Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 31, 2018 8:57 AM

Oct 2013
As a person that watches a lot of netflix series, I came here looking for netflix related discussion but I realise that they are all over the place. So I believe having a thread that contains all the netflix series discussion is a good move.

So here we can discuss whatever series, movies, documentary etc, just remember to use the spoiler tags when it is appropriate so we don't spoil each other

So I will kick start things, I just completed a tv series called ''You'' on netflix and I thought it was great overall, there is one or two nitpick here and there but I enjoy it a lot, it is really underrated because not much people are talking about it and I only saw one youtuber even live reacting to it. Trust me guys you need to check it out.

Also just got into black mirror watch the first two episodes, didn't like the first one, but the second one really got me interested. I also heard of another black mirror interactive show/game on netflix? I'm interested in that as well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 31, 2018 9:21 AM

Aug 2018
keragamming said:
Also just got into black mirror watch the first two episodes, didn't like the first one, but the second one really got me interested. I also heard of another black mirror interactive show/game on netflix? I'm interested in that as well.

Oh man, I love the first episode of Black Mirror. Why didn't you like it? The second and third episodes are great as well. The first season is almost flawless imo.
Dec 31, 2018 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is pretty great though I know with some things that they lay on THICK would annoy some people especially people from here.

Dec 31, 2018 10:16 AM

Dec 2016
started hannibal a couple days ago - really enjoying the cinematography (disturbing done well) and the acting: a very impressive show in general with how they've worked with their premise
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 31, 2018 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
milkclub said:
keragamming said:

Oh man, I love the first episode of Black Mirror. Why didn't you like it? The second and third episodes are great as well. The first season is almost flawless imo.

Its not bad on a writing standpoint, I just felt uncomfortable while watching it and it wasn't as interesting or have a sense of mystery to it like the 2nd episode, where we as the viewers slowly understand what was going on in that world.

I don't think the first episode was bad, but it didn't really got me into the series until episode 2, halfway through episode 3.
Dec 31, 2018 1:25 PM

Jul 2017
Black Mirror has a pretty cool concept, though it can get a little preachy and dumb at times with its "old man yells at technology attitude".

I don't watch a lot of Netflix originals, but I've watched:
Stranger Things
American Vandal
Bojack Horseman
Neo Yokio
Dec 31, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2011
milkclub said:
keragamming said:

I can't agree with you enough. The very first episode is one of my favorites, as disgusting as it is. The first two seasons of the show are excellent, in my opinion. The other two haven't been bleak enough for me. :(
Dec 31, 2018 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
Watched Breaking Bad. Thought it was overall amazing despite flaws. 8.5/10 show.

Watched the German series Dark. It was cool but I didn't fully understand it when I watched it. Hell of a lot more confusing than Steins;Gate.

Black Mirror was good in the first 2 seasons and ended up going to shit later on. Shut up and Dance was great at suspense and immersion. Entire History of you was great at characterization. Be Right Back was great at drama. 15 million credits was decent but didn't feel explored. Felt too linear. All the other episodes either felt like rehashes or weren't as strong in their theme exploration or presentation.

Maybe I'm looking back with rose colored glasses, but I really liked the Canadian series Continuum.

Only watched the first season of 13 reasons why. I thought it was shit. 2/10

Daredevil S1 was kickass. Yeah, it did rely on stereotypes and cliche plot points but other than that, it was great. 8/10 show.

Daredevil S2 wasn't nearly as good. Things felt very choppy and didn't flow as well. 6/10 show
removed-userDec 31, 2018 10:58 PM
Dec 31, 2018 8:03 PM

Dec 2010
Romantic comedy called Love, directed by the same guy that did Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin

House of Cards, it's a bit of a heavy show and requires some attention to follow it

Ozark is cool too! It's pretty similar to an Amazon series called Tin Star if you've ever seen that

Rom com called Master of None, directed by Aziz Ansari

Disenchantment, made by same makers of Futurama

Obvious ones like Stranger Things, Daredevil, The Punisher, OITNB

Some non-netflix series that're on netflix

New Girl, Parks & Recreations, Cheers, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul

Dec 31, 2018 8:43 PM

Mar 2017
Do you mean Netflix originals? Cant really recall what's what but:

Dark is awesome. Story is a little confusing but if you can understand some of the classic psychological anime out there it'll be cake for you. 8/10

The 100 is gold in my book. First episode sucks and the non-stop "we do what's best for our people" theme gets annoying at times but I love the characters and plot (except for 80% of season 5. it sucked until the end) 9/10

Stranger Things is alright. It has a similar vibe to Dark, and is inferior imo 7/10

Breaking Bad is a must watch for anyone 9/10.
Dec 31, 2018 10:23 PM

Oct 2013
N30-R3TR0 said:
Do you mean Netflix originals? Cant really recall what's what but:

Dark is awesome. Story is a little confusing but if you can understand some of the classic psychological anime out there it'll be cake for you. 8/10

The 100 is gold in my book. First episode sucks and the non-stop "we do what's best for our people" theme gets annoying at times but I love the characters and plot (except for 80% of season 5. it sucked until the end) 9/10

Stranger Things is alright. It has a similar vibe to Dark, and is inferior imo 7/10

Breaking Bad is a must watch for anyone 9/10.

Nah, it doesn't have to be original, as long as it is on netflix it can be discuss here.

You are not the first here to mention dark, I need to give that I try, heard its like stranger things, I didn't really like stranger things that was a 6/10, so I'm not holding my breath on dark right now.

Edit, just notice the stranger thing sentence, if that is the case I'm more interested in dark.
Dec 31, 2018 10:57 PM

Jan 2014
The Black Mirror interactive movie was so fun to fly through. Although some of the endings weren't that good. I liked how self-aware some of the endings became and the little details it had depending on past choices. Definitely worth checking out!

I've been watching a lot of Marvel series on Netflix mainly.
Dec 31, 2018 11:55 PM

Mar 2016
I started watching The Office a couple weeks ago and I am on season 4 at the moment. A great show, really.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jan 1, 2019 1:36 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
It's not Netflix Original but the only tv series I've hardcore binged was Criminal Minds. It was a great month or murder after murder let me tell you.
Jan 1, 2019 12:31 PM

Oct 2009
DADDY IS WATCHING DAREDEVIL SEASON 3 BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jan 2, 2019 9:23 AM

Oct 2015
I've heard a lot of good things about the Haunting of Hillhouse and would love to hear what you guys have to say about it. Is it worth it?
Jan 2, 2019 11:51 AM

Oct 2013
EGOIST said:
I've heard a lot of good things about the Haunting of Hillhouse and would love to hear what you guys have to say about it. Is it worth it?

I personally only watch the first episode, but I couldn't get into it because of all the annoying jump scare. I may continue and give it another chance, a friend of mine told me to give it at least 3 episodes before dropping it.
Jan 8, 2019 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
The third and final season of A Series of Unfortunate Events was pretty good. From the Grim Grotto onwards my memory of the books were pretty hazy, so the concluding episodes seemed new too me which was a pleasant surprise. 8/10

EGOIST said:

It's more of a drama than a horror and it peeks at around ep 6 or 7 but its still a pretty solid show and would rec
mc093Jan 8, 2019 9:19 PM
Jan 10, 2019 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
keragamming said:
As a person that watches a lot of netflix series, I came here looking for netflix related discussion but I realise that they are all over the place. So I believe having a thread that contains all the netflix series discussion is a good move.

So here we can discuss whatever series, movies, documentary etc, just remember to use the spoiler tags when it is appropriate so we don't spoil each other

So I will kick start things, I just completed a tv series called ''You'' on netflix and I thought it was great overall, there is one or two nitpick here and there but I enjoy it a lot, it is really underrated because not much people are talking about it and I only saw one youtuber even live reacting to it. Trust me guys you need to check it out.

I just binge-watched You last week and I really agree - It was a bit like a hidden gem. I wanted to watch it since the first trailer, but then I never heard anyone talking about it and was a bit hesitant. After it ended I finally heard some good opinions and decided to check it out. It was really entertaining in my opinion. I especially enjoyed how fast-paced it was. Many shows with stalkers tend to drag on and it takes so long until things get serious but You already got serious in the first episode.

Black Mirror - Really enjoyed the first three seasons (though each season had episodes I liked more and episodes I liked much less), but the fourth season felt so completely different. I still haven't watched the last two episodes because the previous ones were so completely disappointing. The writing seemed so lazy and predictable. I'm not sure how to feel about the upcoming season...
Jan 10, 2019 10:04 AM

Dec 2016
Uhio said:
House of Cards, it's a bit of a heavy show and requires some attention to follow it

how are you finding it? personally wasn't a fan of when the actor would look into the camera with some wannabe serious 'advice'.
AnimeFreak-San said:
Jan 10, 2019 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
Haibara said:
keragamming said:

I just binge-watched You last week and I really agree - It was a bit like a hidden gem. I wanted to watch it since the first trailer, but then I never heard anyone talking about it and was a bit hesitant. After it ended I finally heard some good opinions and decided to check it out. It was really entertaining in my opinion. I especially enjoyed how fast-paced it was. Many shows with stalkers tend to drag on and it takes so long until things get serious but You already got serious in the first episode.

Black Mirror - Really enjoyed the first three seasons (though each season had episodes I liked more and episodes I liked much less), but the fourth season felt so completely different. I still haven't watched the last two episodes because the previous ones were so completely disappointing. The writing seemed so lazy and predictable. I'm not sure how to feel about the upcoming season...

I heard the museum one is really good like up there with white Christmas, I myself have not watched it yet.
Jan 10, 2019 2:45 PM

Dec 2010
photophobic said:
Uhio said:

how are you finding it? personally wasn't a fan of when the actor would look into the camera with some wannabe serious 'advice'.

I stopped watching it when Kevin Spacey became a pedophile, the series started to get really messy in season 5 and I could not bare it no longer. 1-4 is just fantastic, I kind of loved the idea of the president being an anti-hero but moreso villain role. There were a lot of weird moments, the threesome, that weird dream Frank had, unnecessary sexual relationships. I would never watch it again, my attention span won’t be able to keep up when I know I’ve already seen it what with how long-winding the show is.

Jan 12, 2019 10:53 AM

May 2011
Haibara said:

I stopped at the same point as well, despite being okay with the Hang the DJ episode. I hear the next two episodes are darker, though. I just can't get myself to continue. I'd do anything to get the old Black Mirror back. It was so damn good.
Jan 12, 2019 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
Pink_Ribbon said:
Haibara said:

I stopped at the same point as well, despite being okay with the Hang the DJ episode. I hear the next two episodes are darker, though. I just can't get myself to continue. I'd do anything to get the old Black Mirror back. It was so damn good.

Black museum is one of my favorite and that is the last one for season 4, you may not like metal head the second to last episode for season 4.

But could you explain what you mean by the old black mirror back?
Jan 12, 2019 11:39 AM

May 2011
keragamming said:

Black museum is one of my favorite and that is the last one for season 4, you may not like metal head the second to last episode for season 4.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I feel like ever since Black Mirror was bought by Netflix, the whole attitude of the show changed into something more lighthearted and colorful, and a lot less bleak. The bleakness of the show is what drew me to it in the first place. I recently saw a video explaining exactly how I feel about it. I'll summarize it for you.

In the first two seasons, the show followed a certain formula of portraying a problem and then a solution that ends up doing more harm than good. A point is made that sometimes better technology isn't the answer to our problems. In the third and fourth seasons, the show follows a totally different formula that's different from this tried-and-true one. There is no meaningful conclusion in most of the newer episodes, like in the episode Playtest where it's painfully obvious. Do you see where I'm getting at?

Here's the video if you're interested:

Jan 12, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2013
Pink_Ribbon said:
keragamming said:

I feel like ever since Black Mirror was bought by Netflix, the whole attitude of the show changed into something more lighthearted and colorful, and a lot less bleak. The bleakness of the show is what drew me to it in the first place. I recently saw a video explaining exactly how I feel about it. I'll summarize it for you.

In the first two seasons, the show followed a certain formula of portraying a problem and then a solution that ends up doing more harm than good. A point is made that sometimes better technology isn't the answer to our problems. In the third and fourth seasons, the show follows a totally different formula that's different from this tried-and-true one. There is no meaningful conclusion in most of the newer episodes, like in the episode Playtest where it's painfully obvious. Do you see where I'm getting at?

Oh I see your point, I personally didn't like play test and it is one of the few black mirror episodes I didn't watch reaction to.

I do see point you were making, but I got to say black museum was pretty bleak imo.

Let me tell you the episodes I disliked.

Never liked ep 1 season 1, ep 2 the Waldo moment, and to some extend be right back. In season 3 didn't like playtest, hated in the nation and to some extent men against fire, because the plot twist was too obvious, season 4 didn't like crocodile. The rest were decent to great.
Jan 12, 2019 12:54 PM

May 2011
keragamming said:

Oh I see your point, I personally didn't like play test and it is one of the few black mirror episodes I didn't watch reaction to.

I do see point you were making, but I got to say black museum was pretty bleak imo.

Never liked ep 1 season 1, ep 2 the Waldo moment, and to some extend be right back. In season 3 didn't like playtest, hated in the nation and to some extent men against fire, because the plot twist was too obvious, season 4 didn't like crocodile. The rest were decent to great.

Haha, everyone hates The Waldo Moment. I do too. It looks like our tastes differ a bit, because I liked the very first episode and Be Right Back. But I am looking forward to seeing Black Museum now that you say that.
Jan 12, 2019 1:05 PM

Oct 2013
Pink_Ribbon said:
keragamming said:

Haha, everyone hates The Waldo Moment. I do too. It looks like our tastes differ a bit, because I liked the very first episode and Be Right Back. But I am looking forward to seeing Black Museum now that you say that.

Tell me what you think of it when you watch it.
Jan 12, 2019 1:08 PM

May 2011
keragamming said:
Pink_Ribbon said:

Tell me what you think of it when you watch it.

I sure will. Thanks!
Jan 13, 2019 4:47 AM

Dec 2012
Pink_Ribbon said:
keragamming said:

Can't agree completely with the video because I really enjoyed season three and it still felt fresh to me, but it was interesting to watch anyway :) And your explanation is describing my feelings pretty well, especially the part about the conclusion.

It all felt recycled and uncreative without some great twists. I can't even blame it all on Netflix because I really enjoyed most of season three, but something changed with the fourth season... I often think it's just me and maybe I got tired of the show somehow, but then I see people agreeing that something did change.
Jan 13, 2019 7:37 AM

Oct 2013
@Haibara

Hnag the dj plottwist was great, because you didn't thought it was the app simulation you were watching. I'm pretty sure the app uses their real consciousness as simulation so that increases the legitimacy of the app.

The point of arcangel was to show you that, if it weren't for technology that entire family would not have died, but at the same time, technology is what solve the crime via that animal. I wasn't a fan of arcangel either, but I don't think every episode should have a big plottwist, the pilot episode for black mirror did not have.

You need to make up your mind, you were disappointed in the lack of plotwist for crocodile and then you criticize hang the dj for having a plottwist you didn't see coming, but you dislike it simple because it wasn't really them, even though technically all 1000 simulation was them, because as I said before it was their real conscience.

I do feel like they are running out of ideas, and maybe they can make up new technologies to make it interesting again. I can feel their pressure people expect high quality always but that can't always happen.
keragammingJan 13, 2019 7:41 AM
Jan 24, 2019 9:50 AM

Feb 2017
I think there are a couple of solid netflix originals e.g. stranger things, but not to many in my opinion.
Jan 24, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2016
Atetotion said:

Stranger Things
American Vandal
Bojack Horseman
Neo Yokio

how did you find neo yokio? not sure whether to check it out or not
AnimeFreak-San said:
Jan 24, 2019 6:01 PM

Nov 2017
Highly recommend Bojack Horseman and The Good Place. Great comedy series with some fantastic writing and philosophical themes.
Jan 24, 2019 7:15 PM

Jul 2017
photophobic said:
Atetotion said:

Stranger Things
American Vandal
Bojack Horseman
Neo Yokio

how did you find neo yokio? not sure whether to check it out or not

Neo Yokio is completely absurd and doesn't attempt to be serious at all. However, its over-the-top nature and fun characters are charming and some of the jokes are pretty funny. Neo Yokio is extremely weird and it's more in the vein of American cartoons (very much like the ones on Adult Swim) than the anime aesthetic that it uses for its visuals. Either way, you'll probably love it if you come in with an open mind.
Jan 25, 2019 1:34 AM

Jan 2019
From what I've heard the Black Mirror: Bandersnatch interactive movie thing is terrible. I've yet to try it out, and I should do that soon considering I've seen every other Black Mirror episode.

I watch/I've watched a lot of Netflix, including:

• Riverdale (the show is complete trash but I love to hate watch it)
  • The Good Place (actually funny and wholesome af)
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (I think it's okay, but I watch it anyway)
  • Orange is the New Black (the earlier seasons were much better, but I'm still watching for the conclusion)
  • Castlevania
  • The End of the F***ing World (really great show, highly recommend it)
  • Final Space (like a toned down Rick & Morty; I liked it)
  • Disenchantment (basically a must see if you're into Futurama or The Simpsons)
  • 13 Reasons Why (I didn't think a second seasons was necessary, but welp)
  • The Haunting of Hill House (must see if you're into horror)
  • Stranger Things (I loved Twin Peaks and this definitely gives me those vibes with the setting)
Would love any suggestions if anyone has any :)
Feb 18, 2019 7:55 AM

May 2011
keragamming said:

I just started watching You today, and I finished two episodes. I'm really liking it! It's strange that not many people talk about it. It's quick and entertaining. I'd binge watch it if I had the time.
Feb 18, 2019 12:40 PM

Mar 2017
I watched The Umbrella Academy in one day, it's one of my favorite Netflix series so far. Highly recommended.
Feb 21, 2019 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
Sictransitgloria said:
I watched The Umbrella Academy in one day, it's one of my favorite Netflix series so far. Highly recommended.

Netflix's house style doesn't gel with me but Umbrella Academy really was good. It's cool when every character acts like a distinct person instead of one dominant writer's mouthpiece.
Feb 23, 2019 11:36 AM
Nov 2018
keragamming said:

strangely my parents watched you & fell in love w/ it
but are also extremely paranoid whenever i leave the house lol.
i'm pretty intrigued to get into it.
as of recent, i've been watching a whole charade of things.
i was trying to get into halt and catch fire but it's just not my thing.
too much drama for a show that was considered to be part of a revolutionary time period.
so i've just been binging anime left and right
Feb 25, 2019 11:52 AM
Feb 2019
I've seen "The Office", "Parks and Rec" and "The Good Place" sooooo many times now lol

Does anybody know any similar shows that are on netflix?
Feb 25, 2019 8:53 PM

Nov 2018
Has anyone here seen Juushinki Pandora (Last Hope)? I really enjoyed it, though it had its less-than-great moments. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the next part (assuming there is one)! But it seems like everyone I talk to hasn't seen it??? And does anyone know of any updates on a third part????

君の声 

忘れない 

涙も 

忘れない
Feb 28, 2019 1:20 AM

Oct 2014
I watch a whole lot of Netflix series. 13 Reasons Why, Altered Carbon, Lost In Space, Mindhunter, Stranger Things, The Last Kingdom, and the recent Umbrella Academy. As well as the canceled Marvel shows and Marco Polo.

I'd say my favorite is easily The Last Kingdom, but Altered Carbon and Mindhunter are close seconds depending on their second seasons.
Feb 28, 2019 6:06 AM

Oct 2013
A lot of persons said kingdom is really good, but imo I can't take it serious, There is a lot of dark humour in it, can't tell if it is intentional and then the acting is so exaggerated its hilarious. I'm not sure to call it a so bad its good tv series.
Mar 4, 2019 2:42 AM

Jul 2017
Netflix original series that i've seen (from the best)

casa de papel (money heist)
dark
you
elite
bojack horseman
13 reasons why
big mouth
stranger things
F is for Family

Mar 10, 2019 10:35 AM

Dec 2015
Sictransitgloria said:
I watched The Umbrella Academy in one day

DOes it tell a complete story? (I noticed that it was based on a comics SERIES)
Mar 13, 2019 10:40 AM
Mar 2019
Just finished 'One Dollar' there, really enjoyed it, slow burner but last two episodes were brilliant and tied everything up perfectly.
Apr 6, 2019 11:52 PM

Oct 2013
Going to start sabrina season 2 soon, ironically I gave the first season a 6/10, but I like Sabrina and some of the cast.
Apr 7, 2019 10:12 AM
Feb 2016
Watched Derry Girls a while ago. It's a pretty fun Irish comedy, would reccommend.

Apr 8, 2019 1:51 AM

Oct 2013
_Sofi_ said:
Watched Derry Girls a while ago. It's a pretty fun Irish comedy, would reccommend.

What is it about exactly? And why exactly do you like it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7857 by Maumuu »»
Yesterday, 12:22 PM

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

97 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

» Wheel of Fortune

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

1 by Mayahuel »»
Yesterday, 4:43 AM

» Opinions on Dracula by Bram Stoker

Absurdo_N - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 11, 4:49 PM

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3523 by dreamingneon »»
Jun 11, 2:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.