time, and finally Bloody Reina's time to shine is finally here as she aims to lead the defense force of the Republic with all the remaining 86. I confess that that post-ending scene caught me off-guard in spite of knowing what's going on. Hopefully it isn't a sign that they won't expand the Republic side of the battle in the following episode(s).

Anyway pretty hyped for next week's episode. This episode was so incredible that I didn't even mind that A-1 pretty much spoiled us about No-face's identity with the VA cast.
KaitonOct 30, 2021 10:52 AM

Oct 30, 2021 10:39 AM

Apr 2018
This was by far the most intense and most impactful episode ever. Studio A-1 and Studio Shirogume outdone themselves.

A large scale attack from The Legion against the forces of the Giad Federacy, the United Kingfom of Roa Gracia, the Alliance of Wald and the Republic of San Magnolia. And this time, we got a POV from the Legion which was pretty interesting. They're intelligent afterall.

It was scary to see Shin being nervous or even a little bit frightened. It wasn't your typical Legion attack anymore. The Nordlicht Squadron managed to hold themselves against the first and second wave but the rest pretty much died in battle. The soundtrack was phenomenal, espically near the end with the slowmotion. Loved that! The incredible full CGI fight was sakuga to my eyes.

The Legion attacked San Magnolia, that means, that we get to see Lena. The general Karlstarl talked some sense into Lena and went to the battlefield. That was an emotional scene.

The OST popped off when Lena synchronized with all the processors.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 30, 2021 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
Jesus what an episode.
As a LN reader I am thoroughly satisfied.

I do have some nitpick though. I hope they actually elaborate on that "letter" Shin found in his reginlief instead of leaving it implied. They skipped the whole PoV of Kaie in the first season so it's really likely they won't elaborate on it... I'm also on the fence for the cliffhanger, it was a little too abrupt? I wish they extended the scene by like 2-3 second.

Finally, I recall
has this been skipped or was it in volume 3? Sad if it's skipped because it help reinforce the image that Giad has of the eighty six.

Overall a 10/10 episode. Looking forward to the adaptation of volume 3!
Thai777Oct 30, 2021 10:58 AM
Oct 30, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2015
Not enough blood, no massacre scene on Republic...

Give me more Republic blood !

Give me more Republic death !!

Give me more Republic gore scene !!!

Long live the legion !!! Death to the Republic scum !!!
Oct 30, 2021 10:49 AM

Nov 2014
Pretty much whole episode of action. Great fight scenes and good music made it feel really epic.
I loved Shin's creepy smile. His fighting style and how he gets absorbed into it is really cool to watch. Hopefully he stays true to it to the end, instead of getting "saved" by someone.
Nice to see Republic burning. Now I just need to see those white haired asses cry in despair. I wonder if we will get a reunion with Lena? It sure would make for a cool scene.
Oct 30, 2021 10:54 AM

May 2020
Cliffhanger yeah end it like that ah.. shit is amazing every episode is just fking amazing and Lena is back nice
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Oct 30, 2021 10:56 AM

Mar 2021
This episode was really exciting! I cannot wait until the next episode. I was not expecting the Gran Mur to be breached, and I expected Lena to be stopped from taking action like usual. :)
Oct 30, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
An action packed episode this time,I really held my breath during the fights.

Shin's mental aspect and Frederica's role on hi is also highlighted here.

And after few episodes we got to see Lena now.Legion has made a massive invasion of the Republic along with other countries and Gran mur line has fallen.But Lena strives to fight because of what the spearhead squadron told her.

Great episode.

Oct 30, 2021 11:04 AM
May 2021
low0915 said:
got jump-scared on the last scene :)))

Me too xD

It was a very good episode overall
Oct 30, 2021 11:05 AM

Oct 2021
Bruh that jump scare after-credits scene XD
Oct 30, 2021 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
That....was a fucking glorious episode. I never thought I'd find CG action to look this clean, imho, since the likes of Houseki no Kuni. Shin's sinister grin from being lost in the midst of killing genuinely creeped me out. We've seen a glimpse of this before back in ep 9 of cour 1 when he responded to Shourei's echoes at the time. No wonder why Frederica was terrified, he was reminiscent of Kiriya and how HE was back when he was still alive as a human and eventually lost himself completely.

It's cool to get back to Lena's side of the battlefield and see how she and the current 86 members are preparing for the fight up ahead, despite the fact that they're not obligated to protect the doomed Republic anymore.

The post-credits scene fucking jumpscared me. I don't think I've had those often at least as of recently, but damn. They sure made an otherwise unremarkable volume 2 look great here.
Oct 30, 2021 11:12 AM

Sep 2019
And that's EPIC!

More action-packed this episode and I'm really impressed with how they directed here. That post credit scene scared the f out of me. More intense stuff next week
Oct 30, 2021 11:13 AM
Aug 2021
This is shit, really who can think that this is going on another level just by 1 episode and 1 week from the last episode,literally not enough words to describe but its just awesome...
Oct 30, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2021
This episode was really amazing, we finally got Lena screentime + that post credit scene was so unexpected. 10/10 episode.
Feel free to DM me on discord //
Pop#8675
Oct 30, 2021 11:21 AM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
After that, this week is going to be the longest ever in recorded history.

EVER.
:P
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Oct 30, 2021 11:24 AM
Sep 2021
Lelouch0202 said:
Incredible episode, this was amazing.

Action packed and intense all the way through, the old 86 squad did an incredible job at holding off the Legion but Shin especially went totally wild on them. Is he beginning to enjoy taking out the Legion? All the action sequences were great.

I'm glad the Federacy managed to hold out, very likely just because Shin gave them the early warning. I fear the other countries are not gonna fair as well.

Lena. <3
Glad to see her finally get some screentime, really liked the conversation between her and her uncle. I hope Lena continues fighting for her idealistic dream, it's what makes her such a compelling character for me.

That post credit sequence, did they get attacked?
yeah they did get attacked, by Frederica’s knight, Kiriya, it was a perfect cliffhanger.
Oct 30, 2021 11:27 AM

Jan 2018
It feels longer than 7 days for me to wait for each episode of 86 now. Thankfully the wait has been worth it.
The animation and music in the action scene with the Juggernauts Reginleifs were absolutely *chef's kiss* GLORIOUS

Shin is going ham while in the battlefield again... I hope he'll get over this soon before inevitably fighting Kiri.

The moment we've all been waiting for. It's about time we got too Lena again. The only word I can find to describe the scene preceding the ED is... historic? That's how it might've been like if 86 was real world I presume.
That post-ED scene though. That's a crazy cliffhanger for the next episode. Another 7 days of anguish in waiting.
0451Oct 30, 2021 11:09 PM
Oct 30, 2021 11:31 AM
Sep 2020
Might just be one of the best ep tht aired this year .. freakin amazing in every ways..
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [SPOILER]. If they make a second season would it be a romance?

Superninjaboy2 - Jun 3

12 by Flacion »»
Jun 4, 10:50 AM

» Light Novel after anime??

RadicalSanta - Oct 11, 2022

23 by rayanDON »»
Jun 1, 10:12 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

535 by riwandha »»
May 31, 1:34 AM

Poll: » 86 Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2021

155 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 20, 5:28 AM

Poll: » 86 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

340 by HYPERCOE »»
May 15, 12:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.