Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2015 9:16 PM

Jan 2014
Viteracf said:
For me, Nisemonogatari is the best season so far.

I didn't like (how, the way) the end of Nadeko's arc... How can I say? It was kinda disappointing...
I mean, It seemed that it would be something "bigger" than it was....
thats Nisio Isin for you...And the word you are looking for is "Anticlimactic" which he does in his every novel...And it IS bigger than it is,it is just a way to show Ougi's influence over the town and people...
Jan 9, 2015 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
Viteracf said:

o_O
Jan 9, 2015 3:34 PM

Jan 2013
wtf

I didn't like that
Kaiki being ambushed

Fuck metacharacters like Ougi.
Jan 15, 2015 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
Viteracf said:

o_O

Wow.. You didn't liked it..?
Jan 15, 2015 11:46 AM

Dec 2012
Viteracf said:
tsudecimo said:

o_O

I thought it was the weakest one.

I have it as 7/10, my lowest score for anything Monogatari.
Jan 15, 2015 4:26 PM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
Viteracf said:

I thought it was the weakest one.

I have it as 7/10, my lowest score for anything Monogatari.

Hm... I see.. I guess people have different points of view and opinions...
Jan 16, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOO, Kaiki ;_; I most certainly didn't expect this, wtf. I don't want to believe he is dead, but... he probably is. Damn it.

Anyways 10/10 for this series, it's a masterpiece.
Jan 19, 2015 7:52 PM

Jan 2015
robis798 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOO, Kaiki ;_; I most certainly didn't expect this, wtf. I don't want to believe he is dead, but... he probably is. Damn it.

Anyways 10/10 for this series, it's a masterpiece.

Agreed 10/10.
However, Kaiki isn't probably dead, since in Hanamonogatari he is revealed to be speaking to Kanbaru? after they graduate from high school, so he's still alive. I think.

Unless we got a fast one pulled on us.
hi

ayy lmao
Jan 25, 2015 10:32 PM

Jun 2012
A lot of things go over my head, so I cant help but feel somewhat unsatisfied due to my own inabilities. Though I still loved this.
Feb 16, 2015 2:00 AM

May 2010
WTH!! Who the f was that kid?!! Just when I'm starting to like Kaiki he had to die just like that? I learned a lot of life lessons from Kaiki :D. Now he won't appear in the next seasons because that sheet kid killed him Dx

Turn out he's immortal (I wish)
Minori said:
*bawling* I'll never get married w/ a body like this! What'll I do?
Kousaka said:
Married? It looks like you're already pregnant.
Feb 23, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2013
I didn't even like Kaiki before this arc, and now he's (supposedly) dead?
Damn... :(
Feb 28, 2015 1:32 AM
Feb 2015
is it only me who hated this Kaiki character?

the moment i saw the OP song for Koimonogatari at episode 21, i quickly jumped to the finale and see how it ended. I was very happy to see Kaiki character dead. I was really looking forward for some development for Koyomi and Hitagi, but there was none. This was such a huge disappointment, more disappointing than the endless eight IMO.
Feb 28, 2015 1:43 AM

Jan 2014
kevs926 said:

the moment i saw the OP song for Koimonogatari at episode 21, i quickly jumped to the finale and see how it ended. I was very happy to see Kaiki character dead. I was really looking forward for some development for Koyomi and Hitagi, but there was none. This was such a huge disappointment, more disappointing than the endless eight IMO.
wow,talk about prejudice...
Feb 28, 2015 2:56 AM
Feb 2015
i did watch the whole thing, and it always feel like Hitagi was being NTRed

i actually lost interest in the monogatari series after this. Just saying my honest thoughts.
Feb 28, 2015 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
kevs926 said:
i did watch the whole thing, and it always feel like Hitagi was being NTRed

i actually lost interest in the monogatari series after this. Just saying my honest thoughts.
MC kiss/flirt/sex.harrass 10 girls=Meh
girl asks help from an old case for sake of her bf/talks with that guy=NTR,OMG i wont watch it

LOGIC
Feb 28, 2015 7:32 AM

Sep 2011
loneywizard said:
MC kiss/flirt/sex.harrass 10 girls=Meh
girl asks help from an old case for sake of her bf/talks with that guy=NTR,OMG i wont watch it

LOGIC

Sad but true. It's funny because I actually like Senjougahara and Araragi (both as characters and as a couple), yet the amount of double standard I've seen from people reacting to this arc has been nothing short of ridiculous.

kevs926 said:

Well it's no wonder you had such a reaction, you essentially jumped to conclusions and skimmed through the entire arc all because Senjougahara was getting "NTRed". Which is kind of funny because it couldn't be farther from the truth considering how everything turned out with how Kaiki was pretty aversive towards Senjougahara and in the end, she even wanted him out of the town despite her past feelings of admiration towards him.

Because god forbid a woman can't have any sense of agency in her conduct, just so she can maintain her image as the precious waifu of her boyfriend, right? The same boyfriend that lusts after lolis and his own little sisters might I add. The fact that this arc finally developed one of the most interesting characters to come from this show instantly makes it one of the biggest highlights of the season.

Also, sorry-not-sorry to disappoint you but....
ronriFeb 28, 2015 7:49 AM
Mar 14, 2015 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that ended in an excellent TV series, narrative that does not go unnoticed, with deep thoughts and reasonings spinning smooth as silk, but last but not least, there is also an ending that leaves you speechless.
Wow!
The wonder is not only given by the turn of events, but also as the authors succeed in giving full answers and many other questions at the same time proposing without a clear answer.
Drawings and animations of a good standard, I can not wait to follow the next chapter of the saga.
Anyway i saw few, if any epic moments, my rating is 7.5 / 10!
Mar 20, 2015 8:40 AM
Nov 2014
That ending tho.
Mar 21, 2015 1:37 PM

May 2014
A great ending to a great anime!

The Monogatari Series becomes better and better. I usually don't like this tipe of plot (split into more arcs with not a strong relation between them) and yet I really enjoyed this series up to now.

The fact that the characters are totally amazing and very lovable goes without saying. I couldn't hate Nadeko nor Kaiki. And I really think we will see him in the future.. I wonder though how Nadeko will be presented after all of this.

2 more seasons to go.
Mar 30, 2015 9:55 PM

May 2014
Wow.

You know, it was at the start of this episode I thought to myself, "You know what, I've come to appreciate Kaiki. He is an extremely in depth character. I would be sad if he died."

And seconds after that thought, "He's going to die at the end of this, isn't he?"

Yet still, as it happened, I fell completely silent and didn't say or think a word.

Really good series. The first two arcs were okay, but it was really the 3rd, 4th, and 5th arc that escalated incredibly. I'd think of giving it a 9, but I can't. It is, with out a doubt, a 10 out of 10.
Apr 6, 2015 11:38 PM
May 2011
Shit poor Kaiki... he was actually a good guy, and then he got owned. Sort of like Snape from Harry Potter.
Apr 9, 2015 7:29 AM

Jul 2011
Great series, absolutely loved this last arc and Kaiki has really grown on me. Always thought the whole "the meaning of life is to be happy" thing was very logical, but Kaiki's theory is intriguing as well (the meaning of life is to do waht you want to do). Will be watching hanamonogatari soon. Feel like I need to go back and watch baka and nise as well damn my memory is failing me on those series haha. but easily a 9/10 a few dull moments in the series for me stop it from being 10/10.
May 23, 2015 8:58 AM

Apr 2015
I hated the fact that Kaiki died, he was a great character . I had one of the best views and was extremely intelligent .
Jun 13, 2015 10:49 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Out of all monogatari series so far. Like this one the most 10/10 . Now only Hana- and Tsukimonogatari to watch.

On a side note... I kinda understand Kaiki's views.. yet at the same time would hate to live like that.

This is good comparison for real lfie in these days. Money can get anything nowadays....items, dreams, people, lives.. He was also right that love can either make a person stronger or useless.. well latter in my case. Anyhow.. he was also right that everything is replaceable and hates everything that is irreplaceable. But that's kinda sums up todays people.. lack of morals and principles has made us material.. all we do to achieve what we want.. the constant deception, lie.. using people. Making relationships replaceable.. where relations just are shallow and don't last long.. or just people lust for sexual satisfaction.. Indeed.. Kaiki thinking wise kinda sums up today's people. (ofc Kaiki is more worth tho.. as he still has principles while IRL have regressed into animals and just shallow and rotten) ....thou.. I rather keep suffering... live short life.love one sided..fail my dreams.. and just be me than become the majority. Suffering, morals, principles is something that makes human truly human.. rather than rotten shit that roams in millions in this world.

That's why I can't really hate Kaiki.. as I understand that sort of views.... thou I think Senjougahara's first love was indeed Kaiki.. but it was probably mutual.. at least it felt so.
Jul 5, 2015 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
I personally loved this part of the series more than the first part. It was just so much more emotional and interesting with most of the staff getting more added to them. I didn't like Kaiki from Nisemonogatari, but the last arc here really made up for that and made me like him quite a lot, definitely one of my favorites from this show now. Also Shinobu and Senjougahara getting more and more likeable as this show progresses is pretty good. I hate Nadeko, but can't really blame her considering everything she have had to live with.

9/10 I would probably have given it a 10/10 if it wasn't because I don't really like the art this show use. I wonder whether Kaiki died though, I hope he didn't.
Jul 11, 2015 6:31 AM

Feb 2015
I hated Kaiki for ratting out Tsukihi, but now i can only be amazed by his generosity.
He's actually a pretty good guy with those he starts to care about, he helped Tsundere-chan, Yandere-chan and he cares for Kanbaru ..what more to say ..hat off for the guy .
Hope he lives a long life.
Jul 15, 2015 8:42 PM

Nov 2014
Well shit Poor Kaiki
Hi there
Jul 19, 2015 9:56 PM

Dec 2013
Kaiki top 5.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Aug 5, 2015 4:39 PM

Jul 2010
This arc was gold. Every second was perfect.
I liked it better than any arc in any season that came before.

I think I was getting terribly tired of Araragi's continual, morally boring pursuit of justice. It was too much. And then, when Kaiki took over...damn, it was like a breath of fresh air. His conversations with Senjyogahara were just incredible. Araragi never even talks to her anymore, so this arc finally had her wit back in action. The airport cafe scene will always be continually hilarious.

And then, my favorite character in the Monogatari series -- my adorable little Nadeko-chan. I love how she went crazy. I love everything that happened to her. I'm glad she knew Kaiki was deceiving her. Yeah, she gave up her godliness pretty easily, but I still think it was a great development. For her to finally express that inner world inside through manga. "Nadeko dayo~" will also be the cutest catchphrase of any yandere in history. <3

In short, I loved this arc. I can't say that of the rest of the series. Tsubasa Tiger was great because of HanekawaXSenjyogahara interactions, as well as her finally coming to terms with herself. Mayoi Jiangshi was interesting for the time-travel and how it paralleled the events of the previous arc. Shinobu Time was really a let-down, though. The flashbacks were gratingly uninteresting. And the whole arc simply felt unfinished. And then, the perfection that is Hitagi End.

To be honest, I just really hate Shinobu and how she randomly barrels in the story to become the closest female to Araragi. Her character is over-done, like a contrived version of Holo. She ruined the relationship between Araragi and Senjyogahara, which used to be the highlight of the show. Ironically, now, the highlight became the relationship between Kaiki and Senjyogahara. But he's dead.

Ougi is still creepy as hell. So, she works for Gaen...? We just don't know.
Not looking forward to watching Hanamonogatari. Not fond of Kanbaru.
I'll probably rewatch Nadeko Medusa and Hitagi End a few times before I get to it, lol. Anyways, I think this season was the strongest follow-up to Bakemonogatari. It still can't match it artistically. But character-wise, I say it almost surpasses it and definitely matches it. So, 8/10.
Aug 5, 2015 11:36 PM

Sep 2011
fishergirl16 said:
Not looking forward to watching Hanamonogatari. Not fond of Kanbaru.
I'll probably rewatch Nadeko Medusa and Hitagi End a few times before I get to it, lol. Anyways, I think this season was the strongest follow-up to Bakemonogatari. It still can't match it artistically. But character-wise, I say it almost surpasses it and definitely matches it. So, 8/10.

You should seriously check out Hanamonogatari. Not only is it one of the better arcs and chronologically the last story in the entire Monogatari timeline, but it also follows up on what happened to Kaiki...
Aug 16, 2015 9:30 AM
Jan 2014
Tfw you find your favourite character in the series and he dies in the last scene like that.
Seriously Kaiki made that whole arc for me. I wasn't expecting him to die like that in the middle of nowhere, since at this point practically everything was resolved in the arc and his follower wasn't this kid either. And except for being just a shocker, I don't see how his death serves any other purpose. It was a victim of Kaiki who did this so I can't really bash the kid either but Kaiki was such a good person on the inside and maybe it's just me but he deserved something better than this. Because this is sad.
Aug 16, 2015 5:14 PM

Oct 2009
LitzSabr said:
Tfw you find your favourite character in the series and he dies in the last scene like that.
Seriously Kaiki made that whole arc for me. I wasn't expecting him to die like that in the middle of nowhere, since at this point practically everything was resolved in the arc and his follower wasn't this kid either. And except for being just a shocker, I don't see how his death serves any other purpose. It was a victim of Kaiki who did this so I can't really bash the kid either but Kaiki was such a good person on the inside and maybe it's just me but he deserved something better than this. Because this is sad.

Watch Hanamonogatari.
Aug 18, 2015 2:10 PM

Feb 2015
I think the one that killed Kaiki was the kid who gave Sengoku the original snake thing. Because it ended with 'won't it just go back to the one who gave it to her' and they agreed it would but didn't do anything about it. So now this kid holds this huge grudge against Kaiki and decides to kill him, maybe? Dissapointed that he died but I am happy with how it was solved and hope we can see Nadeko after all this went down. Oh and I need to know more about Oshino's involvement and Oshino Ougi so much is still unanswered. Guess that's what the final season is for...
Aug 20, 2015 3:04 AM

Jan 2012
What a disappointing ending, then again I was stupidly expecting Koyomi and Shinobu to fight Nadeko like in the preview at the end of her arc. God I'm an idiot sometimes, in what universe would something that awesome happen? Not this one apparently.
Aug 20, 2015 3:43 AM

Jan 2014
Ozzy-Otaku said:
What a disappointing ending, then again I was stupidly expecting Koyomi and Shinobu to fight Nadeko like in the preview at the end of her arc. God I'm an idiot sometimes, in what universe would something that awesome happen? Not this one apparently.
Someone doesnt know Nısıo Isin Style i see :D

Lol
Aug 20, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2011
Ozzy-Otaku said:

Kaiki confronting Nadeko > Araragi/Shinobu fighting Nadeko
Aug 20, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
ronri said:
Ozzy-Otaku said:

Kaiki confronting Nadeko > Araragi/Shinobu fighting Nadeko
Also there are tons of shounen anime he can watch for that kind of fight
Aug 25, 2015 12:03 AM
Feb 2015
I love the monogatari series. I'm so glad I decide to marathon this series. Off to Hanamonogatari I go. 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2015 8:02 PM

Jul 2014
Goddamn it, they killed off the only character I actually liked.

Anyway, in my opinion, this season was about as boring as the other seasons.

2/5 for the episode, 3/10 for the season.
D-ohnutsJan 14, 2016 1:10 PM
Aug 29, 2015 5:40 AM

Jun 2014
Cat bitch Arc was good the rest were meh. 3/10
Sep 5, 2015 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
Well after watching the monogatari series up to this point, i think Kaiki is the best character atm.
That bloody ending though. Wth.
But still hoping for the Hanekawa Tsubasa end. (Even though that's a lost cause now. XD)
Sep 6, 2015 1:18 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
That was the best arc since Bakemonogatari.
Sep 13, 2015 12:49 AM

Nov 2007
Nuu Kaiki! He was the only guy that could backtalk Hitagi. D:
Oct 4, 2015 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
RIP. Kaiki

Oct 4, 2015 5:12 PM

Sep 2014
There is nothing that is irreplaceable. If you wish, you can back out and do anything else. Because you are a human being. And humans can try anything they wish. Ep 26.

Plot: Nadeko knew he was lying. Because she never trusted him in the first place. Kaiki had miscalculated on how in deep she was in her delusion. However he harkens back on the talk about wishes and the sanctity of keeping quiet so that they don't fade away. And he tells her that she wishes to be a mangaka. Kaiki tells her that she can be happy as long as she doesn't get caught up in "irreplaceable" things like romance and such. She can go a different path and she does.

But...well let's just say that things move in the back and weirdly karma does happen.

Character: Nadeko wanted to be a mangaka. Well that explains her ability to conjure such a great fantasy upon herself.

Kaiki's monologue on love and such can make a person strong or make them useless is something that has happened before and now in media. Like how a love interest can be stuck as a "love interest" but never be a character. And conversely the reverse can happen. It all depends on who you meet. What that person can pull out of you or pile upon you.

Animation/sound: The mountain of snakes was terrifying but it was friggin hilarious seeing Nadeko panic and start kicking Kaiki's butt.

5/5. A great but bittersweet conclusion. And so the second season ends. Shame you gotta take it with a grain of salt.

PS:Those that were expecting a fist fight, please refer back to the whole of the Bakemonogatari Season 1 and Nisemonogatari.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 7, 2015 8:45 AM

Jun 2015
Barnald said:
That was the best arc since Bakemonogatari.
Aarronin said:
There is nothing that is irreplaceable. If you wish, you can back out and do anything else. Because you are a human being. And humans can try anything they wish. Ep 26.

Plot: Nadeko knew he was lying. Because she never trusted him in the first place. Kaiki had miscalculated on how in deep she was in her delusion. However he harkens back on the talk about wishes and the sanctity of keeping quiet so that they don't fade away. And he tells her that she wishes to be a mangaka. Kaiki tells her that she can be happy as long as she doesn't get caught up in "irreplaceable" things like romance and such. She can go a different path and she does.

But...well let's just say that things move in the back and weirdly karma does happen.

Character: Nadeko wanted to be a mangaka. Well that explains her ability to conjure such a great fantasy upon herself.

Kaiki's monologue on love and such can make a person strong or make them useless is something that has happened before and now in media. Like how a love interest can be stuck as a "love interest" but never be a character. And conversely the reverse can happen. It all depends on who you meet. What that person can pull out of you or pile upon you.

Animation/sound: The mountain of snakes was terrifying but it was friggin hilarious seeing Nadeko panic and start kicking Kaiki's butt.

5/5. A great but bittersweet conclusion. And so the second season ends. Shame you gotta take it with a grain of salt.

PS:Those that were expecting a fist fight, please refer back to the whole of the Bakemonogatari Season 1 and Nisemonogatari.

What I wanted to say.
Oct 17, 2015 3:18 PM
Dec 2012
Oct 18, 2015 7:52 AM

Jan 2015
Holy shit Kaiki really died :X After he saved Sengoku i really though that he was going to live and then that kid...

Also seems that Ougi is the real last boss i should resist starting Owarimonigatari until it's finished i really have to!
Oct 23, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2014
Good endings yet so sad.

#1 Hachikuji :( Requescat in pace (RIP)
#2 Bye Sengoku I will see u again in death :(
Dec 7, 2015 5:53 PM

Oct 2012
But of course, it's like Hanekawa said, she actually believes noone and despise everyone. She was basically lying and

pretending all the time (Suruga's words about the final boss and that smirk on Nadeko's face in Nisemonogatari when

Koyomi visited her now make all sense). And the original Nadeko personality was hating this mischievous side of her. But even mischievous people have their dreams.

I wonder if Kaiki talking about Senjougahara when he was mentioning that woman he knew (maybe first time he was talking about Gaen)? But of course it was them and he was in relationship with both. And it was him who made Gahara useless while Koyomi made her strong as he metioned in the end (in fact, he also knew she still loves him and that's why he was leaving). Though Ougi being main perpetrator was very obvious from the start, it's definitely something for the future.

Oh, and 'mangaka', lol, how unexpected, it really surprised me :D

This episode felt like battle of two masterminds and I'm glad Kaiki had his will. I loved how he broked through

her shell. In fact he was evidently planning everything from the start when he told her that "true wish is something you never tell anyone", that was pretty clever of him.

He knew her pretty well. Maybe too well. Which makes me belive he was also talking about himself all along. Cause his dream is certainly doing good deeds, no matter the odds.

And it was funny how he deceived Araragi in the end, exactly following his rules and using 'aberrations' to make him believe. Everyone calls it by different name, right? :) It kinda makes you remember those parts with Karen to realize he is doing it for her own good too. And he was right that Araragi couldn't do anything for her when he is choosing different girl, it's just something Koyomi had to realize. In the end he decieved even Senjougahara into thinking he is doing everything for her. Or was this other way around, was he decieved by those women? Who knows...

"I'll never use something like this again." What an obvious flag, Araragi :)

But the END! I really didn't expected THAT. I kinda feel for him but at the same time it was very fitting and ironic end of this story.
10/10 for this episode, 9/10 this arc.

One thing that bothers me though is the fact that he said he'll see Araragi again in the end. And he had kinda pointy teeth.

Anyway, 8/10 for whole season (some arcs were bit weaker but I really like how they managed to tie everything together)
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Yesterday, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.