Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 12, 2009 11:18 PM

Dec 2007
I wasn’t expecting this one turns into a magical girl anime, but it seems more relaxing and fun to me. This part didn’t bother me at all since I liked mahou shoujo enough, but I worry if the next episode will have decent story.
Jul 13, 2009 2:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another nice episode. Kanon's transformed outfit looks pretty good on her. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 13, 2009 2:42 PM

Feb 2008
haha, Muten Rosh appeared. Okay, not really. But the turtle kindareminded me of him. :P
Enjoyed this episode as well.
Jul 13, 2009 10:39 PM

Jan 2008
Ladies and gentlemen, we were just given a rare anime gift - Not just one, but two, two magjic girl transfomations!

No, really, this is just go old fashion fun in my opinion
Jul 14, 2009 1:25 PM

Mar 2007
cyruz said:
Another nice episode. Kanon's transformed outfit looks pretty good on her. :D

THIS!! THIIIIS!!

<3
~Shade and sweet water~
Group Lead of Otenba -- Quality Check Lead of Static-Subs
Jul 15, 2009 7:13 AM

Jun 2009
Awnn, this episode was so cute >3<
I just love the way their clothes are designed, and Kanon's outfits are all so Lolita-Styled *_*
Jul 16, 2009 12:59 PM

Mar 2008
Oh wow, Kannazuki no miko ! ^^
I'm a bit surprised that anime turned into a mahou shoujo, didn't expect that... But since i love the genre, i have no complains ^^
Jul 18, 2009 10:51 AM

Oct 2007
Siva said:
Still have no idea why I am watching this.

Yet it's strangely compelling. I was looking for a good Mahou Shoujo anime so maybe this can fill the gap.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jul 25, 2009 9:34 PM

Oct 2008
If the Sea Maiden don't team up with the Sky Maiden, darkness will devour all the light in both the sea and the land.. Oh, boy.. ^_^;;

If there weren't ecchi elements in this anime, I would get the feeling that its a scene out of Star Ocean: Second Evolution. When was the last time in which an anime features light fighting darkness? I cannot recall..
Kira01Jul 25, 2009 10:04 PM
Jul 29, 2009 3:03 PM

Sep 2007
*sarcasm* ---> I liked how Matsumoto was the commentator on everything, and Kanon thought this was all a joke to get her to buy something.

Siva said:
Still have no idea why I am watching this.

I'm on the fence about this anime. I like the music and animation, but the story is bleh. As I said in Episode 1, this anime makes me feel sleepy.

Mar 13, 2010 11:35 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty music~ Didn't expect the mahou shoujo transformations, even if they weren't long and drawn out with their own little magic theme and whatever... Some things still seem kind of inconsistent, but maybe it will get better.

Talking turtle. :D
Nov 11, 2010 5:10 AM

Mar 2010
reminds me of uta kata
Nov 11, 2010 6:41 PM

Jun 2009
So, when exactly did the turtle teach her? How exactly do they already know how to fight?

I'll keep watching this, but probably for the same reasons as Notedhero mentioned.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 9, 2011 2:42 AM

Jan 2008
It's a turtle. With a hat. And a moustache.

I thought it would teach Marin its Kame Hame Ha. =D
'nough said.
SaorinFeb 9, 2011 2:47 AM

Mar 9, 2011 7:02 AM

Oct 2009
Mahou Shoujo o.o didn't expect that. Well its still a pretty calm and nice anime, probably gonna stick through to the end.
Feb 5, 2012 4:09 AM
Sep 2011
The girls are pretty in this.
Sep 12, 2012 3:13 AM

Aug 2010
love the talking turtle XD but he looks ugly without his hat....
the previous miko's should have put the tomb somewhere save so no one can open it...
Jan 10, 2014 10:47 PM

Jan 2010
Pleasant music, a literal fish-out-of-water, gratuitous amounts of ass, exaggerated comedy, a talking turtle, light vs. darkness, pseudo-tentacles, magical girl transformations, dat fight animation, and I think the mermaid in the ED's story took a knife to the bride.

This is one of the most haphazardly put together shows I've ever seen. I'm not sure how to react to this show anymore.
ShockedJan 11, 2014 9:58 PM
Feb 26, 2016 1:28 PM

Feb 2014
lol, she hugged the evil lady who then turned into an octopus xD

Pretty good start, I'm liking it so far. I'm a big fan of magical girl anime. I especially like the powers that the priestesses have. Their outfits are also pretty cool, and I hope we see their full transformations! Also, not killing the enemy was super unexpected. Though given Marin's personality I wouldn't be surprised if every enemy was purified over being killed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2019 11:04 AM

Oct 2015
This has to be the chillest boss fight I've ever seen.
Apr 4, 2020 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched a "light" magical girl series for long and will see how it develops.

However I find the two sisters pretty cute, but also very naive in a way that the series might become a bit too cheesy for me, because it has a pretty simple view on evil and "pure" so far.
But I see how it develops. At least I think it's cute so far.^^

The setting reminds me in episode 1 a lot of A Lull in the Sea.
Aug 6, 2020 5:25 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
For those who are saying that this show feels like Sailor Moon, you are not wrong for feeling that way.
This show was actually directed by Junichi Sato, who is not only well known for directing the first season (and the first half of the second season) of the 90s Sailor Moon anime, but several other magical girl anime such as Princess Tutu, Ojamajo Doremi, and even created the magical girl series Prétear, which is way more Sailor-Moon-esque than this show.
The relaxing, more iyashikei nature of this show should also come as no surprise, as Junichi Sato is also the director for every single season of Aria (including the upcoming Aria movie that was recently unveiled for 2021).

Anyway, I pretty much decided to watch this show because I am fond of Junichi Sato's previous work on the magical girl genre and I really liked the opening.
I had heard that this anime was also iyashikei, so I wasn't expecting the sakuga in that battle against that octopus minion lady. I appreciate the surprise sakuga though because it looks really good and I think I've quickly become a fan of the Priestess magical girl outfits! Surprisingly the music playing through the battle was just piano music and it still worked for the mood of that scene regardless. Matsumoto is also an interesting turtle even though he's not the first time I've seen a fire breathing turtle—does Torkoal from Pokémon count? lol

All this piano playing and talk of light and darkness and beach setting though......
...it's giving me Kingdom Hearts vibes and I hope that this show ends up being better than that Pandora's box...
Oct 13, 2020 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
not gonna lie

the speech from urin was top tier cringe
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Aug 5, 2022 11:24 PM

May 2017
Wow, a talking turtle lmao I liked the touching moment where Urin was crying and apologizing for releasing the demon 😭 begging for Kanon to help her sister. Kanon is a pretty strong character, hope to see some more development!

That demon octopus was fucking terrifying, and I agree, the sakuga was shockingly good 👍
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anybody Remember this anime

Traxillia - Mar 10

1 by Sekiro94 »»
Mar 10, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 12 Discussion

Lvhina - Sep 16, 2009

45 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 25, 2021 10:36 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~ Anata ga Itekureta Koto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2009

88 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 15, 2021 2:00 AM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 11 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 9, 2009

14 by Fario-P »»
Jan 6, 2021 3:36 PM

Poll: » Umi Monogatari ~Anata ga Itekureta Koto~ Episode 10 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 2, 2009

18 by Fario-P »»
Jan 6, 2021 3:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.