Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 10, 2016 5:14 PM

Jul 2012
stop disliking what i like ugu~ ;_;
Apr 10, 2016 5:48 PM

Oct 2015
Oh my God, ripoff accusations are becoming so kneejerk nowadays. Anything that is even remotely like anything else modern is instantly accused of being a "HURR RIPOFF" by special snowflakes.
I won't deny that this first episode reminded me heavily of Attack on Titan though, and it is clearly an inspiration for the show as it's an anime original.
Apr 10, 2016 7:24 PM

Jul 2014
Jarjaxle said:
Well, personally this series looks pretty much quite promising.

I am expecting the Tragedy, Human world in some sort of Apocalypse..and Monster that can killed by striking certain Area....Long time since I have seen this kind potential PURE ANIME Show (that is not based on existing Manga or novel. that is trying to Reach quite High.

But, I have to admit...this show has quite similar setting it's own way...to Certain Manga/Anime show....Yep...You guys guessed it right..Talking ABout SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN or ATTACK ON TITAN
You have to admit that there are lot of similarities...MOnster that can killed only by cutting/Piercing certain area, Protagonist hellbent for Revenge/wanting to Kill monster (Need a confirmation on this.), Humanity have build communities for protection against these monsters....Only exceptions being, Industry Revolution time, meaning more bigger effecting Guns and that these Monsters can infect anyone they Bite...so Somewhat Zombie Apocalypse on top of that?

Well, Trailers look awesome and there is a lot of Possible Potential. we will see where this goes.
Well, there may be a difference, the protagonist might be better.
Apr 10, 2016 8:57 PM

Nov 2013
Jarjaxle said:
TheBigGuy said:

Even if it follows the plot of SnK it's not a copy, since SnK didn't invent this kind of plot. Would you say every romance of recent years is a copy of Clannad? They all follow the same plot, only with different settings and characters. And I disagree with only using SnK as Inspiration. I think it's also inspired by George Romero's Land of the Dead. Or at least it could have been.

What Land of dead? and yes I know that SnK did not invent this kind of Plot, there has been 100 or 1000 post apocalyptic series, hell some Harem mangas/ANime are from where some being attack earth and Humanity is losing until someone invents some way to fight against them and there the MC story starts.
But there is also difference on plot compared to SnK and that difference of the Plot is the reason I am not calling this copy. If it had then it would have been one. but as you now said, Inspiration is there, situations and characters are some what similar, but so far it has been unique and with plot difference so it is not copy. But because it has been only aired 1 episode we should watch rest of it.

I am not currently calling this copy, I am making my final judgement on that when couple more, 3-5 episodes has been aired. then we all will know the truth.

So far it has Been Unique enough to me say that it's not a Copy, especially when there is not Yandere Mikasa female Character following Ikoma Eren! XD If Mumei or Ayame had been like that then I would have most likely had different Opinion! XD

I agree, that we have to see more episodes.

Land of the Dead is the fourth movie in the Living Dead Series. It's about one of the last cities after the zombie apocalypse.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 11, 2016 12:43 AM

Dec 2015
Jarjaxle said:
TheBigGuy said:

Don't worry, it's perfectly reasonable. And I will not deny the influence of SnK, that wasn't my point. I'm just not agreeing with calling it a copy.

Well I would call it copy not yet, there has not been enough Episodes aired yet. Using other series as inspiration is allowed, and if it can make good series but making themselves as unique, then I say it is All OK! but if this start Plot wise just follow SnK plot without making any changes or showing something New, AKA Literally being SnK with just different kind Characters and Setting....then I say it is copy....

But SO far. I have not seen other than it using inspiration of the SnK...and Episode 1 was Good start where it can grown it's own way. We have to wait other Episodes to air before that Decision can be made.

Having seen the first episode, I have to say it is virtually a copy, if you are looking at it from purely a plot-perspective. The similarities are all there from its tone, to its action sequences, and even pacing to a degree. Fighting inhuman monsters that have forced humanity to be "caged" doesn't help much.

Even from a production standpoint, it is very similar to SnK. Pretty much Araki being Araki, with his copy-paste over-the-top, "make everything epic in scale" directing style.

Where KnK differs is in its more interesting steampunk setting and a more likable MC, exclusively. These factors alone give it the potential to create something better than SnK, even if it is a copy, but whether or not it manages to do that remains to be seen.

But I digress. I suppose we can't call it a true copy until the show gives us all it has to offer.
Apr 14, 2016 8:53 PM
Aug 2015
Why are you all calling it Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress? It's called Trains on Titans.
Apr 15, 2016 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
OK..episode 2 shows us that this series now start to go it's own way from here..and there has been enough differentiates for me...I here by Declare, my personal Opinion....while gotten inspiration from SnK....THIS IS NOT A copy of it
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 15, 2016 12:24 PM

Jun 2013
lol copy.

a show that has harem in it means its a copy of another harem anime right?

it has zombies so it must have been copied from highschool of the dead?

lul nope.

Apr 16, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2013
Jarjaxle said:
OK..episode 2 shows us that this series now start to go it's own way from here..and there has been enough differentiates for me...I here by Declare, my personal Opinion....while gotten inspiration from SnK....THIS IS NOT A copy of it

Agreed. And I already like this more.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 16, 2016 12:38 PM
Dec 2015
Lol, as I watched it with someone, I mentioned how Wall Maria went down.

Not saying a complete ripoff or anything, but influenced? Influenced is fine. Didn't the author of Attack on Titan say he was influenced by MuvLuv? Most of anime are similar to something else in one way or another.
Apr 16, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
To me it doesn't look promising. The first two episodes have been pretty underwhelming. I don't find the "oldish" art-style to be visually good to look at. Story seems similar to AoT so there's no freshness to the series. The first 3 episodes are supposed to be of the better episodes of any series since you have the chance to explore the concepts, places but this one seems already familiar. Also unlike AoT, this series doesn't seem to have the surprising factor.

I'm really disliking Mumei's character so far, there's a certain type of ignorance to her character. She's made to look like a bland copy of Mikasa. The only redeeming factor about this series so far is the music and somewhat the MC. I won't be surprised if he tranforms to a non-human like Eren. I never expected this series to good although there was hype around it but so far it hasn't tried to make me like it either.
CG-SilverApr 16, 2016 3:49 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2016 3:12 PM

Jun 2013
CG-Silver said:
To me it doesn't look promising. The first two episodes have been pretty underwhelming. I don't find the "oldish" art-style to be visually good to look at. Story seems similar to AoT so there's no freshness to the series. The first 3 episodes are supposed to be of the better episodes of any series since you have the chance to explore the concepts, places but this one seems already familiar. Also unlike AoT, this series doesn't seem to have the surprising factor.

I'm really disliking Mumei's character so far, there's a certain type of ignorance to her character. She's made to look like a bland copy of Mikasa. The only redeeming factor about this series so far is the music and somewhat the MC. I won't be surprised if he turns out a Titan like Eren. I never expected this series to good although there was hype around it but so far it hasn't tried to make me like it either.

what Titan....there is no titan here...Only Zombies.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 16, 2016 3:48 PM

Apr 2015
Jarjaxle said:
CG-Silver said:

I'm really disliking Mumei's character so far, there's a certain type of ignorance to her character. She's made to look like a bland copy of Mikasa. The only redeeming factor about this series so far is the music and somewhat the MC. I won't be surprised if he transforms to a non-human like Eren. I never expected this series to good although there was hype around it but so far it hasn't tried to make me like it either.

what Titan....there is no titan here...Only Zombies.

I edited my original post. Satisfied yet?

Honestly, it's the same shit but oh well, I'll go along with "Zombies"
CG-SilverApr 16, 2016 3:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2016 5:09 PM

Dec 2015
Alexlung said:
lol copy.

lul nope.

Then by your logic, every anime might as well be original. Face it, this anime is basically SnK with the hope (my fervent fervent hope) that it will be better than its trainwreck of a predecessor.
Apr 16, 2016 5:16 PM

Jan 2014
I don't mind if it's copying Titan, I enjoy this more than Titan actually, the characters are more likeable expecially Mumei (loli but oppai, lol)
Apr 17, 2016 12:40 AM

Aug 2009
I didn't think of it as a copy when I watched it. For one thing, historical time wise, aot is like middle ages (seems like old times) Germany (yeah it has to be Germany). This one seems like a world that had an apocalypse in Japan (could of been world wide but who knows maybe they're just cutting Japan off) right after an industrial revolution bringing steam engines to Japan. The only things similar are the intensity of the shows and both being mysterious.
Apr 17, 2016 12:51 AM

Oct 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Lets face the truth. This series has the most members of the season because fans of AOT wished to find some similiarities. And first episode was really similiar (events).

This series has most members among others this season because it's Wit Studio and their cutting-edge god-knows-how-much-it-costs animation technique.
Apr 17, 2016 12:51 AM

Oct 2014
For me, personally, rip off or no rip off, I find both to be box office shits. This & SnK.
The technical department (animation, OST, etc) is the only reason I watch this.
Well... and also for the general knowledge, so that at least I know how to reply when somebody is talking to me about this.
Apr 17, 2016 3:06 AM
Jul 2018
sekai-no-seigi said:
It clearly is "inspired" by AOT.... That might just be a euphemism

But if they can do it better, then who are we to judge.... In the end a lot of anime are based on similar plots, just some are pulled off better than others.

Did you see that the themes are done by Egoist.... Big fan LOL

I really liked the Guilty Crown soundtrack

i totally agree with you, some people see it as a copy and that's all they can think of. people like those are blind they'll never look into a different perspective they just say "hey its SnK copy", "hey they ripped off those from SnK".
or we could just igore them. . . .cuz well they'll never change. . .

Sawano Hiroyuki and Egoist quite an awesome pair.
removed-userApr 17, 2016 3:09 AM
Apr 17, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2015
Kuro_Mizuki said:
sekai-no-seigi said:
It clearly is "inspired" by AOT.... That might just be a euphemism

But if they can do it better, then who are we to judge.... In the end a lot of anime are based on similar plots, just some are pulled off better than others.

Did you see that the themes are done by Egoist.... Big fan LOL

I really liked the Guilty Crown soundtrack

i totally agree with you, some people see it as a copy and that's all they can think of. people like those are blind they'll never look into a different perspective they just say "hey its SnK copy", "hey they ripped off those from SnK".

I watched the first episode the other day and came out thinking that it could beat out AoT story-wise and character-wise.... Even though the protagonist is very similar to Eren from AoT, he gives off different vibes, and seems to be an all-round better character. Eren just seemed kind of worthless, the recon corps obviously just exploited his titan power, since the guy himself never even killed one with his own hands.

The MC in Kabeneri, on the other hand, is a great inventor who has actually made progress by modifying that rivet-gun (or whatever it is supposed to be) to kill the zombies, and was actually able to stop the infection of his body.

So over-all I think that it is significantly different from AoT.... Possibly better
I am the scales of justice, conductor of the choir of death!

Apr 17, 2016 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
sekai-no-seigi said:
Kuro_Mizuki said:

I watched the first episode the other day and came out thinking that it could beat out AoT story-wise and character-wise.... Even though the protagonist is very similar to Eren from AoT, he gives off different vibes, and seems to be an all-round better character. Eren just seemed kind of worthless, the recon corps obviously just exploited his titan power, since the guy himself never even killed one with his own hands.

The MC in Kabeneri, on the other hand, is a great inventor who has actually made progress by modifying that rivet-gun (or whatever it is supposed to be) to kill the zombies, and was actually able to stop the infection of his body.

So over-all I think that it is significantly different from AoT.... Possibly better

well i think he is both inventor and mechanic. he did mention before he got shot out of the train that one of the part was broken (it was in episode 2, correct me if i missed something). he does reminds me of someone else thou but i can't put up who.

indeed his modified weapon was powered by noth steam and gunpowder (am i right on this?)
Apr 17, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2011
Does Attack on Titan have a loli who can kick a zombie's head out of its body ?

no it doesn't
Apr 17, 2016 5:41 PM
Nov 2010
I hope it's not a repeat of Rage of Buhamut...in terms of starting strong with a good pace then a couple shitty plot twist/dialogue away into a mediocre series.

SnK was hyped only because just before it aired, the manga was entering a period of sweet spot suspense wise which was the signature of that title (not its settings, which is not that special). After that it can only go downhill.
Apr 17, 2016 5:54 PM

Aug 2015
Kuro_Mizuki said:
sekai-no-seigi said:

well i think he is both inventor and mechanic. he did mention before he got shot out of the train that one of the part was broken (it was in episode 2, correct me if i missed something). he does reminds me of someone else thou but i can't put up who.

indeed his modified weapon was powered by noth steam and gunpowder (am i right on this?)

I am not exactly sure LOL.... I have only watched the first episode, and am going to wait till it fully airs to watch the rest.... but that first episode was awesome..

It was something like that though :)
I am the scales of justice, conductor of the choir of death!

Apr 17, 2016 9:27 PM

Sep 2015
For someone who has not seen AOT I don't think I'll have the same worries and caution as the rest. I just watched episode 1 and I am really liking everything about it so far.
Apr 20, 2016 10:11 AM

Oct 2015
Alexlung said:
lol copy.

lul nope.

With this show unlike high school of the dead I can feel safe watching it when my family are at home.
Apr 20, 2016 10:34 AM

Oct 2015
I really liked the first two episode it does give the attack on titan vibes with the steam guns and nearly impossible to kill zombies. Being similar to attack on titan isn't a bad thing and I have always wanted to see a show where zombies are being fought with steam punk weapons. There are not that many big titles in anime that feature zombies to begin with the only one I can think of is high school of the dead which is NSFW when talking to ordinary people who are not too into anime.

There has been a trend in recent years of anime series being said to be attack on titan clones (e.g. god eater(was a video game before AOT)). Usually they share one similarity with attack on titan and immediately they are a clone. In this shows case its steam punk weapons. I would love to see steam punk weapons become a genre or trope because they always look cool and best of all sound cool.

What I like about this show most of all is the MC as he is getting stuff done and doesnt give a damn about those higher up than them. Hes not like eren who has to turn into a titan to kill a titan (cause he hasnt killed a titan in the first season of the anime with 3d manuver gear) and he is definetely not on the scale of how useless you are between 0 and shinji ikari.

If attack on titan is steampunk swords vs tough giants than this is steampunk guns vs tough zombies.
Apr 20, 2016 12:59 PM

Mar 2016
I find it to be pretty bad .It might have some potentially interesting plot progression though .

However ,it's not half as good as RE; Zero .

At least for now .

Apr 20, 2016 9:33 PM

Apr 2009
KNK > SNK. ROFLMAO
Apr 23, 2016 9:12 PM

Jun 2013
Of course........ This anime even has sawano working the same music all over again... Was that mumei solo action? OR LEVI SOLO ACTION??? OOH MUMEI DUAL GUNS??? OR LEVI DUAL BLADE?????

But even if it's something like a copy of SnK, i still enjoy this anime quite much even more than re:zero actually lol.... Maybe because i'm sick of typical fantasy setting or some shit

As for how this will compare with SnK, too early to tell, the start is pretty good if we overlook the train paradox at episode one.... And we have Mumei here.... I never really like loli but I like mumei pretty much because of her character instead.... And she's not flat nor Hestia level, guess she's more like a Little Sized ideal adult rather a loli then?
Apr 24, 2016 3:57 AM

Sep 2014
I don't get how people call a series a "copy" because it borrows similar tropes, that's like calling every mecha anime a copy of previous mecha anime, or calling the walking dead a copy of previous zombies shows/movies.
Apr 24, 2016 5:42 AM

Nov 2009
Episode one does look like it was made to pull in SnK fans. It was just too similar, admittedly, but in no way it didn't have some of its own original themes. And I kinda like the MC much better than Eren.
Yes, I will watch this for sure.
Apr 24, 2016 5:59 AM

Jun 2015
It already turned generic. Still watching, but my expectations are now lower.
Apr 24, 2016 7:49 AM

Jan 2015
BeBackinaSec said:

...lol.
This anime is absolutetly not generic.
Apr 24, 2016 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Xenocrisi said:
BeBackinaSec said:

...lol.

It does not try to be anything new. Neither the characters nor how they work the story, I might call it copycat but I prefer to say that it is generic.
Apr 24, 2016 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
Well, it so far looks like it's not an AOT ripoff, but more like a steampunk zombie apocalypse, and honestly, so far, it's doing a pretty good job, even if it's has some explaining to do later down the line about how some of the stuff in these first two episodes exactly happened. Not to mention, that it looks very realistic in terms of character models, kinda like many 90's anime, only in higher definition. This show has a really great setup, and I hope it can completely deliver on that.
Apr 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
@CherryLover
Tell me about more the shows you dont watch and your lack of knowledge on the word "overrated"...
Apr 27, 2016 12:41 AM
May 2012
FononZero said:
People just like to complain for the sake of complaining. With that mindset, you might as well never watch anime at all......

random anime #1201 takes place in a high school, and has a club.... obviously a copy of random anime #247 which also takes place in high school and has a club.

random anime #822 is about some girl wanting to become a singer.... obviously a copy of random anime #423 which is also about some girl wanting to become a singer.

random anime #909 has mechs and giants robots... obviously a copy of random anime #237 which also has mechs and giant robots.

Sigh, people could just STOP with 'that' excuses from now on..

I mean what exactly this show has to do with AOT anyway? Unless the director & writer is been smoking at this point. With Egoist (same singer) & hiroyuki sawada also involved in this show & etc.

*sigh* I guess NOBODY wants to hear my side of the story when it comes to my emotional sarcastic reaction towards any anime. In fact, I can take it very very seriously anyway
JafriZinApr 27, 2016 12:44 AM
Apr 27, 2016 1:48 AM

Aug 2008
forexjammer said:
It would be pretty funny if the MC turns into a zombie to help humanity haha.

This man is a prophet.
Apr 27, 2016 10:06 AM
Jan 2009
How can copying AoT make a series bad

Attack on Titan is fucking trash. I've been reading it for years and years, long before the horde of 12-year olds got obsessed with the anime. It's a go-nowhere series with terrible art written by a child who hit it lucky, but ultimately has no writing abilities at all.

This series is everything decent about Attack on Titan, but it's better in every single way.

Better, more fleshed-out universe.
Better, more endearing characters.
Better art and animation by miles and miles.

It feels like AoT, but written and produced by adults.
Apr 27, 2016 10:08 AM
Jan 2009
BeBackinaSec said:
Xenocrisi said:

...lol.

It does not try to be anything new. Neither the characters nor how they work the story, I might call it copycat but I prefer to say that it is generic.

It's a steampunk zombie show set in Japan. And the series has the world building and art to back it all up.
That's original. Is it surprising? No, maybe not. But it is actually more of an original idea than "a zombie series where the zombie are giants instead"
Apr 27, 2016 8:10 PM

Jun 2015
Nyron said:
BeBackinaSec said:

It's a steampunk zombie show set in Japan. And the series has the world building and art to back it all up.
That's original. Is it surprising? No, maybe not. But it is actually more of an original idea than "a zombie series where the zombie are giants instead"

Sigh. Of course the setting is original. By that virtue all anime is original since they all have different settings. I'm looking at this anime by its characters, which are basically walking copies of successful tropes .The story progression is basically just a rehash of SnK. I am not denying that the show is ok, but it does not stop the show being a simple copy of a successful show. Whether that changes or not, I do not know.
Apr 27, 2016 10:32 PM

Oct 2009
BeBackinaSec said:
Nyron said:

Sigh. Of course the setting is original. By that virtue all anime is original since they all have different settings. I'm looking at this anime by its characters, which are basically walking copies of successful tropes .The story progression is basically just a rehash of SnK. I am not denying that the show is ok, but it does not stop the show being a simple copy of a successful show. Whether that changes or not, I do not know.

I think the thought was "a post-apocalyptic steampunk setting" is quite original compared to modern school setting. Steampunk and cyberpunk is not used to quite the same extent as others. Saying the story is a rehash from 2 eps is kinda stretching it, this series will have an end, Snk is still going, just that fact means it will be faster pace and diverge. And so far I don't know what tropes you are talking about, flying happy go lucky gun wielding ninja girl or determined mechanic/scientist becoming half monster wielding nailgun? You probably mean their skills and prior history, guy with no skills meet girl with skills, gets same power, tragic past. But if we remove that what do we get? A guy with determination without reasons, and damsel in distress. All characters have tropes or they don't have a personality, like the guy from Aldnoah Zero.

Looks more like a walking dead meets owari no seraph and berserker with steampunk setting than AoT to me. And with so many combinations I would call it original at that point.

And why is it bad that it has some resemblance to other shows? If that was the case Disney should have gone bankrupt by now. The only reason I see for this weird behaviour is to protect the all holy AoT as the better show, let's judge it without AoT as comparison. (Cause really if you read the manga I think you will change your mind on its greatness, and think maybe the studio is so good that they can turn garbage into watchable stuff. What can they do if they don't start with garbage?)
NLightApr 27, 2016 11:11 PM
Apr 27, 2016 10:56 PM

Oct 2013
Lool I always come here to see all these snk haters post there hate comment towards the series. Also don't quote me, I wont reply to you bitches! because you guys are nobody and u ain't worth it. :P

Just keep posting those mean comments that's all I'm asking.
Apr 27, 2016 11:37 PM

Jun 2015
NLight said:

I think the thought was "a post-apocalyptic steampunk setting" is quite original compared to modern school setting. Steampunk and cyberpunk is not used to quite the same extent as others. Saying the story is a rehash from 2 eps is kinda stretching it, this series will have an end, Snk is still going, just that fact means it will be faster pace and diverge. And so far I don't know what tropes you are talking about, flying happy go lucky gun wielding ninja girl or determined mechanic/scientist becoming half monster wielding nailgun? You probably mean their skills and prior history, guy with no skills meet girl with skills, gets same power, tragic past. But if we remove that what do we get? A guy with determination without reasons, and damsel in distress. All characters have tropes or they don't have a personality, like the guy from Aldnoah Zero.

Looks more like a walking dead meets owari no seraph and berserker with steampunk setting than AoT to me. And with so many combinations I would call it original at that point.

And why is it bad that it has some resemblance to other shows? If that was the case Disney should have gone bankrupt by now. The only reason I see for this weird behaviour is to protect the all holy AoT as the better show, let's judge it without AoT as comparison. (Cause really if you read the manga I think you will change your mind on its greatness, and think maybe the studio is so good that they can turn garbage into watchable stuff. What can they do if they don't start with garbage?)

It looks like a rehash from what I am seeing is what I am saying. I explicitly implied that it may change but the fact remains that it is what it is. I don't really care greatly about the setting of the series unless it is above the norm, this is not one of those.

The characters are tropy because mc is the hot blooded token main character while ninja girl is the cool beauty. Those are tropes. Instead of fleshing them out we get action to show how cool they are, so fact remains, they are still more trope than character. You can't argue that you can't flesh characters during action, tons of anime does that successfully. The zombie action fulfilled nothing but reinforce ninja girl's image of cool beauty and the fan's need for action.

For starters, I did not really love Shingeki so the Shingeki argument is invalid.

I do not hate the show nor do I like it, I am neutral to it. So I'm not flaming. I am just stating facts. If I really hated it, I'd be putting those why Kabaneri is flawed sigs that is floating around.
Apr 27, 2016 11:38 PM

Oct 2013
keragamming said:
TheBigGuy said:
No. It's a copy of Rail Wars, because both have trains.

Honestly, stop this. I remember the same discussion, when Owari no Seraph aired. That they share common themes, doesn't make one of them a copy. Stories about humans facing a nonhuman threat are probably as old as mankind itself. That's like saying Snk is a copy of Matrix or Stargate Atlantis.

City, that's the last hope of mankind? Check.
Protagonist hellbent for revenge/wanting to kill monster? Check. ( Morpheus/Ronon )
Nonhuman beings, that can't easily be killed? Check.

Snk wasn't big enough to influence owari no seraph at the time. The difference with this series is that it's an anime original, and they just so happen to create this series right after the mega success of snk. It's also has the exact same staff as snk.

I also think you and other person is missing the big point here, no one is saying snk is original or it brought anything new to the table. What people are sying is that this series got influence by snk, although some just call it a rip off, which I don't agree with.

Saying that there's a million anime or shows similar to snk, doesn't negate the fact that this series got influence by snk. For eg. The author of snk was inspired to make snk after playing the muv luv video game, is muv luv original? Nope, but the fact remain is that this specific series is what inspired him, he got ideas from that specific series.

Kabaneri is in the same position just like snk was to muv luv. They use ideas from snk and modify it into something different. It's certainly not a rip off imo, but it's similar to snk. Prople just use rip off instead of influence.

Is this a reasonable point? Or am I just being a fanboy here?
Damn I miss that savage KeraGamming
Apr 28, 2016 11:26 AM
Jan 2009
BeBackinaSec said:
Nyron said:

There's more to it than a setting. They've clearly defined a lot of things about the culture and world of the show, and it isn't just "this show, but in this backdrop instead." It's a lot of work to plan out costumes, settings, and behavior for a whole fictional world and make it feel real, which is why not a lot of anime does it well. It's shameful to not appreciate this here.

AoT's story progression is also not original. "Safe world is invaded by bad things and hero becomes special to stop them" is very normal for anime. The first part of that is also the premise of every zombie movie.

I'm also a fan of the main character so far. He saved the others out of *spite*, which is honestly really awesome and very off from the betamale bullshit anime usually hands us. We don't know enough about either MC to get a read on who they really are, but yes, Action Waifu is pretty much just that. But that's also welcomed because it's not done nearly enough.

I think this series is doing a lot of things correctly and far from the norm.
Apr 29, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2012
Watched the first 3 episodes and find it really enjoyable/amazing.

But anyone who denies the fact that this is based off SnK is just delusional.
This isn't the second time they have tried to replicate their winning formula - they made 'Owari no Seraph' last year which is ... yet again another premise identical to this.

So as far as originality goes - there is none however I am very much enjoying the anime so far after watching 3 episodes and looking forward to how this turns out.
Apr 29, 2016 7:42 AM

Apr 2008
RebeIIion said:

This isn't the second time they have tried to replicate their winning formula - they made 'Owari no Seraph' last year which is ... yet again another premise identical to this.

So as far as originality goes - there is none however I am very much enjoying the anime so far after watching 3 episodes and looking forward to how this turns out.

Owari no seraph was an adaptation of a manga. This is completely anime original. THe manga is being made FOR it in June
Apr 29, 2016 7:47 AM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:
RebeIIion said:

Owari no seraph was an adaptation of a manga. This is completely anime original. THe manga is being made FOR it in June

My point is they have made anime adaptations for SnK and Owari no Seraph and now they are making their own anime which just so happens to be a carbon copy.
It's not a coincidence...
I love the anime so far btw and i loved SnK
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

933 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 30, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

545 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 29, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jarjaxle - May 5, 2016

615 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.