Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »
Dec 31, 2015 10:28 AM
May 2013
At least this huge arc wrapped up nicely . Remove Hanekawa arc and this monogatari is the best season.
Why it had to be like that when I finally started liking good guy Kaiki ;_;
thetopgun said:
Senjougahara is better off with Kaiki then Koyomi.
Screw that , I'm shipping Kaiki x Nadeko XD
I think is obvious by this point that Ougi is related to Oshino's disappearance and is the next boss like Kaiki was in Nisemonogatari .( I watched monogatari in airing order and haven't read the novels so everything is pure speculation )
Jan 1, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2014
Finally watched this after 2 years, this was amazing as always.

Jan 7, 2016 6:56 AM

Jan 2016
I'm quite dissapointed in the discussion.
I had hoped to see some decent thoughts, but I guess not for this one.

It seems only a few people got the gist.
Well i'm far behind, given it's 2015, so most things are already cleared up.

I'll be starting Hana now...
~~People who mostly ignore your existence... They are in no position to assess you.~~
Jan 10, 2016 10:52 AM
Jan 2013
Although the final Koimonogatari was not my favorite arc (Hanekawa's Nekomonogatari arc was my absolute favorite), the series was still highly enjoyable the entire way through!

This makes another new favorite anime within my top 5 ^w^
kittylily_Jan 13, 2016 3:09 AM
Jan 11, 2016 6:59 PM
Sep 2009
I'm watching the Monogatari Series the 4th time now I think.
And I never noticed it but did Kaiki imply that Ougi is Araragi Koyomi when they where talking?

Part of their conversation:
Kaiki: The talisman that Gaen-senpai entrusted to you... is that it?
Koyomi: Huh? Yhea, it is.
Kaiki: I see. Here. Don't make a mistake next time you chose to use this on someone.
Koyomi: I won't use it... I'll never use something like this.

And then I looked for some Images of Ougi and found that one.

Source: http://bakemonogatari.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ougihat.jpg

It's an artwork from the light novel apparently. And those Butterflies catched my eye (playing MGSV:TPP right now xD) those look like Morphos Butterflys so I googled the meaning/symbolism of those, ammong other things it's "wish grantig"(generally for blue butterflies as far as i got it). So could it be that Ougi is an odity created from some wish or so Koyomi made.
EkusuJan 11, 2016 7:02 PM
Jan 17, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2015
*Clap Clap Clap* 10/10.
I really wanna know more about Ougi now...
Feb 15, 2016 8:50 PM

Mar 2014
Did Kaiki die? Did Kaiki motherfuckin' Deishu die?!?! I pray he did not die!

Definitely my favorite character in the series. Definitely in my top 20 anime characters!

7/10.
Mar 5, 2016 8:17 PM

Feb 2015
Reading the comments makes me believe that Kaiki is alive which makes me extremely happy, he became one of my favorite characters after this arc.

Anyways this series is amazing, a 9 or 10/10 it rivals bake for sure every arc just got better imo
Mar 25, 2016 6:42 AM

Mar 2014
Noooooo Kaiki

Anyway, this was much better than Nisemonogatari and definitely on pair with Bakemonogatari. In some aspects, it was even better.

8/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 4, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2010
Ougi just ruining lives left and right.

We've lost Oshino, Kagenui is apparently in hiatus, and now Kaiki might be gone. Damn it is Gaen removing the competition?
Apr 26, 2016 9:44 AM

May 2015
Kaiki better not have died...
Apr 30, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2015
Didn't expect ms.snake to survive, hoped that she would die, but oh well, as long as she doesn't appear in the future its fine by me

I hope Kaiki miraculously survived

Overall the series was great as expected
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 8, 2016 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
Ougi.....so the true bastard reveals herself.
May 21, 2016 1:02 AM

Apr 2012
OOHHH MMYY GODDDDDDD
Jun 5, 2016 12:53 AM

Nov 2014
Henrique_Braga said:
I hated the fact that Kaiki died, he was a great character . I had one of the best views and was extremely intelligent .
Yeah, seriously, he was mysterious af in the previous seasons, but he was a great character... Watching these episodes with him being at the center and narrating gave me a new perspective... Really sad to see him just die like that, he saved Nadeko (though he was pretty haywire) and the last episodes were pretty interesting to watch... Now, damn you Ougi
Jun 9, 2016 2:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
And with this episode ends the series and Koi--. Koi--, the end, was a bit dissapointg, though the last scene has been great.
In short, the whole series, each of the arcs has started great, but have had little showy resolutions. 6/10.

--
Y con este episodio acaba Koi-- y la serie. Koi-- , el final ha sido un poco decepcionante, aunque la última escena ha sido genial.
En resumen, toda la serie, cada uno de los arcos ha empezado genial, pero han tenido resoluciones poco vistosas. 6/10.
Jul 14, 2016 6:50 PM

Mar 2013
Holy shit we can't lose Kaiki, I grew up to love him :'(

And OMG Araragi was soooooo annoying in the end
Sep 4, 2016 6:10 AM

Aug 2013
Rip Kaiki.
Ougi is the birth of all the schemes.. someone kill her.
Sep 18, 2016 12:20 AM

Mar 2014
Kaiki didn't die as you can see him in Hanamonogatari which is a sequel
Sep 24, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Well poor Kaiki, he wasn't that of a bad guy after all...

This show started off strong with two great arcs, but then kinda got a bit boring. I didn't like the last episodes as much, though Kaiki was an interesting character to follow. Bake and Nise were better imo. 8/10
Oct 4, 2016 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
I still can't decide whether the whole manga thing is absolutely ridiculous or brilliant.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 4, 2016 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
ojido said:
That comes first chronologically, so that in itself is not proof.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 17, 2016 11:30 PM

Oct 2013
LostSpectre said:
ojido said:
That comes first chronologically, so that in itself is not proof.

Koimonogatari comes first chronologically, not Hana.
Nov 16, 2016 9:40 PM

Sep 2015
The closet content was unexpecting for most of us... Manga. Kaiki I hope he isn't really dead, he's an awesome character. So I'm gonna hope this. He lives but loses his memories but slowly recovers overtime. That kid at the end sounded way more annoying than Sengoku can ever be.
Nov 29, 2016 5:31 PM

Apr 2016
So the season ends with Kaiki asking the question we all (at least those of us who haven't seen past this) have been wondering: who the fuck really is Ougi?

Absolutely loved it.
Nov 30, 2016 10:33 PM
Nov 2015
Yey, Yey Peace Peace !

It would have been a CG level if Kaiki didn't die. Still one of the best series I've ever seen. Though a lot of characters were killed by the story.

Senshougahara & Kaiki best couple !
Dec 3, 2016 9:08 PM

Aug 2016
like the best anime episode ever :D

i felt the feels train for kaiki to :( wow
Jan 12, 2017 3:13 PM

Nov 2013
lmao that ending, the kid saying it's kaiki's fault...not like he was the one who came asking kaiki for curses or anything LOL
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 9, 2017 11:58 AM

Jun 2015
Kaikiiiiiiiiiii it all happened because I started to like him T_T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 13, 2017 9:33 PM

Aug 2016
I didn't want Kaiki die, I really liked his personality, nice, reserved person, an individual who prides himself in having no pride and very very intelligent, my respects, now you are one of my favorite characters on monogatari. RIP. <3

And... now I want with all my heart to kill that damn child. FUCC!
Apr 16, 2017 1:19 PM

Nov 2016
That was a great finale for a great series.
The idea with the dream to become a mangaka was nice.

I was ready for a happy end, but Kaikis death(?) caught me off guard. Glad that I don't have to wait for the next season :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 10, 2017 12:02 PM

Apr 2015
Me: Y'know, Kaiki really is best girl.

*Kaiki gets stabbed*

Me: Oh...well, okay then.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 4, 2017 6:44 AM
May 2012
when people think kaiki is really dead. i don't read the novels but, remember who he is.
well, onto the next one.
Aug 14, 2017 4:39 AM

Jun 2016
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

why kaiki i hope you lying.... because i don't wanna lost any other favorite character...

Q_Q Q_Q Q_Q
Aug 27, 2017 4:04 PM

Dec 2015
Tfw an ending goes with your predictions 👌 I'm so glad Sengoku was actually smarter than a ladybug. In the end, Gaen did correctly predict Kaiki's failure, however i'm guessing she didn't know exactly what Kaiki's backup plan would be - pretty sure Kaiki was the only one who knew what was inside that closet.

Ending wasn't perfect, I was really anticipating the previewed boss battle at the end of the Medusa arc but in the end, only Kaiki and Araragi showed up...

Ultimately, I feel like they should have renamed Hitagi End to Kaiki End considering how Kaiki had the most character development. It's pretty obvious now why Kaiki is such a respected character. Lastly... what the fuck Ougi (she seems to be Gaen's alter-ego)??
~
Sep 6, 2017 1:58 PM
Jun 2014
Hitagi gunning for absolute worst trash main heroine ever? Did she really prioritize Kaiki's survival over hers and Araragi? We all know by Kaiki's monologue that they were something (which isn't a problem except for her being a lying bitch) and she reset her feelings, since apparently that's what all humans do.

Honestly, her behaviour throughout this arc didn't strike me as her dealing with her past. It struck me more as her indulging in it, knowing it'll just be temporary.
Sep 7, 2017 9:18 PM

May 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The best character of this series did not just die.
Why is everyone dying this season?
At least Kaiki bossed it and actually saved Nadeko though.

Anyway I cried.
A lot.
Especially during that final phone call with Senjougahara, the reveal that she sent the note and that really beautiful quote-

"A woman I know well always treats her current romance as if it's her first. She always looks like she's never fallen in love with someone before. And that's the right way to go. That's how it should be."

Not only do those few sentences sum up Gahara as a whole character, but they also give insight into her and Kaiki's past relationship (if you can call it that). I think they really did have feelings for each other at some point, but like Kaiki said, sometimes love can make a person useless. In that way Nadeko/Araragi parallel Senjougahara/Kaiki to an almost creepy degree. not insinuating that I ship Nadeko and Kaiki though lmao gross

After this arc, the way I'd personally interpret Gahara x Araragi is that their love started as "false" and in being so, it became more real than the real thing ever was (Hanekawa/Araragi & Senjougahara/Kaiki). Weirdly enough, Araragi sort of fits with what Kaiki said about Senjou as well- he denies loving Hanekawa and says he'll never say he does as long as he lives. But it's his constant denial that makes it suspicious, as is the case with Senjougahara.

Also, that '80s style OP makes even more sense with Nadeko wanting to be a Manga-ka.
Hitagi End is hands down, the best and most engaging arc in the entire series which also happens to have the best OP imo.
This is gonna be a hard one to beat; it even outshines Tsubasa Tiger (which was my previous favorite).

But goddammit, Ougi again?!
I've heard some very interesting, spoiler-y things with regards to who she is, but they raise more questions than answers tbh.

It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm sceptical as to whether Kaiki actually died. I mean, if he's dead how could he actually narrate the story from a future perspective at the beginning of the arc?? What if he's lying in an attempt to remove himself from the story??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 1:51 PM

Jan 2017
I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT. MY EYES ARE MESSING WITH ME. THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT KAIKI IS DEAD BECAUSE OF OUGI'S MESSING BUT I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT'S TRUE.

PLEASE DO NOT LET HIM BE DEAD.

The episode was so perfect, i mean, the fact that what Nadeko was hiding in her closet was her dream of becoming a manga artist was just hilarious, then all the effort that Kaiki did to convince her to pursue, to get rid of useless Araragi, everything was perfect.

EVEN THE FACT THAT KAIKI WAS THE ONE TO FINALLY GIVE A PIECE OF WORD TO SELFISH ARARAGI. Like, wtf, since you don't even plan to be with her as a lover, because you love Senjou, yet you still want to have this girl suffering around you while claiming that is for her own good?!

Same with Mayoi, like, instead of thinking, 'yes Mayoi, it's time for you to finally rest and NOT BE A FREAKING ABERRATION and be WITH YOUR MOM IN HEAVEN OR WHATEVER, no, he selfishly decides that she should stay being something that shouldn't exist.

Kaiki was so above everyone here. I DON'T WANNA RIP HIM I DENY IT.

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 12, 2017 6:04 AM

Jun 2016
What the fuck is that ending!?!?! Holy shit. Nooooo, Kaiki! No. Nope. Nope. Fucking nope. I refuse to accept that Kaiki died. Holy shit. What the fuck, maaan. Goddamnit. I'm so mad. Ougi, WYD!?!?!?

Lmfao. Nadeko wants to become a mangaka and she's been hiding her "works" inside her closet and somehow embarrassed by it. Pfffft!

How dare she hurt Kaiki, maaaan!?!?! Someone kill her already. Ohmygod. And, Araragi, do us a favor and stop being nice to her!?! She doesn't deserve your kindness. Ugh.

And after Kaiki saved everyone's lives, he just fucking died. Dude, I'm not okay with this. Where is Shinobu? Can we turn back time and save Kaiki and kill that fucking kid!?!?! Ohmygod.

This finale's so painful. Stop treating me like I'm some kind of a masochist because I'm not! Fuuuuuuuck. KAAAAAIKKIIIIIIIIIIIIII! ;-;

10/10 for this show and thanks for hurting me. Waaaaaah!

P.S. Who exactly are you, Ougi? ;-;
P.P.S. Gaen fucking somehow predicted that something bad's gonna happen to him. I'm not okay.
P.P.P.S. So it was Hitagi who put that letter at his hotel room to like test him.
P.P.P.P.S. RIP KAIKI! I'M STILL IN DENIAL. ;-;
TheDoggoneGirlOct 12, 2017 6:07 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 20, 2017 8:35 PM
May 2016
I doubt kaiki died, remember, he is THE master of deception. He might be playing possum to avoid further damage by the attacker.

Also he was pondering meme's disappearance before being struck, maybe he saves him after.

Great series.
Oct 21, 2017 8:41 AM
Apr 2009
These second season arcs were phenomenal. I enjoyed Bakemonogatari; Nisemonogatari was good despite its... quirks; Kizumonogatari was great. But this is definitely the one where I finally appreciated all the hype. What a superb series.
Nov 29, 2017 4:44 AM

Jun 2016
Great series, but here i want to talk about the reasoning that Kaiki made.

There are no unique, irreplaceable things, humans can always start from zero and find happiness.
He dislikes people who put all of their happiness on a single object/person, risking to suddenly ruin everything and potentially losing the will to live or even wishing for death. I must say i dislike it too, life is precious and you should not hang it on a single, frail wire. What he means is not to like money, but he recommend you to like multiple things, life is full of beautiful, significant matters that are worth your passion and commitment, so go for it, fill yourself with a lot of precious ones, even ambitious goals, and the fire of life shall never extinguish within you.

In a previous episode, he also talk about, i think, living through a bad period.
He advices you to keep going on, yeah a lot of bad things may happen, but sooner or later something good will happen right? He means you must give a lot of value to that, yes this thought is that simple, still totally true, you never know when your life could be turned to a positive angle, and you don't want to give up that chance, do you?

Dec 14, 2017 7:06 AM

Aug 2017
RIP kaiki..kinda liked that guy by the end.

Looks like Ougi is the one pulling the strings.
Jan 3, 2018 4:47 PM

Oct 2017
I was so happy with that calm & bittersweet ending, until that kid clubbed him down. What the hell..

He ruined a lot of peoples lifes and there might have been similar assassination attempts like this. No way he died to this kid.. Hopefully.
Mar 10, 2018 11:13 PM
Mar 2018
Great ending RIP kaiki

I only dont understand why people seems so buttblasted about Koyomi? He does what he usually does nothing more. Gahara is to blame for this a little because if she just told the truth about Kaiki to Koyomi, he wouldnt rush to help Nadeko. (In the end she was the one that told Koyomi that Kaiki was a trully evil person and hide the fact that she asked for his help). Also if Kaiki himself didnt scam those schoolkids with his curses the whole Nadeko fiasco wouldt have happened in the first place.

Its also pretty fucked up that people seem to have no problem with Gahara choosing Kaiki instead of Koyomi but if Koyomi would chose Shinobu instead of Gahara all hell breaks loose
HydroNLMar 10, 2018 11:18 PM
Apr 30, 2018 11:45 AM

Dec 2017
that last bit was a surprise..
PURE RAGE*
Apr 30, 2018 8:53 PM

Dec 2016
Kaiki may be the greatest being of all time, across all plains of reality and across every multiverse in existence
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 18, 2018 6:22 PM

Jul 2013
Poor Kaiki, being best girl is suffering indeed
Aug 26, 2018 9:46 PM

May 2017
seems like im the only person in this forum that was not that big of a fan of this last arc..

really enjoyed the monogatari series second season, it had a variety of characters and interesting stories. I was able to immerse myself into the story. The only problem i had with this season was the last arc. Same reason why i didnt enjoy hanamonogatari.. it was solely based on very well written dialouge with human emotions. The concept of that last arc was totally fine, senjougahara seeking out for desperate help to kaiki the conman.. the plan is to deceive the deity sengoku into thinking that araragi and senjougahara died in a traffic accident.. that sounds good and it was good for the most part but it dragged on to long. It was twice as long as most of the other arcs and the ending was very anticlimactic. It didn't feel like a season ending arc for me.

8/10, i would give it a 7 because of that last arc but, that wouldn't make much sense, i enjoyed the previous arcs way too much. I also enjoyed this way more than Bakemonogatari which i gave a 7 so that wouldn't make much sense.
shayed__Aug 27, 2018 10:13 PM
Sep 12, 2018 9:23 AM

May 2018
WOW, what a perfect episode! This twist plot at the end was so shocking ... Kaikiii !!!!!!!! :'(. Fuck you, Ougi.

10/10, a real masterpiece...
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Apr 25, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.