Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 27, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's like a tunnel leading to nowhere..I think the bus driver is really losing it, at least the main trio is able to get out alive.

Not trusting Masaki much this episode..

More Hayato background story as well. I find this show has a weird transition between its storytelling. The weird creatures (Penguin and Octopus thingy) also made this episode look like popcorn comedy lol. Another cliffhanger as well, sigh.
May 27, 2016 9:17 AM

Feb 2012
this show is just so much better when they focus on less characters (and no i don't count that flashback episode). It's such a shame really, it had so much potential if only it didn't focus on a large group
May 27, 2016 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
I gave up thinking about this anime. That given, it is pretty entertaining in a way. Not sure how they are going to wrap up the story in the remaining three episodes...
May 27, 2016 11:45 AM
Nov 2014
mayoiga back at it again with the crazy characters
May 27, 2016 4:26 PM

Dec 2014
this anime is a joke
May 27, 2016 6:40 PM

Jan 2015
Misaki:Mitsumune why are you so nice to me?

Mitsumune:It's because of dat ass.

But seriously though every week I say it's my last episode of this anime and week after week I come back to see ridiculous it can get....I guess it did something right.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 27, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2012
So...was that the Reiji dude Masaki's been looking for who saved Lion? I had a feeling we'd see him this week after eye-patch dude didn't specify who saved him. I still love denim jacket girl btw. XD Can't feel sorry for Hayato, he's no better than his parents. Maybe he deserves some slack for them making him that way, but eh. Mitsumune in a hospital at the end? Why was the penguin he followed smaller than before, because he stood up to Hayato? Where's Masaki? I still don't see our endgame clearly.

smilewolfy said:
this show is just so much better when they focus on less characters (and no i don't count that flashback episode). It's such a shame really, it had so much potential if only it didn't focus on a large group

There definitely wasn't a need for all these characters in retrospect since they aren't even killing them off slasher style.
animefan8800May 27, 2016 7:16 PM
May 27, 2016 7:14 PM
Apr 2016
Masaki wants everyone to believe her but pretends to go to the toilet then runs off somewhere. If you don't want people to be suspicious of you and treat you like a villain then how about you stop doing stupid shit like that?
May 27, 2016 7:17 PM

Mar 2014

PREACH!

Inb4 influx of dominatrix doujins featuring this couple.

Pffftttt

Yeah, Masaki knows shit and I wanna shake it ouyt of her petite body

I bet that was her cousin who punched Sasa- I mean Jakku for whatever reason

DAMN CLIFFHANGER!
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 27, 2016 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sure it was Reiji who saved the girls.
May 27, 2016 7:21 PM

Sep 2015
Is it just me or does anyone find the pacing of this anime a little weird? The changing of scenes to different groups of characters just doesn't look smooth it's like a sudden change in the scene which kinda spoils the mood and atmostphere
May 27, 2016 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
I don't care about anything anymore, but I'm glad my lovely son Jack is back. I wish he had a better accuracy, though.
"If they say there is no chance of victory, she will create one with her own sword."
The avatar picture was made by おみず on Twitter.
May 27, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2016
bobzanny said:
Misaki:Mitsumune why are you so nice to me?

Mitsumune:It's because of dat ass.

Mitsumune:Hayato why are you so nice to me?

Hayato:It's because of dat ass.

other than forbidden love and the return of ORE NO NAWA JHHAAAACCCKKK this is a very meme-light episode, meaning it's less fun for me. oh and i guess "people are losing interest?"

hopefully the next one gets back to being wild
FragOutFireMay 27, 2016 8:09 PM
May 27, 2016 7:46 PM

Jun 2014
I was going to say I felt kind of bad for Hayato because of what he dealt with, but he ended up becoming the exact same type of person his parents were, so I can't really feel any sympathy for him. This anime still seems like it's not coming close to reaching a specific end goal and there are only 3 episodes left. I honestly don't think this can all be wrapped up without it feeling like a rushed clusterfuck.

smilewolfy said:

So true, if they were going to kill people off every episode then it would make sense, but they should have focused on 10 characters at most.
thebrentinator24May 27, 2016 7:49 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 27, 2016 7:52 PM

Dec 2014
Surprisingly kind of a good episode in a way.

Still though, not necessarily looking forward to the series final episodes. Its obvious it'll be rushed as all hell.
May 27, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
That Hayato reveal was not as homo as I was expecting

Lol at Mitsumune asking to join Masaki when she wanted to go to the bathroom

I was hoping it wouldn't turn into Another and I'm glad that it's not going in that direction. Healing endings can be just as satisfying as mass murder
May 27, 2016 8:23 PM

Jun 2015
No matter what you cannot predict this anime. As far as mystery goes this series is amazing. It has remained unpredictable from start to finish. I have no clue what happens next but each episode ends on a cliffhanger desperately making me want more.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
May 27, 2016 8:35 PM

Mar 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if this whole anime is just a joke. Actually that's what it's easier for me to believe, rather than it being an actual serious attempt at... something whatever they tried to pull off.

With that said, I'm still enjoying the shit out of this lmao, 10/10 anime

May 27, 2016 8:36 PM

Nov 2015
So, we are getting close to a wrap up and still no sense of all these characters building up. I wonder why they did brought up so many characters when they're only focusing on the smart/totally dumb/hopeless ones?

The ep explored Hayato's past and his grandma issues but it seemed so rushed at this point that I could care less. And now that he confessed he was using Mitsumune as a puppet, he seems like a dickhead really.

Damn that OST during Mitsu and Valkana's monster encounter was unsurprisingly awkward and funny. Don't know how they able to top each week's wierd offerings.

Nonetheless the tunnel really didn't lead to anything, I guess that you have to truly accept your fears and get rid of them to start again your life afresh. Man now the show starting to give value thoughts.
May 27, 2016 8:36 PM
Mar 2016
i went from hating hayato, to feeling bad for him, to hating him again. he's super messed up.

honestly jack is back & that's all i care about. also nanko is still best girl.
May 27, 2016 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
I still love her but I've gotta admit that Masaki was super suspicious this episode.
May 27, 2016 8:41 PM

Mar 2012
This was a very interesting episode, to say the least. We got some of Hayato's backstory, which made me sad but not completely sympathetic towards him. His parents are complete and utter trash, but he's only continuing the cycle of emotional abuse with regards to his interactions with Mitsumune. Hayato was pretty much unable to change his home situation unless he got social services involved, which honestly could be scary af if you're the one being abused. He was pretty much in a no-win situation no matter what he did, so I do feel for his struggle.

I honestly thought part of his past was that he had a huge crush on Mitsumune and wanted to control him, almost like a boyfriend.

It was cool to see some of the characters that were "missing" from our roster back in this episode.... but where in the heck is Yottsun? Will they be bringing him back, or will be forever be "gone"?

I was pretty much joking when I said this, but I think that he might be involved with a "mastermind" if the show comes to this. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few episodes. If it turns out he's really one to "blame" for this I'll be laughing so hard.

I hope we get to see more of the character's pasts in the next episode. I want to know about Nanko and Lion some more if I can. Also, I'm excited to see more Jack.
...Not too excited for more Assbound though. I can't believe he was actually crying in the first part of the episode.
May 27, 2016 9:03 PM
Oct 2011
Valkana's monster is laughable
May 27, 2016 9:09 PM

Dec 2012
Some people just don't understand, but if you were in Hayato's position you would probably be mentally unstable as well or scarred. No child should be abused like that, but it does happen and has horrible consequences. The pattern may repeat itself. I don't blame Hayato for the way he is. I hope he can overcome it and live a happy life.
May 27, 2016 9:29 PM

Oct 2013
This show is always surprising, that's for sure lol. Hayato is an interesting character and had a sad backstory. It makes his creepy/fucked up treatment of Mitsu not seem so one dimensional (he's def fucked up tho lmfao).

As this series is drawing to an end, I have to say I'm kind of sad at a lot of the wasted potential. I'm still struggling to remember a lot of the people on the bus, or why they're relevant. The show hasn't done a HORRIBLE job of balancing all the characters, but a lot of the "development" seems extremely rushed. There's just not enough time to really appreciate the ensemble. The supernatural elements are still kind of shaky for me, a lot of things just don't really make any sense, but I assume(hope) that the real "mystery" of Nanaki Village will be revealed during ep 11-12, as that would be the ending arc.

I will admit, pacing wise, at least there seems to be some sort of linear arc that they are following, as opposed to a plot being non-existent until the last 2-3 episodes. It makes watching this show a little more tolerable than your average 12 ep anime.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
May 27, 2016 9:33 PM

Aug 2015
This episode wasn't that bad. Glad we got to see some background info on Hayato. I am slightly concerned he was left alone, but seeing as how the missing people are coming back I guess he will be just fine. Also it looks like Misaki's cousin[is that guy him? or is it someone else] is forming an army or something since he is equipping the lost children with bows and arrows... -.- Who's bright idea was it to give this problem children that of all things, seriously? No wild animals have showed up also, and they are clearly targeting people that are tying to leave, hopefully they will at least explain a bit why. Misaki seems really suspicious now, supposedly she didn't wanna trouble them so she didn't told them why she joined the tour, but when the MC said he was willing to help she just abandoned him there? Not very smart considering the entire group tried to kill her just hours before, and he was the only one willing to defend her. Also where is Koharun in the second part of the episode? Did she really stay with that other Jack-something?
May 27, 2016 9:35 PM

Oct 2013
Shion657 said:
Some people just don't understand, but if you were in Hayato's position you would probably be mentally unstable as well or scarred. No child should be abused like that, but it does happen and has horrible consequences. The pattern may repeat itself. I don't blame Hayato for the way he is. I hope he can overcome it and live a happy life.

I agree. his back story was very sad and his parents were very cruel. I don't think he's irredeemable at this point. It's good Mitsu confronted him about how selfish he was, but it's not out of the ordinary to see abuse victims turn into abusers as they grow up. It obviously doesn't make what he did right, esp. for Mitsu who has also undergone his own personal troubles and is an easy target to be manipulated because he's so very vulnerable. However, I still think there is a path for him which could let him change and hopefully recover. If Mitsu was able to "develop" to a certain extent, then I see no reason why Hayato couldn't.

However idk if they will really go very deep with this, since the show is balancing a lot (if not too many) thoughts and priorities at once.
May 27, 2016 9:40 PM

Oct 2013
YoKamis said:
Valkana's monster is laughable

TBH. A lot of the monsters are quite comical if you really think about it (after all, a floating piece of silicone? lol) That being said, if a giant, floating, constantly morphing glob of unknown material was floating towards me I feel like i'd be pretty skeeved out too. They probably could have invested in some scarier looking monsters tho lmfao.
May 27, 2016 9:41 PM

Dec 2014
It was a decent episode I guess, Watching this after Big Order makes this show look better in my eyes XD

thebrentinator24 said:
I was going to say I felt kind of bad for Hayato because of what he dealt with, but he ended up becoming the exact same type of person his parents were, so I can't really feel any sympathy for him.

Same here, Initially I felt sad for what he had to go through, Being denied his own will and all but eventually he ended up trying to control Mitsumunne.

That river Mitsumunne stumbled upon seemed like quite an ominous place
Looks like Reiji appeared, Though why are Judgeness and Jack trying to harm the group?
May 27, 2016 9:44 PM

Dec 2015
First off thank the heavens for no Lovepon this ep so sick of her yelling execute 24/7.Second, some of these monsters are absolutely ridiculous lmao. Third, at first I hated Hayato but he's got a point Mitsumune's obsession with that girl is beyond creepy. I bet if she told him to off himself he'd do it with no hesitation
May 27, 2016 9:45 PM

Jan 2014
JACK, I LOVE YOU AND WANT OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND YOU SO DON'T GO FUCKING SHOOTING THEM WITH ARROWS.

Speedstar... I hope he gets further character development and makes up with Mitsumune and the two start having a healthier relationship together. I understand both of them now because of their backstories.

But. That ending. I swear, this better not be a "in a coma" type deal.
May 27, 2016 9:45 PM

Oct 2014
This guy summed up Mayoiga's audience:

May 27, 2016 9:47 PM

Dec 2009
Jotakak said:
JACK, I LOVE YOU AND WANT OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND YOU SO DON'T GO FUCKING SHOOTING THEM WITH ARROWS.

Speedstar... I hope he gets further character development and makes up with Mitsumune and the two start having a healthier relationship together. I understand both of them now because of their backstories.

But. That ending. I swear, this better not be a "in a coma" type deal.

It seems like Mitsumune was the first to get out of the village by accepting and moving on from his past. It does kinda look like a "coma" type deal now because he woke up in some white looking room with a light. I doubt there's anything like that anywhere near the village. Also interesting Reiji turned up and is still around even after disappearing years before hand.
May 27, 2016 9:48 PM

Aug 2015
Shion657 said:

That's true. Personally I don't think that he is that much of a jerk. He is able to recognize that he is using Mitsumune as a puppet, and I think that shows there is hope for him. Specially since he knows that he is doing it because of how his parents treat him. Now on whether we will get to see such development, I seriously doubt it since there is only 3 episodes left, and this show is not all that great at developing characters... Unless, I don't know, the 'savior' Jack-something was talking about goes and brainwashes enlightens him as well. Not gonna lie, I just want Hayato to survive and move on with his life.
May 27, 2016 9:48 PM

Jul 2009
I wanna know how Hayato can admit something like that out loud and actually expect someone to be ok with it. Worst friend ever.
May 27, 2016 9:52 PM

Jan 2014
I seriously love the different characters in this anime! The diversity is great and I think it sets this anime apart from the others.

Seems like Reiji is back at it again with the white shirt.

Speedstar makes me sad. He was my favorite, but his backstory mixed with Mitsumune really makes those two great. Their relationship was basically built on fake intentions and I hope they make it all up. They're great. Hayato is technically a depressed man. His pain is tremendous and if you want an anime that explores what Hayato is going through, I suggest "Your Lie In April." It's pretty much what Hayato is going through. I feel for the guy. I hate abuses.

Not sure what is up with Mitsumune. It's possible that he has come to terms with what's going on because ONE the Tokimune monster became smaller. TWO the eye thing on Tokimune is gone. THREE he didn't see the Tokimune walking with him at the end.

I also have a theory that Masaki is seeing everyone's monsters. She doesn't have her own, but she sees everyone else's.

I really like this anime and am hoping for a strong conclusion.
May 27, 2016 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
This show is truly unpredictable in a good and bad way. The producers are brilliant in one way: there's enough of a mystery to keep people hooked regardless of how poorly crafted the characters and the plot are.

I admit that these cliffhangers are so abrupt and in almost every episode things tend to heat up and it all leads up to one moment that is immediately cut off. But the mystery is like 90% of the reason why I keep watching this.

Well, the characters in this finely tailored episode of Mayoiga are scrambling around like cockroaches under a rock, which is really screwing up with the plot. Masaki doesn't say anything notable about the whole mess, not enough focus on the MC, and once again (the focus shifts from character to character so many times). Seriously, why do I waste my time?

It was decent though -- it was decent.
May 27, 2016 9:56 PM

Aug 2015
tinybunnvevo said:

TBH. A lot of the monsters are quite comical if you really think about it (after all, a floating piece of silicone? lol) That being said, if a giant, floating, constantly morphing glob of unknown material was floating towards me I feel like i'd be pretty skeeved out too. They probably could have invested in some scarier looking monsters tho lmfao.

That could have been their redeeming quality. IF they actually tried to make the monsters look scarier at least we could feel sorry for the characters without making a joke out of them when they are running away from them. But yeah, you are right. Most thing that chase you out of nowhere are pretty scary on their own.
May 27, 2016 9:59 PM

Dec 2014
Thirteen Animation Directors!

You've outdone Iron Fortress in a single episode. I applaud you.
May 27, 2016 10:18 PM
Jan 2014
This episode must have given inspiration to those BL fans.
Anyway Masaki is still not trustworthy.
It seems Masaki's cousin (forgot the name) has appeared.
May 27, 2016 10:24 PM
Aug 2014
This episode could have used a little of my waifu, best girl Lovepon.
May 27, 2016 10:28 PM

Dec 2014
Shit got crazy in this episode... I don't even know what happened in this episode
May 27, 2016 10:29 PM

Aug 2014
I gotta say, when all 30 characters are together, this anime is entertaining.

But when they are separated like this episode, its really boring.
May 27, 2016 10:33 PM

Sep 2013
I legitimately enjoy picking the hell out of this show apart and bash it. It's too fun for me not to.

May 27, 2016 10:44 PM
Jun 2013
Decent episode. It's good that they finally showed Hayato's past, makes him easier to sympathize with. looks like Masaki isn't as innocent as Mitsu thinks she is. I have a feeling her story about her cousin could also be fabricated as Reiji will reveal next episode.
May 27, 2016 10:46 PM

Apr 2015
Doesn't the guy at the end of the cliffhanger look kind of like mitsumune (or maybe tokimune?) And when mitsumune is in the kind of modern environment at the end, doesn't it seem like he's in a hospital like he just awoke from something???
May 27, 2016 10:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I have finally come to the realization that for me to enjoy this show: I just quit caring what happens to anyone in it!
1. I now have a fondness for Lovepon the Insane Inquisitor
2. I now don't care if they execute or exorcise "I don't see monsters" girl
3. The monsters are a joke and I find them sort of cute now
4. 99% of this anime takes place with everyone standing and talking

6/10 because I believe in Santa Clause
May 27, 2016 10:59 PM

Jan 2015
Well that's pretty much explaining why Hayato seem pretty much "obsessed" toward Mitsumune.
And that guy at the cliffhanger moment, could it be Masaki's cousin?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 27, 2016 11:22 PM

Dec 2013
So Reiji finally appears. Time for him to take Masaki back and lead everyone else away from this place. Let's see if Mitsumune will really stay true to his words about wanting to help her find her cousin (like everyone else I just think he wants to tap dat ass).

And seriously, 9 episodes done and still no one but Yottsun has been written off? Seriously disappointed here....
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 27, 2016 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
JACK IS BACK

and i guess reiji appeared too but honestly who cares about that
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.