Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2009 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I've got to say, out of all the battles in the series so far, this is one of the most impressive ones. Full of Awesome sauce. The entire episode focuses on the battle with the seemingly genderless Masagami (their voices would change from male to female), who control the elements of fire and ice. They weren't the WitchBlade knockoffs I thought they would be.

Oh yeah, out of all the enemies in the series, the Masagami actually felt like a threat. Make fun of me all you want. I thought this episode was one of the best in this series. 9/10 for me.
removed-userJun 5, 2009 4:34 PM
Jun 5, 2009 7:48 PM

Apr 2009
Awesome Episode! Finallly some long lasting fight scene. This is all coming to a close nicely.
Jun 6, 2009 6:07 AM

Aug 2008
After the battles in the last few eps this wasn't anything special or epic imo. Maybe because of the crap video quality, maybe because of the "As strong as they need to be" it didn't feel like much of a struggle. And why should I feel sorry for Reishin again?

Plus Kuro's change and change back, and Akane's reasons were so poorly presented..

Lame show. Always was, always will be. Wonder what they'll pool in the last 3 eps.
Jun 6, 2009 10:21 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That felt like bad video game cutscenes. that's really all I can say. The music, the fire Masagami, the ice Masagami, Reishin stepping in to save Keita. Everything about it screamed cutscene full of cliches.

But now that the fight is over, what are they going to do for the remaining episodes?
Jun 6, 2009 11:07 AM
May 2008
Exactly, the creators pulled out every cliche imaginable and filled this episode full of them. Also like TC said there are still three episodes left... what could they possible do now that all this is "over"?
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 6, 2009 12:05 PM

Oct 2008
The Masagami were pretty ridiculous Reishin became the hero, and despite the mess of wtf moments, like how Kuro became Kuro again, the ending was actually pretty sad. However, knowing how this series has been, they'll find some really simple way to bring Reishin back in the first few minutes of the next episode, considering how the series has progressed lately, it wouldn't be all that surprising. The battle was pretty epic, too bad the Masagami didn't look a little more formidable as far as their being the true antagonists of the series. There are a few episodes left, so it is clear that this isn't over, Kuro and Keita are clearly going to have the final battle with whatever forces they are going to come up against.
Jun 6, 2009 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
The Masagami inside her perhaps?

Something about humanity and the promised land been restored.

It was a bit cheesy but at least it was action packed.
Jun 6, 2009 1:40 PM

Mar 2005
topics merged
Jun 6, 2009 2:30 PM
Jul 2008
Lol, reminded me of pokemon: Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres.
Jun 6, 2009 3:21 PM

Oct 2008
Wonder when Anime zone will notice that there is still a part of episode after ED. :) Well, you can say all you want, but I liked this episode. Yes, it was cliche, but in a good style, at least as for me. The battle was epic, and yeah, it really felt like it was from some kind of action game, but in my case it was a good feeling. :)
Jun 6, 2009 3:25 PM

Sep 2008
I thought I saw Robert Frost somewhere in there...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2009 7:49 PM

Sep 2008
Quickfox said:

lol now that you mention it yeah it does xD

Jun 8, 2009 4:30 AM

Jan 2009
Seriously, this was one hallelujah freaking amazing episode. Fighting was just superb. And fuck, songs was so awesome.
Jun 8, 2009 4:45 AM

Jul 2008
The episode is actually quite good^^ it would be interesting to see how they wrap up the series^^
Jun 8, 2009 5:27 AM

Jan 2009
That was extremely visually stunning. And the whole episode was actually better than average Kurokami. Now I only wonder how they'll wrap up the show.
Jun 8, 2009 7:14 AM
Mar 2008
quick end up on the final eps., reishin and kuro dead, keita and akane live happily ever after ... LOL
Jun 8, 2009 11:33 PM

Nov 2007
visually good, horrible dialogue. how many times do we need to hear the same rehearsal of : im a god. no your not. im a god, you are dirty. you are not a god. blah blah blah blah blah.

considering that there are 3 episodes left i can only think of two possible outcomes.

1. the world now becomes unstable.
2. kuro becomes a master root momotsuim now that 2 of the 3 are dead.

either way this anime has failed overall, still haven't figured out why yet but itll come to me.
Jun 9, 2009 4:45 PM

Oct 2007
crazy_eights said:

2. kuro becomes a master root momotsuim now that 2 of the 3 are dead.

For some reason, this made me laugh. Probably because of the ridiculous amount of stupid plot changes and I could totally see that happening. Kuro is the master root and know Keita is the only person that is a not root and they become one and obliterate the system. HA.

And it failed because it did the worst thing in one or two episodes: changed the bad guy to a good guy and added some other random bad guy. If they do that again, I will really become disappointed.
Jun 10, 2009 3:37 PM

Jan 2009
So far, this anime is the most ridiculous of the year -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2009 2:43 AM

Mar 2007
Please check the checkbox for episode discussion when making a thread dedicated to a particular episode. (Or just check the sub-forum for an existing thread.)

Threads merged
Jun 12, 2009 9:13 PM

Jul 2008
Quickfox said:

THIS. And the part where Reishin jumped in just screamed Byakuya for me.
Jun 13, 2009 3:16 PM

Sep 2008
Glad I'm not the only disappointed by all of Kurokami's logic. This show is really disappointing me, I'm just watching it now for the battles.
Jun 14, 2009 3:52 PM

Apr 2008
Look again at 19:53. It's like perfect "C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER" for me :D
Jun 15, 2009 3:32 AM

Sep 2008
I really have enjoyed most of the episodes for a while now but this one dissapointed me. The fight was dull compared to the past episodes which sucked. Kuro also of course had a lame way of turning back to normal :/. Well seems Reishin is dead which sucks, since he is awesome. But if he stays dead i will be happy since to many series these days use the corny reason for a character surviving....

Well the animation was brilliant at least.
Jun 15, 2009 11:22 AM
Mar 2009
They have won... but what comes next?

That is the mystery of fate...

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jun 19, 2009 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
Awesomeness
Jun 20, 2009 10:26 PM

Sep 2008
The BEST battle so far in this anime.
Jun 23, 2009 2:40 PM

Jun 2008
Wow that was one heck of a battle, I hope it can keep it up!
Dec 20, 2009 2:08 AM

Feb 2009
Epic episode.
Dec 22, 2009 11:53 PM

May 2008
"Kuro, they look just like you!"
Uuhhh... not really... :/

I must say though, this battle has redeemed the series for me.
Aug 24, 2012 10:11 AM

Dec 2010
so i got questions

why does the masagami reincarnate itself every odd century?
why did reishin need to break the seal off the holy land along with his mother?
May 2, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2014
The Gears of Fate and God of Three-in-one . Awakening Evil Incarnate .
"Banish the System , Lift the Curse." The Miraculous Synchronization !!
EPIC EPISODE ~ !!! A True Hero .

Coldbid said:
so i got questions

why does the masagami reincarnate itself every odd century?
why did reishin need to break the seal off the holy land along with his mother?

It was said that it took several hundred of years to seal Masagami . Note that it was a several hundred of years of battle not the time to seal Masagami . As you can see , It is a Three-in-one God . Hypothesize that they weren't able to seal Masagami wholly but by splitting them . Chances are , A part of Masagami (Kuro) was bound to be reincarnate every odd century and the Clan had to dispatch the part every now and then .
The Maiden of the Tribe's Blood was needed to break the seal of the holy land .
To break the seal of the Great Holy stone means one step away from enabling the God to resurrect again . He needed to break the other stones .

Well anyways , you'll find the answers the previous episode or even search it yourself . I just cannot leave questions atop of me unanswered ya know ~ .
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM

Dec 2022
I hope this Reishin asshole stays dead and doesn't get resurrected or something. Such pathetic writing to try and portray him as sympathetic after all the mass murdering, torture and familicide he's been doing. Some of the characters even gathered around to speculate on unfounded notions that he committed such evils for their sake, based on no evidence besides anecdotal folklore and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Reishin even tried to kill them again during this same fight with one of his energy blasts, which was conveniently ignored by the narrative.

At least the fighting was decent. Plenty of flash, colour and movement.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jun 18, 2009

121 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 29, 2009

31 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.