Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 22, 2023 11:34 PM
Sep 2009
After watching this episode I have come to think that there are two contrasting opinions (not regarding the score one would give it) in that the viewer thought it was either funny or infuriating, because of the stupidity of the protagonist. Regardless if taking the pill that caused his body to excrete the lethal odor had another side effect which was a factor in his stupidity, I fell into the latter category.

But other than being glad when it was over I’ve thought about it. The things I have heard about with the Japanese people, especially the shame and work culture which I will not go into detail here. It made me think, what if that was the point. That I was totally supposed to hate the protagonist but not for being a complete moron who caused way more deaths than there should have. That maybe the primary point of this episode was to be a polemic against the overpowering (blind?) obedience prevalent to the common Japanese people at the time and seemingly remaining to this very day. This was clearly shown when our protagonist just had to be a good little boy following orders even though he has military grade weapons targeted at him and sees that coming into human (with HAZMAT or not) and animal proximity is the cause of them dying.
Nov 18, 2023 7:45 AM

Apr 2023
Haha, this was a really ridiculous episode compared to the last one, and I don't think it had any correlation to memories whatsoever thematically. I knew it meant a silly one, but I couldn't help but think the comedic execution could be a little bit frustrating with how nonsensical the plot and how characters behaved, especially the protagonist.

It's pretty engaging and fun to watch overall, and the visuals were top-notch, as always.

Mar 19, 8:51 PM
Dec 2018
I liked it and it was funny, the guy was very stupid, of course much less than the magnetic rose
Apr 10, 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
I can't tell whether Nobuo was extremely unlucky to be the one who generated all that toxic gas or lucky as hell to avoid all those missiles, even with the help of said gas, lol. He treated his mission very seriously to the end and delivered that case safely to Tokio. Too bad he was so dumb he didn't realize that perhaps, with a very small chance of possibility, he could have been the reason all those military units decided to wreck everything near his position.

Another brilliant movie with an interesting story and stellar animation.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Memories: Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jonnieh - Apr 30, 2009

90 by Adnash »»
Apr 10, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Memories: Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cantius - Jun 26, 2009

78 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 19, 8:59 PM

» Nazi Symbolism

animejnkie - Apr 9, 2009

4 by luckyducky9999 »»
Sep 29, 2023 5:30 AM

» help

Starlord09 - Mar 1, 2023

11 by GoCrayzee »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:59 AM

» Clarification

Starlord09 - Nov 29, 2022

1 by crdboard »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.