Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2014 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh God, you really are pissed off quite a bit. Eh, I think this will drag into the next episode since Pitou still needs to heal Komugi. Geez Christ, Gon's face expressions.

A lot of feels this episode. No fighting this episode, oh well.
Feb 11, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2008
I got fucking goosebumps. They animated this episode perfectly.
Feb 11, 2014 9:08 AM
Dec 2010
I think I can die in peace now.
Feb 11, 2014 9:09 AM
Feb 11, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
Oh for the love of good, you too, guys?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2014 9:18 AM

Aug 2011
Inb4 haters saying "omggg wtf is this shit where is the fight i want the fights" incoming

judals said:
Oh for the love of good, you too, guys?

Lol, I watched it on a Justin Tv channel which streams live anime
Feb 11, 2014 9:50 AM
May 2012
OMG
This is fucking amazing
Tomoko Mori at her best
One of my favorite eps in the series
Feb 11, 2014 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
Pitou is so cute lol
Gon why don't you chill out? About to kill 2 girls, just drop dead you selfish bastard.
AversaFeb 11, 2014 12:49 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 11, 2014 10:06 AM

Dec 2008
I can't really speak or understand japanese, but I read the manga so often that I know what they are saying. It doesn't makes sense to watch it raw if you don't understand a thing. And I would not recommend learning japanese just to watch anime. D:
Feb 11, 2014 10:12 AM

Jan 2011
Yami-Asami said:
I think I can die in peace now.

me too
now let all anime go to hell
HxH forever
Feb 11, 2014 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
Bravo to Madhouse! They animated one of my favorite chapters beautifully, and the voice actors portrayed their full emotions to match the animation all throughout the episode.
Feb 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode.
You must never pissed off Gon he is beast. A lot of feels . Tomoko Mori is perfect.
AversaFeb 11, 2014 12:51 PM
Feb 11, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2011
Waiting every week is killing me~

I swear I'm so close to reading manga. Each episode gets me so pumped for the next one. Gon should of went HAM straight away would be been awesome to see a fight of desperation from Pitou.
Feb 11, 2014 11:29 AM

Jun 2012
Killua barely mustering the strength to take a deep breath before calming Gon was more impactful in showing how he is breaking inside for his friend more so than the obvious shots
Feb 11, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2010
Freaking great episode, can't wait for the next one! Amazing animation, too.
AversaFeb 11, 2014 12:52 PM
Feb 11, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
Im barely breathing.One of most intense episodes of any anime/show i have ever watched in my whole life.I was literally trembling.I was nearly crying of how epic that was.I dont care if someone calls me a nerd, but FUCKING HUNTER X HUNTER FTW!

If i ever had an option to rate any 1 anime 11/10, it would be HxH.
Feb 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
This was so intense... damn, MadHouse really did a fantastic job with this episode, the seiyuu that voices Gon... is wooow..... Really really really loved this episode.
Feb 11, 2014 11:38 AM
Apr 2013
I only have one word for that and that word is FANTASTIC!!!
Feb 11, 2014 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
Wow such emotion, I had no idea Gon could be that heartless. It isn't even funny how different he is from other Shounen main characters this is some serious shit right here.I was also thinking the same thing Killua was saying a few eps back, that if Gon killed Pitou there would be no getting kite back. It's a good thing Killua was there.

And is it just me or did Killua just take off at the end there?
AichiroFeb 11, 2014 11:45 AM
Feb 11, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2013
This episode was amazing... it sent chills throughout my spine...
Did Killua leave at the end?
And that preview... wow. It keeps getting better.
5/5
Feb 11, 2014 11:45 AM

Oct 2013
HOLY MOTHERFUCKING CHRIST!!! Most shocking episode since ep.85(at least for me). I am still in AWE!!! Really didn't expect such a crazy reaction from Gon and that kind of an edgy development!!! Just brilliant, I am speechless... That is called brilliant writing and awesome char development especially when it comes from a shounen... I won't even complain for the 3 min recap :P

VA of Gon was freaking incredible by the way....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 11, 2014 11:50 AM

Jan 2012
I've only read the part in this ep from the manga,I'm glad I don't know what comes next but jeez this ep was amazing as always
and scrw the people whining every week about the pacing,I love the narrator and everything,really gets you into everyone's mind...this is a masterpiece
Feb 11, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
And this is why pissing Gon off is a bad idea XD

HOLY SHIT O_O!! This episode exceeded my expectations to no end. Dat RAGE!!!!
I was shivering and couldn't breathe throughout >__<!!!!!!

Gon looks like a complete villain right now hahaha. All Dem rage rape faces with that DBZ dark aura just looked so damn EPIC!!! How he imagined Kite being messed up with Pitou was creepy as hell! And Dat Janken AURA O_O!! That was really scary!!

Pitou pissing her pants. She's scared shitless. But this ep is what made her one of my fav HxH characters when I read it in the manga and the anime made it even better. Dat loyalty is astounding >.<! Really love her character a lot. The way she didn't mind sacrificing anything and how she was so desperate to protect Komugi. MANLY TEARS!!!

Poor Killua T_T His sad face was really depressing :( Loved his calm analyzing thinking and how he thought about the 3rd party and his grandpa's few words and analyzed them completely to understand the situation. The end scene with how he just left was so sad T^T...Can't wait til he goes to help the others. His time for BAness is soon :D
Feb 11, 2014 11:54 AM
Sep 2013
It's almost admirable how they can still manage to stall the anime this much while keeping an acceptable amount of interest from the viewers.
The end is nigh

Feb 11, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2011
PERFECT.
YOU DONT NEED A SIMPLE FIGHT TO DO AN EPIC EPISODE.
Pitou, Gon, Killua depelopment

EXCELLENT
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 11, 2014 11:55 AM

Nov 2013
I was really looking forward to this episode and Madhouse adapted it perfectly, the animation, the music, the voice acting, the writing, simply perfect. I just loved the way Gon spoke when he was questioning Pitou, we didn't what Gon was going to do, I could just feel the tension

If you like top quality anime and are not watching Hunter X Hunter, you are doing yourself a disservice
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Feb 11, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
its been a LONG while since ive got the feels as bad as this...such epicness...i cry :'|
Feb 11, 2014 11:56 AM
Jan 2011
Amazing episode. The way that they animated those Gon's dead eyes was truly brilliant - and scary. This anime has very good set of animation teams, but Tomoko mori's team is by far the best. Major props for Megumi Han's emotional voice acting also. Looking forward to next week!
Feb 11, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2007
holy shit that was intense.

the silence at the end where Killua rage quitted and left the room really got to me
Feb 11, 2014 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
So does anyone have an educated guess on how many eps until we actually see Pitou fight Gon?
Feb 11, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
LeosApathy said:
So does anyone have an educated guess on how many eps until we actually see Pitou fight Gon?

educated guess
Feb 11, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2011
THE BEST OF THE BEST EP 116 > EP 47,52,80,85,105,112,111

May 2010
a very interesting and intense episode but fuck me is it slow paced. i gave up on seeing the fight this or next month.

Jul 2013
MadHouse, thanks a whole bunch~!

That was very awesome! 5/5
Feb 11, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2010
Oh. My. God. Great episode. I know it was dragged out, but I've been waiting for this for so long...I was on pins and needles the whole episode.

I told myself I'd only watch half and then go back to my biology homework, but wow that didn't happen lol.

Absolutely amazing. A little overdramatic sometimes, I found myself giggling a bit. But overall it was really good.

But seriously, where the hell did Killua go? Omg. Omg. I am going to be so upset if he left... :( But man, Gon was so mean. I see him in a totally different light now. He's always the quickest to forgive, the quickest to bring up the positives of a situation. Wow.

Those dead eyes... I think they scarred me a bit.
Feb 11, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2008
LeosApathy said:

Feb 11, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
Who the hell cares about the fight... I would prefer episodes like this one over any fight all day long lol :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 11, 2014 12:15 PM
Sep 2011
I'm hyperventilating so hard right now. It boggles my mind how this show manages to keep delivering high quality episodes every week. This is truly anime at its finest.
Feb 11, 2014 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.

Vanser said:

And how many episodes till the end of this arc?
Feb 11, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2008
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon or he probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.

Vanser said:

Kite saved Gon's life in the very first chapter. I don't think they showed that in the 2011 anime, that was pretty stupid by them.

Feb 11, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2011
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon or he probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind.

Vanser said:

Kite is really important. Madhouse change the history of manga
Feb 11, 2014 12:20 PM

Feb 2012
tsudecimo said:

You know that Madhouse changed the backstory of Gon and Kite, right?

In this anime Gon's fixation on Kite seems like too much for sure. I recomend you read chapter 1 of the manga.
Feb 11, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Vanser said:

Did you just delete your comment to post it again? Are you really that hellbent on trying too hard to troll this episode?
Well, can't really expect it to make sense to you if all you expect is the quality of that other series.

Well anyway, this is called "character development'. It's a new alien technique used in Hunter x Hunter exclusively.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2010
tsudecimo said:

I totally understand what you're saying. I felt the same way for the episode as well. However, if you go back and watch the episode where Kaito was captured, it actually is pretty intense. Imo, the most intense scene beneath this week's episode. And in the previous episodes, there's a lot of foreshadowing that Gon is going to be really upset while fighting Pitou.

I also think it has a lot to do with Kaito's relationship to Gon's father. The fact that Gon finally met someone who knew a lot about Ging... It's really important to him.

I do think that he was OOC, though. He's always the one to think positively, and always the first to forgive. None of that came through in this episode.

You can't deny that it was really well done, though. ;)

EDIT: maybe it's a manga thing, though, with what other people are saying.

Haha, you really caused an uproar in the forums. XD
Oct 2013
Vanser said:
tsudecimo said:

Vanser said:

Kite saved Gon's life in the very first chapter. I don't think they showed that in the 2011 anime, that was pretty stupid by them.

Hmm? I thought they showed it at the start of the Chimera Ant arc. I do remember Kite saving little Gon and I didn't read the manga.
Feb 11, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
Vanser said:
LeosApathy said:

Thanks! I've been dying to see them duke it out. :)
Feb 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Dec 2012
Vanser said:

Salce said:
tsudecimo said:

You know that Madhouse changed the backstory of Gon and Kite, right?

In this anime Gon's fixation on Kite seems like too much for sure. I recomend you read chapter 1 of the manga.

I heard about that, since there was a shit storm regarding that at the beginning of the Chimera ant arc but I wasn't watching at the time so I didn't know all the details regarding what Madhouse did.

Okay, I will read it.
Feb 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2011
Vanser said:

They pretty much did. When Pitou attacked Kit and group when she sensed their presence, Kite forced Gon to leave the scene because he knew how powerful Pitou was and if he stayed it could result in his death (considering Gon's "level" at the time). The result obviously was Kite sacrificing himself to allow them to escape. I think they also showed a flashback to Kite protecting Gon when he was being stupid or something, can't remember. In any case, I think there has been sufficient evidence to show why Gon is so bound to Kite. It's a little more than just being a link to his Dad. He was a little over the top and my heart kinda of crumped when he said that line to Killua, but his rage is understandable. He walked in ready to kill and is now being to told to wait...that would create a huge emotional flare up and he is still a child.
IZEROIIFeb 11, 2014 12:40 PM
Feb 11, 2014 12:28 PM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:

Vanser said:

Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.