Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2016 8:10 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, so Gajeel's really gone huh? And such a tearful goodbye too. Poor Levy. :( Can't help but think he'll be back eventually though, either a few chapters from now or a few dozen, but we'll see. Meanwhile Irene and Acnologia are about to clash, and Mest my man, you done screwed up big time. It may have been for the guild, but manipulating Brandish to attack August like that was low. You really kicked the hornet's nest there, and August looks pissed! Okay Mashima-sensei, let's see what all that hype finally amounts to! XD
Jun 6, 2016 2:03 AM

Oct 2014
R.I.P Gajeel

Natsu ain't gonna take that news too well, so I'm sure it's plot related, given that the countdown of the chapter names will reach 1 next week. E.N.D possibly coming soon.

Dat August form though.

I was starting to like Mest again but after this stunt, yeah no. Brandish is a good character and Mashima has written her well. Despite hanging around with Fairy Tail and being stuck in their guild for a while, she's not been swayed to join them or team up. Yet.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jun 6, 2016 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Gajeel....

I suppose Mest planned quite ahead including with the instructions planted on Brandish. Then again, this could be a bad idea now.
Jun 6, 2016 2:29 AM

Dec 2012
God damn it Gajeel really is gone. Such a tearful goodbye to Levy & Lily.
He was really thinking about a future with her.

Aconologia vs Irene. Seems like he doesn't even care about fighting her.

The negotiations were going so well & Mest screws it up. How could he do that to Brandish.

August is pissed. Now to see what kind of magic he has.

Universe One.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 6, 2016 2:34 AM

Jan 2009
i still think Gajeel will be back again

and look Eileen vs Acnologia will begin

and Natsu and the gang vs August will begin too
Jun 6, 2016 2:36 AM

Aug 2010
The GajeelxLevy panels were heartbreaking. The crying face of Gajeel spread was amazing. Levy's family image and the panel with her hugging Gajeel were cute. Really sweet but sad moment. Ofc he's not dead tho :P

Acnologia vs Irene might prove interesting...

Melk done f'd up. Poor Brandish. Her "Grandpa" was cute
Jun 6, 2016 2:37 AM

May 2012
Whoosh, and Mest goes near the top of the list of shitty characters in just a single chapter. Really didn't think he'd be that stupid

So...Gajeel actually "died" for now? To be honest, I can't seem him being gone forever, but the last conversation between him, Levy and Lily was heart-wrenching.

Still wanna see Irene's power x_x

Jun 6, 2016 2:37 AM

Aug 2011
Oh, he really mest things up
Jun 6, 2016 2:38 AM
Jun 6, 2016 2:38 AM

May 2012
Ryuma00 said:

You just had to, huh lool

Jun 6, 2016 2:57 AM

May 2015
Ryuma00 said:

I see what you did there.

Don't worry guys, Gajeel will come back one way or another.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 6, 2016 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
Ryuma00 said:

This... this is just brilliant
Jun 6, 2016 3:06 AM
Apr 2015
I still cry.
I hope Gajeel will come back tho.
Talking about a future with Levy and THEN die. He cant do that to his little shrimp ;(
Jun 6, 2016 3:07 AM

Aug 2012
Fairy Feels this week also Mest you done fucked up now.
Jun 6, 2016 3:07 AM

Jan 2016
Wow Mest, just... wow
You had one job and that was to do nothing, just stand there
Jun 6, 2016 3:08 AM

Jun 2013
The part with Gajeel, Levy and Lily was so sad... And as I said before Mest's plan was stupid, he fucked up, August was thinking about what Brandish said. So unless Mest is posessed by something (someone said it to me, so credit to them), it's a stupid plan.
Jun 6, 2016 3:17 AM

Feb 2010
wtf Mest. I actually quite liked him before but now he's just... nope. August was actually gonna listen too. Ugh. Did August realise something about Natsu there?

The Gajeel parts were really upsetting, this and Taizai have left me feeling pretty upset right now lol.
Jun 6, 2016 3:17 AM

Sep 2013
I won't believe Gajeel is dead until I see a corpse. I'm sure he will some how be alive again. That's what I thought when a certain someone dies in Rave Master and comes back in dumb way. Regardless, that whole scene with Gajeel and Levy was heart breaking none the less.

That Acnologia and Irene scene.

Mest is a piece of shit and all those Mest x Wendy shippers should be ashamed. Though I doubt August would've declined their cease fire against each other after negotiating, he just made Brandish do something REALLY stupid. So that could case Brandish to not take part of the fight, or actually battle against Fairy Tail again. Who knows though.

Finally, August is fighting. It's been a year of hyping his ass. Let's hope it doesn't last 2 chapters. Here's hoping August kills Mest. Why not kill the most hated Fairy Tail member? No one would feel sad and I might throw a party if he does.

Acnologia vs Irene
August vs Natsu

My body is not ready.

Jun 6, 2016 3:24 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Gajeel. ;w;

and now there is only 6. Acnologia better make light work of Irene. People can hype up the fight but Acnologia is meant to be on a whole nother level

Mest is a god damn retard. But no worries as Natsu will kick his ass or what I really hope is Gildarts finally shows.
Jun 6, 2016 3:25 AM

Oct 2014
TAKE NOTE OF THIS PART.

August is clearly aware that something is off with Natsu. With Zeref shooting through the book of E.N.D and the past several chapters being a count down, I think it's probable that E.N.D is coming next chapter.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Apr 2016
Finally a good chapter:D, 4/5 chapter, would have been a 5/5 chapter if Irene didn't really confront Acnologia or if Acnologia had one shotted her like Serena; August who is stronger than her couldn't do jack shit to Acnologia, if he doesn't one for her that's BS IMO

Erza version 2 needs to get wrecked ASAP to not destroy Acnologia hype, please get one shotted and go away
Oct 2013
Ravemaster did it! Ravemaster did it!
Nice try Hiro Mashima, but I didn´t believe you when you delivered 1:1 the same storyline with Musica 14 years ago.

Or when Gray died. Or when Erza died during Tower of heaven to kill off Jellal to bring him back.

Kudos for the romantic development 4/5 for Fairy Tail standards.
Jun 6, 2016 3:27 AM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
Ravemaster did it! Ravemaster did it!
Nice try Hiro Mashima, but I didn´t believe you when you delivered 1:1 the same storyline with Musica 14 years ago.

Or when Gray died. Or when Erza died during Tower of heaven to kill off Jellal to bring him back.

Kudos for the romantic development 4/5 for Fairy Tail standards.
He can still come back by some BS/asspull, but if not it's a 4/5 chapter. Still wish it was Levi who died, gajeel was way better character. Now need juvia to die ASAP to free gray
Jun 6, 2016 3:28 AM
Jan 2013
Is there a place anyone can recommend me to see interesting response from this chapter?

Ryuma00 said:

You really have to do this, you really have to, right...?

Mest, good grief Mest! you think you can kill him just like that in the first place?
dex_dashJun 6, 2016 4:31 PM
Jun 6, 2016 3:31 AM
Apr 2016
dex_dash said:
Is there a place anyone I can recommend to see interesting response from this chapter?

Ryuma00 said:

You really have to do this, you really have to, right...?

Mest, good grief Mest! you think you can kill him just like that in the first place?

At least he tried, his hax is OP is used properly; mind controlled all ft members,even gildarts
Jun 6, 2016 3:31 AM

Apr 2010
There is no way Gajeel will end this way, seriously.

Stabbing (one of) the biggest mage(s) alive, with a sword..... not a good idea xD
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Jun 6, 2016 3:32 AM
Sep 2014
Female readers cried to the melodramatic bullshit in this chapter lol
Jun 6, 2016 3:34 AM
Apr 2016
Aiyen said:
Female readers cried to the melodramatic bullshit in this chapter lol

Lol ikr, now we need juvia to die xD; she was always a trash character. Still wish it was Levi who died, gajeel was a much better character
Jun 6, 2016 3:34 AM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

He can still come back by some BS/asspull, but if not it's a 4/5 chapter. Still wish it was Levi who died, gajeel was way better character. Now need juvia to die ASAP to free gray

You do realize that this is Fairy Tail?´
You know no one from the Main cast dies in this series, it´s the same as it´s with One Piece. No Main character will ever die in both series.

No Strawhat will ever die and no guildmember will ever die if it´s not in some flashback. The exception maybe Makarov and that´s a stretch at this point.

Fuck it, I call it, because I can. Simon for next Fairy Tail guildmaster!
Jun 6, 2016 3:35 AM

Jul 2012
Did i click wrong manga? Was power of friendship on cooldown? And yep it was sad, but i still don't believe that he is dead.
Was Mest always so unstable, he is very loyal to the guild as his council story showed but didn't think that he is so crazy (or should i also add "mest up" =/)
allenjkeJun 6, 2016 3:41 AM
Jun 6, 2016 3:40 AM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
frostmourn said:

You do realize that this is Fairy Tail?´
You know no one from the Main cast dies in this series, it´s the same as it´s with One Piece. No Main character will ever die in both series.

No Strawhat will ever die and no guildmember will ever die if it´s not in some flashback. The exception maybe Makarov and that´s a stretch at this point.

The same thing happened in rave, which is why I have hope that this death will stay.

Juvia is not a MC, gajeel was more important plot vise and screen time vise; moreover juvia death would post grey to get even stronger which would be awesome IMO
Jun 6, 2016 3:44 AM

Dec 2008
"When it comes to men, I aim to please."
;___; You sloot!! </3
Wonderful chapter though. The whole Gajeel/Levy/Lily scene was fantastic.
Props to Mest for ruining any chance of a negotiation with August, no matter how small. Dumbass.
Jun 6, 2016 3:46 AM
Nov 2015
SKP138 said:
I won't believe Gajeel is dead until I see a corpse. I'm sure he will some how be alive again. That's what I thought when a certain someone dies in Rave Master and comes back in dumb way. Regardless, that whole scene with Gajeel and Levy was heart breaking none the less.

Except that we can't see a body because Gajeel's body broke down into particles.

5/5 out of this chapter :D.
Jun 6, 2016 3:50 AM

Sep 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:
SKP138 said:

Except that we can't see a body because Gajeel's body broke down into particles.

That's why I said I don't believe he is actually dead. Unless there is a body out there that isn't breathing and moving anymore, I don't believe he's actually dead. He's probably still alive somehow knowing how Hiro works.

Jun 6, 2016 3:53 AM
Apr 2016
SKP138 said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

That's why I said I don't believe he is actually dead. Unless there is a body out there that isn't breathing and moving anymore, I don't believe he's actually dead. He's probably still alive somehow knowing how Hiro works.

Reina's body want shown either, either way I'm just hoping he stays dead even though he is one of my favourites
Jun 6, 2016 3:56 AM

Sep 2013
frostmourn said:
SKP138 said:

Reina's body want shown either, either way I'm just hoping he stays dead even though he is one of my favourites

Well you got me there but she wasn't really a major character to begin with. Also Gajeel still has no idea that he's from the past, he simply can't die without knowing that.

Jun 6, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2014
Is this real? To be honest, I was so confused that it actually looked like a real death scene. Idk if Mashima is gonna pull something to bring back Gajeel but whatever. And... Wow Mest is an idiot. But at least we're gonna see August in action.
[center][/center]
Jun 6, 2016 4:00 AM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

The same thing happened in rave, which is why I have hope that this death will stay.

Juvia is not a MC, gajeel was more important plot vise and screen time vise; moreover juvia death would post grey to get even stronger which would be awesome IMO

I pulled the volume out.
Quote Hiro Mashima:
I like Reina that´s why this ending was hard for me to write. When I showed my draft to the Editor, he replied: "But in reality Reina is still alive , right?"
Sadly not this was actually her ending.

Howeverr.

Gajeels "death"

Now just think a little and combine 1+1 and you have your answer.
Jun 6, 2016 4:01 AM
Nov 2015
SKP138 said:
frostmourn said:

Well you got me there but she wasn't really a major character to begin with. Also Gajeel still has no idea that he's from the past, he simply can't die without knowing that.

So wasn't Gajeel. He was an important side character, not a main/major character. But anyways, let's see :).
Jun 6, 2016 4:01 AM
Apr 2016
SKP138 said:
frostmourn said:

She was as major as gajeel or at least Jellal. I don't think Gajeel will due either but I hope he dies.

Reina's death was sadder IMO
Jun 6, 2016 4:06 AM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
frostmourn said:

I pulled the volume out.
Quote Hiro Mashima:
I like Reina that´s why this ending was hard for me to write. When I showed my draft to the Editor, he replied: "But in reality Reina is still alive , right?"
Sadly not this was actually her ending.

Howeverr.

Gajeels "death"

Now just think a little and combine 1+1 and you have your answer.

So you're saying he might still be alive cause of the similarity with 2nd death? Fair enough, but the panels with future was kind of similar to Reina's, future which she imagined but never happened.

But it might be the 2nd one as well, but really hope he stays dead
Jun 6, 2016 4:13 AM
Mar 2015
Levvy is a former background chracter acceneded due to her intreste in a fake main character, gajeel was never a member of team natus so he was expendable

Gray,erza might have plot armor, and jellal association with erza give him as well
Makarov still has some story left, he needs to make up with his son before he dies so he aint going anywhere yet

Gajeel has been developed over time so this is fitting for him. With one less character gone we focus on some we havent, like juvia, who is nevt by the way

Brandish also needs to die, fairy tail cant have a powerful ally like that, but i dont think mest will be forgiven so i dont knw what to do about that, honestly this negotiation crap was gonna piss me off, if Brandish was gonna betray her home state then she cant be trusted
Jun 6, 2016 4:14 AM

Jun 2013
Okay, I'm just gonna say it, there's a 50/50 chance for Gajeel to come back, or not. If he does, people shouldn't be surprised, and not because this is Fairy Tail, and people don't die, or it's a shonen and the important characters must come back (NNT did something similar today, which for me it's meh...). But because he was sucked in somewhere, maybe his molecules shrinked, or something similar (kinda like how Deadpool was brought back from that state, of course different powers, but it's a example). Or he can remain dead, gotta say he's probably one of Fairy Tail's best written character.
Jun 6, 2016 4:18 AM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

So you're saying he might still be alive cause of the similarity with 2nd death? Fair enough, but the panels with future was kind of similar to Reina's, future which she imagined but never happened.

But it might be the 2nd one as well, but really hope he stays dead

Not because it´s similar but because it´s a 1:1 retelling and the whole Tenrou Island group has plot armor.

Plot armor:

Not important enough:

Jun 6, 2016 4:22 AM
Sep 2015
They made August, The king of all magic, the strongest among the twelve, mad lol.
Jun 6, 2016 4:24 AM
Sep 2015
cloud8100 said:
wtf Mest. I actually quite liked him before but now he's just... nope. August was actually gonna listen too. Ugh. Did August realise something about Natsu there?

The Gajeel parts were really upsetting, this and Taizai have left me feeling pretty upset right now lol.

there's a chance that it can also be lucy. IDK i have the hunch for that. But It was focused on Natsu so yeah.
Jun 6, 2016 4:41 AM
Sep 2012
Gajeel is gone, granted there is a loop hole he is not dead, he is sucked into another dimension never to return, which means he can come back, and dam it he better come back, Hiro this was suppose to be a happier version of Rave Master, so make it so. Over or under Gajeel comes back in chapter 490.

Still emotionally to see Levy and Lily like that, they are out of the fight, but don't despair, if Byakura can come back, than so can Gajeel.

Irene vs Achnologia in coming, I wonder if they do have a past, I still think Achnologia played some role in Irene and Erza's separation, I guess we will find out.

I thought someone in Fairy Tail would do something stupid to destroy any hopes of negociation with August, I just didn't think it would be Mest, though I did think the grandpa thing with Brandish was so adorable, but dam it Mest, I guess you can take the man out of the duchbag council, but you can't fully take out the duchbac council out of the man, that was just a short sighted duchbag magic council thing to do, and all it did was pissed off August, what was he thinking, did he think that would kill August, giving last chapter he knew the difference in strength. And I hope Brandish doesn't turn on us because of this, I mean who could blame her.

Anyway this was a good chapter, though I know Gajeel is coming back, we have this big battle with Acnologia that we will need all dragon slayers for, not to mention Gajeel is very popular, he was the star of his own spinoff series, and Fairy Tail is suppose to be a happy manga, so he will be back.
blfanJun 6, 2016 4:47 AM
Jun 6, 2016 4:43 AM

Mar 2012
Lol, Mest...

From the surface, it was a nice farewell scene between Gajeel and Levy/Lily, but I really doubt Gajeel is dead one way or another. I'll be truly surprised if he actually is. Nevertheless, Gajeel's development up to this point was pretty nice.
Jun 6, 2016 4:54 AM

Apr 2008
MahiSenpai said:
I still cry.
I hope Gajeel will come back tho.
Talking about a future with Levy and THEN die. He cant do that to his little shrimp ;(
Technically he can because Lavy could be pregnant.
Jun 6, 2016 4:54 AM

Apr 2008
blfan said:
Gajeel is gone, granted there is a loop hole he is not dead, he is sucked into another dimension never to return, which means he can come back, and dam it he better come back, Hiro this was suppose to be a happier version of Rave Master, so make it so. Over or under Gajeel comes back in chapter 490.

Still emotionally to see Levy and Lily like that, they are out of the fight, but don't despair, if Byakura can come back, than so can Gajeel.

Irene vs Achnologia in coming, I wonder if they do have a past, I still think Achnologia played some role in Irene and Erza's separation, I guess we will find out.

I thought someone in Fairy Tail would do something stupid to destroy any hopes of negociation with August, I just didn't think it would be Mest, though I did think the grandpa thing with Brandish was so adorable, but dam it Mest, I guess you can take the man out of the duchbag council, but you can't fully take out the duchbac council out of the man, that was just a short sighted duchbag magic council thing to do, and all it did was pissed off August, what was he thinking, did he think that would kill August, giving last chapter he knew the difference in strength. And I hope Brandish doesn't turn on us because of this, I mean who could blame her.

Anyway this was a good chapter, though I know Gajeel is coming back, we have this big battle with Acnologia that we will need all dragon slayers for, not to mention Gajeel is very popular, he was the star of his own spinoff series, and Fairy Tail is suppose to be a happy manga, so he will be back.

He was not sucked into another dimension. He was scattered into Magic Barrier Particles. Not the same thing at all
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aod-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aod-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aod-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.