Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 16, 2021 4:05 PM

Jan 2021
Only two more episodes left
Sep 16, 2021 4:15 PM
Jun 2020
We just watched Hanyu watch a recap..
Sep 16, 2021 4:43 PM

Oct 2014
Well, they reached something even I didn't expect.
This was the first episode where I honestly skipped about half of it (The moment I saw Rika lying in the bed I was like NOPE)

This was honestly so retarded I don't even have words for this anymore.

@SkyhighCFC Well... Atleast we can agree that Rika definitely is the dumbest person around in these new seasons.
Who would have guessed that she didn't even figure out Satoko was the culprit, it was only Rena's memories and by accident and whatnot...
Speaking of which, I guess that ties everything up on the cover picture. Rena holding Rika's hand, helping her to win against Satoko.. smh.

Also nice debate about seriousness and refusal in here here.

ToshiroIto said:
ToshiroIto said:
I don't see how people can complain about there being 'no new content' in this episode, when it was literally 95% new content

There was about 9 minutes of new content, more than any episode in sotsu so far.
I refuse to take your math seriously.
And that should be telling enough for the rest.

Ashhk said:
the next one will be more interesting for sure
Man, if I had a yen every time I heard this, then mmmmaybe I could hire someone decent to write this stuff..

Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Sep 16, 2021 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
Rika talking about not leaving Hinamizawa should have talked more about it for Satoko to stop doing these actions she was doing.
Sep 16, 2021 5:27 PM
Sep 2008
Si1verR0se said:

And why would you think that "Sword" and "Hanyuu giving Rika ability to remember" are important to the plot? I mean, sword itself is just a full contradiction to OG, since it was used specifically to "Kill demons", and in Gou anime it suddenly was used "to kill loopers".

I would think the takeaway from this would be that "loopers" and "demons" are essentially the same thing, not that it's a contradiction.
Sep 16, 2021 6:26 PM
May 2021
Hulio said:
This was the first episode where I honestly skipped about half of it (The moment I saw Rika lying in the bed I was like NOPE)

@SkyhighCFC Well... Atleast we can agree that Rika definitely is the dumbest person around in these new seasons.
Who would have guessed that she didn't even figure out Satoko was the culprit, it was only Rena's memories and by accident and whatnot...
Speaking of which, I guess that ties everything up on the cover picture. Rena holding Rika's hand, helping her to win against Satoko.. smh.

ToshiroIto said:

There was about 9 minutes of new content, more than any episode in sotsu so far.

Ashhk said:
Man, if I had a yen every time I heard this, then mmmmaybe I could hire someone decent to write this stuff..

What cover picture are you talking about? The only cover picture I've seen for this is the one with Rika and Satoko in their St.Lucia uniforms in the sea of fragments below the rest of their friends whose faces are all darked out
Sep 16, 2021 6:27 PM

Mar 2014
this season 15 eps 5% new contents, the rest recaps.
Sep 16, 2021 6:41 PM

May 2020
warpio said:
Si1verR0se said:

And why would you think that "Sword" and "Hanyuu giving Rika ability to remember" are important to the plot? I mean, sword itself is just a full contradiction to OG, since it was used specifically to "Kill demons", and in Gou anime it suddenly was used "to kill loopers".

I would think the takeaway from this would be that "loopers" and "demons" are essentially the same thing, not that it's a contradiction.

But the sword cant kill demons. The only time its cannonically been used is against Hanyuu and shes fine.

... So that means it cant kill loopers either. Oh boy...
ChargecoulombSep 16, 2021 6:53 PM
Sep 16, 2021 6:55 PM

May 2020
Not matter where Sotsu goes from here,

Higu sotsu got 13 eps of mostly same content. While other (good / better) mystery stories like Kamisama no Memochou, Gosick and Hakomari still havent recieved full anime adaptations.

If youre dissapointed with this, go read Hakomari and Kamisama no Memochou, youll have more fun, and get the chance to sink your teeth into some good mysteries.

Hakomari in particular should be in every WTC fans to do list, it follows the WTC formula closely, but writes out a much more coherent and lean story than Ryu has in the last half decade or so.
ChargecoulombSep 16, 2021 8:31 PM
Sep 16, 2021 8:18 PM

May 2021
Well at least got Hanyuu screaming, 10/10 episode would watch a recap again

Sep 16, 2021 8:19 PM
May 2021
SkyhighCFC said:

What cover picture are you talking about? The only cover picture I've seen for this is the one with Rika and Satoko in their St.Lucia uniforms in the sea of fragments below the rest of their friends whose faces are all darked out

The Gou album covers featuring bitchtoko while Rena and Rika are holding hands.
Sep 16, 2021 9:13 PM

Aug 2009
SkyhighCFC said:
Hulio said:

https://s1.zerochan.net/Higurashi.no.Naku.Koro.ni.Gou.600.3230762.jpg
Sep 16, 2021 9:26 PM

May 2019
This series is so much recap that I accidentally skipped 1 episode and didn't notice.
At least we're finally getting new content next week, I think.

Sep 16, 2021 9:33 PM

Jan 2020
Great, It looks like we're finally getting stuff that wasn't in gou next week

I'm pretty confident there's gonna be a sequel because if not, I'm expecting a very poor ending in these next 2 episodes.

Sep 16, 2021 10:40 PM
Oct 2020
Is it just me or does this season seem a lot more censored? Like last season they showed all the blood & gore but in this season everything just gets shaded out
Sep 16, 2021 10:55 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Hanyuu is stacked! Weird fanservice moment there but guess I should be grateful her clothes weren't disintegrated like in the OP.

But seriously, wish I could give this series a negative score. 1/10 is no longer enough at this point.

I can't believe it. They couldn't even give a proper execution to the sequence with Rika finally discovering the truth about Satoko. What...? The power of love and friendship Miracles + "I regained the memory in third person of an event I shouldn't have remembered at all because I was already fucking dead"? Fucking bullshit.
Sep 16, 2021 11:38 PM

Apr 2018
ssjokg said:
ToshiroIto said:

Just denying what I say isn't how you debate things? It's just dumb and counter-productive. If you know anything that proves me wrong feel free to say it but I doubt you can if that's what you're resorting to.

And sorry if I did read that wrong, I'm very tired right now, and really should probably be sleeping.
Those two seasons are filled with posts of why we think Satoko and Rika are ooc.

I am sorry but I am no longer in the mood to repeat those for the nth time.

Just read the VN, they are completely in character. All that's different is them changing during the few years after Matsuri
Sep 17, 2021 1:01 AM

Aug 2009
ToshiroIto said:
ssjokg said:
Those two seasons are filled with posts of why we think Satoko and Rika are ooc.

Just read the VN, they are completely in character. All that's different is them changing during the few years after Matsuri

Sorry but no. Even in the anime, Rika at least, had developed into a character that would actually put effort into getting her miracle.

Gou Rika reverted to OG Question arc Rika.

On the other hand we have Satoko literally discarding Satoshi.
Sep 17, 2021 1:02 AM
Jun 2019
At this point I'm just waiting for Battler to show up. Don't even care about the story anymore.
Sep 17, 2021 1:05 AM

May 2020
ToshiroIto said:
ssjokg said:

Im gonna compile some of my previous posts and reference this everytime someone makes a conflicting argument.

Ive read the VN, manga, and even the console arcs. Rika's personality hasnt changed at all. Shes just how she was at the end of Matsuri.

People see Rika drinking tea with the Ojou and think that shes changed. Rika was always a cynical, tea drinking grandma, her Mii Nipa~ cutesy personality is all an act. The way she acts in St Lucia is somewhat accurate to her character.

Sotsugous problem is much much more severe

Her abandoning Satoko however is wildly OOC. If youve read the VN Rika has a panic attack over loosing Satoko. This is someone shes been close with for over a 100 years, she wont yeet them away that easily.

If we ever do get a St Lucia recap, well probably see that Satoko was under HS delusions all along, and that Rika was trying to help her.

What is inexcusable is Rikas drop in Intelligence. Rika lost her braincells after Matsuri, and does not try to Try to recreate it in Gou.
Why?
Its the first thing she tries in Saikoroshi, and it should be the first thing she tries here.
Bumbling around like an idiot, saying cryptic nonsense to K1, is going against Every single thing she learnt in Higurashi Kai and you cant argue against that. Her main lesson is Kai was

waiting for shit to happen your way is not gonna work, you have to roll up your sleeves and work for the result you need. Instead of waiting for it to come to you.

Not to mention she had no problem showing up in the junkyard in Onidamashi, but didnt bother to check up on Takano until Nekodamashi.

If youve read the VN you know that Once Tomitake dies, Rika has no chance of beating Takano, in Miotsukushi and Matsuribayashi the first thing she did was warn Irie and Tomitake. Did that happen in any of the arcs? Nope.

This is an insult to Higurashi Kai, and every single one of its arcs.

Ps - Satokos character examination eh? Have you read Miotsukushi, Satoko gets more development there than she does in the entirety of Sotsugou.

What exactly did Sotsugou tell you about Satoko?
- Has no problem with killing her friends, not only Rika.
- Can forgive Teppei for abusing and hurting her and Satoshi but cant forgive Rika for some reason.
- Knows about all of Rikas loops but cant sympathise with why Rika might want to leave Hinamaizawa.
- Only felt Regret qhen killing Teppei (lol) but not her friends.
- Has no qualms about injecting innoncents like Akasaka and old man Kimiyoshi.
- Tricks K1 and screws him over in Tatari.
- Injects Mion, the most neutral and stable person in the group. For no reason than the lols.
- Rolls around in the ground laughing like an idiot.
- Falls victim to Euas goading.
- Kills her own regrets in Tatarikashi.
- Dodges sword strikes with the speed of a ninja? how? Who knows?
- Has no trauma for Teppei or Takano but somehow is traumatised by a fucking BOX. Bloody hell if a box punch is all it takes, why the fuck is she not kneeling over for Rena. Who packs a meaner punch?

PSS - Some people try to justify Satokos L5 trip by saying that the worlds are not permanent. Well, we see the world continuing even after Rika and Satoko leave. Meaning people have to live with the consequences of what Satoko does.

What about Keichiis Parents? Renas father? Akasakas wife and daughter? Shion? Akane? Ooshis partner Kumagi? St Lucia kids were probably scarred for life right? Mion in Onidamashi? They are left in these worlds to pick up the pieces from Satokos disaster.

Need I say more?
ChargecoulombSep 17, 2021 5:05 AM
Sep 17, 2021 1:58 AM
Jun 2017
If you noticed right before the credits in the scene where Satoko produces her gun to aim at Rika, you can see that while Rena's shocked by her unbelievable action, Keiichi's eyes are covered while we also can't see Mion's since her back was turned towards the screen. I had a strong feeling that Keiichi and Mion remember the horrific events as the miracle and will do something about Witch Satoko!
Sep 17, 2021 2:14 AM

Jan 2019
ruiadrmartins said:
At this point I'm just waiting for Battler to show up. Don't even care about the story anymore.

Umi bros, we keep winning
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Sep 17, 2021 2:57 AM

Aug 2009
Emillian said:
ruiadrmartins said:

TBH I want ΛΔ to appear and smash Satoko's face in then drown her in a . lake of sweets for the lols.
Sep 17, 2021 2:59 AM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Emillian said:

TBH I want ΛΔ to appear and smash Satoko's face in then drown her in a . lake of sweets for the lols.

At this point I just want SOMETHING to happen. From this episode the only interesting thing was the Cico refference and Eua's attitude when she was not laughing like a maniac.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Sep 17, 2021 3:51 AM

Oct 2014
Chargecoulomb said:
If we ever do get a St Lucia recap, well probably see that Satoko was under HS delusins all along, and that Rika was trying to help her.
Oh god... don't jinx it...

Other than that, that was a pretty good indepth post, hope that some people will now finally understand/realize how the things are.
But sadly, atleast for the most of them, I doubt it.
It is like they are doing everything they can with their mental gymnastics to prove their point.
Sep 17, 2021 4:47 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Keirik said:
Boring, boring, boring, Hanyuu, boring, boring, Hanyuu, boring, episode over.
That sums it up pretty accurately

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 17, 2021 6:48 AM
May 2021
PinkShibaInu said:
SkyhighCFC said:

The Gou album covers featuring bitchtoko while Rena and Rika are holding hands.

ah okay, I remember it now
Sep 17, 2021 6:53 AM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:
ToshiroIto said:

Im gonna compile some of my previous posts and reference this everytime someone makes a conflicting argument.

Ive read the VN, manga, and even the console arcs. Rika's personality hasnt changed at all. Shes just how she was at the end of Matsuri.

People see Rika drinking tea with the Ojou and think that shes changed. Rika was always a cynical, tea drinking grandma, her Mii Nipa~ cutesy personality is all an act. The way she acts in St Lucia is somewhat accurate to her character.

Sotsugous problem is much much more severe

Her abandoning Satoko however is wildly OOC. If youve read the VN Rika has a panic attack over loosing Satoko. This is someone shes been close with for over a 100 years, she wont yeet them away that easily.

If we ever do get a St Lucia recap, well probably see that Satoko was under HS delusions all along, and that Rika was trying to help her.

What is inexcusable is Rikas drop in Intelligence. Rika lost her braincells after Matsuri, and does not try to Try to recreate it in Gou.
Why?
Its the first thing she tries in Saikoroshi, and it should be the first thing she tries here.
Bumbling around like an idiot, saying cryptic nonsense to K1, is going against Every single thing she learnt in Higurashi Kai and you cant argue against that. Her main lesson is Kai was

waiting for shit to happen your way is not gonna work, you have to roll up your sleeves and work for the result you need. Instead of waiting for it to come to you.

Not to mention she had no problem showing up in the junkyard in Onidamashi, but didnt bother to check up on Takano until Nekodamashi.

If youve read the VN you know that Once Tomitake dies, Rika has no chance of beating Takano, in Miotsukushi and Matsuribayashi the first thing she did was warn Irie and Tomitake. Did that happen in any of the arcs? Nope.

This is an insult to Higurashi Kai, and every single one of its arcs.

Ps - Satokos character examination eh? Have you read Miotsukushi, Satoko gets more development there than she does in the entirety of Sotsugou.

- Can forgive Teppei for abusing and hurting her and Satoshi but cant forgive Rika for some reason.
- Knows about all of Rikas loops but cant sympathise with why Rika might want to leave Hinamaizawa.
- Injects Mion, the most neutral and stable person in the group. For no reason than the lols.
- Has no trauma for Teppei or Takano but somehow is traumatised by a fucking BOX. Bloody hell if a box punch is all it takes, why the fuck is she not kneeling over for Rena. Who packs a meaner punch?

PSS - Some people try to justify Satokos L5 trip by saying that the worlds are not permanent. Well, we see the world continuing even after Rika and Satoko leave. Meaning people have to live with the consequences of what Satoko does.

What about Keichiis Parents? Renas father? Akasakas wife and daughter? Shion? Akane? Ooshis partner Kumagi? St Lucia kids were probably scarred for life right? Mion in Onidamashi? They are left in these worlds to pick up the pieces from Satokos disaster.

Need I say more?

You make very valid arguments, but I want to point out the fact that Rika never actually abandoned Satoko. At worst, she wasn't pushy enough in wanting to help her friend. She offered Satoko an olive branch MULTIPLE TIMES at St.Lucia, all of which Satoko refused to take. How is that her abandoning her? If anything, it just makes Satoko's character look even worse.
Sep 17, 2021 6:55 AM
May 2021
tokyorico910 said:
Is it just me or does this season seem a lot more censored? Like last season they showed all the blood & gore but in this season everything just gets shaded out

That's what happens when you're only given the TV broadcast version on your streaming platform.
Sep 17, 2021 7:04 AM

May 2020
SkyhighCFC said:

You make very valid arguments, but I want to point out the fact that Rika never actually abandoned Satoko. At worst, she wasn't pushy enough in wanting to help her friend. She offered Satoko an olive branch MULTIPLE TIMES at St.Lucia, all of which Satoko refused to take. How is that her abandoning her? If anything, it just makes Satoko's character look even worse.

Yeah thats my bad, but one can argue that Rika did give up on reaching out to her after a while, not that its Rikas fault to begin with. the entire St Lucia part is weird as heck. Which is why I dont think Satokos pov of it is 100 percent accurate.

And they spend 2 or 3 years in St Lucia right? Its very hard to believe that what the anime showed us were all the interactions between them. Its not impossible, but odds are that there's many interactions between Satoko and Rika at St Lucia that the show doesnt show us.

This ties into Rika being an idiot, but she should have at least been cautious about Satoko. Because the OG makes it clear that an unhappy silent Satoko is bad news. Being distant / angry / Silent/ Suspicious / and unhappy is often a sign of HS, so its weird that Rika didnt pick up on that.
ChargecoulombSep 17, 2021 7:21 AM
Sep 17, 2021 7:30 AM
Jan 2010
It would be poetic if they were to flashback to satoko's high (middle?) school days next episode. This show would truly come full circle.

I don't think I'm intelligent enough to understand satoko's reaction to the box. Why would she have a trauma over such a minuscule thing when she's constantly murdering people in cold blood for like hundreds of years?
Sep 17, 2021 8:02 AM

Aug 2009
StardustReverie said:
It would be poetic if they were to flashback to satoko's high (middle?) school days next episode. This show would truly come full circle.

I don't think I'm intelligent enough to understand satoko's reaction to the box. Why would she have a trauma over such a minuscule thing when she's constantly murdering people in cold blood for like hundreds of years?
A question we had since 6+ months ago.
Sep 17, 2021 8:18 AM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Yeah thats my bad, but one can argue that Rika did give up on reaching out to her after a while, not that its Rikas fault to begin with. the entire St Lucia part is weird as heck. Which is why I dont think Satokos pov of it is 100 percent accurate.

And they spend 2 or 3 years in St Lucia right? Its very hard to believe that what the anime showed us were all the interactions between them. Its not impossible, but odds are that there's many interactions between Satoko and Rika at St Lucia that the show doesnt show us.

This ties into Rika being an idiot, but she should have at least been cautious about Satoko. Because the OG makes it clear that an unhappy silent Satoko is bad news. Being distant / angry / Silent/ Suspicious / and unhappy is often a sign of HS, so its weird that Rika didnt pick up on that.

I will always maintain that Satoko's attitude at St.Lucia and her motives for doing all this shit are the weakest aspects of GOU/SOTSU. There's no way that over 3 years, Satoko and Rika only had 3 interactions. And you're also 100% spot on about Rika not being cautious about Satoko being distant. One could argue that she was just so over the moon to be living her dream that she was more susceptible to miss a detail like that, but even then, at some point over 3 years a red flag HAS to be raised, especially considering it's supposed to be her best friend.
Sep 17, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2018
Atleast the recaps are over. I would flip out a window if st lucia arc in rika pov is the next 2 episodes
Sep 17, 2021 10:08 AM

Sep 2007
ToshiroIto said:
I don't see how people can complain about there being 'no new content' in this episode, when it was literally 95% new content
episode literally had a scene from last episode which was a scene from gou. The fuck are you talking about, get out with 95% new content
Sep 17, 2021 10:44 AM

Sep 2007
Chargecoulomb said:

Need I say more?
You are casting pearls before swines here. 100% agree with what you have wrote. I can't fathom how can anyone defend this crap.
Sep 17, 2021 11:59 AM

Mar 2009
I kinda get the feeling that we're getting a true looping experience with this season. The fanservice in between gore scenes was completely tasteless and unnecessary. Loved the OST though.
Sep 17, 2021 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
so 13 episodes to explain what happened in the Higurashi remake of season 1 and just the last episodes, so in the next 2 episodes what will happen? Another cliffhanger or will they literally give boxing gloves to Rika and Satoko and have at it, because it's nice that they explain us everything how and what happens and why but at least be 24 or 26 episodes to have 50% of explaining and 50% of new stuff not 90% of explaining and 10% of new stuff.
Sep 17, 2021 3:16 PM

Aug 2021
i knew this was finally gonna happen i was waiting the entire season for this
i was shaking throughout the entire episode the suspense was insane
gosh how do i survive til next week ughh
Sep 17, 2021 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
Danpmss said:
Well, they chose the cliffhanger I didn't want for this one, so frustrating to end at the gun scene again, it's just not a good tease when you are being a slowburner through this entire season and reach the pivotal point once again. *sigh*

They revisited the other 2 eps of Nekodamashi in this one and gave us some Hanyuu and Eua content, as well as some Hanyuu miracle action again, as for the usual Higurashi ex machina, I don't mind much, part of the ride really.

This episode didn't really need to recap the entirety of the Watanagashi performed on Rika again tbh (could have easily be shown for just a bit in Hanyuu's PoV from the Sea of Fragments), that was definitely padded to get us to the gun cliffhanger, and that sucks.

The OST choices were the highlights in this one for once, and not the visuals, definitely created a much more unsettling overview on Satoko's egotistical manipulation through Rika's helplessness.

At least we run out of recaps now. This was the weakest ep of Sotsu in terms of content percentages, but I do have some good things to add regarding the Eua and Hanyuu conversation though, which made it worthwhile.

The best parts of the episode were of course:

1- Ciconia connection with Vier once again, as well as interesting terminology with wavelengths in the Sea of Fragments.
2- Confirmation that Eua is indeed part of Hanyuu, which is a theory I have been holding on for a while now, nearly confirmed in the previous episode.
3- Umineko talk regarding fragments as gameboards, and the people interacting in them with a culprit piece (Gamemaster as far as it goes), versus one that is trying to win against them as Players in said gameboard.

Connections with WTC stuff are by far the most intriguing content in Newgurashi for me, and considering we covered all of what it had to recap, these final last episodes might turn very interesting very quick, when it comes to the lore they are touching upon.
Thank you for bringing logic to the thread yet again. Seems like MAL users do nothing but complain, to be honest.
Sep 17, 2021 3:39 PM

Oct 2008
Hulio said:

ToshiroIto said:

Ashhk said:

Yeh right? This Sotsu season was soo boring until now, it was almost like I was watching Gou all over against but without the surprises. This last ep has a little more "new content" but I was like:
Hum... that's new... aaaannnnd that's it isn't it?
(19 min later) Here comes the point where the really new stuff will happen... (end of ep) DAM!!!

All this season could be done in... what?? 5... 6 eps until the current point?? And I'm being very generous!
This has been really boring and a waste of eps and time until now. Now they have only 2 eps to finish all of the remaining story... It will awesome to see one of the 2 things, with a 3rd (turd) possibility:
1 - Rushing like hell to end the story
2 - Demonstrate that Satsu didn't have enough story for a whole season.
- The 3rd one (the most likely option, but it will be the end of the "Higurashi" name), they will be dragging for another season.

What option do you think they will do?? XD
r_justoSep 17, 2021 3:43 PM
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Sep 17, 2021 3:41 PM

Jun 2019
I like the bit of extra content to finally see (as opposed to during the inclusion of the same scene last week) what transpired in the minutes after Rika was killed by Keiichi after becoming symptomatic and going insane at the Angel Mort restaurant, but now the biggest things which irk me are:

1.) Why include that same scene at all then last episode with zero added context and material? It could simply have been left out last week and more actual original content in lieu of it, but that's been the theme throughout this season.

2.) Something within me still can't believe after all this, it took 13 episodes, and there is still the sheer gall to leave the audience on the same cliffhanger as back in January. We're now in mid-September. Why not just make Gou another 3 - 5 episodes then? It's not rational.
WatchTillTandavaSep 18, 2021 4:18 PM
Sep 17, 2021 4:17 PM

Oct 2014
r_justo said:
This has been really boring and a waste of eps and time until now. Now they have only 2 eps to finish all of the remaining story... It will awesome to see one of the 2 things, with a 3rd (turd) possibility:
- The 3rd one (the most likely option, but it will be the end of the "Higurashi" name), they will be dragging for another season.

I... I honestly don't know.
The writing on this never before seen anime has been so unexpected that they could do anything.

Be it rushed end, or yet another season with more recaps from new pov.
It really could go either way, and it's honestly a lose-lose situation.

But if I had to bet, then I'd say that there's still more to milk. The franchise isn't leeched dry until it's completely dead.

Stay tuned for the next season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
This time we'll have the St. Lucia arc from Rika's perspective!!
And that's not all, we will also see everything from the very beginning with the addition of never before seen Eua's commentary!

Sep 17, 2021 4:58 PM

Oct 2008
Hulio said:
r_justo said:

I... I honestly don't know.
The writing on this never before seen anime has been so unexpected that they could do anything.

Be it rushed end, or yet another season with more recaps from new pov.
It really could go either way, and it's honestly a lose-lose situation.

But if I had to bet, then I'd say that there's still more to milk. The franchise isn't leeched dry until it's completely dead.

Stay tuned for the next season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
This time we'll have the St. Lucia arc from Rika's perspective!!
And that's not all, we will also see everything from the very beginning with the addition of never before seen Eua's commentary!

And expect 2 new OVA's. One you will see the Gou/Sotsu story from a viewer's POV! All the reactions, all the surprises, all the hype!! 20 mins of pure content!!
And the new and unique St. Lucia arc but this time from the Chandelier perspective!! All the story from a high point POV, until that fatidical moment that initiated all the kills! And with comments from Chandelier-dono. Don't miss it!
r_justoSep 17, 2021 5:01 PM
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Sep 17, 2021 5:19 PM
Jun 2020
The only reason i'm still watching is because Higurashi is one of my favorite anime, and one of my first since I got into the medium.

Since around the end of Wataakashi/start of Tatariakashi, I've been having trouble looking at the events from some of the characters perspectives and sympathizing with them, since I know what is going to happen. I usually try to look at the issues a character is facing (in most media I consume) and figure out how they are feeling, but here I guess I just can't do that since I know how they are going to react.

I am also getting the feeling that Sotsu is less of a new story for us, but seeks to accomplish two things:

1) Connecting Higurashi to the other less popular When They Cry Universes by hiding small details in the animation and including several small hints in conversations between characters. It's mainly for long time WTC fans and for world building the WTC franchise as a whole, in order to be able to connect all of them into one cohesive story.

2) To re ignite interest into the WTC franchise so that a potential Umineko remake/sequel anime can release and be successful.

I'm saying this because the original Umineko anime sucked, and Umineko is less popular than Higurashi overall. Perhaps, In order to gain approval from higher ups who wouldn't be confident in another unsuccessful Umineko anime, they made Gou/Sotsu to connect the two. Thus, there would be more interest for Umineko among anime watchers and the higher possibility of an Umi anime being greenlighted.

What I'm trying to say is, perhaps an Umineko anime was the original goal, but chose to make Gou/Sotsu to test consumer interest for it. It would explain all the re used scenes as they expected new viewers to watch. Ryukishi07 even stated that he encouraged new viewers to watch.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Sep 17, 2021 5:35 PM

May 2020

I dont know about a new Anime, but Its safe to assume that part of the reason for SotsuGous existence is Mei.

I cant tell this for sure, but I wonder how succesfull the attempt to introduce new fans were?

Because we can see a few new fans, but not much. For Gou if I remember correctly up to 60 percent were new viewers. A considerable amount got confused / bored dropped Gou near the end.

How many of these new viewers actually came back for Sotsu?
Sep 17, 2021 6:31 PM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:

I dont know about a new Anime, but Its safe to assume that part of the reason for SotsuGous existence is Mei.

I cant tell this for sure, but I wonder how succesfull the attempt to introduce new fans were?

Because we can see a few new fans, but not much. For Gou if I remember correctly up to 60 percent were new viewers. A considerable amount got confused / bored dropped Gou near the end.

How many of these new viewers actually came back for Sotsu?

I won't post it because idk how credible it is, but I saw a chart recently showing the full timeline of Higurashi trending since it's inception to now. Basically Sotsu was so unpopular that it was less popular than when Higurashi first came into existence back on CDs. The peak of Sotsu was only half that of Gou and Gou was only high up until everyone realized it wasn't a remake, then it plummeted like a rock.

If that chart was true I wonder how much coping will be needed for Ryukishi07 and his most hardcore followers. It seemed extremely accurate to the release of everything Higurashi related throughout it's entire history. Those statistics basically say "should've stuck to it being a remake."
Sep 17, 2021 10:02 PM

Aug 2009
SparkleDuck said:
Danpmss said:
Well, they chose the cliffhanger I didn't want for this one, so frustrating to end at the gun scene again, it's just not a good tease when you are being a slowburner through this entire season and reach the pivotal point once again. *sigh*

They revisited the other 2 eps of Nekodamashi in this one and gave us some Hanyuu and Eua content, as well as some Hanyuu miracle action again, as for the usual Higurashi ex machina, I don't mind much, part of the ride really.

This episode didn't really need to recap the entirety of the Watanagashi performed on Rika again tbh (could have easily be shown for just a bit in Hanyuu's PoV from the Sea of Fragments), that was definitely padded to get us to the gun cliffhanger, and that sucks.

The OST choices were the highlights in this one for once, and not the visuals, definitely created a much more unsettling overview on Satoko's egotistical manipulation through Rika's helplessness.

At least we run out of recaps now. This was the weakest ep of Sotsu in terms of content percentages, but I do have some good things to add regarding the Eua and Hanyuu conversation though, which made it worthwhile.

The best parts of the episode were of course:

1- Ciconia connection with Vier once again, as well as interesting terminology with wavelengths in the Sea of Fragments.
2- Confirmation that Eua is indeed part of Hanyuu, which is a theory I have been holding on for a while now, nearly confirmed in the previous episode.
3- Umineko talk regarding fragments as gameboards, and the people interacting in them with a culprit piece (Gamemaster as far as it goes), versus one that is trying to win against them as Players in said gameboard.

Connections with WTC stuff are by far the most intriguing content in Newgurashi for me, and considering we covered all of what it had to recap, these final last episodes might turn very interesting very quick, when it comes to the lore they are touching upon.
Thank you for bringing logic to the thread yet again. Seems like MAL users do nothing but complain, to be honest.
yes definitely the fault of MAL users.

Don't complain people. From this point onwards all complaints are prohibited. Post only if you can only praise this phenomenal and very original series.
ssjokgSep 17, 2021 10:36 PM
Sep 17, 2021 10:35 PM

Oct 2014
AssClapper69 said:
The only reason i'm still watching is because Higurashi is one of my favorite anime, and one of my first since I got into the medium.

Since around the end of Wataakashi/start of Tatariakashi, I've been having trouble looking at the events from some of the characters perspectives and sympathizing with them, since I know what is going to happen. I usually try to look at the issues a character is facing (in most media I consume) and figure out how they are feeling, but here I guess I just can't do that since I know how they are going to react.

I am also getting the feeling that Sotsu is less of a new story for us, but seeks to accomplish two things:

1) Connecting Higurashi to the other less popular When They Cry Universes by hiding small details in the animation and including several small hints in conversations between characters. It's mainly for long time WTC fans and for world building the WTC franchise as a whole, in order to be able to connect all of them into one cohesive story.

2) To re ignite interest into the WTC franchise so that a potential Umineko remake/sequel anime can release and be successful.

I'm saying this because the original Umineko anime sucked, and Umineko is less popular than Higurashi overall. Perhaps, In order to gain approval from higher ups who wouldn't be confident in another unsuccessful Umineko anime, they made Gou/Sotsu to connect the two. Thus, there would be more interest for Umineko among anime watchers and the higher possibility of an Umi anime being greenlighted.

What I'm trying to say is, perhaps an Umineko anime was the original goal, but chose to make Gou/Sotsu to test consumer interest for it. It would explain all the re used scenes as they expected new viewers to watch. Ryukishi07 even stated that he encouraged new viewers to watch.
They're not doing a good job if the main intention is supposed to be bringing new viewers when they spend 50% of these 2 seasons on recap and doing a half-assed job on explaining stuff. And the references are weird honestly. Feathirine look-alike that only points and laughs like a toddler for the majority of the time. Random Ciconia reference that I'm sure 95% of the audience didn't get because they haven't read it. Throwing the word witch randomly and somehow to led people thinking it might have a connection to the witches in Umineko.

But, of course, what do I know? R07 definitely knew what he's doing, right?
Sep 17, 2021 11:32 PM

May 2020
For those wondering, Eua has made her appearance in Mei.

Shows up, Summons Satoko to talk to her. Satoko knows her name, but doesnt remember who she is. Eua says that shes not here to interfere, directly alludes to gameboards and games.

Even though Mei isnt cannon, its still clear that the future of Higu is gonna be as a glorified prologue to Umineko and /or part of Ciconia.

Until Ciconia eventually turns both Higu and Umi into virtual simulations.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.