Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 24, 2016 7:16 PM

Jan 2016
Very good ending. Lmao YES Aoki is finally getting a title match.
i liked this series, wasn't as good as the 1st season because the first half of this season wasn't that great.
it started to get really good at episode 13, and that Takamura vs Hawk fight was fuckin legendary.

anyway, great season 8/10
ON TO THE NEXT ONE
Mar 31, 2016 12:44 AM

Aug 2013
Weird way to end it. Again, these last two episodes feel like the start of a new season rather than an ending. Well, I can just immediately go into the next season so I guess it doesn't really matter lol.

Overall, this was a solid ep, and a great season. I can honestly say I liked this season more than the first due to focus on characters besides Ippo. Takamura, Miyata, and Date had excellent development and story arcs, and the fight scenes I thought were animated much more cleanly than in season 1.

Also, from the looks of things it'll stay on this awesome pace, since it looks like Aoki and Itagaki will get serious fights coming up.

If I could fault it for anything, it'd be the Hammer Nao arc which sucked (But that's more of a manga thing), and the soundtrack. It wasn't bad, but it was way too generic and the tone of the previous series and movies was somewhat lost. Again these are just minor nitpicks, and I'd still give it a 9/10
Jul 3, 2016 7:52 AM

Jan 2013
Nice finale, some things to look forward to.
But it doesn't look like the Miyata match will happen for a very long time.
Jun 8, 2017 9:26 AM

Mar 2013
It was a good 2nd season. Instead of Ippo, we got other characters getting the spotlight most of the time around.

Unlike first season which was intense and fleeting one, the 2nd season was more about build-up and drama oriented comparatively.

Humor took a backseat and we hardly got any comedy which was prominent in first season. Well there were an episode or two but that's all about it.

Soundtrack. Again, I think previous batch of soundtrack were more dramatic and knew how to raise the bar high. Be it any fierce moment or an emotional scene. Damn, I sure miss first ED of Ippo so hard.

Matches, this time around felt more brutal and mature. But I still prefer how fights in first season were played out. Each one of them kept you on the edge of your seat with their intensity and uncertainty which is not something I'll forget easily.

To wrap it up, yeah this nothing more than a comparison b/w S1 and S2 which I felt pointing out. S2 was good but not outstanding enough.

8/10
Jul 25, 2017 5:43 PM

Jun 2016
I'm glad I picked the show back,if this is not greatness what is?? FUCK! the comedy was gold too.

And that highlight of my man,of all the spirit hands grabbing Takamura's back yo. Hajime no Takamura!!

10/10.
Aug 17, 2017 2:33 PM
Mar 2015
1. By sheer insane luck, Aoki get's his chance at a title match. That's just great.

2. Now Ippo has to improve on his Dempsey Roll. Trust me people I know Ippo has more than that in his arsenal Ex. Gazelle Punch and the Liver Blow. But let's face it, out of all of his weapons the Dempsey Roll is probably his strongest weapon in his arsenal, and I don't blame him on wanting to improve on that move alone.

Can't wait to watch Rising.
Dec 25, 2017 3:40 PM

Jun 2015
Enjoyed this season as a whole. Can't wait to see Aoki's title fight, we haven't seen too much of him and when we do it's just a fastforwarded fight. Guess we will be seeing some full bouts in this one.
I'm not really grasping Miyata's level in comparison with others as Ippo, Sendo or Volg, as we're not seeing much of him since he left Ippo's category. Not really sure if the fighters of other countries and the competition he's fighting in are supposed to be stronger or looser, I feel like the author could've made it clearer (or maybe I didn't pay enough attention), or it is actually more developed in the manga. I will have to read it since the start when I finish watching the animes series.
So Ippo's pretty much like a one trick pony now because he relies on dempsey roll too much. Tbh I didn't think it was like that while I was watching all his fights, specially against Sendo, it was more of a last blow option.
I'm feeling we will finally see Ippo vs Miyata in the next season, can't wait to see the outcome.
Also wondering if Mashiba is making the jump for the world title or is staying for Japan, and if we will see a rematch of Kimura against him.
Nov 27, 2018 5:23 AM

Oct 2012
Aww, too short for the conclusion :(
"Signature removed"
Mar 17, 2019 5:26 PM

Oct 2015
Battle of the hawks will forever be favorite fight of all time, that was first time Takamura fought so passionate and hard. Bryan was a jerk and he deserved to be beaten like that.

Best season ever 10/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 29, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Overall, this was a great series. Hawk vs Takamura was the best fight I've ever seen.

9/10.

Jun 18, 2019 12:19 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like we can expect the first official match between Ippo and Miyata after all this time.
This was a pretty good season overall, seeing Date fight with Martinez and Takamura execute Hawk.

Feb 14, 2020 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
I’m very curious for what could happen in the next season. By the way, the Dempsey Roll is awesome, so I’m curious about how it will become too.
Feb 19, 2020 9:07 AM

Aug 2015
Very good end for this season.

Season that focuses much more on other characters than Ippo. The whole part on Takamura was really excellent. I just always regret that Ippo's personality is so... annoying when he is currently the champion. (His generic answers to reporters are just piece of shit)
Mar 17, 2020 8:32 AM

May 2015
Solid season. Aoki fighting for title? WTF? :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 22, 2020 12:10 PM

Nov 2018
Aoki's luck strikes again.
I hate everyone equally
Jan 8, 2021 6:57 AM

Nov 2016
Aoki title match hype lmao

Great set-up finale. Now that Rising is out it works perfectly, but back then it was a damn tease.

10/10 enjoymentwise, but compared to season one it's just a 9,5/10 even tho the main fights were outstanding

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 19, 2021 7:05 AM

May 2016
Ippo training harder than ever before so his signature moveset wouldn't end up being obselete against his future opponents was inspiring as hell. I'm definitely looking forward to the fruits of his labor soon!

I went through this season way quicker than I could've expected~

Aug 14, 2021 8:00 PM

Aug 2018
Looking forward to Aoki's "Titru Matchi"

Amazing season, Takamura vs Hawk was one of the best fights in all of anime tbh
10/10

Oct 12, 2021 9:32 PM

Mar 2018
I feel that this series is just getting worse and worse over time, I can't even remember the last Ippo fight I enjoyed, they all got so repetitive and predictable... Other characters' matches are more entertaining, which frustrated me even more. I disliked the return of Geromichi arc so much that I paused this anime for months! Came back knowing that the last arc was going to be about Takamura and I got so disappointed that due to the personality of the opponent it was so obvious that Takamura was going to win. I miss the days when opponents were actually likeable.

I kinda feel bad for not liking this series, as I like the sports genre a lot, I even liked a simple series like Diamond no Ace more than this. This was the first sports anime I couldn't binge.
Dango41Nov 1, 2021 2:09 PM
Dec 9, 2021 5:49 PM

Dec 2007
interesting last episode for this series. though felt more like madhouse just tried to show end the cycle had been started with this series - miyata, they did better at letting more on ippo.
honestly the pace was terrible and some parts was overkill. the whole practice part felt like they should have been before match and not before ending series, but it still worked well on the way of opening end for the series.
7/10 to this end

as for "new challenger" series. the HnI story itself is masterpiece, but the director for this series just went and done horrible thing. it felt as he read the manga and let his own personal feeling of the panels and the dialogues getting in the way, instead seeing what the previous director had done with his "free view" style. the result could be changed the way they done - doing one by one anime by panels is good way and most anime do so, most shounen in fact, i could forgive the director to let go the direction way the first series went by it's free way watching and more manga style, but he inserted too much of his own point of view, some anime are better that way than the manga, but this director just have way too much dramatic view of things that ruined too much.
the story was fun to watch, it deserves 10 points here, but the direction didn't let it being too nice lol.

as for the OST. i can understand how they wanted new OST to market with the new series, but they should had make it at least resemble the old one. instead, though at some points it was good, most of it just made me cringe by the thought of "what the old OST would'v done" lol.

this series isn't total fail, there was good animation here. but when the director just have his own things for the story, it's cringe to watch. the story was kind of rollercoaster, as it was downhill in gero michi part and very good at takamura battle. if it had been done in better direction, it could have comparable to the first series, but at the current state:
8/10 - just for the story and animation, some of OST and the comedy episodes. the rest is 4/10 lol.
Jan 11, 2023 3:44 AM

Apr 2022
dempsey rolls getting a crazy upgrade, miyata is in sight.

solid season, the animation was really good and a huge improvement from the old series but this season failed to emotionally impact me as much. still the wholesomeness was there, sick fights and more comedy gold. overall a solid 9/10.
Jan 30, 2023 12:48 PM
Jun 2021
nice final episode
Feb 12, 2023 7:54 PM

Aug 2016
Slightly better than S1 wich was great already and so far among the best 20 anime I ever watched.
:v
Mar 3, 2023 3:52 AM
Jul 2022
A new journey begins!!!
Mar 23, 2023 3:19 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Tbh Ippo does lack ambition and drive sometimes (unlike Takamura). I totally wanted him to say "I want to fight Miyata" or "win the world title one day" during those interviews. His mental state is probably his biggest weakness. Bit frustrating for us watching the MC lol

I hope he learns not to rely on the Dempsey Roll. But it sounds like they're prioritising improving it I guess.

Great season 8/10. Definitely had some bad bits but the fights were epic and carried this season. Miyata winning the OPBF title, Date vs Martinez, and probs the best fight so far: Takamura vs Hawk.
Apr 25, 2023 12:48 AM
Jan 2023
good way to set up the next season. miyata vs ippo gonna be hype i know it
Apr 26, 2023 1:29 AM
Oct 2020
If you wanna box or are a Boxer watch this, trust me.
4 hours ago
Feb 2023
Great season. It would be the show at its Peak Potential with the amazing fights like Date x Ricardo and Takamura x Bryan Hawk, but Ippo's second fight against his former apprentice is massively underwhelming and a general lull in the show's storytelling, so much so that it takes a lot away from it.

Miyata's fight is memorable, too, and overall, the fights are extremely solid and the pacing pretty tight. The true highlight is the Bryan Hawk fight, which is absolutely outstanding, but the Eiji Date fight is a sleeper hit, while it's one-sided, the storylines it sets up are enticing, the emotions it manipulates are guttural, and its engaging from start to finish, much like the rest of the season (save for the lull).

9/10
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 16, 2009

140 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 17, 2009

66 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

superjesus - Mar 9, 2009

64 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 21, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Apr 21, 2009

75 by Meritas »»
Mar 16, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 10, 2009

55 by Meritas »»
Jan 21, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.